PDA

View Full Version : NY state of mind: Colgate adds Albany as home game to 2011 FB slate

Go...gate
June 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM
....along with Cornell. Both added on Colgate's "Future Schedules" webpage today. Others in 2011 include Dartmouth and Towson. One open date to be filled.

Dane96
June 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Nice...I expect some PAYBACK for that 13-11 loss.

Seawolf97
June 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
You have some nice games coming up. I like the posting of future schedules. Kind of keeps everyone informed of where the program is headed. Adding Cornell and Albany gives you nice balance.

TheValleyRaider
June 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Albany and Cornell after 2010? Fantastic xthumbsupx

Gater
June 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM
These schedules are all fine and will certainly move Colgate closer to the playoffs but it sure would be nice to have a "reach" game each year. It's great having Furman on the schedule and Albany and Stony Brook are no slouches, but Albany plays Delaware, New Hampshire and UMASS in 2008. Colgate doesn't have that many tough match ups over the next four years.

Go...gate
June 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
These schedules are all fine and will certainly move Colgate closer to the playoffs but it sure would be nice to have a "reach" game each year. It's great having Furman on the schedule and Albany and Stony Brook are no slouches, but Albany plays Delaware, New Hampshire and UMASS in 2008. Colgate doesn't have that many tough match ups over the next four years.

Yes, agreed. The damned scholarship/"counter" thing has also trashed our ability to play the FBS "stretch" games which we have traditionally played.

Seawolf97
June 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Actually I feel for you guys. We dont get a counter game until 2009 but it is something to look forward to and it is the beginning of era for us. Good luck in 2008!