PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for Opening Day?

AppStFan76
June 26th, 2008, 02:52 PM
This has been discussed some in other threads.

Will you be at a game? Or will you watch the game on TV? Or listening on the radio/web broadcast?

Counting the days...will August 30 ever get here?!?

813Jag
June 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'll either be at the SWAC/MEAC Challenge or the Tennessee Martin/USF game. I'll be keeping an eye on scores using my phone.

Go...gate
June 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I'll listen online; can't travel much anymore because of my father's condition; I stay in range if he ever needs help. Will probably attend a few of Princeton's home games and (maybe) one for Rutgers or Lehigh. I doubt that I will get to Hamilton this year. Too bad, because Colgate will have a capable team, IMO.

Lionsrking
June 26th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Will you be at a game? Or will you watch the game on TV? Or listening on the radio/web broadcast?

I'll be in Lorman, Mississippi (technically Alcorn State, MS) watching my Lions take on the Alcorn State Braves of the Southwestern Athletic Conference. Hopefully, after the game, we can find a place to watch Mississippi State at Louisiana Tech...two or our next three opponents.

813Jag
June 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'll be in Lorman, Mississippi (technically Alcorn State, MS) watching my Lions take on the Alcorn State Braves of the Southwestern Athletic Conference. Hopefully, after the game, we can find a place to watch Mississippi State at Louisiana Tech...two or our next three opponents.
Have fun, I hope some Lions fans make the trip. Otherwise it'll be you, the 9 Alcorn fans, the band, and the teams. xlolx

bluehenbillk
June 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I'll be in a parking lot in College Park, MD somewhere say noonish.

OSBF
June 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I will be part of the RedBird Nation invasion of Huntington, WV. There's beer to drink, and buffalo burgers to grill.....oh.....and a football game to get to.

McNeese72
June 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM

They do have a nice, neat stadium.

At least, it was when we went there in the past.

Doc

McNeese72
June 26th, 2008, 04:56 PM

We are flying in to Raleigh/Durham on Thursday, so Saturday we hope to be tailgating with some 'heel fans.

Doc

footballer23
June 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
We open up on a Thursday... so that means I'm skipping some class the first week of school for tailgating purposes.

poly51
June 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I will be at Qualcom Stadium in San Diego for the Cal Poly-San Diego State game.

Eaglesrus
June 26th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I'll be at the game in Sanford Stadium on the campus of UGA. Now, if they'll just tell us what time the game is that will be a big help.

uofmman1122
June 26th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Since I can't make it to California (lol), I'll be watching the Griz on TV.

813Jag
June 26th, 2008, 05:35 PM

Doc
It's a nice stadium but it usually isn't full. I like going up there and tailgating.

Eaglesrus
June 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, now I wish they hadn't told us.....12:30!!!!!

By the way, this is a reference to post #12 above.

T-Dog
June 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'll be in Boone, then Charlotte in the wee hours of the morning, then I'll be in Memphis, then New Orleans and finally Baton Rouge by 11 am.

Then on Sunday, retrace my steps back to Boone.

Hoyadestroya85
June 26th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Will try to make it to Morgantown.. looking pretty unlikely though

Kill'em
June 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Most likely, I will be taking my Firefighter I exam.

slostang
June 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I will be at Qualcom Stadium in San Diego for the Cal Poly-San Diego State game.

So will I. I can not wait.xthumbsupx

dystopiamembrane
June 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
PGE Park, Portland State hosts Western Oregon

hvsader
June 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
...tailgate of course, then UMass visits Holy Cross at Fitton Field

gokats85
June 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I will be working that day, but I'll have some fun anyway. We (FSN Network Center in Houston) will broadcast at least 35 games that Saturday. I'll be at work early that morning and probably won't leave until the final games on the West Coast are finished sometime after midnight. Maybe we can get the company to bring in a few "Hooters Girls" to serve food to us that day...:D :D :D

McNeese75
June 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
We are flying in to Raleigh/Durham on Thursday, so Saturday we hope to be tailgating with some 'heel fans.

Doc

Save us some seats at the tailgate. We will be leaving from NO on Thursday. xnodx

griz&beer
June 26th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Watching the griz and cal polly.on good old KPAX ch.8 should be a great game. Party at my house .Chili cornbread hotwings and a bunch of good beer.

KiddBrewer
June 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
i, for one, will be drunk. in boone, at a bar somewhere near campus. (just incase)

UNHWILDCATS05
June 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Will try to make it to Morgantown.. looking pretty unlikely though

Will be really interested to hear people's thoughts on Morgantown and WVU...our friends in Huntington did not have much good to say about their fellow West Virginians (but on those same lines, not many had good things to say about Marshall fans and it was one of my best football experiences, so who knows??)

As to opening day... I will be traveling Europe on my honeymoon, but will be back in time to make a trip to West Point the following weekend!!!

Weems
June 26th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'll either be at the SWAC/MEAC Challenge or the Tennessee Martin/USF game. I'll be keeping an eye on scores using my phone.

I'm jealous. I will be sitting in my apartment on espn.com watching the live updates... maybe the school will broadcast the game live... Theyve done that before and its been a great success.

Lionsrking
June 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM

Doc

Yes, Alcorn has a very nice stadium. We played there our first year back in '03. If that game is any indication, it won't be a very big crowd, though being it's the opener, they may pack 'em in for that one. We should take a good following.

brownbear
June 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I will be at Brown's opener on September 20 against Stony Brook in Providence.

August 30 is move-in day at Brown, but I'll try to get some glimpses of games when I can.

Tribe4SF
June 27th, 2008, 03:04 AM
We don't open til Sept. 6, and I will be at Carter-Finley in Raleigh to watch my Tribe tangle with the Wolfpack.

UAalum72
June 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Weather permitting, put the top down, 2+ hours over the Petersburgh Pass and the scenic Mohawk Trail into Amherst for tailgating at McGuirk.

Weather not permitting, leave the top up.

AppStFan76
June 27th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I will be prepairing all day for the party we have planned. Wanted to make it to BR but those plans are not going to work out. So I will pick up the keg that morning and get ready to host about 30 people at the house for a "tail gate" cookout starting around noon and count the minutes to kick off just lkike Ive been doing everyday!!

Dawg2Rhody
June 27th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I will be celebrating my birthday watching the Rams start a new era. My son will be playing his first college game and hopefully will make an impact in Coach Rizzi's coaching debut in Kingston!

After the game we will be firing up the grills and watching UD/MD on tv hopefully.

Go RHODY!! IT'S A NEW DAY IN KINGSTON

biggie
June 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM
In Baton Rouge at the Alumni Tailgate feast, then the game.

bleedblue
June 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Can't get to the game so a hole chicken coop and myself will be partying in Dewey Beach Delaware and watching the game on ESPNUsuck teprs. Yes it may not be a win but it will be a hell of a party. "It's a celabration bitches."

Gil Dobie
June 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thursday night game, probably won't make the 3.5 hour trip on a weeknight. Listen on the internet and post on AGS. xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 27th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Like "05", I'll be at West Point watching UNH's game with Army.

Seawolf97
June 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I will be out at Stonybrook as we take on Colgate at 6pm in what should be a good game.

bjtheflamesfan
June 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I'll be marching into Williams Stadium with the Liberty University Marching Band opening night

catamount man
June 27th, 2008, 08:31 PM
August 28, 7pm kickoff. I plan to be tailgating by 2:30pm, no later than 3pm. Maybe earlier. I plan to consume a buttload of beer and eat good that day as WW can take a backseat that day.

Have to work the next day though. Oh!!! It won't be pretty. HA!!! xlolx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU LawCat
June 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
You will be calling in sick CM. Don't even try to lie!

APPALACHIANstate
June 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM
SAME THING I DID LAST YEAR!

BBQ Plate, Mt. Dew Code Red, Appalachian vs FBS...

catamount man
June 27th, 2008, 10:09 PM
You will be calling in sick CM. Don't even try to lie!

I wish, but no, I'll be at work. I'll be moving slow, but I'll be there. Took a sick day 2 weeks ago and that was the 1st in 15 months. If I'm feeling halfway good, I'll be there. You gonna come to Waynesville on August 6 for the golf outing? It's a blast. Food, booze, rubbing elbows with all the Catamount higher-ups.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx