PDA

View Full Version : Fast Oklahoma State CB to Montana?

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Having lost a chance to get Hank Therien we might have a CB out of Oklahoma State (Andrew Alexander) transfer to Montana. He is the one of fastest kids on the team and has run a 4.26 forty in the past and ran a 4.30 at Pro Timing Day this spring. Alexander is said to be good friends with Eric Allen, the OSU WR that is already at Montana.

A blub from the OSU website.

"The theme through out the entire secondary this season seems to be speed. During pro timing day in the spring a number of players from the cowboys secondary recorded sub 4.4 forty times. Darrent Williams was timed at a blazing 4.28, while Robert Jones was timed at 4.38. Other impressive times were strong safety Vernon Grant at 4.32, back up strong safety Grant Jones at 4.35, back up cornerback Andrew Alexander at 4.30 and the most incredible time of the day went to former track-star and now back up cornerback Daniel McLemore at 4.12. In total 25 members of the Cowboy football team run sub 4.5 forty times making this the fastest Oklahoma State football team in history."

Andrew Alexander Profile (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=18537&Q_SEASON=2003)

One of the Idaho Griz fans talked to Hank Therien this week and he can't come to Montana because of grades. Said he wanted to but things didn't work out.

Eaglegus2
April 24th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Not having the grades is why he is looking for another school.

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 11:07 AM
He told our fan that he might not even play this season.

HensRock
April 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
"...and the most incredible time of the day went to former track-star and now back up cornerback Daniel McLemore at 4.12..."

:lmao:
That says a ton. A 4.12 calls into SERIOUS question every other time on this list!

Baldy
April 24th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Yep, sounds like a coach has an itchy trigger finger.

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
What makes you think they used hand timing on pro timing day. I would bet they had an electronic timing unit. My understanding is that Alexander ran a 4.26 for a Nike camp and they use electonic timers.

eaglesrthe1
April 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050418-9999-1s18forty.html

Interesting read on 40 times.

Bronco
April 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Great 40 story...thanks for the info.

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 05:50 PM
That's interesting reading but you still have a very fast set of CB's at OSU. Go ahead and add .25 to their times and they are now 4.4 to 4.6. An average I-AA Corner has a 4.5 timed 40 so that makes an average I-AA CB a true 4.75 speed in the 40. So Alexander at a true 4.55 will be one of the fastest Corners in I-AA.

Tribe4SF
April 24th, 2005, 06:20 PM
They may have good speed, but those times are not possible. Several guys at one school and all in the secondary who are as fast, or faster than Jerome Mathis and Deon Sanders. Laughable.

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
The article says add .25 to 40's. So that's 4.4 to 4.6, what's so laughable about that?

Hey the corners on your team Tribe will now be 4.7 to 4.8, now that's laughable. :D

Tribe4SF
April 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
The article says add .25 to 40's. So that's 4.4 to 4.6, what's so laughable about that?

Hey the corners on your team Tribe will now be 4.7 to 4.8, now that's laughable. :D

I meant the article on OSU was laughable. I also said they obviously have good speed. Don't be so touchy.

mikebigg
April 24th, 2005, 08:04 PM
:lmao:
That says a ton. A 4.12 calls into SERIOUS question every other time on this list!

I "know" him through some mutual friends... this kid is FAST!!!! Not sure he's 4.12 but he is one fast little cat.

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I meant the article on OSU was laughable. I also said they obviously have good speed. Don't be so touchy.

Put the smiley face Tribe, that means it's being said in good fun. You are now being the touchy one. ;)

grizchik
April 24th, 2005, 09:29 PM
They may have good speed, but those times are not possible. Several guys at one school and all in the secondary who are as fast, or faster than Jerome Mathis and Deon Sanders. Laughable.
Conditions are everything...even surface can make an incredible difference. Everything is relative. I think the bottom line relating to this thread is that Alexander sounds like a real score for the Griz!

blur2005
April 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050418-9999-1s18forty.html

Interesting read on 40 times.
Quite informative. I wonder how many GM's know this?

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Having lost a chance to get Hank Therien we might have a CB out of Oklahoma State (Andrew Alexander) transfer to Montana. He is the one of fastest kids on the team and has run a 4.26 forty in the past and ran a 4.30 at Pro Timing Day this spring. Alexander is said to be good friends with Eric Allen, the OSU WR that is already at Montana.

A blub from the OSU website.

"The theme through out the entire secondary this season seems to be speed. During pro timing day in the spring a number of players from the cowboys secondary recorded sub 4.4 forty times. Darrent Williams was timed at a blazing 4.28, while Robert Jones was timed at 4.38. Other impressive times were strong safety Vernon Grant at 4.32, back up strong safety Grant Jones at 4.35, back up cornerback Andrew Alexander at 4.30 and the most incredible time of the day went to former track-star and now back up cornerback Daniel McLemore at 4.12. In total 25 members of the Cowboy football team run sub 4.5 forty times making this the fastest Oklahoma State football team in history."

Andrew Alexander Profile (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=18537&Q_SEASON=2003)

One of the Idaho Griz fans talked to Hank Therien this week and he can't come to Montana because of grades. Said he wanted to but things didn't work out.

WHAAAAAA?....YOU GUYS ACCEPT TRANSFERS :confused: [email protected]/montanatransferU.

Ronbo
April 25th, 2005, 07:37 PM
WHAAAAAA?....YOU GUYS ACCEPT TRANSFERS :confused: [email protected]/montanatransferU.

As Kramer would say, " Oohhh! Yeeeaaaahhhh!"

blueballs
April 26th, 2005, 08:54 AM
...but can he play?

HensRock
April 26th, 2005, 09:55 AM

Read the article. What's laughable is that even a 4.4 electronic time is dubious. If you extrapolate to what the article was saying about Ben Johnson's Olympic run (he .02 under world record time at both the 50 and 60 meter points) that would place a current "theoretical" World Record time for the 40 yard dash at 4.40 seconds. The rediculousness of a 4.12 is simply off the charts - even if you add the .25.

Now when you consider that these other times were recorded at the same event, probably using the same technique and same person, it calls them all into question.

polsongrizz
April 26th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Its a conspiracy no doubt about it ;)

putter
April 26th, 2005, 10:16 AM
I am not too worried about track times. They don't run those times with pads on anyway so who cares? I care if he is a good athlete who can play the game.

Ronbo
April 26th, 2005, 10:57 AM
If the players speed wasn't important Putter they wouldn't pay so much attention to it. One of the factors when a IAA plays a 1A is the speed difference you see. 1A's are typically noticably faster to the ball and the DB's are not beat as easily.

As far as the OSU player that ran the 4.12. You can add the .25 and come out at 4.4 and it is believable as it states that he was a track star. I read an article once that said the world's fastest athletes could reside in the NFL and NBA. The glory and money of Football and Basketball lure the best athletes to these sports over Track.