PDA

View Full Version : Wagner keeping Cats in Cullowhee(link)

catamount man
June 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880621004

No Summer vacation for my boys!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Monarch History
June 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
I really like Wagner's style. He is definitely changing "things as usual" for the Catamounts. I think you will begin to see it show up in more wins on the field these next few seasons.xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
June 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
That is awesome, it takes a complete change by someone who has a good sense of direction in order for a turn around to happen. Good luck!

WCU LawCat
June 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM
"CULLOWHEE – Pampering players doesn’t seem to be part of Dennis Wagner’s plan for reviving Western Carolina’s football program.

If the 6 a.m. start time for spring workouts didn’t make that clear, the removal of a television set in the coach’s lobby probably got the word out. But the first-year coach is just getting started."

I love it. LOVE IT!

The Cats
June 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM
I certainly this will be a break out year for the Cats. Not sure on the number of wins, but I do think we finally leave the conference cellar.

T-Dog
June 22nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
I certainly this will be a break out year for the Cats. Not sure on the number of wins, but I do think we finally leave the conference cellar.

Good thing for Samford coming in this year to fill that spot. :D xsmiley_wix

In all honesty, I think you'll finish above UTC at least. After that, it all comes down to how much the kids buy into what Wagner is teaching. xrulesx

catamount man
June 22nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Good thing for Samford coming in this year to fill that spot. :D xsmiley_wix

In all honesty, I think you'll finish above UTC at least. After that, it all comes down to how much the kids buy into what Wagner is teaching. xrulesx

Our kids have went 3-19 the last 2 years. Somehow, I don't think it will take too much arm bending to get to them considering the record the last 2 years.

xthumbsupx

SuperJon
June 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
I said this on the PC board when they were talking about Western and I'll say it here. Western this year reminds me a lot of Liberty when Rocco was first hired. They will be significantly better. They'll likely lose some close games this year until the team learns how to win the close game. Their record won't show how big of a turnaround they really had. It's year 2 and 3 that you start seeing the wins come along.

terrierbob
June 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Wow. Glad you got Wagner!xthumbsupx
And the student/players will benefit even more in the long run by the extra classwork.

gobluehose1
June 22nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
even though I am a PC alum, my grandparents always had season tickets to WCU (they lived nearby) and I have fond memories of watching Brad Hoover when he played there when I was younger....Glad to see that Wagner is turning things around

that being said, I hope you win all your games this year....except against us in Clinton...thats going to be a special day being Bob Waters day and all

KiddBrewer
June 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
WCU is going to be just fine with this guy in charge I believe.

catamount man
June 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
even though I am a PC alum, my grandparents always had season tickets to WCU (they lived nearby) and I have fond memories of watching Brad Hoover when he played there when I was younger....Glad to see that Wagner is turning things around

that being said, I hope you win all your games this year....except against us in Clinton...thats going to be a special day being Bob Waters day and all

A lot of emotions from both schools will be felt that day to be sure.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The Cats
June 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM

Any idea of the activities planned for Bob Waters day? The fact that Coach Waters is being honored should really help increase the WCU fan attendence at that game. xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 22nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
In recent years WCU has not been the most disciplined team, so this guy will at least mean somewhat of an improvement IMO. The SoCon is definitly at least a few notches more competitive with him here.

gobluehose1
June 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Any idea of the activities planned for Bob Waters day? The fact that Coach Waters is being honored should really help increase the WCU fan attendence at that game. xthumbsupx

I couldn't say, but I am guessing there will be some sort of halftime program in his honor/memory