PDA

View Full Version : 'Gate RB Prospect Shows Up at Georgia Tech

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
http://gtsports.blogspot.com/2008/05/football-welcome-home-boys.html

PRESTON LYONS
Another running back - this time a B-back candidate. He comes from Colgate by way of Marist High School. That's right - another hometown kid. He's about 6'1" 200lb. He should have 2-3 years to play.

High School: A 2007 graduate of the Marist School in Atlanta, Georgia … lettered and started three years with the War Eagles … played fullback in his senior season … served as a game captain in his senior year … carried 184 times for 1,451 yards and 22 touchdowns and caught eight passes for 71 as a senior … rushed for a school record 3,707 career yards and 61 touchdowns … had 4,074 career all-purpose yards … his 2006 team was Georgia state runner up in Class AAAA … was first team all-state, first team all-DeKalb County and first team all-Northside Atlanta … set school record of career rushing yards (3,707) and career touchdowns (61) … team’s most valuable back … coached by Alan Chadwick.

Personal: Major is undeclared … parents are Coleman and Joanne Lyons of Atlanta, Georgia … born August 9, 1988 in Greenwich, Connecticut … has one brother and sister … full name is Preston Zech Lyons.

:(

Go...gate
May 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Not good news.

ngineer
May 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Sounds like he was homesick---can't blame as southerner being exposed to Colgate's 'frozen tundra'...;) Rare that the transfer goes from FCS to FBS.

PLLB
May 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
um yeah he walked on at georgia tech and he was never going to play at Colgate.

carney2
May 23rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Rare that the transfer goes from FCS to FBS.

Not unheard of, however. A fullback named Williams bailed out of Lafayette on the heels of Artie Rothkopf's* "We did a study which, among other things considered dropping our programs to D-III and/or dropping football altogether" fiasco. He walked on at Penn State and actually got some playing time in his final two years - on defense, I think.

*Artie, as a fellow alum, we love you. We merely pray that you spend eternity roasting in the nether reaches.

Go...gate
May 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Sounds like he was homesick---can't blame as southerner being exposed to Colgate's 'frozen tundra'...;) Rare that the transfer goes from FCS to FBS.

He's a wimp. :p

CopperCat
May 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
He's a wimp. :p

(I don't remember what year it was) I'll never forget that year that Colgate went deep in the playoffs when I turned on the TV to see what was a virtual white-out during a semi-final playoff game at Colgate. Crazy.xeekx

TheValleyRaider
May 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
(I don't remember what year it was) I'll never forget that year that Colgate went deep in the playoffs when I turned on the TV to see what was a virtual white-out during a semi-final playoff game at Colgate. Crazy.xeekx

That was 2003 xnodx

http://www.powerandclass.info/ummb_2003/pix2003/11-29-colgate/DSC_0812.jpg

If anyone has any pictures from the WIU game the next week, there was even more snow xnodx

Seawolf97
May 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
The snow belt of New York State-gotta love it!

Go...gate
May 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
That was 2003 xnodx

http://www.powerandclass.info/ummb_2003/pix2003/11-29-colgate/DSC_0812.jpg

If anyone has any pictures from the WIU game the next week, there was even more snow xnodx

Perfect football weather, played on a natural surface (Permafrost - are you listening, MPLS?), on a lovely November day. A little Southern Comfort and it's a beautiful afternoon. How could you trade THIS for the Deep South? :D

Baldy
May 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Perfect football weather, played on a natural surface (Permafrost - are you listening, MPLS?), on a lovely November day. A little Southern Comfort and it's a beautiful afternoon. How could you trade THIS for the Deep South? :D

I can think of a few. :D ;)

http://blog.thefanyard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/hot_for_gods.jpg

Go...gate
May 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Put her in a cashmere sweater and a big parka over the bikini, and get her to remove them at an appropriate time and place after the game! Snow football rules! :) xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Go...gate,

Isn't that Spring Phenomenon of seeing the SYT's on campus shed those parkas a truly special experience!! Every Spring guys on Snow Belt campuses are heard to exclaim "Wow, I never knew she looked like that!" xeekx xeekx xeekx

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I-AA Fan
May 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
um yeah he walked on at georgia tech and he was never going to play at Colgate.

??? I could not agree more. Looks like the most talented prep back Colgate could have had. Those stats out of a quad-A school. He is clearly IA material. He will lose 1 year with red shirt, & have 3 left which will be on scholarship.

MplsBison
May 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
can't blame as southerner being exposed to Colgate's 'frozen tundra'...;)

Cold weather keeps out the riff raff.

Go...gate
May 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Go...gate,

Isn't that Spring Phenomenon of seeing the SYT's on campus shed those parkas a truly special experience!! Every Spring guys on Snow Belt campuses are heard to exclaim "Wow, I never knew she looked like that!" xeekx xeekx xeekx

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You are absolutely correct, my friend. Like a butterfly out of the chrysathlis. It's one of the great things about being in the northeast generally.