PDA

View Full Version : Lunch with K.C. Keeler

Skjellyfetti
June 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Stumbled upon this, thought it was pretty cool. He's a classy dude.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130231541806

Lunch w/ KC Keeler, Head Coach-Univ of DE Football Team

Description:

KC Keeler, who has been head coach for the past six seasons, orchestrated Delaware’s return to the top of collegiate football by guiding the Fightin’ Blue Hens to the 2003 NCAA I-AA National Championship. Keeler led Delaware on yet another run at a national championship this past season in 2007 as the Blue Hens posted an 11-4 record and advanced to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision title game before falling to three-time defending champion Appalachian State in Chattanooga, TN. For their efforts, the Blue Hens were named the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Team of the Year for the 11th time in school history and received the Lambert Cup, symbolic of Eastern football supremacy, for the 19th time. The winning bidder and two guests will enjoy lunch with the energetic, charismatic Coach Keeler at Klondike Kate’s Restaurant in Newark, Delaware. Lunch date will be mutually agreed upon between Coach Keeler and the winning bidder but must be before or after the 2008 football season. 100% of the proceeds from this sale benefits Special Olympics Delaware.

About Us:

Special Olympics Delaware is an organization that changes lives by promoting understanding, acceptance and inclusion between people with and without intellectual disabilities. Through year-round sports training, athletic competition and related programs conducted for nearly 3,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities, the organization creates a model community that celebrates people's diverse gifts. Special Olympics Delaware builds sports skills, confidence, strength, motivation and self-esteem - not just for athletes, but for everyone involved.

Contact Us:

Special Olympics Delaware, 619 South College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716, (302) 831-4653, [email protected]

Rob Iola
June 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Wow - winning bid was $167.50 - seems, I dunno, kinda pedestrian, don't you think?

93henfan
June 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Wow - winning bid was $167.50 - seems, I dunno, kinda pedestrian, don't you think?

Pedestrian to you. Really expensive lunch to me!

Hoyadestroya85
June 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Lunch with Jay Wright would go for 5 times that...
Lunch with Andy Talley.. about the same maybe less...

MR. CHICKEN
June 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
$167.50....FO' UH HOT DAWG..xconfusedx.......AWK!

OH.....AN' MAH COUNT...SHOULD BE NEARIN' DUH 10K HOOD......SETBACKS.....CURVE BALLS.....SAUDI ARABIA.......AMY WINEHOUSE..........BRAWK OBAMA.........POLAR BEARS.......INTER-ACTIVE PLAY..........AH WELL.....xeyebrowx

SunCoastBlueHen
June 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM

Good to see Sir Chicken make an appearance!!!!!!

bobbythekidd
June 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Good to see Sir Chicken make an appearance!!!!!!
Yeah, I gave him rep just for showing up.

YoUDeeMan
June 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM

OH.....AN' MAH COUNT...SHOULD BE NEARIN' DUH 10K HOOD......SETBACKS.....CURVE BALLS.....SAUDI ARABIA.......AMY WINEHOUSE..........BRAWK OBAMA.........POLAR BEARS.......INTER-ACTIVE PLAY..........AH WELL.....xeyebrowx

Miss you Mr. Chicken. Come on out and play more often. xnodx

YoUDeeMan
June 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM

That's interesting...thought the same thing. xeyebrowx On the other hand, I don't remember seeing any advertising for the lunch...and I live in Newark. Must have missed it. Hard to get interest when nobody knows.

The Special Olympics are a wonderful event held each year at UD. Top notch in everything they do with that event and it really lifts your spirits to see those kids feeling good about themselves. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
June 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Lunch with Jay Wright would go for 5 times that...
Lunch with Andy Talley.. about the same maybe less...

Well, considering that tuition at nova is hitting $50k per year, I would file this under the same heading - overpriced. ;)

Problem is too, the winning bid for lunch would probably come from a much sought after recruit. Isn't that how nova got on probation with the NCAA the last time?? And does the lunch come with a free phone card, or at least the numbers to someone else's phone card? ;)

Rob Iola
June 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Pedestrian to you. Really expensive lunch to me!
Well yeah, but you'd think that some booster would shell out 1 or 2 large just for the photo op - but I agree w/Cluck, if it wasn't advertised then most folks would miss it.

And I'd certainly bid - Special Olympics is awesome - my younger brother participated in the power lifting competition as part of the games held Father's Day weekend - won 3 golds lifting some serious weight!