PDA

View Full Version : Make room in the top 5 for Cal-Poly

pwbnd
October 8th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Absolutely manhandled the Bison tonight. Only loss this season to I-A Troy. The Mustangs are the real deal.

Go Bison!!

Stang Fever
October 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I second that

Baldy
October 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, but Troy absolutely sucks. ;)

blur2005
October 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM
They're 4th in my week 6 poll.

ngineer
October 8th, 2005, 11:22 PM
They'll certainly be there or very close in my opinion. Impressive win tonight.

Coastal89
October 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Though I didn't post it earlier this week, I had a strong feeling that Poly would win this one easily.

slostang
October 8th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Troy may suck in I-A but there still I-A. Cal Played that game with out their starting QB and RB. Poly gave them 17 points on two botched fake punts inside the 20 and and fumbled punt inside the 20. A totally different Cal Poly team now.

youwouldno
October 9th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Too late. Cal Poly was already in my top 5 with room to spare.

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2005, 01:15 AM
If both teams keep winning, could Cal Poly @ Montana be the biggest non-conference matchup of the season?

slostang
October 9th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Cal Poly will do there part, they have a bye this week. I'll be at the game in Missoula. Can not wait.

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Cal Poly will do there part, they have a bye this week. I'll be at the game in Missoula. Can not wait.

Should be a good one. I don't think the Mustangs have ever beaten the Griz.....But this could be the year -- Montana better come ready to play!

DaGriz
October 9th, 2005, 10:41 AM

Have you been to Missoula for a game? Should be a good one. Hopefully it's a high scoring shootout.

Tribe4SF
October 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I have Cal Poly #2 this week. Montana #3.

slostang
October 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
DaGriz,

I have not been to Missoula yet but I hear it is the Mecca of I-AA football. The game day atmosphere is unmatched. Poly has played Montana tough in previous years but has yet to post a win in 9 attempts. Could this be the year? I think this game is shapping up to be one of the better games in the West this year. Nice game against ISU and good luck next week.

DaGriz
October 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I have not been to Missoula yet but I hear it is the Mecca of I-AA football. The game day atmosphere is unmatched. Poly has played Montana tough in previous years but has yet to post a win in 9 attempts. Could this be the year? I think this game is shapping up to be one of the better games in the West this year. Nice game against ISU and good luck next week.

Post on egriz.com if you want a run down of places to go and things to see while you are there. Make sure to hit the tail gates early Sat. and wear Poly colors and the drinks should be free.

JBB
October 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
If both teams keep winning, could Cal Poly @ Montana be the biggest non-conference matchup of the season?
It seems like wherever Poly goes its a big game. It was a big game last night, and one that left no doubt they are good. Each week the games will get bigger and only time will tell how far they will go. The Mustangs are a good football team and a real contender for the national championship right now, thats for sure!

Stang Fever
October 9th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Should be a good one...Poly will come into that game ranked as high as 5th in the nation...cause they have a Bye this week...so you never know who is going to loose in front of them

colgate13
October 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Too late. Cal Poly was already in my top 5 with room to spare.

Ditto. They are now #3.

eaglesrthe1
October 10th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Though I didn't post it earlier this week, I had a strong feeling that Poly would win this one easily.

I'll let you all know next Sunday how I think this weekends games will turn out. I won't tell you now, but let's just say I have some strong feelings on this. :D :D

AmsterBison
October 10th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Even though I thought NDSU was in for a tough time, I never in a million years thought they'd get beat this bad. NDSU prides itself on stopping the run and Cal Poly lives by the run. NDSU looked helpless on defense. Cal Poly is a darn good team and they have some new offensive weapons since last year. What a drubbing!

BTW, which number doesn't belong: 9, 0, 0, 2, 3, 3, 3, 31? (these are how far NDSU was down at the end of regulation in their 7 losses since Coach Bohl took over).