PDA

View Full Version : Wide receiver

JohnStOnge
June 23rd, 2008, 07:41 PM
I tried to find the position rankings for wide receivers thread for this but couldn't. It's about McNeese's Quinten Lawrence. I thought about mentioning, in the position rankings wide receivers thread, that Whitehead might not be the most dangerous receiver McNeese will have but decided not to.

Anyway, the article is at http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080622/OPINION01/188199678/1103/sports&title=The_top_12_senior_players_in_the_SEC and it's the first article after the "top 12 in SEC" article.

He's supposed to have gotten into the 4.2s in the 40 and has a definite official time of 6.79 in the 60 meters. He was great in 2005 but had some problems with dropping some in 2006. This past year was kind of in between.

Basically, he's a guy that can take it the distance and one nobody is likely to catch from behind. I think he could be a sleeper that could end up being drafted.

Cap'n Cat
June 24th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Not so fast, John. He was arrested for crack last Friday (http://loserswithsocks.com/2007/07/03/former-gator-avery-atkins-arrested-again-this-time-for-crack/)

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Not so fast, John. He was arrested for crack last Friday (http://loserswithsocks.com/2007/07/03/former-gator-avery-atkins-arrested-again-this-time-for-crack/)

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

What, exactly, does that blog about Avery Atkins (Univ. of Florida) have to do with Quinten Lawrence of McNeese?xconfusedx

McNeese72
June 24th, 2008, 07:39 AM
What, exactly, does that blog about Avery Atkins (Univ. of Florida) have to do with Quinten Lawrence of McNeese?xconfusedx

More than one article on that page. Scroll down to where it says "All Eyes on Lawrence" and then start reading there.

Doc

slostang
June 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Cal Poly's game at McNeese State will highlight four really good WRs. Stephen Whitehead, Quinten Lawrence, Ramses Barden and Tredale Tolver.

McNeese75
June 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Cal Poly's game at McNeese State will highlight four really good WRs. Stephen Whitehead, Quinten Lawrence, Ramses Barden and Tredale Tolver.

Yep and Barden is about a foot taller than Whitehead xlolx

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2008, 02:10 PM
More than one article on that page. Scroll down to where it says "All Eyes on Lawrence" and then start reading there.

Doc

I'm talking about the link in Capn Cats post, not the one JStO posted. Cap'n says he was arrested for crack, but the articles not about him.

JohnStOnge
June 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM

I'll go ahead and say that I think that, while Whitehead is a great all purpose player and Quinten Lawrence is very fast, it might turn out that the best pure wide receiver McNeese has next year will be Immanuel Friddle. He's a 6-2, 201 pound guy that just looks to me to have "it." Very good speed, great hands, very good body control, very smooth. I think wide receiver might be the deepest position on McNeese's team next season.

JohnStOnge
June 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I'm talking about the link in Capn Cats post, not the one JStO posted. Cap'n says he was arrested for crack, but the articles not about him.

Mistakes happen. We all make them.