PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on our #2 QB- Robbie Davis

terrierbob
June 20th, 2008, 08:08 AM
We're lucky we have this kid. (Looks like he tried out for the Panthers before Navy).

Full Speed Ahead At Wofford

“I was a 17-year-old kid faced with the biggest decision of my life,” said Robbie Davis, Wofford College's #2 QB.said.All I could think about was playing for a service academy, playing in front of 50,000 people each week, and going to bowl games,” he said.“And it was an awesome experience, I have to admit that. But it wasn’t what was right for me.

“I think everything happens for a reason, and I took the path I was supposed to take.”

Davis came out of spring practice at Wofford as the No. 2 quarterback for the Terriers behind senior Ben Widemyer.“I want to be the guy, that’s what I’m working for,” said Davis. “If it doesn't happen this year, I know I want to be on the field a lot.”
And he should.

Wofford runs a spread offense and both the No. 1 and No. 2 quarterbacks see a lot of playing time.“That’s the kind of offense I like best -- lining up in the shot-gun and spreading the field,” he said. “That’s what we went to my senior season at Starr’s Mill and I loved it.”

But, Davis says, he’s anxious to see how he responds in a game situation after sitting out last year at Navy.“It’s going to be fun to see if I can jump back into it,” he said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in a real game situation.”

He’s also excited about the schedule Wofford plays. As part of the Southern Conference, the Terriers will face teams like Furman, Georgia Southern, The Citadel and Elon. But they’ll also three-time defending national champion Appalachian State. The Terriers beat Appy State 42-31 last year after Appy upset Michigan. Wofford also faces South Carolina this year -- the week after the Gamecocks face Georgia.

“I like the fact that I’ll be closer to home,” said Davis, who has been busy this summer -- even working at summer youth football camps at Starr’s Mill.“I reported to Navy on June 27, and didn’t get to come home until Thanksgiving. It means a lot to me to be able to spend time with my family, and have games close enough so they can come watch.”

Davis -- who has been working with Starr’s Mill track Coach Chad Walker this summer-- currently has three years of eligibility left because Navy doesn’t red-shirt.

http://www.fayettedailynews.com/display.php?id_newscat=2

Looks like he tried out for the Panthers before Navy
http://www.fayettedailynews.com/admin/image.php?id_news=1592

93henfan
June 20th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Nice article. Good luck to Mr. Davis.

And they were able to refer to App St as "Appy" twice!xlolx