PDA

View Full Version : App up for an Emmy!!

AppStFan76
May 27th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Under The Lights: Appalachian State Football — A Date With Destiny, the hour-long documentary produced by FSN South detailing Appalachian State University football’s historic win over Michigan in the 2007 season opener, has been nominated for an Emmy award by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) Southeast Chapter.

http://goasu.com/article/11965/

Big Al
May 27th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Not just any Emmy. A regional Emmy.

ASUMountaineer
May 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM

xbawlingx

xnonono2x

AppStFan76
May 28th, 2008, 05:45 AM

If a win is a win, then an Emmy is an Emmy!xsmiley_wix xlolx

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Under The Lights: Appalachian State Football — A Date With Destiny, the hour-long documentary produced by FSN South detailing Appalachian State University football’s historic win over Michigan in the 2007 season opener, has been nominated for an Emmy award by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) Southeast Chapter.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Fordham
May 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
xthumbsupx xbowx

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 08:49 AM

They made a movie about Rudy,I guess a documentary about ASU getting dumb lucky on a upset,is in order.xlolx --There must be a shortage on material. :D

AppStFan76
May 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
They made a movie about Rudy,I guess a documentary about ASU getting dumb lucky on a upset,is in order.xlolx --There must be a shortage on material. :D

Really.....you can stop pretending to be an App hater, we all know you are secretly a part of the "Mountaneer Nation"xsmiley_wix

CharlestonAppFan
May 28th, 2008, 09:06 AM

You know Udchuck, modern medicine has determined that there is a diagnosis of your condition relating to how you perceive ASU and how it affects you and your university...xthumbsupx :D

http://sexuality.about.com/od/glossary/g/small_penis_syn.htm

http://www.menstuff.org/logos/penissize.jpg

jmu_duke07
May 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
The results of the writer strike... xnonono2x

SideLine Shooter
May 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM

udchuck, We realize that all the App haters like yourself are so full of ENVY that you are having a very difficult time handling this, but FSN planned and filmed the football camp leading up to the Michigan game as a documentary of preparation for that game. They were a lot of underlying reasons for this, including the fact that Michigan had never played an FCS or Div. IAA team in their long storied history and this was a first. Nobody expected the outcome, well one of my friends told me from the getgo that it would happen.

When the game was over FSN had something that was EXTREMELY SPECIAL and to say the least VERY TIMELY.

If you or any other football fan have never seen "Under the LIGHTS" you might want to see it.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I hope to catch the "Under the Lights" special about Dayton Football this summer..... oh wait... nevermind.

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=CharlestonAppFan;961050]You know Udchuck, modern medicine has determined that there is a diagnosis of your condition relating to how you perceive ASU and how it affects you and your university...xthumbsupx :D

[URL="http://sexuality.about.com/od/glossary/g/small_penis_syn.htm"]http://sexuality.about.com/od/glossary/g/small_penis_syn.htm[/UR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xlolx That was a good one.xlolx However size is not important, It's the quality that counts.and knowing what to do with it.xthumbsupx So in your case being you don't have one you would not know.

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 10:04 AM
udchuck, We realize that all the App haters like yourself are so full of ENVY that you are having a very difficult time handling this, but FSN planned and filmed the football camp leading up to the Michigan game as a documentary of preparation for that game. They were a lot of underlying reasons for this, including the fact that Michigan had never played an FCS or Div. IAA team in their long storied history and this was a first. Nobody expected the outcome, well one of my friends told me from the getgo that it would happen.

When the game was over FSN had something that was EXTREMELY SPECIAL and to say the least VERY TIMELY.

If you or any other football fan have never seen "Under the LIGHTS" you might want to see it.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx ENVY ????come on, can you tell me why I should be envious ??

Actually, I am not a APP hater,prier to that game with Mich.I didn't know ASU even existed.-I just think that upset is blown out of proportion.When the opportunity arises I will see the documentary.xthumbsupx

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I hope to catch the "Under the Lights" special about Dayton Football this summer..... oh wait... nevermind.

It's coming.:D make sure you see it.xthumbsupx

ASU
May 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I take it that it is a REGULAR Emmy.....just nominated by the southeast emmy nominating committee.

CharlestonAppFan
May 28th, 2008, 10:16 AM
xlolx That was a good one.xlolx However size is not important, It's the quality that counts.and knowing what to do with it.xthumbsupx So in your case being you don't have one you would not know.

Keep telling yourself that...didn't you read the article...you CAN go talk to a professional now instead of hiding behind your fear xnodx . Your envy is shining brightly by your last point and my theory has been proved... ;)

Will you still be around after ASU plays LSU? xeyebrowx I've seen a lot of posters over the past couple of years display your ENVY and after the beatdown, they do not last here at AGS. I hope you are the exception this time..xnodx xrotatehx It will be fun to hear what you have to say...

B&G
May 28th, 2008, 10:33 AM
ENVY ????come on, can you tell me why I should be envious ??

Actually, I am not a APP hater,prier to that game with Mich.I didn't know ASU even existed.-I just think that upset is blown out of proportion.When the opportunity arises I will see the documentary.xthumbsupx

So you didn't follow FCS for the previous two seasons where ASU won the championship? That's not a slam on us. That's a remark that you are ignorant about the subject you (often) post about. xcoffeex

You're right though, the upset was blown out of proportion b/c it wasn't an upset at all. ASU was better. Thanks for noticing. Although historically speaking it was about like a #16 seed beating a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Keep telling yourself that...didn't you read the article...you CAN go talk to a professional now instead of hiding behind your fear xnodx . Your envy is shining brightly by your last point and my theory has been proved... ;)

Will you still be around after ASU plays LSU? xeyebrowx I've seen a lot of posters over the past couple of years display your ENVY and after the beatdown, they do not last here at AGS. I hope you are the exception this time..xnodx xrotatehx It will be fun to hear what you have to say...

Hey Dude,Get a life,xsmhx No I didn't read the article, not the least interested.I have no problem with sex. ;)
Evidentially you must have a problem with sex,being you have the article handy.xcoffeex Come on, admit it.:D
Yea,after LSU kicks ASU's butt I'll be back.:D

bobbythekidd
May 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I am not envious of App. I am, on the other hand, I am envious of "App Envy". I pine for the days of GSU envy. Walking around with a target on your back is a great feeling.

Those of you Appy bastards that are current students, count yourself lucky. This will be a glorious chapter in your life. One that you will look back on with much pride. This emmy nomination, a win in the Big House, back-to-back-to-back championships, the record at The Rock, are stories you can tell for a lifetime, and you can say you witnessed it all.

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
So you didn't follow FCS for the previous two seasons where ASU won the championship? That's not a slam on us. That's a remark that you are ignorant about the subject you (often) post about. xcoffeex

You're right though, the upset was blown out of proportion b/c it wasn't an upset at all. ASU was better. Thanks for noticing. Although historically speaking it was about like a #16 seed beating a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

I have to admit I do have tunnel vision,I follow individual games more than anything.---Div.Champs don't really interest me,other than Big 10 and now,the PFL.being I know a few students that attend Dayton.
Let me get this straight,---you're telling me the ASU victory over Michigan was NOT a upset ??? you're saying if ASU would play Mich. 5 times.ASU would win maybe 4 out of 5 times???xeyebrowx

CharlestonAppFan
May 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Hey Dude,Get a life,xsmhx No I didn't read the article, not the least interested.I have no problem with sex. ;)
Evidentially you must have a problem with sex,being you have the article handy.xcoffeex Come on, admit it.:D

Temper, temper xnonox as BTK put it correctly, you have "App Envy", otherwise you wouldn't have jumped on the app hater bandwagon that a few posters here have joined.

It's not like all of us App people haven't heard the phrase..."after we kick ASU's butt in the game because....
1) App's defense can't stop the run
2) App's defense can't stop the pass
3) it's time for App to get a taste of their own medicine
4) the SoCon is weak and App is gonna get exposed
5) the talent gap is WAY to broad in favor of this team compared to App
6) Armanti is gonna break like a twig because he is so small and crumble under the pressure of a real team
7) App's backup replacements aren't as good as last year's starters
8) this team has more NFL starters than App
9) blah, blah, blah xblahblahx "

So, shall I go one with all of the one-liners or reasons why every team in the nation can win against us? Believe me dude, you're no different than any other wishful poster the past few years here on AGS towards App. I do welcome the friendly banter though xnodx and will give you rep points for some of your posts..

As far as my sexual exploits, no problems on my end there chuckles....but nice try xcoffeex

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Temper, temper xnonox as BTK put it correctly, you have "App Envy", otherwise you wouldn't have jumped on the app hater bandwagon that a few posters here have joined.

It's not like all of us App people haven't heard the phrase..."after we kick ASU's butt in the game because....
6) Armanti is gonna break like a twig because he is so small and crumble under the pressure of a real team

So, shall I go one with all of the one-liners or reasons why every team in the nation can win against us? Believe me dude, you're no different than any other wishful poster the past few years here on AGS towards App. I do welcome the friendly banter though xnodx and will give you rep points for some of your posts..

As far as my sexual exploits, no problems on my end there chuckles....but nice try xcoffeex

You mean the Professionals helped You sexually.xlolx Good for you.:D

AppStFan76
May 28th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I have to admit I do have tunnel vision,I follow individual games more than anything.---Div.Champs don't really interest me,other than Big 10 and now,the PFL.being I know a few students that attend Dayton.
Let me get this straight,---you're telling me the ASU victory over Michigan was NOT a upset ??? you're saying if ASU would play Mich. 5 times.ASU would win maybe 4 out of 5 times???xeyebrowx

If you take the two team on the field "that day" YES!

I have watched that game several times and Michigan got out played. In the "Emmy Nominated Documentary" this thread is about, Coach Elliot says to some of the players on the sideline durring the game " they (Michigan) dont know how to stop us" and I agree their defense did not know how to stop AE and co.

Also App only played 29 guys that day. If we were to play more guys and give players that played every snap, either on offense or defense, a break, there may have been a lot bigger spread at the end of that game (in App favor).

SideLine Shooter
May 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM

What are you even on this board for? You my friend do not have a clue!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I am not envious of App. I am, on the other hand, I am envious of "App Envy". I pine for the days of GSU envy. Walking around with a target on your back is a great feeling.

Those of you Appy bastards that are current students, count yourself lucky. This will be a glorious chapter in your life. One that you will look back on with much pride. This emmy nomination, a win in the Big House, back-to-back-to-back championships, the record at The Rock, are stories you can tell for a lifetime, and you can say you witnessed it all.

xoutofrepx

CharlestonAppFan
May 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM
xoutofrepx

ditto...xnodx xthumbsupx

spoogemcgee18
May 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I hope it wins because then I can claim an appearance in an Emmy Winning Documentary on my resume. I was the guy they interviewed waiting in line for tickets and they showed me receiving the first two tickets they sold.

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I hope it wins because then I can claim an appearance in an Emmy Winning Documentary on my resume. I was the guy they interviewed waiting in line for tickets and they showed me receiving the first two tickets they sold.

That was YOU!?!? Everyone, we have a celebrity in the house!

WUTNDITWAA
May 28th, 2008, 12:28 PM

You forgot the ones after the game:

10) App got lucky.
11) The officials were again' us.
12) Their fans were so rude, our players were in fear for thier lives.
13) They're not that much better than us, they just ran up the score.
14) Six is more than three. ;)

udchuck
May 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
What are you even on this board for? You my friend do not have a clue!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Relax my good man,I just answered the mans Questions.xthumbsupx I had nothing better to do so I got on this board to kill time.Along with you other guys that have nothing to do.xlolx

SideLine Shooter
May 28th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Can I get your autograph?xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bobbythekidd
May 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
xoutofrepx

ditto...xnodx xthumbsupx
Thanks guys, but I didn't say it for the points. I said it because i went to GSU for 3 years and went to 3 national champ games (won 2). I saw Adrian Peterson crush records. I listened to the brash Coach Johnson. I saw amazing talent all over the field. I saw the biggest blowouts. I just wanted the young guys to know that they are living a part of ASU history that can slip from your fingers as fast as it arrived.

Coach Moore was not very popular a few years ago for wanting to change up the offensive scheme, remember?

You didn't need to be in Ann Arbor to have been a part of that day. You could have heard the news and been part of the mob that carried the uprights to Peacock's door. You could have been knee-walking drunk when the buses came back. Each week has different aspects. I am advising them to live it up, take part, dare I say travel to some away games. It may be some time before this level of good fortune happens again. Spoil yourselves in it.

ASUMountaineer
May 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
You know Udchuck, modern medicine has determined that there is a diagnosis of your condition relating to how you perceive ASU and how it affects you and your university...xthumbsupx :D

http://sexuality.about.com/od/glossary/g/small_penis_syn.htm

http://www.menstuff.org/logos/penissize.jpg

Leave him alone. He probably doesn't have sexual issues, his issues lie much deeper. He lives in the "Mistake on the Lake" errr...I mean...Cleveland. In the worst state ever...errr...I mean...Ohio. Honestly, he can't help it.

Sorry they were so mean to you, udchuck, I know what's wrong. xpeacex :D

SoCon48
May 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM
You forgot the ones after the game:

10) App got lucky.
11) The officials were again' us.
12) Their fans were so rude, our players were in fear for thier lives.
13) They're not that much better than us, they just ran up the score.
14) Six is more than three. ;)

Post of the week.

SoCon48
May 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM

That was COLD!!

udchuck
May 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Leave him alone. He probably doesn't have sexual issues, his issues lie much deeper. He lives in the "Mistake on the Lake" errr...I mean...Cleveland. In the worst state ever...errr...I mean...Ohio. Honestly, he can't help it.

Sorry they were so mean to you, udchuck, I know what's wrong. xpeacex :D

Wow,This guy found his way off the mountain and caught up with the other stupid people.You know,the old Cleveland Jokes,the ones that were thought up about 30 years ago.I found out long ago when someone runs out of brain power,the next statements are Cleveland Jokes.

OldFootballGuy
May 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Wow,This guy found his way off the mountain and caught up with the other stupid people.You know,the old Cleveland Jokes,the ones that were thought up about 30 years ago.I found out long ago when someone runs out of brain power,the next statements are Cleveland Jokes.

How ironic that you would make a joke about people coming down off the mountain and then question someone's brain power when making a Cleveland joke. That is priceless.

udchuck
May 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
How ironic that you would make a joke about people coming down off the mountain and then question someone's brain power when making a Cleveland joke. That is priceless.

You take my Dog, I take your Cat.xthumbsupx ;) BTW --It wasn't a joke,I meant it.xthumbsupx
It doesn't take to much brain power to repeat tired old Cleveland jokes that went out of style long time ago.

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
You take my Dog, I take your Cat.xthumbsupx ;) BTW --It wasn't a joke,I meant it.xthumbsupx

You can mean it all you want. xthumbsupx Mine was a joke, I used to live in Michigan, of course I hate Ohio (been to Ohio--and Cleveland--many times). Learn to lighten up there udchuck. xeyebrowx

The joke must hit home if it bothers you that much. xcoffeex

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM
can no hit bottom, can hit side

udchuck
May 29th, 2008, 07:51 PM
You can mean it all you want. xthumbsupx Mine was a joke, I used to live in Michigan, of course I hate Ohio (been to Ohio--and Cleveland--many times). Learn to lighten up there udchuck. xeyebrowx

The joke must hit home if it bothers you that much. xcoffeex

Not really,I don't live in Cleveland,I'm just a Browns fan living about 30 miles away.I just think the Cleveland jokes are stupid thats all.carry on if it makes you happy.xthumbsupx xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Not really,I don't live in Cleveland,I'm just a Browns fan living about 30 miles away.I just think the Cleveland jokes are stupid thats all.carry on if it makes you happy.xthumbsupx xcoffeex

Most of those type of jokes (such as toothless hillbillies) are stupid, but that's what makes them funny.

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Most of those type of jokes (such as toothless hillbillies) are stupid, but that's what makes them funny.

I like stupid joke stuff but not on the Discussion Board. xcoffeex

udchuck
May 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM
can no hit bottom, can hit side

??

ASUMountaineer
May 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I like stupid joke stuff but not on the Discussion Board. xcoffeex

Why? Does it make people sad?

AppStFan76
June 22nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Appalachian WON the Emmy award!!

http://goasu.com/article/11989/

Big Al
June 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats to FSN. I bet they were really sweating whether they were going home with the trophy!

;D

PS - Aren't the non-regional Emmys on in September? ;}