PDA

View Full Version : Anymore Patriot League squads want to play The Howard Bison?

R.A.
June 23rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
We're doing a home-home with Georgetown, which many fans are hoping will lead to an ongoing rivalry each season between the two football teams. Aside from the Hoyas, are there any other Patriot League teams interested in playing the Bison?

Lehigh, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette maybe??

Franks Tanks
June 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
We're doing a home-home with Georgetown, which many fans are hoping will lead to an ongoing rivalry each season between the two football teams. Aside from the Hoyas, are there any other Patriot League teams interested in playing the Bison?

Lehigh, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette maybe??

Zero interest xcoffeex

andy7171
June 23rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Hey RA I'd like to drop Morgan State and start playing Howard and Del State again. The Baltimore cross town "rivalry" is about as stale as it gets.

DFW HOYA
June 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Zero interest xcoffeex

Wow, that's rough. What, Lafayette wants an all-Ivy schedule?

Tribe4SF
June 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
I'd like to see W&M do a home-and-home with Howard, but with HU and NSU in our backyard, those games are more attractive for us. Howard and Towson would be a good series. Unlike most of the Patriot teams, some of us in the CAA seem interested in scheduling MEAC teams.

Franks Tanks
June 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Wow, that's rough. What, Lafayette wants an all-Ivy schedule?

No, but if we take away an Ivy I have no interest in replacing them with a MEAC school. I and other Lafayette fans want to see us play games against the CAA or even SoCon. We are playing Liberty this year which doesnt get me all that excited, but I prefer them to Howard as they are a better measure of how good the team is.

Of course playing Howard would be better then Marist, but I really want to see Richmond, W&M, Wofford, Furman, Maine, Nova or Hofstra (and the like) on our schedule once a year.

Ken_Z
June 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
i would like to see an all Bison match up with Howard. we have played Howard only once (in 1983). have played other MEAC teams, Morgan St and Delaware St, since then, but not in the last five or so years.

maybe Howard should join the PL, then you could play us all every year.

TheValleyRaider
June 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'd be intrigued

I enjoy an OOC schedule with a variety of opponents, especially year to year. One of the reasons I don't mind a 7 team Patriot League is that the 5 OOC games are enough to have an assortment of Ivies plus some interesting opponents from the CAA/NEC/Big South/Other xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
June 23rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Like TVR, I'd be intrigued as well. I would be a HUGE fan of seeing Howard's band play at Murray Goodman stadium.

R.A.
June 23rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'd like to see us play Bucknell and Colgate. The Bison versus Bison match up with Bucknell sounds fun and Colgate is top name in the Patriot League ranks.

R.A.
June 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
I've seen Lehigh's stadium on TV and on the Net, I like it and I wouldn't mind driving up there for a contest. I like what I've seen of Lafayette's stadium also and that scoreboard and new fieldhouse of theirs.

Fordham
June 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
C'mon up to NYC, R.A. I'd love to see a Fordham - Howard matchup or home/home series.

R.A.
June 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
C'mon up to NYC, R.A. I'd love to see a Fordham - Howard matchup or home/home series.

I tell yah, that would be a huge game. Howard has many alums up in NYC, and the students would love it. Imagine Howard's P.Diddy & Fordham's Denzel Washington both in attendance... If we come up there, the game might have to get moved off campus to the Meadowlands.

carney2
June 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
No, but if we take away an Ivy I have no interest in replacing them with a MEAC school. I and other Lafayette fans want to see us play games against the CAA or even SoCon. We are playing Liberty this year which doesnt get me all that excited, but I prefer them to Howard as they are a better measure of how good the team is.

Of course playing Howard would be better then Marist, but I really want to see Richmond, W&M, Wofford, Furman, Maine, Nova or Hofstra (and the like) on our schedule once a year.

To some extent I agree with FT, but:

I am certainly not in favor of the "all Ivy schedule" as someone called it. I like this year's schedule which has "only" three Ivys and one good OOC with playoff potential (Liberty). Howard would be a step up from what is becoming our annual preseason scrimmage with Marist.

Unlike FT, I would welcome a MEAC team on the schedule every now and again. Good programs should be testing all the waters. Like LFN, I would, for the first time in decades, stay in my seat for the halftime show.

I'm not sure just how excited any of the PL fans should be about another trip to DC, a place we can visit every other year as it is because of Georgetown.

hebmskebm
June 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM

I am certainly not in favor of the "all Ivy schedule" as someone called it. I like this year's schedule which has "only" three Ivys and one good OOC with playoff potential (Liberty). Howard would be a step up from what is becoming our annual preseason scrimmage with Marist.

Unlike FT, I would welcome a MEAC team on the schedule every now and again. Good programs should be testing all the waters. Like LFN, I would, for the first time in decades, stay in my seat for the halftime show.

I'm not sure just how excited any of the PL fans should be about another trip to DC, a place we can visit every other year as it is because of Georgetown.

speaking of marist, how did you guys end up having to play them on the road? i almost thought that was a typo when i first saw the schedule.

R.A.
June 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Ivy League Princeton enjoyed having MEAC Hampton in New Jersey last season. I think it was the Tigers' largest crowd of the season. Check out the pictures from that game...http://www.allprophoto.com/football/FB-HAMPTON-PRINCETON.html. It appears that those in attendance had fun on top of watching a great football contest.

ngineer
June 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'd like to see us play Bucknell and Colgate. The Bison versus Bison match up with Bucknell sounds fun and Colgate is top name in the Patriot League ranks.

That would be one game where you could say "Let the chips fall where they may."

I'd like to see a diversity of opposition, and the one thing the PL schedule allows is 5 OOCs, so I'd be all for it. Lining up the schedules, though, is easier said than done.

Franks Tanks
June 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM

Well I do agree a MEAC school would be more attractive than Marist, and Howard and Hampton would be perhaps the most attractive of the MEAC. But I still think we should focus on getting at least one CAA team per year.

I also have no idea why we agree to play at Marist. They have a nice new little stadium, but i am sure our AD could have swung a all home or 3-1 series with them. I think right now we are playing them home and home. We also played Sacred Heart at their place for some reason a few years ago without a return trip.

carney2
June 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
speaking of marist, how did you guys end up having to play them on the road? i almost thought that was a typo when i first saw the schedule.

You would think so, but this is the 2nd time. Also played in Poughkeepsie in 2005.

Bison4Life
June 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
So Towson is tired of playing Morgan?

andy7171
June 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
So Towson is tired of playing Morgan?

I for one am. They've beaten us twice since renewing the series in 1993. A win doesn't improve our SOS and a loss would be devastating. Going to these games is like cringing hoping this isn't the inevitable year we over look them and they play a full 4 quarters.

I'd love to avenge our 2 losses to Howard in 93 and 94! We only lost 4 games over those two year, half were to you! xmadx xpeacex

Go...gate
June 23rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'd be intrigued

I enjoy an OOC schedule with a variety of opponents, especially year to year. One of the reasons I don't mind a 7 team Patriot League is that the 5 OOC games are enough to have an assortment of Ivies plus some interesting opponents from the CAA/NEC/Big South/Other xnodx

Sounds like a fine home-and-home to me. Fair number of Maryland Colgate alumni can see the game at your place.

colorless raider
June 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Given the quality of your incoming transfers I don't know if any of us want to play such a talent laden team. Hopefully we can play you in the playoffs.

BBB
June 24th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Zero interest xcoffeex

Feeling's mutual..trust.

Seawolf97
June 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM

I second that for Stonybrook. Just have to travel east about 50 miles from the Bronx. Like to see alot of different teams in our non conference schedule-makes for good competition and balancexnodx