PDA

View Full Version : FINAL OFFICIAL Nicholls State Schedule!

Keeper
May 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM
09/04/08 at New Mexico State Las Cruces, NM 7:30 p.m. CT
09/13/08 vs. Bowie State THIBODAUX, LA 6:00 p.m. CT
09/20/08 at Memphis Memphis, TN 7:00 p.m. CT
10/04/08 at Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, IA 4:00 p.m. CT
10/11/08 at Northwestern State * Natchitoches, LA 6:00 p.m. CT
10/18/08 vs. Stephen F. Austin * THIBODAUX, LA 2:00 p.m. CT
10/25/08 at Mcneese State * Lake Charles, LA 7:00 p.m. CT
11/01/08 vs. Central Arkansas * THIBODAUX, LA 6:30 p.m. CT
11/08/08 vs. Sam Houston State * THIBODAUX, LA 4:00 p.m. CT
11/15/08 at Texas State * San Marcos, TX 3:00 p.m. CT
11/22/08 vs. Southeastern Louisiana * THIBODAUX, LA 4:00 p.m.

The UNI game is not yet posted on UNI website.

I believe this is the last schedule in place unless N Dakota adds 1 more.

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2008, 06:16 PM
We were waiting on the UNI game, though I was thinking that may not happen this year. I am surprised that they are heading to Cedar Falls as I think they were trying to get a game for that first week (prior to the NMST contest) at home considering they are on the road four of the first five games of the season. Thought we'd see a non-Div I or perhaps some late-season drop that landed on the slate.

Bright side is UNI is going to return the game, so that will be a very attractive game which I hope my schedule allows me to attend. Can't make SHSU-Nicholls this year in Thibodaux due to a conflict.

Reed Rothchild
May 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm very happy that UNI got a 12th game this year. Especially since its a home game vs an FCS opponent. Thanks Nichols!!!

GeauxLions94
May 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM
I'm very happy that UNI got a 12th game this year. Especially since its a home game vs an FCS opponent. Thanks Nichols!!!

And I'm pretty sure Nicholls State fans are pretty happy to get an 11th game (against a quality opponent who will return the trip).

Thanks UNI

Chi Panther
May 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM
xthumbsupx Good to seexthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM
2009...looking forward to UNI's visit to the Cajun Corner! You guys let me know if you are staying in NOLA and I'll try to get together with you (if I'm still here).

Hoping 2009 also will be a nice trip to Hammond to see SLU vs Alcorn St!

andy7171
May 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
You guys are going to THROTTLE Bowie State!

UNI MadCat
May 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
Bright side is UNI is going to return the game, so that will be a very attractive game which I hope my schedule allows me to attend. Can't make SHSU-Nicholls this year in Thibodaux due to a conflict.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but there is no return game in this deal. It's a one year agreement.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry to disappoint you guys but there is no return game in this deal. It's a one year agreement.

That's unfortunate. I was under the impression that it was a home-and-home based on a mention in a newspaper article that I read. That's a shame, if true, that UNI won't be coming this way.

UNI MadCat
May 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
That's unfortunate. I was under the impression that it was a home-and-home based on a mention in a newspaper article that I read. That's a shame, if true, that UNI won't be coming this way.

Well, you could be right TT. Our paper says its a one-year agreement. If yours says its a H&H, then somebody has their facts wrong. I'm not opposed to a H&H with a quality FCS opponent so I wouldn't be disappointed if our paper was wrong.

GeauxColonels
May 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm glad to see an out of conference FCS opponent on the slate. I was getting really tired of Southern Arkansas. I just really wish we could get some FCS schools to come down here in September.

TColonel
May 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Originally, it was going to be a H/H, but from what I heard, UNI put up over six figures for a one time game. On another note, Nicholls is still considering opening the season with a sub D-I game, but I think the chances of that happening are very slim as finding a team is not easy and coaches are somewhat hesitant on scheduling 12 games.

Scheduling for the Colonels was very difficult this year as opposing coaches do not want to play the option, so they tend to say no quickly and Nicholls is not in a financial situation where a coach will bring his team to Thiboduax for "big" money and a loss.

TheBisonator
May 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Even though you travel to New Mexico State and Memphis, the toughest game for you will ironically be Northern Iowa.

Could we see Nicholls accomplishing this year what NDSU did last year (2 FBS wins)??

TheBisonator
May 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
I'm glad to see an out of conference FCS opponent on the slate. I was getting really tired of Southern Arkansas. I just really wish we could get some FCS schools to come down here in September.

You guys interested in another home/home with NDSU??

BayouColonel
May 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
As a fan I would want to do it. As a coach or athletic administrator maybe not.

Mountain Panther
May 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Even though you travel to New Mexico State and Memphis, the toughest game for you will ironically be Northern Iowa.

Could we see Nicholls accomplishing this year what NDSU did last year (2 FBS wins)??

Since when is Memphis bad?

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Anyone else notice this...?

The Nicholls State game, which is a one-year agreement with no return game in Thibodeaux, Texas, gives UNI a 12-game regular-season schedule for the first time in history, and it gives the Panthers six home dates after a 12-1 campaign that included the first undefeated regular season in the school’s Football Championship Subdivision history.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/05/22/news/breaking_news/doc48355c50d78bf999404885.txt

crunifan
May 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Anyone else notice this...?

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/05/22/news/breaking_news/doc48355c50d78bf999404885.txt

Are you referring to the Courier's great geography skills?

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM

Is this nothing new? Now where is this Thibodeaux, Texas? You'd think we'd have a town with that name...but nothing.

GeauxColonels
May 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well, that and the fact that they couldn't even Google the school on the net and learn how to spell Thibodaux.

As for a home and home with NDSU, I would LOVE it. You guys and South Dakota State are welcome in the bayou anytime as far as I'm concerned.

MplsBison
May 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
You guys interested in another home/home with NDSU??

We don't travel to FCS stadiums non conference anymore.

Sorry.

McNeese75
May 23rd, 2008, 11:06 PM

Sorry.

Then I guess we will never play the Bison unless it's playoff time xcoffeex

T-Dog
May 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Then I guess we will never play the Bison unless it's playoff time xcoffeex

I know. What's also more of a shame is that Mpls apparently pulls the strings at NDSU now with such a bold declaration. xnonono2x

Good schedule for pulling it out this late in the year.

Herdman
May 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM

Sorry.I did not know Bison were such elitests. How did that happen?

MplsBison
May 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Then I guess we will never play the Bison unless it's playoff time

Correct.

And I look forward to it! Too bad we couldn't work something out with McNeese when we were still in transition.

813Jag
May 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Well, that and the fact that they couldn't even Google the school on the net and learn how to spell Thibodaux.

As for a home and home with NDSU, I would LOVE it. You guys and South Dakota State are welcome in the bayou anytime as far as I'm concerned.
SDSU is welcome in Louisiana as long as they zoom through Baton Rouge. xlolx

JayJ79
May 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Looking at their 2007 schedule: yes, they did go 7-5, but that was against mostly c-usa competition, which none of their wins really impressed me overmuch. And they lost their bowl game against florida atlantic.

So Nicholls State could have their toughest game against the Panthers. In any case, I'd take that comment as a compliment to UNI, and not argue with it. But that's just me.

JayJ79
May 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Some people over at PantherNation (http://www.panthernation.com) (a UNI fan forum/board) were curious as to whether there was a Nicholls State fan board anywhere on the web, for some friendly pregame intercollegiate fan interaction.

McTailGator
May 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Now where is this Thibodeaux, Texas?

LOL

i think it's just across the border from BOUDREAUX, Oklahoma. xlmaox

TexasTerror
May 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Some people over at PantherNation (http://www.panthernation.com) (a UNI fan forum/board) were curious as to whether there was a Nicholls State fan board anywhere on the web, for some friendly pregame intercollegiate fan interaction.

It's a Delphi forum...not too much activity, but nice bunch.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/nicholls

TheBisonator
May 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I did not know Bison were such elitests. How did that happen?

MplsBison does not speak for the vast majority of Bison fans. He's as bellicose, rigid and dense as you're ever gonna see someone. I'm just sorry there's somebody like that going around claiming to be a fan of my team.

MplsBison
May 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Being an ex equipment guy who got kicked off the staff does not make it your team.

Syntax Error
May 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Could we see Nicholls accomplishing this year what NDSU did last year (2 FBS wins)??Though they play 3 of 4 OOC on the road, there's a good chance to go 3-1 before conference play.

JohnStOnge
May 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM

They got really thrashed by Florida Atlantic in their bowl game last year. That was pretty bad.

onbison09
May 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
MplsBison does not speak for the vast majority of Bison fans. He's as bellicose, rigid and dense as you're ever gonna see someone. I'm just sorry there's somebody like that going around claiming to be a fan of my team.

++++ Got that right

TheBisonator
May 26th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Being an ex equipment guy who got kicked off the staff does not make it your team.

I left on my own will, because they ran out of money to pay me. I was not kicked off.

AGS Admin, can you give MplsBison a warning for making up untruthful rumours about another poster?? Thanx.