PDA

View Full Version : SIU should not be # 1

siugrad99
October 9th, 2005, 04:33 PM
This coming from an SIU grad and fan. I love my Dawgs, but know the difference between being the best and what we are playing like currently. Rankings are nice in about 4 weeks as they may sway a vote or 2 when it comes to home field or whatnot, bu t Montana I think deserves a shot at # 1 or maybe another team, but not SIU. Are we quality ... Yes, are we the best ... we won't know until December. Gateway has 6 solid teams and the winner of the conference which I stated in week 1 may have 2-3 loses and good chance at a co-champion.

Go Dawgs !

GoGSU
October 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I know, it should be Georgia Southern !! :p

catbob
October 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
This coming from an SIU grad and fan. I love my Dawgs, but know the difference between being the best and what we are playing like currently. Rankings are nice in about 4 weeks as they may sway a vote or 2 when it comes to home field or whatnot, bu t Montana I think deserves a shot at # 1 or maybe another team, but not SIU. Are we quality ... Yes, are we the best ... we won't know until December. Gateway has 6 solid teams and the winner of the conference which I stated in week 1 may have 2-3 loses and good chance at a co-champion.

Go Dawgs !

You just know what has happened to #1s all season!

siugrad99
October 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
That is true, but in all honesty we aren't the best team in 1 AA and haven't played up to the expectations set for the team by the Alumni, Fans and Coaching staff. We have a lot of work to do if we want to compete for the Gateway championship much less a playoff bid.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2005, 08:38 PM
That is true, but in all honesty we aren't the best team in 1 AA and haven't played up to the expectations set for the team by the Alumni, Fans and Coaching staff. We have a lot of work to do if we want to compete for the Gateway championship much less a playoff bid.
Pessimist. The Dawgs are one INT on a final drive against a I-A from being undefeated at this point. The Salukis will no doubt be ranked #1 in some polls with UNH going down in flames. That is just how polls work. The thing is, at this point, not to put too much stock in it and to use it as a motivator to keep winning. Winning the Gateway again will be no easy task, but will be good preparation for the post season. There is always a lot of work to do if you want to stay on top.