PDA

View Full Version : APP VS. LSU TV TIME

DLS
June 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
this will obviously be reposted a million times but i just saw that the app lsu game will be playing on espn at 4pm on aug 30th.

gonna be hot.

The Moody1
June 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
this will obviously be reposted a million times but i just saw that the app lsu game will be playing on espn at 4pm on aug 30th.

gonna be hot.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1477476&DB_OEM_ID=5200

AZGrizFan
June 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM

gonna be hot.

You sure it's not gonna be "Hot Hot Hot!"????? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM

gonna be hot.
In Baton Rouge, in August it'll be just as hot at 7 P.M. LSU fans will be complining about this time. xlolx

andy7171
June 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
You sure it's not gonna be "Hot Hot Hot!"????? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xoutofrepx

Contrary to what all the Appy fans say, THAT never gets old!

AppStFan76
June 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
In Baton Rouge, in August it'll be just as hot at 7 P.M. LSU fans will be complining about this time. xlolx

Thats what I've been saying. It's the humidity that we have to worry about the temp will be the same from about 12:30-1:00 until about 10:00 PM.

We will have to play alot deeper rotation than we did at Michigan!

KiddBrewer
June 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
so if its 4pm in BR, that would make it 5pm in Boone, right?

hope so, a little more time to drink it up............

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
so if its 4pm in BR, that would make it 5pm in Boone, right?

hope so, a little more time to drink it up............
That is correct.

AshevilleApp2
xoutofrepx

Contrary to what all the Appy fans say, THAT never gets old!

That was old before it was ever released.

DLS
the sun might not effect the actual temp so much but it will sure make a difference on what it "feels" like

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
the sun might not effect the actual temp so much but it will sure make a difference on what it "feels" like
Coming from someone who lived in Baton Rouge for 25 years, sun or no sun it will feel the same, if not muggier at night. The best conditioned team will win this game. I remember when Oregon State came to Baton Rouge, they wore those black unis they were spent by half time. The worse thing that could happen is if it rains, the humidity will really build up.

DLS
June 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
always cooler in the shade. science.

SirApp
June 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Coming from someone who lived in Baton Rouge for 25 years, sun or no sun it will feel the same, if not muggier at night. The best conditioned team will win this game. I remember when Oregon State came to Baton Rouge, they wore those black unis they were spent by half time. The worse thing that could happen is if it rains, the humidity will really build up.

That's one of the biggest things I worry about (withholding the obvious). There were some rumors of having special jerseys made for this game a few months ago, but haven't heard anything else about it.

Hopefully our conditioning staff will turn the heat on full blast in our practice facility and have our guys run gassers.

I-AA Fan
June 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Gee, are we going to have new thread for each day of summer camp as well? God forbid you put this in the thread that already exists, since the vast majority of us do not care.

Saint3333
June 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
While I like ASU being on national TV, the time change will be awful for ASU. I don't think ASU will win, but I was hoping for a competitive game (at least 3 quarters). FBS teams are much deeper than FCS teams as seen with ASU only playing 29 players against Michigan. That will not be an option with the heat in the bayou.

ASU's only hope is that LSU slacks off in preparation like Wake Forest did in 1999 (I think) when all their players were crapping up. I doubt that will happen as they will be used to the heat and humidity.

And I'll be sweating my #$$ off.

AppAlum2003
June 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Gee, are we going to have new thread for each day of summer camp as well? God forbid you put this in the thread that already exists, since the vast majority of us do not care.

Seriously??? An FCS team lands a regular-season game nationally televised on ESPN and you're going to bitch and moan? Seriously? I know there is already a thread dedicated to this game, but your typical AGSer is not going to read that thread. Posting a new thread gets the word out to everyone.

AshevilleApp2
June 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM

Then don't read the thread. Problem solved.

Syntax Error
June 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
gonna be hot.

Darn! I have to wash my hair at that time. xlolx

AppStFan76
June 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hey move the discussion over to the App v LSU board we need to hit 2000!!

Retro
June 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
No, don't move it.. We need to close those threads that exceed 200+ replies as it's too lengthy to read through them when the whole context of the thread has changed throughout..

DLS
June 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM

i like to think this game brings exposure to the fcs and our style of play as a whole and not just appstate. AND, since your name is "I-AA Fan" i would hope you were interested.

telling me you aint gonna watch?

GtFllsGriz
June 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I for one will be watching it! The Griz don't play that weekend and I am already in need of some football. I don't expect APP to win but I sure hope they show the world that FCS has some pretty darn good football, again! I will be cheering for APP all the way in that one!!!!

Skjellyfetti
June 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I remember when Oregon State came to Baton Rouge, they wore those black unis they were spent by half time. The worse thing that could happen is if it rains, the humidity will really build up.

Our black home unis scare me. I hope LSU decides to bust out their purples or something. Also, I wanted to see a night game at Tiger Stadium. xbawlingx

This quote from Tiger Droppings worries me a bit as well:

Note to appy fans:

this will be horrible for your team and your fans

sun will be setting behind the LSU bench all Tiger players in the shade and your entire team and fans baking in the August heat

Mountaineer
June 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Our black home unis scare me. I hope LSU decides to bust out their purples or something. Also, I wanted to see a night game at Tiger Stadium. xbawlingx

Nope, LSU will be wearing white in that heat. I hope we can come up with yeller jerseys or something. Anything would be better than wearing black.

McNeese72
June 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM

The Tigers traditionally try to wear white for home games.

As far as somebody saying it will be cooler in the shade. Relatively speaking that is true but it is still going to be hot and humid in the shade. :)

Doc

Skjellyfetti
June 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM

I know. They sometimes wear purple though randomly (and seems like it's usually against teams they think they will blow out). I figure they won't for an August game, but who knows.

http://sportsgarage.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/matt-flynn.jpg

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM

As far as somebody saying it will be cooler in the shade. Relatively speaking that is true but it is still going to be hot and humid in the shade. :)

Doc
I was going to say the same thing. LSU wore purple three times and two of those were on the road. And it's hot even in the shade. xlolx

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I know. They sometimes wear purple though randomly (and seems like it's usually against teams they think they will blow out). I figure they won't for an August game, but who knows.

They wear them ususally if the other team doesn't want to wear dark unis. But white is their main choice.

AppStFan76
June 3rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Nope, LSU will be wearing white in that heat. I hope we can come up with yeller jerseys or something. Anything would be better than wearing black.

Wasnt there some talk earlier in the year about the posibility of yellow jerseys for the opening game? I assumed that was the home oppener, and I thought that was a bad idea, but might not be a bad idea for the LSU game.

Skjellyfetti
June 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
They wear them ususally if the other team doesn't want to wear dark unis. But white is their main choice.

They wore purple at home from 1983-1994.

ASUMountaineer
June 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM

I know it was a night game and what not, but the last time we played LSU, they wore purple and we wore white. Let's hope that's the case again. Although, I was at the Michigan game and it was hot as crap. I used to live in Michigan and it had never been that hot, I was burned to a crisp.

Jerbearasu
June 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Wasnt there some talk earlier in the year about the posibility of yellow jerseys for the opening game? I assumed that was the home oppener, and I thought that was a bad idea, but might not be a bad idea for the LSU game.

Honestly that would look pretty ugly on tv if they go with a yellow jersey... Im just thinking abt Chatty's unis last year and also W Vir when they played in the yellow...

Mountaineer
June 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
I know it was a night game and what not, but the last time we played LSU, they wore purple and we wore white. Let's hope that's the case again. Although, I was at the Michigan game and it was hot as crap. I used to live in Michigan and it had never been that hot, I was burned to a crisp.

I don't see the Tigers doing us any favors this year. xlolx Not in August at 4 in the afternoon.

I wouldn't. xsmiley_wix

813Jag
June 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
They wore purple at home from 1983-1994.
I know that (Baton Rouge native 25 years) They changed to white when Gerry DiNardo became coach.

ASUMountaineer
June 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Honestly that would look pretty ugly on tv if they go with a yellow jersey... Im just thinking abt Chatty's unis last year and also W Vir when they played in the yellow...

I agree, those jerseys would be hideous and make me think of Oregon.

AppStFan76
June 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

ESPN has it at 5pm

TexasTerror
June 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

ESPN has it at 5pm

Yes, but 4 p.m local time (Baton Rouge)...xnodx

Retro
June 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Actually, App State can wear white if they choose to!

Per NCAA Rules, the visiting team wears white, however the home team may wear white if both teams agree before the season..

See page 31... http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

AppStFan76
June 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM

Per NCAA Rules, the visiting team wears white, however the home team may wear white if both teams agree before the season..

How pissed would LSU be if we wouldnt agree to let them wear white? Their fans are already pissed that the time got moved up.

Skjellyfetti
June 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
How pissed would LSU be if we wouldnt agree to let them wear white? Their fans are already pissed that the time got moved up.

Yah. The fans and the team would be pretty livid. Not sure on this, but I bet LSU is undefeated or close to it when teams make them wear purple.

ericsaid
June 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that this game will be incredible to watch.

aust42
June 3rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Prime time ESPN on the opening Sat of college football. That's great exposure for Ap State and 1AA football. 2007 1A Champ vs the 2007 1AA Champ. My Bluehens open the same day at MD at 3:45pm and will be televised on ESPNU. Nice to see some national tv coverage for 1AA on opening day. Hopefully we can both make the headlines on Sportscenter that night.

Lionsrking
June 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
LSU just hired their new AD and already want to fire him. They don't take kindly to moving games to daytime, especially if it's not a BCS conference opponent.

McNeese72
June 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
I know that (Baton Rouge native 25 years) They changed to white when Gerry DiNardo became coach.

They traditional wore white at home before the period where the NCAA had the stupid rule that the home teams had to wear their colored jerseys and the visiting team wore white. They hated the rule and the rule was eventually changed to where if both teams agree they can wear white at home and they have gone back to wearing predominately white at home.

I remember them wearing white in the old days of Charley Mac.

Doc

T-Dog
June 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I have a bad feeling about our ability to keep our 12-0 record on the ESPN family of networks.

APPride
June 3rd, 2008, 08:15 PM

does that mean LSU has gotten visitors to always wear colored uniforms since they (LSU) usually play in white at home? is that like one of their bargaining chips when they give a visiting team a game?

appsfan
June 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
I am glad the national TV exposure got worked out. While we don't have much of a chance, well, you know, on any given Saturday ...

On another note, the football gods must be looking out for me. My old 32" Sony died today. I hate that ;) , not. So at least now I will have a new HD LCD TV to watch the game.xthumbsupx

813Jag
June 4th, 2008, 07:15 AM
does that mean LSU has gotten visitors to always wear colored uniforms since they (LSU) usually play in white at home? is that like one of their bargaining chips when they give a visiting team a game?
No, I believe Vandy refused, leading LSU to wear a yellow jersey. Most teams don't make a big fuss out of it, at least not publicly.

T-Dog
June 4th, 2008, 07:28 AM

We better wear white. No way we should go all black in that head. LSU shouldn't pitch a fit about going in purple tops and yellow pants, that's not that bad. Plus they did it last time we played that (it was a night game and early November 05, but oh well)

And if we have our regular uni's, should we go black pants or white pants with our white tops? I'd prefer black pants as it looks better, but we went to the white pants on the road when it heated up.

Option A)
http://xostech.cache.streamos.com/pics14/400/CI/CIPJHCTENGCNAYM.20051106044821.jpg

Option B)
http://appfan.wordpress.com/files/2007/10/inthebank.jpg

T-Dog
June 4th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hate to post twice in a row (well, not really hate, but whose keeping score :p ) but we do have a player on our team who has experience on both sides in Tim Washington, LSU transfer who will be a senior this year IIRC. He's stated that App's summer practices are tougher physically that LSU's so if he's telling the truth on that, I think our chances went up quite good about the start time as LSU will have some big hosses out there who will be hurting in that second half. As someone mentioned on our boards, we got that new indoor training facility, so they should turn up the heat in there and let the guys sweat it out in there when it's cool outside (not too much, don't want to push them too hard, but we do have an offense based on speed, so it's important that we are in shape and fast).

SirApp
June 4th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Hate to post twice in a row (well, not really hate, but whose keeping score :p ) but we do have a player on our team who has experience on both sides in Tim Washington, LSU transfer who will be a senior this year IIRC. He's stated that App's summer practices are tougher physically that LSU's so if he's telling the truth on that, I think our chances went up quite good about the start time as LSU will have some big hosses out there who will be hurting in that second half. As someone mentioned on our boards, we got that new indoor training facility, so they should turn up the heat in there and let the guys sweat it out in there when it's cool outside (not too much, don't want to push them too hard, but we do have an offense based on speed, so it's important that we are in shape and fast).

Tim isn't on the team anymore for personal reasons.

MountainMan
June 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
With the size of their D-Line & LB's and the inexperience of their all new secondary I swear I would go "Jet" for the first 4 or 5 posessions. It would be hard on our O-line, but if we run short pass plays and run mainly up the middle it won't be as tough on them. We can rotate WR's and RB's to keep the fresh, and I think Armanti is in good enough shape to handle that.

To me the key is keeping it close early. We have got to make them play the starters as much as possible and keep the depth factor to a minimum.

BarefootApp
June 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Tim Washington? I hate to hear that.

appmountaineer
June 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Any chance our game with get Espn College Game Day with Lee Corso?

DLS
June 4th, 2008, 09:29 AM
We better wear white. No way we should go all black in that head. LSU shouldn't pitch a fit about going in purple tops and yellow pants, that's not that bad. Plus they did it last time we played that (it was a night game and early November 05, but oh well)

And if we have our regular uni's, should we go black pants or white pants with our white tops? I'd prefer black pants as it looks better, but we went to the white pants on the road when it heated up.

Option A)
http://xostech.cache.streamos.com/pics14/400/CI/CIPJHCTENGCNAYM.20051106044821.jpg

Option B)

i say B

white on white and black on black are my favorites

black on black makes us look like ninjas

BarefootApp
June 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I bet Herbstriet doesn't roll out that pile of cupcakes on the first Gameday telecast....and if they got any guts, they will open the Gameday season at Baton Rouge....we'll see.

SideLine Shooter
June 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I bet Herbstriet doesn't roll out that pile of cupcakes on the first Gameday telecast....and if they got any guts, they will open the Gameday season at Baton Rouge....we'll see.

You don't really believe Herbstriet has the nads to be in BR that day do you?xlolx xlolx xlolx

The Moody1
June 4th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Any chance our game with get Espn College Game Day with Lee Corso?

I thought I saw it announced that Game day would be in Atlanta for the Clemson/Alabama game.

BarefootApp
June 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I figured.

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 09:43 AM
i say B

white on white and black on black are my favorites

black on black makes us look like ninjas

OK, I know this is OT, but you HAVE to see this video. Every time someone says ninja, I can't contain my laughter.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ninja_parade_slips_through_town

Milo
June 4th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Option A)

Option B)

I have to go with A .....same as Ann Arbor.

DuckDuckGriz
June 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM

They wore the white ones and lost on a missed FG.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/weekend.that.was/p1_serna_ap.jpg

Ok sorry carry on xlolx

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/weekend.that.was/p1_serna_ap.jpg

Ok sorry carry on xlolx

"My kung-fu is superior to your kung-fun."

neersnbeers
June 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
White on White. Looks Bad@ss

813Jag
June 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Ok sorry carry on xlolx
I thought about that after I posted. I'm still cursing that kicker, missing all of those extra points. xnonono2x

CharlestonAppFan
June 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
"My kung-fu is superior to your kung-fun."

xlolx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx :D

SirApp
June 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Tim Washington? I hate to hear that.

Believe it was for family reasons....there was an article about it a few months ago. He has the open door from Moore whenever he wants to come back...hopefully, soon.

Edit - Found the article: http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/0324/0328washington.php

JohnStOnge
June 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Can the stuff at http://www.weatherreports.com/United.../averages.html be right? The average high temperature in August in Boone is only 74 degrees F?

The reason I looked it up is that I wanted to see if LSU might have an advantage for having practiced in daytime in Baton Rouge in August for weeks prior to the game. I thought the main difference might be humidity. But I had no idea Boone is that cool in the summertime.

SideLine Shooter
June 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Can the stuff at http://www.weatherreports.com/United.../averages.html be right? The average high temperature in August in Boone is only 74 degrees F?

The reason I looked it up is that I wanted to see if LSU might have an advantage for having practiced in daytime in Baton Rouge in August for weeks prior to the game. I thought the main difference might be humidity. But I had no idea Boone is that cool in the summertime.

Correct.

JohnStOnge
June 4th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Correct.

Then I think your boys are in trouble. Bigger, stronger, faster, deeper, been practicing in the heat and humidity when your guys haven't been. Doesn't look good.

SideLine Shooter
June 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Then I think your boys are in trouble. Bigger, stronger, faster, deeper, been practicing in the heat and humidity when your guys haven't been. Doesn't look good.

I have said that since they scheduled LSU in August in Baton Rouge. It is difficult enough to breath in that heat and humidity. It is not going to be much fun.

GeauxLions94
June 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM

I was going to say the same thing. LSU wore purple three times and two of those were on the road. And it's hot even in the shade. xlolx

DiNardo got the rule changed to where LSU could wear white at home and when Saban was named head coach, he added a twist to the rule to where LSU would wear purple for all non-SEC home games, except the opener

BarefootApp
June 4th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks, SirAPP.

appmountaineer
June 4th, 2008, 09:52 PM
DiNardo got the rule changed to where LSU could wear white at home and when Saban was named head coach, he added a twist to the rule to where LSU would wear purple for all non-SEC home games, except the opener

So if this is true i guess we wear Black. Hmm, I hope its overcast.

SideLine Shooter
June 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
So if this is true i guess we wear Black. Hmm, I hope its overcast.

Hell, I hope it SNOWS!!!!

Skjellyfetti
June 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM

That's interesting-- thanks. xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
June 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hell, I hope it SNOWS!!!!

Well if that happened, we'd probably win, They wouldn't know how to handle the cold. Haha