PDA

View Full Version : Former Clemson QB Tribble Reese transfers to Charleston Southern

BJuice
June 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I know this was mentioned on another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own.

A Tiger Becomes a Buccaneer
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/jun/17/former_clemson_qb_tribble_reese_transfers_charlest/

Outstanding addition to Charleston Southern. This might just change the predictions on the Big South predictions thread.

I can't wait to see him throw the rock. He will have a great opportunity to shine and show off his arm.

Cocky
June 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
He should be a good pick up. I thought coming out of HS he would do better in a FCS program.

CSUBUCDAD
June 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Outstanding pickup for the Bucs. Should be an interesting battle between him and the other JUCO transfer QB that came in this year.

csuBUC06
June 18th, 2008, 11:49 AM
That should help.

89Hen
June 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
He has a career 62% completion rate and a passer rating of 203.8! xeekx Of course he's only thrown 8 passes. xsmiley_wix

SoccerSmells
June 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Now if a guy attempted only 11 passes during his entire career at Clemson, and hasn't been injured, how in the heck is he going to make that much of a difference at any FCS school?

Remember the Troth kid at Liberty a few years back. He wasn't even the best QB on LU's roster. Great arm, but bad decisions.

There's always a reason most of these kids don't play. If it's discipline, then sometimes they impact in a big time way. If its lack of talent, then they're not going to be a major upgrade.

I'd think the JUCO kid at Chuck South is still the guy to beat out for the nod.

CSUBUCDAD
June 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM
If you had any clue who has been the QB at Clemson the last 3 years you would know why he has no playing time. But I do agree that it will be a hell of a competition for the starting job between him and Toscano. Either way CSU will have a hell of good passing attack this year.

catdaddy2402
June 18th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Now if a guy attempted only 11 passes during his entire career at Clemson, and hasn't been injured, how in the heck is he going to make that much of a difference at any FCS school?
Well, first two years he was a backup to Charlie Whitehurst, who's currently on the San Diego Chargers roster.

He was in the mix the past two seasons but got beat his RS Soph year by a RS Sr, and last year by classmate Cullen Harper....who was only the 2nd best QB in the ACC last year behind first round pick Matt Ryan.

He wasn't going to beat Harper out this year, and the staff felt the program was better served by giving the second team snaps to RSFR, former 4 star #8 rated QB prospect Willy Korn than to a RS SR.

Reese is a smart kid, has a pretty good arm, and can do a little damage with his feet. He's no Armanti Edwards running the ball, but he's more than capable of moving the chains on the ground if the need arises.