June 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM
not my work but taking the liberty to post these links

http://picasaweb.google.com/yikaspiral/KiddBrewerStadiumPics

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/js45473/

Take that dang track out of there!

Saint3333
June 1st, 2008, 08:19 AM

I believe that's a little lower on the priority list. We'd rather spend money adding 5K seats, club seats, boxes, media area, restrooms, concessions, 10,000 sq. ft. weight room, etc.

ASUMountaineer
June 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM

You gonna pay? Kind of an expensive endeavor and not many places to build in the mountains. With all the non-Apps complaining about our track, I kind of like it more now. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
June 1st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Looking good, except for the track.

EmeryZach
June 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
So was the decision to do all this work made before or after you guys started winning all those championships?

neersnbeers
June 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
You find a place in Boone to build one and they probably would move it.

Syntax Error
June 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
So was the decision to do all this work made before or after you guys started winning all those championships?

Before they won a title they wanted to go FBS and fire Jerry Moore.

ASUMountaineer
June 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM

The decision for expanding the stadium was made before we won our first national championship.

ASUMountaineer
June 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM

I'm not sure how many wanted to go FBS. I think a lot did, but I think just as many did not. I for one have never advocated for going FBS and still don't.

thmst30
June 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Before they won a title they wanted to go FBS and fire Jerry Moore.If you had seen our games back then you would have understood why some called for him to be fired. Before we moved to the spread offense, we were so mediocre but still had solid talent. It seemed we were underachieving year after year. I hadn't got to the point of wanting to fire Moore but I can see why some did. If we had never moved to the spread, we would NOT have won a single one of those titles and Moore would be long gone.

james_lawfirm
June 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM

Not me. I have never wanted to go FBS nor to fire Coach Moore. Who is this "they" of which you speak?

james_lawfirm
June 1st, 2008, 01:06 PM

Although, I understand the "non-trackees" point, I have no problem with the track at KBS for one reason. Visibility. The smaller stadiums (Elon comes to mind) that I have been to that have no track around the field usually have the stands almost right up the field. That means that plays made on the sidelines nearest one's seats are invisible to the fans.

Now, if you wish to remove the track, and still maintain the distance between the field and the stands, then OK. But, it seems to me that those who want to remove the track, also anticipate moving the stands closer to the field. So, I object.

Jerbearasu
June 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
If you had seen our games back then you would have understood why some called for him to be fired. Before we moved to the spread offense, we were so mediocre but still had solid talent. It seemed we were underachieving year after year. I hadn't got to the point of wanting to fire Moore but I can see why some did. If we had never moved to the spread, we would NOT have won a single one of those titles and Moore would be long gone.

We actually moved to the spread in 04 and went 6-5. That was when some people started calling for Moore's head. I agree that we did underacheive from 01-03 but IMO a big portion of that was Coach Best's fault... He was way too conservative with the talent that we had on offense. In 2001 we had 3 running backs that had 1000 yard seasons for us in previous years and 2 AA's on the offensive line and a TE who is still in the NFL. Granted Karim tore his knee up before the season and didn't return but we still had Watkins and Beard with little Hoover leading the blocking charge. Also with Super Joe Burchette and receivers like Fowlkes, Little, Hayward and my favorite Mountaineer of all-time Andrew Layton we should have been scoring 35 a game instead of the 14 we were averaging. Our defense keeping teams from scoring was the only reason why we were as good as we were in those years...

APPALACHIANstate
June 1st, 2008, 04:36 PM
Why remove the track? I like it, and I also think our track team deserves respect. I have a girlfriend who has an Appalachian State Track shirt from a meet at ASU in high school. Whenever we are out of state (Myrtle, Florida, Tennessee) people ask her if she runs track for Appalachian.

All of our sports programs deserve respect, and KBS is the home of APP football and APP track. KBS is a crazy place to be come game-time and the track does not take away from that at all.

just my opinion...

WUTNDITWAA
June 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
I wanted, and still want to go FBS, but I never wanted Moore fired. As for the track, when the time comes for us to move the track, we'll move the track. Until then, bitvh away.

appsfan
June 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Great pictures tarmac xthumbsupx All I can say is one word :
HURRY!
xeekx