PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for a Speech Tomorrow

HighRyder08
June 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Not trying to be an APP fan that takes over the board or anything but i am doing a speech tomorrow in my class on why ASU is the best football team in the state of NC. I have some pretty good arguments right now and am wondering if anybody can help me think of some more stuff. Put down what ever you think of... I can use anything. Thanks in advance

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
1) Because we're not Western Carolina

Libertine
June 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
You have a speech tomorrow and you're trying to come up with your presentation NOW?

TwinTownBisonFan
June 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Because it's not like App hoops is getting a lot of attention?

they are the only ones winning national titles in football?

Combined the 5 FBS schools in NC over the last three years are basically a joke? with the exception of that flukey Wake thing a few years ago.

Jerbearasu
June 23rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Why are you starting to prepare this so early??

bandl
June 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Just wing it. It'll come to you on stage.

grizband
June 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Not trying to be an APP fan that takes over the board or anything but i am doing a speech tomorrow in my class on why ASU is the best football team in the state of NC. I have some pretty good arguments right now and am wondering if anybody can help me think of some more stuff. Put down what ever you think of... I can use anything. Thanks in advance
Walk in the room and tape a picture of Lloyd Carr to the board. Then, with a black marker, write 28<31 on the board, and sit down. This should provide all of the analysis to prove your argument... xlolx

texcap
June 23rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Walk in the room and tape a picture of Lloyd Carr to the board. Then, with a black marker, write 32<34 on the board, and sit down. This should provide all of the analysis to prove your argument... xlolx

I fixed it for you! xsmiley_wix

grizband
June 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Walk in the room and tape a picture of Lloyd Carr to the board. Then, with a black marker, write 28<31 on the board, and sit down. This should provide all of the analysis to prove your argument... xlolx

I fixed it for you! xsmiley_wix
Oops, thats what I get for not fact checking...xwhistlex

HighRyder08
June 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
haha well its summer school and Ive been "winging" it for the past 3 weeks and am trying to get an A on this final speech. let me know if you can think of anything good to say

phillyAPP
June 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
haha well its summer school and Ive been "winging" it for the past 3 weeks and am trying to get an A on this final speech. let me know if you can think of anything good to say

Its not to hard.

1- Coaches - Head coach, OC,DC,RC, STC
2- Chancellor- The best and supportive
3- AD - Again 100% behind whole team
4- Character of all the people involved.
5- Recruiting- they have it figured out pretty well
6- Discipline- Everyone is on the same page
7- Work Ethic
8- SPEED - It Kills
9- Conference -its as competitive as ever
10- Academics- undergrads Graduate for the most part

PTW16
June 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
You have a speech tomorrow and you're trying to come up with your presentation NOW?

In his defense, he's about 10 hours ahead of when I would be doing this when I was in school...

UCABEARS75
June 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
We win, they don't. Any questions?

CharlestonAppFan
June 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Its not to hard.

1- Coaches - Head coach, OC,DC,RC, STC
2- Chancellor- The best and supportive
3- AD - Again 100% behind whole team
4- Character of all the people involved.
5- Recruiting- they have it figured out pretty well
6- Discipline- Everyone is on the same page
7- Work Ethic
8- SPEED - It Kills
9- Conference -its as competitive as ever
10- Academics- undergrads Graduate for the most part

You forgot to mention our "heavenly" connection.....Mr. Graham's "aid" with the real head coach upstairs xthumbsupx ...Billy Riddle and his expoits....Corey Lynch and his presence.....You can go on and on with this one xnodx

phillyAPP
June 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
You forgot to mention our "heavenly" connection.....Mr. Graham's "aid" with the real head coach upstairs xthumbsupx ...Billy Riddle and his expoits....Corey Lynch and his presence.....You can go on and on with this one xnodx

You are right

I know around the country they may not understand, but if you are a believer,which I am, Coach Moore and the teams faith in what can happen if you believe is a cornerstone to the team.

(even if you are not Christian, Julian Rousch)

Rob Iola
June 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Because the Carolina Panthers are going thru another rebuilding period...

neersnbeers
June 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM

Hahahaha, man they piss me off!

grizband
June 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM

And Charlotte Independence finally lost a game. xrotatehx

appsfan
June 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Check the Charlotte Observer archives. They did an article a year or two ago which answered the question you are addressing. xreadx

MR. CHICKEN
June 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
LET'S JES' PLAGIARIZE DUH BOARD........ON DAT FATEFUL NIGHT IN 'NOOGAH...............WHEN YA'LL PLUCKED OURAH FEATHERAHS....ONE O' OURAH LADY FANS.......TURNED TA YER KIND.......AN' MENTIONED HER SKILL IN DUH CLASS-ROOM.............YER RESPONSE......DIS AIN'T NO SCIENCE BOWL......WELL........DO YER OWN WORK......xmadx......AWQ!

brownbear
June 23rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
I don't know if this helps, but I've always been a big fan of daisy chains:

In 2007:

Appalachian State defeated Western Carolina, Elon, Gardner-Webb, and Lenior-Rhyne

Appalachian State > Michigan > Florida > Florida State > Boston College > Wake Forest > NC State > North Carolina > Duke

Does that help?

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2008, 09:04 PM

Couldn't this be classified as cheating? You are looking over the shoulders of your fellow AGSers. Better hope the professor is not reading the board. xthumbsupx

HighRyder08
June 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
haha i highly doubt he is reading the message boards. he doesnt seem like the biggest college football fan in the world

gophoenix
June 24th, 2008, 04:25 AM
haha i highly doubt he is reading the message boards. he doesnt seem like the biggest college football fan in the world

No, but the perils of Internet Crawlers means that in 2 days time, he can search for some keywords in google and this thread will be in the results. Just gotta be careful

phillyAPP
June 24th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Couldn't this be classified as cheating? You are looking over the shoulders of your fellow AGSers. Better hope the professor is not reading the board. xthumbsupx

Its not cheating

Its research, and you can quote my words if you wish

Remember the "faith" ingredient

signed
Faithful PhillyAPP

ButlerGSU
June 24th, 2008, 08:33 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing - when was he going to practice it after it was completed?

JMU DUUUKES
June 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM
THREE REASONS:

1) NC State

Appalachian St beat
Michigan who beat
Florida who beat
Florida St who beat
North Carolina St

2) UNC

Appalachian St beat
Michigan who beat
Florida who beat
South Carolina who beat
North Carolina

3) Duke (do i even need a chain for this one?)

Appalachian St beat
Michigan who beat
Notre Dame who beat
Duke

and 4) LSU for fun

Appalachian St beat
Michigan who beat
Florida who beat
Kentucky who beat
LSU

AZGrizFan
June 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
So.......how did it go? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

HighRyder08
June 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
it went great! thanks for all of your help guys.... ill let you know what grade i get..haha

AZGrizFan
June 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
it went great! thanks for all of your help guys.... ill let you know what grade i get..haha

So, basically, you had to lie your ass off.... :D

JohnStOnge
June 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
It'd be better if you speech was about App State being the best team in North Carolina in 2007.

The 2008 team won't have Jackson or Lynch. Makes it a tougher argument.

But in 2007 App State was the only North Carolina football program that beat a team that finished in the AP and or the Coaches Poll FBS top 25.

Also, App State finished 2007 as the highest rated North Carolina football team by Sagarin. That in itself doesn't make the case, but it's part of it.

HighRyder08
June 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM
yeah my argument related to the past 3 years of us winning the championship and stuff.. didnt wake forest finish ahead of us in 2007 in the polls? they won there bowl game...

brownbear
June 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
yeah my argument related to the past 3 years of us winning the championship and stuff.. didnt wake forest finish ahead of us in 2007 in the polls? they won there bowl game...

Wake Forest was 29th, Appalachian State was 34th in the AP Poll, but that's considering it's an FBS poll where most voters probably would refuse to ever rank an FCS team.

UNC, NC State, and Duke are nowhere to be found in the polls.

smallcollegefbfan
June 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wake Forest was 29th, Appalachian State was 34th in the AP Poll, but that's considering it's an FBS poll where most voters probably would refuse to ever rank an FCS team.

UNC, NC State, and Duke are nowhere to be found in the polls.

Very true about many voters probably refusing to vote for a FCS team. It surprised me that UNI also received votes at some point because of that.