PDA

View Full Version : FCS Coverage in Preseason Mags?

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Heard Athlon and Lindy's were out. Do they have any FCS coverage in them? Rankings? Perspectives? Etc?

Looking forward as always to what College Sporting News is putting out. Was reading the last edition a few days ago and catching up on what the general thought of what the SLC was going to shape up as well as some of the other neat parts...

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I have not seen them yet.

SOCAL
May 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM
a small blurb

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2008/05/unh_starts_in_10th_position.html

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I have looked and not found the mags yet. I know Athlon should be out by now and I know there will be no FCS coverage in it this year. It looks like just Lindy's, Phil Steele, and S&S, of the mags in newsstands, will have FCS coverage this year.

GOKATS
May 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen it, but a poster on another board said Lindy's is out.

Tribe4SF
May 26th, 2008, 12:44 PM
a small blurb

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2008/05/unh_starts_in_10th_position.html

The first major omission for the mags...leaving Richmond out of the top 10. Apparently they're unaware that the Spiders return nearly everyone from last year's semifinal squad.xnonono2x

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM
The first major omission for the mags...leaving Richmond out of the top 10. Apparently they're unaware that the Spiders return nearly everyone from last year's semifinal squad.xnonono2x

Agreed 4SF! Once again the AGS Poll has done a better job!! Based on returning players, Richmond IMHO has to be rated higher than UMass, Delaware and UNH.

Hoyadestroya85
May 26th, 2008, 02:40 PM

but they lose Dave Clawson and Tim Hightower, the two most important cogs of that team

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
One thing you have to remember about Lindys and S&S writers are that they usually don't cover the FCS on a year round basis, or at least it hasn't been that way in the past. They usually have a writer spend a month or so researching to put it together. Another thing to remember is that those mags probably went to print about a month ago. I wonder if the RP transfer to Jax State will even be in Lindys?

CrazyCat
May 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I kinda like Lindy's rankings. xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix :D

Mouse
May 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
any websites dedicated to preseason coverage?

Zoo
May 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Lindy's has FCS coverage, but I don't know about Athlon.

Syntax Error
May 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM
any websites dedicated to preseason coverage?besides www.collegesportingnews.com ???? Nope.

(I hear there is a major re-design coming for CSN - anybody see this ---> http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5 )

The Gadfly
May 26th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Lindy has 2 Big South schools ranked in Top 25 . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 08:36 PM
besides www.collegesportingnews.com ???? Nope.

(I hear there is a major re-design coming for CSN - anybody see this ---> http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5 )

Include www.sportsnetwork.com and that would be all.

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Lindy has 2 Big South schools ranked in Top 25 . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Has anyone posted the top 25 yet?

Tribe4SF
May 26th, 2008, 11:36 PM
but they lose Dave Clawson and Tim Hightower, the two most important cogs of that team

Josh Vaughn covered for Hightower when he was hurt, and the Spiders didn't miss a beat. Ask Eastern Kentucky whether Vaughn can play. Looks like a clone of Hightower on the field.

Dave Clawson is a great coach, and will be missed, but London was a great hire. Don't expect him to let the Spiders fall.

And as if the Spiders didn't have enough coming back, Sherman Logan will return at DE from injury last year. He may be the best player on an already good defense.

Syntax Error
May 26th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Include sportsnetwork.com and that would be all. sportsnetwork.com has never done an FCS preseason magazine, or any FCS/I-AA mag of any kind. sportsnetwork makes it's money mainly off of pro sports and gamblimg links. It is good that FCS has a friend in Coulson there now.

bleedblue
May 27th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Josh Vaughn covered for Hightower when he was hurt, and the Spiders didn't miss a beat. Ask Eastern Kentucky whether Vaughn can play. Looks like a clone of Hightower on the field.

Dave Clawson is a great coach, and will be missed, but London was a great hire. Don't expect him to let the Spiders fall.

And as if the Spiders didn't have enough coming back, Sherman Logan will return at DE from injury last year. He may be the best player on an already good defense.

Oh they will fall but the question is how far? They still have a good shot at playoffs but it could be a one and done year.