PDA

View Full Version : Mich St backup QB Dixon transferring to Duquesne

FCS Go!
June 13th, 2008, 08:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/06/13/dixon.transfer.ap/index.html

Apologies if old news.

Syntax Error
June 13th, 2008, 09:59 PM
uh oh NEC

DetroitFlyer
June 14th, 2008, 08:04 AM
uh oh NEC

Bring em on baby! Dayton plays at Duquesne this fall....

FCS Go!
June 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Where are all the Duqs (Dukes?)? I thought you guys would be talking this up ... At least some Albany guys should be interested in this...;)

redflash2
June 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Can't wait to see what duquesne does under the lights for their first home game at the new and improved rooney field against saint francis. The flash always play them tough.

Seawolf97
June 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
This could make a difference in the NEC especially if he has 1 or 2 good receivers.

Syntax Error
June 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Bring em on baby! Dayton plays at Duquesne this fall....NEC brings in the all-time MAAC champ, transfer QB, toughened by playing the best (relatively) FCS team.... time for an NEC adjustment. Duqs mean bizness.

Dane96
June 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I stated from Day 1 of the announcement: Duquense is going to be formidable VERY QUICKLY.

The league is going to be completely different once Bryant is aboard because I beleive they mean biz as well.

My hope is the 40 ride vote goes through...and in about a year or two they opt for another 10...slowly getting the counter number.

redflash2
June 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I stated from Day 1 of the announcement: Duquense is going to be formidable VERY QUICKLY.

The league is going to be completely different once Bryant is aboard because I beleive they mean biz as well.

My hope is the 40 ride vote goes through...and in about a year or two they opt for another 10...slowly getting the counter number.

yea I hope so too, and Bryant will definetly be competitive.

Syntax Error
June 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hope? Duquesne? They are fact. Give them schollies now and watch out.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/duqu/graphics/duqu-06-masthd-l.jpg

THEY BEAT Frostburg State LAST YEAR!

Syntax Error
June 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM
oh yeah, #104 in the 2007 GPI, hate to be a downer.....

DFW HOYA
June 15th, 2008, 01:27 PM

The day the NEC clears 57 counters and games like Duquesne-Temple and Albany-Rutgers start appearing on schedules, the PL folks on this board will never hear the end of it.

Syntax Error
June 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Carolyn knows that day is coming. She also knows PL>NEC

DFW HOYA
June 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
She also knows PL>NEC

Yeah, but will the recruits know?

Dane96
June 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Thanks Syntax. Your football knowledge is just what us NEC fans, as a collective, have needed.

xcoffeex

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM

SE, do keep in mind that Duquesne beat Robert Morris and St. Francis *for the past three years* and they beat Sacred Heart *for the past two years*. This ain't just a Frostburg State-beating team we have here.

Having said that, saying they're going to challenge Albany, CCSU and Monmouth is a different matter entirely.

Dane96
June 16th, 2008, 09:56 AM
All I know is that aside from some issues there in the past (funding wise) I was UBER excited when the Dukes joined the league. More recruiting for the league in the football rich W. PA area...and a team that has perennially been tough without any sort of "organized" scholarship (grants, etc.) program.

The fact they are dumping $$$ into rides is a GOOD sign.

They will be tough...I think they will be very good in two seasons.

Ruler
June 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM
A down Monmouth team handed them their a$$ pretty good last year. They will be tough but they have a sizable gap to close as well as Bryant.

PL= to top of NEC football wise.

downbythebeach
June 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I think that Frostburg game was to replace LaSalle.