PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Game of the Year

tarmac
May 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.newlifeart.com/index.html

Syntax Error
May 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.newlifeart.com/index.html"Believed to be the biggest upset in football history, Appalachian State became the first Division I-AA team to defeat a ranked Division I school. Julian Rauch kicked a 24-yard field goal with 26 seconds remaining as Appalachian State took a 34-32 lead over fifth- ranked Michigan."

Problem, "I-AA" did not exist in 2007 and many have defeated "ranked Division I" schools.

OL FU
May 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Never heard of the award before, but it was a hellava gamexthumbsupx

Retro
May 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Daniel Moore is the best sports artist out there. I have several Alabama prints from the past and unlike some artist, he actually paints a new picture from a certain moment / scene in a game, not touched up aor air brushed photos, etc.. Some of his early Alabama prints are now worth several thousand dollars..xthumbsupx

HighRyder08
May 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
those prints are unreal... so realistic

CopperCat
May 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
blah blah blahxblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

More of the same.xcoffeex

SideLine Shooter
May 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
blah blah blahxblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

More of the same.xcoffeex

Ah, go play in a tornado!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

uofmman1122
May 23rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
As wonderful as that is, my game of 2007 definitely was EWU vs. Montana (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtsOIS7oGag).

Bagley's catch was the play of the season for me, and I still get chills watching it. (At 4:08...I really wish they used Mick on the highlights, but oh well...)

CopperCat
May 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Ah, go play in a tornado!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx
not funny

Grizalltheway
May 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM
As wonderful as that is, my game of 2007 definitely was EWU vs. Montana (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtsOIS7oGag).

Bagley's catch was the play of the season for me, and I still get chills watching it. (At 4:08...I really wish they used Mick on the highlights, but oh well...)

My heart's never been as high up in my throat as it was on that play. xeekx xeekx

ericsaid
May 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
who is this michigan you speak of?

As of a matter of the game of the year, it's all a matter of opinion.

blackfordpu
May 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM
SHSU at NDSU has to be in the mix as well.

skinny_uncle
May 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, boy.
Another chance for App fans to pat themselves on the back.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

AppAlum2003
May 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Oh, boy.
Another chance for App fans to pat themselves on the back.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey, check the other posts in this thread. Everyone is just absolutely sure that his/her team is the best. It's not just App fans. Get over it.

uofmman1122
May 25th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Hey, check the other posts in this thread. Everyone is just absolutely sure that his/her team is the best. It's not just App fans. Get over it.I never said that I thought Montana vs. EWU was THE game of the year 2007, it was simply MY game of the year 2007. In a general pool of every single college football game the past year, I would probably say that App vs. Michigan was the game of the year, but I'm not an App. State fan, so it's not MY game of the year. In fact, only two posters even mentioned other games, myself and blackfordpu, and in neither of those posts did either of us mention our teams superiority what-so-ever.

Before you mentioned it, not a single person said any team was better than any other team. Typical App fan turning seemingly normal, harmless threads into an "App is better than you" thread. Oh wait, this thread was hardly normal and harmless to begin with.xrolleyesxxlolx

AppAlum2003
May 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I never said that I thought Montana vs. EWU was THE game of the year 2007, it was simply MY game of the year 2007. In a general pool of every single college football game the past year, I would probably say that App vs. Michigan was the game of the year, but I'm not an App. State fan, so it's not MY game of the year. In fact, only two posters even mentioned other games, myself and blackfordpu, and in neither of those posts did either of us mention our teams superiority what-so-ever.

Before you mentioned it, not a single person said any team was better than any other team. Typical App fan turning seemingly normal, harmless threads into an "App is better than you" thread. Oh wait, this thread was hardly normal and harmless to begin with.xrolleyesxxlolx

The "is the best" comment is reserved for this conversation. In this case, it would pertain to his/her team having the "best" game of the year. And look, I don't know why you're so hard up for an argument in every single thread. Every team has it's share of homers... App, UM, everyone.

Oh, and by the way, App vs. Mich doesn't even get my vote for game of the year. If we're including the playoffs, I'm voting for UM vs. Wofford. I know it congers up some bad memories for you UM fans, but what a game! Listened to the whole second half on the internet.

uofmman1122
May 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
The "is the best" comment is reserved for this conversation. In this case, it would pertain to his/her team having the "best" game of the year. And look, I don't know why you're so hard up for an argument in every single thread. Every team has it's share of homers... App, UM, everyone.

Oh, and by the way, App vs. Mich doesn't even get my vote for game of the year. If we're including the playoffs, I'm voting for UM vs. Wofford. I know it congers up some bad memories for you UM fans, but what a game! Listened to the whole second half on the internet.What did you expect? xoopsxYou made a baseless statement in your last post about every single poster claiming something that not one of them had even mentioned. I hope you also noticed that really exercised a lot of self control in making my first post in this thread sensible and argument-free. xlolx

I also feel that Wofford vs. UM was an amazing game. Probably one of the best all year. However, if that was just an attempt at cheap smack, you'll have to do better than that. xcoffeex

AppAlum2003
May 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
What did you expect? xoopsxYou made a baseless statement in your last post about every single poster claiming something that not one of them had even mentioned. I hope you also noticed that really exercised a lot of self control in making my first post in this thread sensible and argument-free. xlolx

I also feel that Wofford vs. UM was an amazing game. Probably one of the best all year. However, if that was just an attempt at cheap smack, you'll have to do better than that. xcoffeex

No smack intended at all... great game. It sucks to lose like that, but both teams played hard and wanted that victory more than anything in the world.