PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Holy Cross: This Ain't Fiction

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Ralph was kind enough to make sure my I-AA diary was put up extremely early this morning:

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=73139

Greeting me was the forecast: 90% chance of rain, with possible thundershowers and over 1 inch of precipitation, left over from the latest tropical storm. Not exactly what this I-AA correspondent had in mind for this great I-AA weekend, but that did mean I would see the true diehard fans, the ones that come out in any circumstances – basically, the fans that come in the rain.

colgate13
October 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Tough one to write for sure. Good job though! I think I've got water in my shoes from just reading it.

ngineer
October 10th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Great job Chuck. I was there in section WF under my brown and gold umbrella wondering who the lucky stiffs were up in the Harmon Press Box. Glad to see you joined the 'proletariate'. ;) I even got in one of your pictures--looking back at the home stands from the north endzone--showed my wife, but she, after squinting at the picture was unimpressed.
It was such a frustrating day. My dad, who is 78, was barred by my mother from driving up from Pottstown in the torrent (a sane lady), but I kept him posted by cell phone as the game sloshed on. He was as incredulous hearing the news as we were in watching it.
After watching Coach Lembo tonight, though, I still have a good feeling about this team, and believe it still might be a 'magical' season as some have predicted, just more of an uphill journey than we imagined in August.

bobcatfan06
October 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I just watched that game onm FCS Atlantic and that was a slop fest. Neither team could do much in the 2nd half because of all the water. You guys that were there during the game are hardcore. Looked like it would have been fun to play in though. :D

ngineer
October 11th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I just watched that game onm FCS Atlantic and that was a slop fest. Neither team could do much in the 2nd half because of all the water. You guys that were there during the game are hardcore. Looked like it would have been fun to play in though. :D

It was humorous at times. Some players skidding/hydroplaning for up to 15 yards. Actually, there was a concern about someone drowning in the event one landed in one of the ponds with a number of guys on top of him. It really doesn't take make water for someone to technically drown.