PDA

View Full Version : Favorite NDSU Bison Player?

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Matt the Grat!

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics/200/QL/QLNRMNBHGQEYVUG.20070815233037.jpg

# 70 Matthew Gratzek
Defensive Tackle - DT
Height: 6-2 Weight: 283
Sophomore
Stephen Argyle Central HS (Mark Kroulik) Argyle, Minn.

Solid young performer who worked hard to learn the NDSU defensive package ... Increased strength, size and quickness ... Showed improvement during first year in program ... Listed as the backup at defensive tackle on the depth chart ... 2006 SEASON (REDSHIRT): Sat out the season as a redshirt in the Bison program ... HIGH SCHOOL: 2006 graduate of Stephen-Argyle Central High School ... Class salutedictorian ... Three-year starter on the offensive and defensive line for Mark Kroulik at Stephen-Argyle High School ... Part of successful Storm football team that compiled a 52-1 record that included a 41-game winning streak ... From 2002-05, Stephen-Argyle won three Minnesota state 9-man championships and four section titles ... Named to the Associated Press all-state team and was the conference’s Most Valuable Lineman ... Two-time all-conference performer ... Honorable mention all-state as a junior ... Academic all-state in track & field ... Holds school records in both the shot put (52’ 11.5") and discus (145’ 11") ... Also an all-conference basketball player ... Four-year letterwinner in football, and earned three in basketball and two in track & field ... Member of the National Honor Society ... Earned state honors in choir and band ... Placed fourth at State Envirothon ... PERSONAL: Born January 7, 1988 ... Has one brother, Kyle ... Majoring in Ag Systems Management (ASM) ... Worked for Hanson Bros. Inc. (framed house construction) during the summer ... Recipient of the Bob & Darlene Yaggie Scholarship ... Son of Richard and Cynthia Gratzek.

xthumbsupx

DaBears
May 30th, 2008, 07:23 PM
My favorite former ndsu bison player is Jimmy Kleinsauser

JackTwice
May 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM

So, you trying to start a holy war there Bears?

Go Bison
May 31st, 2008, 09:53 AM
I like Tyler Jangula from Williston, ND.

A runaway train could describe this tough, hard-nosed player ... Developing into a devastating blocker ... Explosive runner who proved hard to bring down after catching a pass ...

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=74227&Q_SEASON=2008

Gil Dobie
May 31st, 2008, 11:18 AM
Matt Anderson
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics20/200/ZZ/ZZSJMENWVXNGINT.20070815232955.jpg
Came out of spring practice listed at No. 2 on the depth chart at the Will linebacker position ... Talented young player with good instincts and speed ... Gained better understanding of defensive system during first year ... Increased strength ... 2006 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Sat out the season as a redshirt in the Bison football program ... HIGH SCHOOL: 2006 graduate of Cavalier High School, the same school that produced 2004 Rimington Trophy winner Rob Hunt, a four-year starter at center for NDSU ... North Dakota's 2005 Class A Player of the Year as a senior ... Led Cavalier to three state titles and 47-1 record under the direction of Rod Oksendahl ... Two-time all-state first team selection ... Three-time all-region pick ... Only loss was in the 2005 state championship game ... Rushed for 2,108 yards and 39 touchdowns as a senior ... Defensively, recorded 10 interceptions and 103 tackles ... Holds five school football records ... Selected to play in the Mon-Dak Bowl and North Dakota Shrine Bowl games ... Sprinter on the Tornadoes track & field team with a school record time of 10.81 in the 100 and 22.31 in the 200 ... Anchorman on the 2005 state champion 400 meter relay and third place 800 meter relay ... Also played basketball ... PERSONAL: Born April 24, 1987 ... Son of Doug and Vonda Anderson ... Has one brother, Craig ... Undecided on college major.

SDFS
May 31st, 2008, 10:56 PM

My favorite play by Jimmy in FFD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs

Gil Dobie
June 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM

You guys are welcome to open a smack thread in smack and see where it goes. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

EmeryZach
June 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Jeff Curtis

dlsiouxfan
June 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM

One of the all-time great plays of the rivalry. It definitely highlighted the difference in athleticism between the two programs.

DuckDuckGriz
June 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Why Adam Vinatieri of course xthumbsupx

JBB
June 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
It was a good play and got him an NFL contract. Good memory for UND fans. Memories are all they have.

One play highlighted the difference for that game. The following highlights the difference in the programs:

North Dakota State Catcher Kole Zimmerman Named CoSIDA Academic All-America

NDSU's Aimee Enzler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-America® Softball Team

Bison Wrestler Jacob Bryce Named CoSIDA Academic All-District

NDSU had the 17th best grade point average among Division I teams this year with a 2.97 team mark.

UND on the other hand has Ryan Chappell flunking out and starting linebacker Bobby Stroup finally dismissed from the team as he faces charges that could put him in prison. I guess thats what your president was talking about when he was discouraging your move up saying Division 1 was full of criminals and athletes ignored academics.

My favorite NDSU BISON player right now is one of our all time great running backs Tyler Roehl.

Gil Dobie
June 1st, 2008, 06:26 PM
One of the all-time great plays of the rivalry. It definitely highlighted the difference in athleticism between the two programs.

Muffing the onside kick to put the Packers into the playoffs in 2003 xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
June 1st, 2008, 06:27 PM
Why Adam Vinatieri of course xthumbsupx

Didn't he play for the Oregon St Ducks xthumbsupx

dlsiouxfan
June 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
It was a good play and got him an NFL contract. Good memory for UND fans. Memories are all they have.

One play highlighted the difference for that game. The following highlights the difference in the programs:

North Dakota State Catcher Kole Zimmerman Named CoSIDA Academic All-America

NDSU's Aimee Enzler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-America® Softball Team

Bison Wrestler Jacob Bryce Named CoSIDA Academic All-District

NDSU had the 17th best grade point average among Division I teams this year with a 2.97 team mark.

UND on the other hand has Ryan Chappell flunking out and starting linebacker Bobby Stroup finally dismissed from the team as he faces charges that could put him in prison. I guess thats what your president was talking about when he was discouraging your move up saying Division 1 was full of criminals and athletes ignored academics.

My favorite NDSU BISON player right now is one of our all time great running backs Tyler Roehl.

The average GPA for all UND sports teams this year was a 3.17, so I guess that's just another area where the Sioux come out on top. Not too mention that we've had standouts sign pro contracts each of the last three seasons with former Sioux OL Chris Kuper slated to start for the Broncos this fall. But I guess to return to the topic at hand I'd have to say my favorite Bison of all time would have to be Lamar Gordon. I mean he had one hell of leg, especially when he was kicking in windows at Moorhead State.

stevdock
June 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
This Bison Sioux crap needs to stop. We haven't played in forever. We're not going to play in forever. All this pettiness just needs to stop. UND as of right now is not on an even playing field with us. Will they eventually get there? Probably. And that's when renewing this rivalry should happen for the first time. Until then, NDSU and UND are just two schools that are in the same state, that used to have a great rivalry, that will also be over for a long time to come.

JackTwice
June 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
So, you trying to start a holy war there Bears?

Only got from post #2 to post #11. Took much longer than I expected.

Gil Dobie
June 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM

The average GPA for all UND sports teams this year was a 3.17, so I guess that's just another area where the Sioux come out on top.

UND Sports vs NDSU Football GPA ? xoopsx xnonox

TheBisonator
June 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM

Please step into this decade. Thanks.

NDSUFREAK
June 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
another NDSU-und that is not needed.....

BisonBacker
June 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
The average GPA for all UND sports teams this year was a 3.17, so I guess that's just another area where the Sioux come out on top. Not too mention that we've had standouts sign pro contracts each of the last three seasons with former Sioux OL Chris Kuper slated to start for the Broncos this fall. But I guess to return to the topic at hand I'd have to say my favorite Bison of all time would have to be Lamar Gordon. I mean he had one hell of leg, especially when he was kicking in windows at Moorhead State.

What the hell, we (NDSU/SDSU POSTERS) get a warning from the mods to not start smacking it up in the GWFC forum since we are no longer members but now are in the Gateway yet these people come on a perfectly good thread and start throwing the ***** around. What the hell is the point? dlsiouxfan xnonox why don't you go to the GWFC forum and talk about your team and your conference. Hey mods how about a little moderation here? This isn't the smack board xrulesx

TheBisonator
June 2nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
What the hell, we (NDSU/SDSU POSTERS) get a warning from the mods to not start smacking it up in the GWFC forum since we are no longer members but now are in the Gateway yet these people come on a perfectly good thread and start throwing the ***** around. What the hell is the point? dlsiouxfan xnonox why don't you go to the GWFC forum and talk about your team and your conference. Hey mods how about a little moderation here? This isn't the smack board xrulesx

Yeah, I agree. Howzabout a little fairness, mods??

WestRiverBison
June 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Roehl and Heck.

Go_Herd
June 2nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Any O-Lineman we've had in the last 4 years.

Especially Tim Popowski and Nate Safe. They were just animals. Give some love to O-line that makes it all possible.

JBB
June 2nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
UND Sports vs NDSU Football GPA ? xoopsx xnonox

Obviously hockey wasnt included, even though they have it!

Arent there any mods around here? xnonox

Hambone
June 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
I really enjoyed watching Lamar Gordon play. He was an absolute beast. Met him at a party once and he seemed very humble to me and was a very cool guy. I also like watching Jayd Kittleson for some reason. I never did get the opportunity to watch Joe Mays play, but I have a feeling that would have been great to see as well.

BisonBacker
June 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Positive rep to Hambone for being a classy UND poster. We should all take a lesson.xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx

Thundering_Herd
June 5th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Satter, Simdorn, Wash, McDonald, Hansen, Braxton, Gordon, any Velva kid, Morris, Essler, Dahl (both), Gordon, Walker, Heckendorf, Roehl, Steffes, Hunt, Mays, Drago, Safe, Humber, Jangula, Wurzbacher, ...