PDA

View Full Version : Super Lulay at it again

catbob
October 13th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Courtesy of Jens Jensen.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/galleries/051008_fb_weber_jensen2/12.jpg

HensRock
October 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM
We knew he could fly! But now he can disappear???

This guy is amazing!
:D

catbob
October 13th, 2005, 09:31 AM
There was another play like this when he took off from about the 15 or so and tried to get to the endzone, was stopped about the 4 or so. He jumped, was flipped and landed straight on his head, fumbling the ball. But he was ruled down by contact. Looked very painful.

Catsrback76
October 13th, 2005, 09:43 AM
He really wanted that first down! It was amazing to watch him take the game over and win it with his feet and heart. Nice :nod:

JALMOND
October 13th, 2005, 12:23 PM
And we gotta stop this guy???!!! Well, no one said it was going to be easy.

AZGrizFan
October 13th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Dude keeps this up, and he won't make it to the Griz/Cat game...

DuckDuckGriz
October 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I can see it now, Griz fans watching the Cat games and yelling at the TV "JUMP!!!....JUMP!!!"

-- In all seriousness folks I would never wish an injury on anyone. But if Travis went down (highly doubtful) lets just say I wouldn't be suicidal....--

grizband
October 13th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Gotta give it to this guy, he has definately played a major role in reversing the fortunes of an entire program. All other discussion aside, you can't argue that he is an exciting player to watch. I saw most of the MSU-WSU game last weekend, and I just got the feelign something was about to happen when Lulay made that big run for a TD.

kmax
October 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Don't count on it. He's been doing the same stuff since becoming the starter 3 seasons ago and to the best of my knowledge he has missed one series due to injury. That was last year against PSU when he got knocked silly right before half time them came out and led another comeback for the win. I don't know how he does it, hell half the time I hurt when I watch the things that he does. All I can say is I sure am happy to have him on our side and he is going to be missed next year.

Bronco
October 13th, 2005, 04:32 PM
If he's going to run so much they should put in some option plays.
He's a tough kid but a better runner than passer this year.

So far he's 8 TD passes thrown and 7 Int's. Not great stats.
Plus multiple fumbles

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/12.gif

CatFan22
October 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
If he's going to run so much they should put in some option plays.
He's a tough kid but a better runner than passer this year.

So far he's 8 TD passes thrown and 7 Int's. Not great stats.
Plus multiple fumbles

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/12.gif

I could not agree more. We never run the option. I wish we would at least five times a game. MORE OPTION!

catbob
October 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM
All but one fumble were botched snap exchanges.

At least 3 of his INTs this year have been tipped.

Why am I always defending Lulay against Bronco. I shouldn't waste my breath on him anymore.

AZGrizFan
October 13th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Don't count on it. He's been doing the same stuff since becoming the starter 3 seasons ago and to the best of my knowledge he has missed one series due to injury. That was last year against PSU when he got knocked silly right before half time them came out and led another comeback for the win. I don't know how he does it, hell half the time I hurt when I watch the things that he does. All I can say is I sure am happy to have him on our side and he is going to be missed next year.

So, in other words, he's due for an injury ;) ;) :D :D

Don't get me wrong--I WANT him to make it to the game. I don't want Cat fans having any excuses...

Bronco
October 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
All but one fumble were botched snap exchanges.

Why am I always defending Lulay against Bronco. I shouldn't waste my breath on him anymore.

You must have another user name cuz I've not seen a catbob on other boards.
I will always post when I see Lulay is the best of all time etc,,,because in my opinion he's just OK.
He's the best the cats have had since 1984 so you got that going for you.
I respect him as a student and a very good athlete,,,I just have trouble seeing him in the same light as cat fans do. Win the conference and win ONE playoff game in his career and I'll give him praise in December...until then wait and see.

CatFan22
October 13th, 2005, 05:45 PM
So, in other words, he's due for an injury ;) ;) :D :D

Don't get me wrong--I WANT him to make it to the game. I don't want Cat fans having any excuses...

I Lex due for an injury yet?

DuckDuckGriz
October 13th, 2005, 05:55 PM

You didn't hear about the staph infection in the playoffs last year? ;)

CatFan22
October 13th, 2005, 05:59 PM
You didn't hear about the staph infection in the playoffs last year? ;)

That's an illness not an injury. :)

catbob
October 13th, 2005, 07:09 PM
You must have another user name cuz I've not seen a catbob on other boards.
I will always post when I see Lulay is the best of all time etc,,,because in my opinion he's just OK.
He's the best the cats have had since 1984 so you got that going for you.
I respect him as a student and a very good athlete,,,I just have trouble seeing him in the same light as cat fans do. Win the conference and win ONE playoff game in his career and I'll give him praise in December...until then wait and see.

You've gone past the point of saying he isn't the best, and just dogging him every chance you get now. This thread didn't make any claims about him being the best, the title was named thusly because of how many pictures have been on this site showing Lulay flying through the air.

Not one claim on this thread was stating he is the best. Let it go - but you have a track record of being inable to do that.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM
DIS EXCHANGE IS UH LOT LIKE....UMA$$FAN..vs....CHICKENMAN!...xsmoochx.... .......BRAWK!

AZGrizFan
October 13th, 2005, 11:24 PM

I don't know...does Lulay carry the ball 30 times a game? Lex is BUILT to take hits... Lulay keeps sacrificing his body like that and he'll be watching the second half of the season from the sidelines. Ask JW...it can happen very easily. That's not smack--that's the truth.

catbob
October 13th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I don't want Lulay running more than 10 times, and that is pushing it. Every time he runs I cringe a little inside. One of these days he's going to get plowed and not get up. :(

catbob
October 14th, 2005, 12:23 AM
It happened last season when PSU knocked him out just before half. He came back to lead another 4th quarter win in overtime, all the while have a minor concussion. :)

eaglesrthe1
October 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM

A tipped pass indicates an overthrown ball, IOW a quarterback mistake.

catbob
October 14th, 2005, 10:09 AM
A tipped pass indicates an overthrown ball, IOW a quarterback mistake.

One was blatantly dropped by the WR and it bounced off his hands into the defender. I was so angry! The other batted at the line and the third one was too high, yes.

elkmcc
October 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM
When has that EVER happened?? AZ and Bronco, this is not a Cat/Griz opinion. This is a I-AA opinion. Lulay is a great I-AA QB right now. Cut the crap and give the kid his props if you are able.

Ralph: I don't know if you have been able to watch the bobcats games this year but IMHO Lulay is hanging himself out to dry. For as important as he is to this MSU team he is taking much to much risk with what he is doing on the field. I commend the kid for his toughness but when you are the star qb, the leading rusher as well as the punter you should be playing with just a little bit of regard for your health. I am surprised that Kramer has continued to allow Lulay to lulay it all on the line. I really don't want to see the TL's carreer come to an early end. He is fun to watch and I want him healthy when the Griz meet him in Bozo this November.

AZGrizFan
October 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Ralph: I don't know if you have been able to watch the bobcats games this year but IMHO Lulay is hanging himself out to dry. For as important as he is to this MSU team he is taking much to much risk with what he is doing on the field. I commend the kid for his toughness but when you are the star qb, the leading rusher as well as the punter you should be playing with just a little bit of regard for your health. I am surprised that Kramer has continued to allow Lulay to lulay it all on the line. I really don't want to see the TL's carreer come to an early end. He is fun to watch and I want him healthy when the Griz meet him in Bozo this November.

And that, Ralph, was my ONLY point. You need to go back and read my post. I've NEVER said he wasn't a good quarterback...in fact, if you could go back and find it, I said several weeks ago I'd LOVE to have him in a Griz uniform. My only point has been exactly what elkmcc said: he's MUCH too important to the Cat's offense--hell, their entire SEASON, to keep sacrificing his body for an extra yard or two. But don't worry--when it DOES happen, I won't stand up and say "I told you so". The only thing I said somewhat "smack-like" was that I didn't want him to get injured because I don't want the Cats to have any excuses come November. If that's wrong, then tie me up and slap me silly... :) :)

Bronco
October 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM
When has that EVER happened?? AZ and Bronco, this is not a Cat/Griz opinion. This is a I-AA opinion. Lulay is a great I-AA QB right now. Cut the crap and give the kid his props if you are able.

I believe I did give the cat QB some props. Said I respect him as a student his running ability and his toughness. I just don't consider him one of the best of all time like the cat fans do.

Win the conference... win one playoff game in his career and I'll call my cat friends to find out how put up a Lulay shrine complete with candles.

CatBob what's your other message board handle?

catbob
October 14th, 2005, 12:56 PM
CatzWillRise on egriz and CelticCat on bobcatnation.

GrizFoo
October 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Lulay is doing what he can to win games, regardless of injury consequences. That is how you are supposed to play. However, each time he does run and put himself out in harms way, and go for the extra yards instead of sliding, he is risking injury. One hit, one bad twist, etc. is all it takes, regardless of how durable you are.
I think it is too late for him to change, it is second nature at this point. If I were a cat fan I would prefer him to avoid pressure and stay behind the line more, and find an open WR. MSU's WR can get open, Lulay would be wise to find them and throw the ball as much as possible, instead of taking off as much.
But like I said, it is probably too late to change those reflexes/instincts or whatever.
I'd rather have a QB be a playmaker thru the air, than on the ground, but that isn't taking anything away from TL, he is good.

JALMOND
October 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
His stats might not show it, but if I needed a scoring drive late and I could take any QB in the Big Sky right now, I'd take Lulay no question. Similar to Elway and Farve early in their careers, their stats were not that great, but their ability to pull wins from certain losses is what added to their mystique.

I am not trying to say I think Lulay will be an NFL QB (let alone a great NFL QB), but I have to admire the way he can "will" the Cats to a victory when you think that there is no way this time.

GOKATS
October 14th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Lulay is a strong QB who very seldom puts himself in a position to get injured. When he runs he sees an open lane, he knows he's going to get hit eventually, but protects the ball and himself. He's extremely athletic and takes advantage of the situation. His biggest risk of injury would be a breakdown in pass coverage with a blind side coverage sack. He's an extreme leader and wants the rest of the team to fire up and make the same effort he does.

Truly a Payton candidate!

GrizRick
October 14th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I just find it odd how often this topic pops up. And it's usually a thread started by a Bobcat fan telling everyone how good Lulay is. If he's great, he'll prove it on the field. The Cat fans continually tooting his horn hurt him more than help him. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

Grizo406
October 14th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I think Lulay has pretty much proved it on the field, time and time again. The kid refuses to lose, and I'll be glad when he's gone!

catbob
October 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I just find it odd how often this topic pops up. And it's usually a thread started by a Bobcat fan telling everyone how good Lulay is. If he's great, he'll prove it on the field. The Cat fans continually tooting his horn hurt him more than help him. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

The thread was started about a cool picture. Man you guys are getting touchy lately.