PDA

View Full Version : All 12 Griz games televised

NZNCRZY
June 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
MISSOULA - All 12 University of Montana 2008 regular-season football games will be televised.

The Grizzlies open their season at nationally-ranked Cal Poly on Sept. 6. UM's four non-conference games - which include Cal Poly, Southern Utah, UC-Davis and Central Washington - will be shown live on the CW-TV Network, a sister station of KPAX-TV and Montana's News Stations.

This will be the 13th year in a row KPAX will serve as UM's flagship television station, and it also will broadcast all eight of the Grizzlies' Big Sky Conference contests.

"I believe that the University of Montana will have the only football team playing in the Football Championship Subdivision to have all of its games televised this fall," UM athletic director Jim O'Day said.

"That in itself says a lot about our program and the tremendous fan support we have at UM," O'Day added. "Even when people can't make it to the stadium, most are watching the game somewhere across the country."

SideLine Shooter
June 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
MISSOULA - All 12 University of Montana 2008 regular-season football games will be televised.

The Grizzlies open their season at nationally-ranked Cal Poly on Sept. 6. UM's four non-conference games - which include Cal Poly, Southern Utah, UC-Davis and Central Washington - will be shown live on the CW-TV Network, a sister station of KPAX-TV and Montana's News Stations.

This will be the 13th year in a row KPAX will serve as UM's flagship television station, and it also will broadcast all eight of the Grizzlies' Big Sky Conference contests.

"I believe that the University of Montana will have the only football team playing in the Football Championship Subdivision to have all of its games televised this fall," UM athletic director Jim O'Day said.

"That in itself says a lot about our program and the tremendous fan support we have at UM," O'Day added. "Even when people can't make it to the stadium, most are watching the game somewhere across the country."

What channel is that on my Charter Cable?xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

cats2506
June 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM

Im sure that all the MSU games execpt the FBS games will be televised. Oh wait, thats right the griz dont play fbs teams do they.

LeopardFan04
June 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Good news Griz fans...as for having all of the games scheduled, they're certainly the not the only ones...all of Lafayette's games have been televised for at least the last few years...

grizband
June 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Im sure that all the MSU games execpt the FBS games will be televised. Oh wait, thats right the griz dont play fbs teams do they.
Don't need too... xwhistlex

Montanan
June 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Good news Griz fans...as for having all of the games scheduled, they're certainly the not the only ones...all of Lafayette's games have been televised for at least the last few years...

awesome! great going Lafayette! xnodx

SeattleGriz
June 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM

Not to brag, but I have been able to catch any Montana game since I left Missoula back in 1995. There was always a bar that would pick up a satellite broadcast.

stevdock
June 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
I am very impressed by any FCS team that can get that many games on TV and to be honest really jealous of you also. When we played SDSU, we couldn't even get the rivalry game on TV. Unfortunately I couldn't make the drive down to Brookings, but would have been able to watch the game on TV. In fact the 3 of the 4 games we had on TV this year were home games. Most fans of any team couldn't care less about the home games being on TV, it's the road games that we really would like put on TV.

But anyways, congrats to UM for having all those games on TV.

bisonguy
June 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
I am very impressed by any FCS team that can get that many games on TV and to be honest really jealous of you also. When we played SDSU, we couldn't even get the rivalry game on TV. Unfortunately I couldn't make the drive down to Brookings, but would have been able to watch the game on TV. In fact the 3 of the 4 games we had on TV this year were home games. Most fans of any team couldn't care less about the home games being on TV, it's the road games that we really would like put on TV.

But anyways, congrats to UM for having all those games on TV.

That was due to SDSU waffling over the TV rights.

Congrats to the Griz with great media exposure. NDSU hired Jeremy Jorgenson (believe he used to do the Griz play by play on KPAX) for in-house media relations, and NDSU is making leaps and bounds over their previous media exposure.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM

I'm not sure why you care either way. Living down there in Fergus County you aren't gonna be able to pick up with the rabbit ears anyway, no matter how much aluminum foil you throw on there Cleetus.

Appstate29
June 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
good news for the griz!! is there a viewing party for the brawl of the wild anywhere near North Carolina??? I would really like to catch it this year

ursus arctos horribilis
June 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
good news for the griz!! is there a viewing party for the brawl of the wild anywhere near North Carolina??? I would really like to catch it this year

I will check the Alumni site for the viewing party in NC. I am sure there is one somewhere close but that's a relative distance to you and I. There are over 150 "Official" viewing parties throughout the U.S. and I am sure someone will post the Satellite Coordinates before the game. There are a lot of other unofficial viewing parties at bars around the U.S. so we should be able to hook you up with something close.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
here's one in NC that I found right away.

NORTH CAROLINA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raleigh/Durham
Woody’s Sports Pub
8322 Chapel Hill Rd - Cary NC
919-380-7737
Duncan Riley ’85
(919) 572-0024
[email protected]

here's the link with the full map at the bottom of the page:

http://www.umontanaalumni.org/index.asp/fuseaction/CMS.main/c/BB8EE3B0-89BD-4F09-BFA4-FDB30221BA46

APPALACHIANstate
June 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
So, all 100 people who live in Montana that don't attend Griz games can watch.

uofmman1122
June 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
So, all 100 people who live in Montana that don't attend Griz games can watch.And we like to keep it that way. xlolxxwhistlex

cats2506
June 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure why you care either way. Living down there in Fergus County you aren't gonna be able to pick up with the rabbit ears anyway, no matter how much aluminum foil you throw on there Cleetus.

Cleetus? Not sure what you mean by that!

But yes we do get satellite reception, even in Fergus Co.

The Moody1
June 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
They fail to mention that the games will be sandwiched between re-runs of Wayne's World.

DuckDuckGriz
June 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
So, all 100 people who live in Montana that don't attend Griz games can watch.

And don't forget 100 more around the country like me

Kabooom
June 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
They fail to mention that the games will be sandwiched between re-runs of Wayne's World.
A lot of hard work goes into getting these games on at our local level...

App fans, I hope you guys give your best shot to LSU, and represent the So. Conf. and the rest of the FCS in positive light , just like you did against Michigan.....

Again.....Mooody supporting the very fact that HIS ego train is Elite and far Superior..to the rest of our FCS Division. SIC....Mooooody,do us all a favor , and jump into your Elite Messerschmit Jet and go as sky high as your ego can take you, take a big hit o ozone,then kindly point your flag-waving craft at the ground and give it full throttle....Again, you are far Superior...Sieg xbowx Heil!

Any FCS program that can get their teams on the tube whether it be local, regional, or nationally televised have a special ....thang going on....Props to Appy,and THE HENS and what their success has done for increased media exposure to the FCS!

89Hen
June 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Sheesh, lots of haters. Congrats Griz on being able to get all your games on the TV no matter where they are. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
June 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I am not hating but KPAX finally realized that showing non-conference games, whether they be home or away, at 10:00pm didn't really work out very well. And showing them that late there was a lot of lost revenue in Montana in the restaurants, bars, and home parties because nobody was out spending money and watching the game.

This year it will be different. Good job KPAX!

elcid96
June 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Congrats Griz.

Tailbone
June 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I am not hating but KPAX finally realized that showing non-conference games, whether they be home or away, at 10:00pm didn't really work out very well. And showing them that late there was a lot of lost revenue in Montana in the restaurants, bars, and home parties because nobody was out spending money and watching the game.

This year it will be different. Good job KPAX!

C'mon 'holic, cut KPAX some slack. As a CBS affiliate, KPAX was only able to pre-empt a limited number of CBS programs, they chose to pre-empt in favor of conference games and delayed the broadcast of OOC games. They at least deserve credit for having aired the OOC games (delayed or not) so that those who couldn't otherwise see the games would have the opportunity at a later time.

This year, due to the Warner-CBS joint venture "the WC channel", KPAX can broadcast the OOC games without the constraints inherent in their agreement with CBS.

In any event, the delays actually helped the bars as they were the only places you see the games as they were being played (via satellite).

CrazyCat
June 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
C'mon 'holic, cut KPAX some slack. As a CBS affiliate, KPAX was only able to pre-empt a limited number of CBS programs, they chose to pre-empt in favor of conference games and delayed the broadcast of OOC games. They at least deserve credit for having aired the OOC games (delayed or not) so that those who couldn't otherwise see the games would have the opportunity at a later time.

This year, due to the Warner-CBS joint venture "the WC channel", KPAX can broadcast the OOC games without the constraints inherent in their agreement with CBS.

In any event, the delays actually helped the bars as they were the only places you see the games as they were being played (via satellite).

No smack here, but why were the Bobcat (OOC) games televised live ?
Is it an ABC vs. CBS thing or a contract difference?

Grizzaholic
June 4th, 2008, 10:53 PM
No smack here, but why were the Bobcat (OOC) games televised live ?
Is it an ABC vs. CBS thing or a contract difference?

I believe it was a contract difference.

patssle
June 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
All SHSU home games are delayed-televised on the local student station. They arn't live, but usually replayed the week afterwards...and played several times during the week.

Grizzaholic
June 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM
All SHSU home games are delayed-televised on the local student station. They arn't live, but usually replayed the week afterwards...and played several times during the week.

I don't know about this year, but in years past KPAX has replayed the day's game late the night of the game. Sometimes it is good to watch it again from a different perspective. You notice things sometimes. Well most of the time.

AshevilleApp2
June 5th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Great job Grizz (and Lafayette). That kind of exposure benefits all of our programs.

Ronbo
June 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
What is awesome for this CBS coverage is that it's Statewide. The entire CBS affiliate network in Montana picks up the game. This has helped build and maintain fans thoughout the State and also kids grow up watching the games and wanting to someday play for UM.

GradBison
June 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
That's awesome for the Griz! Especially the away games. Well done.

catbob
June 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM
A couple comments here:

First, we are lucky in Montana to be the two big shows. This headline doesn't even come as a surprise to me. UM and MSU rank supreme in this state and I'm glad any fan of either team can catch nearly all (or all this year for the Griz) of the games.

Secondly, this is a question to FCS fans in general, but this thread made me think. The Griz are proud that they can play all their games in our division or lower. That is great from a financial standpoint and any FCS team would love to be in that position. However, would you rather play a DII team every year or have a chance to pull an upset, ala App State, MSU, etc.

While I don't like the fact that we HAVE to play FBS teams just to keep afloat, I do love watching or traveling to the games. The trip down to Boulder was one of the funnest road trips I've had, and winning made it even better.

AZGrizFan
June 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
A couple comments here:

First, we are lucky in Montana to be the two big shows. This headline doesn't even come as a surprise to me. UM and MSU rank supreme in this state and I'm glad any fan of either team can catch nearly all (or all this year for the Griz) of the games.

Secondly, this is a question to FCS fans in general, but this thread made me think. The Griz are proud that they can play all their games in our division or lower. That is great from a financial standpoint and any FCS team would love to be in that position. However, would you rather play a DII team every year or have a chance to pull an upset, ala App State, MSU, etc.

While I don't like the fact that we HAVE to play FBS teams just to keep afloat, I do love watching or traveling to the games. The trip down to Boulder was one of the funnest road trips I've had, and winning made it even better.

I'd much rather have the upset shot than to have a D-II team to roll over. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Grizzaholic
June 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'd much rather have the upset shot than to have a D-II team to roll over. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Our D-II game this year is with a team that has knocked off a few FCS taems in recent years.

AZGrizFan
June 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Our D-II game this year is with a team that has knocked off a few FCS taems in recent years.

Yeah. Unfortunately, THIS is not the year to have an FCS on our schedule. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx We probably got it right this year....xeyebrowx

Grizzaholic
June 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Right. They really think they can come in and knock us off. I have been reading up on their site and a few of their fans have visions of EWU happening to us.