PDA

View Full Version : vote for money edwards.

DLS
May 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.spreadoffense.com/ssp/defend_spreadoption

a hiesman would be cool.

ericsaid
May 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, he won't win but some consideration would be great.

stevdock
May 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Don't get me wrong I respect App St. for everything that they do and I think Edwards is a great player, but he will not win the Heismann. So a vote for Edwards is the same thing as voting for an independent for President, you're just throwing your vote away.

Appguy
May 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
hes not doin too bad in this poll, thrown away vote, I think not....
hes like 5 percent from Tebow
As far as the actual Heisman we cant actually vote but just being like a finalist (like Mcnair) would be pretty cool

ericsaid
May 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Just being mentioned is great.

But he won't be satisfied with that, if he stays healthy all season, i can see a 2,000+ passing and possibly 2,000+ rushing(a stretch yes, but possible).

uofmman1122
May 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM

But he won't be satisfied with that, if he stays healthy all season, i can see a 2,000+ passing and possibly 2,000+ rushing(a stretch yes, but possible).LOL

And then in 2009, since he'll be a senior, he's totally going to break Ty Detmer's and Dave Klingler's Passing records, and Barry Sander's Rushing record in the same season because he's clearly the greatest human ever to walk to earth. EVER.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Oh, you App fans....

Appguy
May 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
LOL

And then in 2009, since he'll be a senior, he's totally going to break Ty Detmer's and Dave Klingler's Passing records, and Barry Sander's Rushing record in the same season because he's clearly the greatest human ever to walk to earth. EVER.

Oh, you App fans....

Why is it so funny, what was posted above by ericsaid isn't out of the question....

Jerbearasu
May 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Why is it so funny, what was posted above by ericsaid isn't out of the question....

Agreed. ericsaid can be very homerish at times but when you think realistically of Money missing 4 games this year and coming shy of 50 yards passing to 2k and 400 yards rushing to 2k it isn't that far fetched that he could get it... Not too tough to imagine him averaging 12 yards passing and 100 rushing in those 4 games to break it...

McNeese75
May 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Agreed. ericsaid can be very homerish at times but when you think realistically of Money missing 4 games this year and coming shy of 50 yards passing to 2k and 400 yards rushing to 2k it isn't that far fetched that he could get it... Not too tough to imagine him averaging 12 yards passing and 100 rushing in those 4 games to break it...

Keep passing it around Guys xlolx

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/files/old/050228910-bong.jpg

Skjellyfetti
May 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM
So saying Armanti Edwards can pass for 12 yards in a game and run for 100 = stoned gibberish?

GOKATS
May 18th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Edwards is a helluva athlete, but no way in hell is he Heisman caliber- Tebow will win again in my opinion barring injury, etc. JMO

appmountaineer
May 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure any of us app fans believe he'll win...that’s not even the point. The point is if he gets recognized during the next two years, he could have a legitimate shot of attending the Heisman ceremony in NY. Now he'll probably have as good as a chance as Mcnair did...but still, an FCS player attending the ceremony would make app fans and FCS fans alike cheer.

Appguy
May 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Alright he passed Teobow in this poll!

Cleets
May 18th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Don't get me wrong I respect App St. for everything that they do and I think Edwards is a great player, but he will not win the Heismann. So a vote for Edwards is the same thing as voting for an independent for President, you're just throwing your vote away.

Possibly the stupidest post of all time...
so what should we do vote for some guy from Ohio State or Michigan (who APP. beat)

Dude... Reel in the hate.. and get with the program, we're an FCS board and our votes (none of them) should ever go to a BCS team player - we've got the talent to beat their best

xoopsx

gophoenix
May 19th, 2008, 06:09 AM

But he won't be satisfied with that, if he stays healthy all season, i can see a 2,000+ passing and possibly 2,000+ rushing(a stretch yes, but possible).

Because that would be in 16+ games. Not the regular season. It's easy to break tons of records when you play nearly half a season more than most teams.

xrolleyesx

1) Voting for a third party is not throwing your vote away. Heck, if everyone that thought that actually voted for a third party, the political landscape would be changed.

2) Voting for Heisman compared to voting for political elections? xlolx

SideLine Shooter
May 19th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Alright he passed Teobow in this poll!

Hey, He should pass Tebow. Armanti beat Michigan and Tebow didn't..xnodx xthumbsupx xnodx xthumbsupx xshakingmadx xdizzyx

CopperCat
May 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hey, He should pass Tebow. Armanti beat Michigan and Tebow didn't..xnodx xthumbsupx xnodx xthumbsupx xshakingmadx xdizzyx

The ONLY reason Armanti is getting votes for this is because App St beat Michigan. No way in hellz he gets any votes if they would have lost that game. The point is that he is really being recognized for one game, whereas the rest of the candidates are being recognized for their entire season. Seems sort of lopsided when you look at it.

Skjellyfetti
May 19th, 2008, 08:09 AM
The point is that he is really being recognized for one game

I don't think that's entirely true. The Richmond performance on national tv was just as beneficial imo.

Appaholic
May 19th, 2008, 08:12 AM
LOL

Oh, you App fans....

Love the hate from UM fans.......but it's got to hurt knowing Dave Dickenson couldn't even be Armanti's waterboy.....xwhistlex

SideLine Shooter
May 19th, 2008, 08:25 AM
The ONLY reason Armanti is getting votes for this is because App St beat Michigan. No way in hellz he gets any votes if they would have lost that game. The point is that he is really being recognized for one game, whereas the rest of the candidates are being recognized for their entire season. Seems sort of lopsided when you look at it.

Not exactly. In my travels across the country I come into contact with football fans everywhere. The true football fan, not only FBS fans that keep up with what is going on in football even before the ASU-Michigan game were aware of ASU and Armanti Edwards. I can't tell you how many people across the country would see me with an ASU shirt on and come to me and start talking about ASU Football and Armanti. This was before the Michigan game and you can imagine what it has been like since the Michigan game.

I was in Vegas after the '06 Championship Game with my ASU shirt on and walking thru the lobby of a hotel and a man from Ohio came up to me and started telling me about his son who was a running back at a H.S. in Ohio. His son had started watching ASU during the '05 Playoffs and got hooked on ASU, Richie Williams, and Coach Moore. He said his son had ASU tshirts and even a jersey and had continued to follow ASU ever since and thru the '06 Championship Game. He said his son wanted to play football for ASU. Now, this is coming from a H.S. kid In The State of OHIO. If you are from the state of Ohio you are raised on OHIO STATE FOOTBALL. Yet this young man was an enormous fan of ASU. This was even before the Michigan game. Can you begin to imagine how many more fans ASU has in the state of Ohio now?

Armanti doesn't stand a chance in Haiti of winning the H-Trophy, not because he doesn't have the ability or the numbers. Because the National Media is not willing to recognize someone from a FCS school. Just like Herbstreet the morning of the ASU-Michigan game.

And by the way FTG06', I changed my avatar just for you, yea right!

stevdock
May 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Possibly the stupidest post of all time...
so what should we do vote for some guy from Ohio State or Michigan (who APP. beat)

Dude... Reel in the hate.. and get with the program, we're an FCS board and our votes (none of them) should ever go to a BCS team player - we've got the talent to beat their best

xoopsx

So I should vote for Edwards just because my team is an FCS team and then I automatically should think the best FCS player is better than any player in FBS. Ummm let me think .... NO. How about we think logically instead of with Homerisms?

APPALACHIANstate
May 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
So I should vote for Edwards just because my team is an FCS team and then I automatically should think the best FCS player is better than any player in FBS. Ummm let me think .... NO. How about we think logically instead of with Homerisms?

Yeah, its not like he has ever proved himself against a good FBS team...

Appaholic
May 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Yes......it's kind of like NDSU getting votes in the national poll the past two years even though they could not prove they were the best team in FCS.......xsmiley_wix

Cleets
May 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM

You should do whatever you want... xlolx
But may I suggest finding an FCS player to support

xoopsx

stevdock
May 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, its not like he has ever proved himself against a good FBS team...

1 FBS team does not mean he could do it against 11 teams like Tebow will have to do. Is he good?? Yes. Could he do it the whole year against FBS? Who knows.

Yes......it's kind of like NDSU getting votes in the national poll the past two years even though they could not prove they were the best team in FCS.......xsmiley_wix

You are absolutely right. I never understood the point of us being included in the national polls anyways.

You should do whatever you want... xlolx
But may I suggest finding an FCS player to support

xoopsx

I do support FCS players, in fact they all wear the same uniform. College is about the name on the front, not the name on the back. Yes it helps to have a stud like Edwards, but it's still all about the team.

BeauFoster
May 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Bodog is at least giving him a shot...

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2008/05/another-heisman-close-encounter.html

Sure, it's 100/1. But remember what Lloyd Christmas told us all - "So you're tellin' me there's a chance?!?!"

neersnbeers
May 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Sure, it's 100/1. But remember what Lloyd Christmas told us all - "So you're tellin' me there's a chance?!?!"

Classicxnodx

OL FU
May 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I am voting for a bad case of stomach flu the morning of October 25:o

AppStFan76
May 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Just checked and AE is less than 1% away from leading that poll

Appinator
May 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Because that would be in 16+ games. Not the regular season. It's easy to break tons of records when you play nearly half a season more than most teams.

xrolleyesx

1) Voting for a third party is not throwing your vote away. Heck, if everyone that thought that actually voted for a third party, the political landscape would be changed.

2) Voting for Heisman compared to voting for political elections? xlolx

He had those numbers over the course of 16 games, but did not play in 4 of them. So really, those are a single season's worth of stats. He was one 100% health game at Wofford away from really coming close (assuming that he could have got the 53 passing yards easily to get to 2000 and put a dent in the 273 that he needed to have to get to 2000 on the ground)

I agree, having those stats over 16 games can't really be fairly compared to someone who maybe has only a conference championship game and a bowl game to their name. I think the real feat would be if Edwards can get to 2000/2000 in the regular season, but it is highly unlikely. He is a tough kid, but the beating that he gets from running and plowing over defenders like he does puts a lot of wear and tear on his soaking wet 190 pound frame.

phillyAPP
May 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
He had those numbers over the course of 16 games, but did not play in 4 of them. So really, those are a single season's worth of stats. He was one 100% health game at Wofford away from really coming close (assuming that he could have got the 53 passing yards easily to get to 2000 and put a dent in the 273 that he needed to have to get to 2000 on the ground)

I agree, having those stats over 16 games can't really be fairly compared to someone who maybe has only a conference championship game and a bowl game to their name. I think the real feat would be if Edwards can get to 2000/2000 in the regular season, but it is highly unlikely. He is a tough kid, but the beating that he gets from running and plowing over defenders like he does puts a lot of wear and tear on his soaking wet 190 pound frame.

Has he gained more weight ? ????????????

190 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could be 200- 210lbs. by his senior year !!!!!!!!

I think he is 175-180lbs. which is still better than 160lbs last year.

Appinator
May 20th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Has he gained more weight ? ????????????

190 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could be 200- 210lbs. by his senior year !!!!!!!!

I think he is 175-180lbs. which is still better than 160lbs last year.

I swore I thought I saw somewhere that he gained some weight, maybe it was just 180 though. Even still, you're right, it's better than 160.

AppStFan76
May 20th, 2008, 11:43 AM
From what I hear Armanti has gained weight, I've heard a few different things. But it aounds like he's at about 175-185. I saw him a few weeks ago and he's definately bigger than last season.

Just hope it doesnt slow him down

AppStFan76
May 20th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Just checked he's leading the poll now

MountainMan
May 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Even though he played in 12 games offically his number of minutes was closer to 10.5 games. He played just over a quarter at Wofford and missed a decent amount of time against GSU, and Western. Remeber he was only 53 yards away from being the first to throw for 2,000 and run for 1,500. So if you think about it the 2,000/2,000 isn't totally out of reach if he is completely healthy for the 12 game regular season. He wasn't 100% for any of the games before The Citadel, including Michigan!

I'm not saying he will do it, but it is possible given the right circumstances.

gophoenix
May 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Even though he played in 12 games offically his number of minutes was closer to 10.5 games. He played just over a quarter at Wofford and missed a decent amount of time against GSU, and Western. Remeber he was only 53 yards away from being the first to throw for 2,000 and run for 1,500. So if you think about it the 2,000/2,000 isn't totally out of reach if he is completely healthy for the 12 game regular season. He wasn't 100% for any of the games before The Citadel, including Michigan!

I'm not saying he will do it, but it is possible given the right circumstances.

He also played 87% of a game in which App scored 79 points. So, its not like Moore was pulling him out when the lead was big. And minutes played doesn't mean minutes off the field because you have a big lead.

SideLine Shooter
May 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
He also played 87% of a game in which App scored 79 points. So, its not like Moore was pulling him out when the lead was big. And minutes played doesn't mean minutes off the field because you have a big lead.

So, what's your point? It was not like they were trying to put points on the board. They just couldn't help it.xshakingmadx xdizzyx

DLS
May 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM
he was also fighting a cold during the richmond game.

gophoenix
May 20th, 2008, 02:30 PM
So, what's your point? It was not like they were trying to put points on the board. They just couldn't help it.xshakingmadx xdizzyx

My point is that one game could be considered running up the offensive numbers where most coaches would have been playing scrubs. That's not smack, it is the truth. There were a lot of App fans that accused Wofford of running up the score in their game with you guys, and they only scored one late touchdown. Edwards was still playing when App had 58 points against Western. And then, senior day. Trey Elder took App to one championship game and bailed App through the Edwards injury. He didn't even take a snap on his last real home game. And in fact, the last home game ever for Trey, and he had only two plays rushing late in the game. And App had a 20 point lead.

Whether they couldn't stop it or not isn't the point. You're talking stats. And I am sure he can reach the stats if other coaches would be subbing in bench players. Especially since Trey Elder didn't even play on Senior day or his last home game......

It's kind of the same way everyone accused Chad Nkang of getting all the tackles. Of course Edwards is going to wrack up the numbers when he played in 12 games and is rarely subbed out even when they are steamrolling teams.

he was also fighting a cold during the richmond game.

Uhm.... So? That didn't stop him from doing a a back flip in the end zone.....

Look, I am not hating on Edwards. He's an amazing athlete. But you guys also need to start looking at all this homerism from the perspective of all the other 126 schools.

AppGrad06
May 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I swore I thought I saw somewhere that he gained some weight, maybe it was just 180 though. Even still, you're right, it's better than 160.

I had read somewhere a couple months back that they have been trying to get him bulked up a little and that so far he put on about 10 pounds. I remember reading 190 as the total which is not bad.

Skjellyfetti
May 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman

CBS has him in one of their profiled spots:

This is not a mistake, Edwards is one of the best players in college football, even if it is I-AA. Remember Steve McNair? He finished third in the Heisman voting in 1994 while at Alcorn State and if Edwards can put up 2,000 passing and 2,000 rushing, he has to be considered.

lol. I guess CBS's writers are bong smoking App homers too?

xcoffeex

Edit to add:

I don't think he's going to win it, but if he has a good year and gets publicity I'll take it. Maybe they won't spend another semifinal game hyping Tebow and comment on the game being played.

gophoenix
May 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman

CBS has him in one of their profiled spots:

lol. I guess CBS's writers are bong smoking App homers too?

xcoffeex

They are saying IF.

That is different than what the rest of the people in this thread are saying.

Skjellyfetti
May 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
They are saying IF.

That is different than what the rest of the people in this thread are saying.

I don't think anyone said he was definetely going to get 2000/2000. They were saying it was possible and if he did he should be considered. Pretty much EXACTLY what CBS said.

It would be a big accomplishment and may not happen... but saying it's possible isn't worthy of a bong pic imo.

CharlestonAppFan
May 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
It lists him as a senior...am I missing something? xeyebrowx xlolx

appmountaineer
May 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Reading all this gust gets me too hyped for the season...Its just so far away.
It would be great to see him get close to 200 pounds for this season. 190 isn't bad, I just hope he doesn't get slower.

uofmman1122
May 20th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Look, I am not hating on Edwards. He's an amazing athlete. But you guys also need to start looking at all this homerism from the perspective of all the other 126 schools.Amen.

SideLine Shooter
May 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM

I think by reading most of the posts that everyone on here is thinking with Homerism rather than logically. If you and the rest of the hypocrites don't believe that just look in the mirror. ALL OF YOU.xnodx xnodx xnodx

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM
I think by reading most of the posts that everyone on here is thinking with Homerism rather than logically. If you and the rest of the hypocrites don't believe that just look in the mirror. ALL OF YOU.xnodx xnodx xnodxlol

Coming from you, quite possibly the biggest App homer on this site, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Sure AE has a good shot at ruffling some Heisman feathers, but it's going to take a lot to get him considered, and even more for him to actually win it. I'd love to see him win it, since it would speak volumes for our division.

However, before I'm ready to consider him for the Heisman, I'd like to see him at least contend for a Payton Award.

Oh wait....or is he too good for that now? xrolleyesx

HighRyder08
May 21st, 2008, 12:26 AM

He will be a junior this season

Cleets
May 21st, 2008, 12:37 AM
Okay, Settle down people... xlolx

I'm no App. fan but if you can't get behind Armanti Edwards on this whole Heisman thing you're kind of a sour-puss

xeyebrowx

Like it or not:
He's the guy running the offense of the THREE TIME FCS Championship team..!!!!
Who else have we got..?

SideLine Shooter
May 21st, 2008, 08:06 AM
Okay, Settle down people... xlolx

I'm no App. fan but if you can't get behind Armanti Edwards on this whole Heisman thing you're kind of a sour-puss

xeyebrowx

Like it or not:
He's the guy running the offense of the THREE TIME FCS Championship team..!!!!
Who else have we got..?

Thank you.

All of these App haters can't see what is in front of them. Sure, Armanti doesn't have a chance in Haiti of winning or even contending for the H-Trophy because of where he plays (FCS). They are so busy knocking him because he is a Mountaineer. But, he has exceptional ability at the position he plays.

I'm sure if he played at Montana (they wish) that would be the ticket. The real problem is some people can't give props where they are due.

When anybody has a player as dominant as Armanti, come back and post then. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
May 21st, 2008, 08:25 AM
He will be a junior this season

I hope you understand that I was being sarcastic xnodx xthumbsupx xlolx What kind of an AppFan would I be if I didn't realize that? xeyebrowx

gophoenix
May 21st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Thank you.

All of these App haters can't see what is in front of them. Sure, Armanti doesn't have a chance in Haiti of winning or even contending for the H-Trophy because of where he plays (FCS). They are so busy knocking him because he is a Mountaineer. But, he has exceptional ability at the position he plays.

I'm sure if he played at Montana (they wish) that would be the ticket. The real problem is some people can't give props where they are due.

When anybody has a player as dominant as Armanti, come back and post then. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xrolleyesx Yes, that is exactly it.

It's not App hating. It's being worn of having 25 of 30 threads per day being about how we should all love App and Edwards.

Well guess what, we're from opposing teams and some of us are rivals of sorts. I'll pull for App as much as anyone else on their OOC ticket. But there's no reason any of us should support App the way you guys think just because we're in the same division and it is somehow "good" for the rest of us.

Players as dominant as Armanti? Define dominant? 4000 yards passing is the dominant? Players like Foster, is that dominant? People up for the Payton and Buchanon awards, is that dominant enough?

You guys need to pull the Black and Gold blinders off and realize there are other teams in the division too.

That is all.

AppAlum2003
May 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
I guess this is what winning does to you... is App now hated more than GSU? xbawlingx

SideLine Shooter
May 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM

It's not App hating. It's being worn of having 25 of 30 threads per day being about how we should all love App and Edwards.

Well guess what, we're from opposing teams and some of us are rivals of sorts. I'll pull for App as much as anyone else on their OOC ticket. But there's no reason any of us should support App the way you guys think just because we're in the same division and it is somehow "good" for the rest of us.

Players as dominant as Armanti? Define dominant? 4000 yards passing is the dominant? Players like Foster, is that dominant? People up for the Payton and Buchanon awards, is that dominant enough?

You guys need to pull the Black and Gold blinders off and realize there are other teams in the division too.

That is all.

You have a lot of growing and maturing to do.

That is all.

gophoenix
May 21st, 2008, 09:22 AM

That is all.

Perhaps, but what on earth prompted that? Sometimes people have opposing opinions and they might actually (gasp) not totally jive with yours.

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM

That is all.

Wait...there are other teams in Division I?!?!? ;)

soweagle
May 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
I guess this is what winning does to you... is App now hated more than GSU? xbawlingx

By me they are.;)

soweagle
May 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
The good thing Edwards has going for him is only being a junior. He has this season to get his name circulated more amongst the voters and then a big push his senior season. He probably wont get an invite this year but I could see the possibility his senior season. Unfortunately in our division it might take two years of pushing his name for the award to get the proper recognition.

Appaholic
May 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM

Wishful thinking by gophoenix and the rest of FCS.....

Appaholic
May 21st, 2008, 09:51 AM

That is all.

Also, if Elon won more, you might have more threads about Elon....as it is, Elon is slightly higher in stature than Alamance Tech and you'll just have to suffer in relative silence....xwhistlex

ASUMountaineer
May 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
Also, if Elon won more, you might have more threads about Elon....as it is, Elon is slightly higher in stature than Alamance Tech and you'll just have to suffer in relative silence....xwhistlex

xlolx xsmileyclapx

Blue Hen Nation
May 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Seriously guys, ahead of Tebow? xconfusedx

AppGrad06
May 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
lol

Coming from you, quite possibly the biggest App homer on this site, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Sure AE has a good shot at ruffling some Heisman feathers, but it's going to take a lot to get him considered, and even more for him to actually win it. I'd love to see him win it, since it would speak volumes for our division.

However, before I'm ready to consider him for the Heisman, I'd like to see him at least contend for a Payton Award.

Oh wait....or is he too good for that now? xrolleyesx

He actually would have been in contention for the Payton had he not missed 4 games, that eliminated him. Just FYI.

Appguy
May 21st, 2008, 03:19 PM
He should be ahead of Tebow. He did better against same opponent!

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
LOL

This thread has diverged (as expected) into,

"If you don't think Armanti Edwards is the greatest player ever to EVER play the game EVER, then you're obviously a homer, and your school sucks, and you're insanely jealous, and a big doo doo head because he represents the FCS! And a win for him is a win for App is a win for FCS! Even though we'd just rub your faces in it if he did win, since App is the greatest team to ever play football ever. How can you not vote for him!? Then we can go ahead and appropriately rename this site Appalachian's Given Saturday, and then EVERY thread can be about App State! You're all such big HOMERS! OMG App state ROCKS!"

Honestly, though, gophoenix hits the nail on the head, in my opinion. I'd LOVE to see Edwards stick it to the big boys and steal their award, but as the months go by and I visit this site I can't help but pray and hope that he fails, just to spite all the insanely over-zealous App holes. Since I never have any contact what-so-ever with App. State, I can only form my opinion based on what I see from the fans here at AGS. I've met some awesome, intelligent App. State fans, who really make me respect their program, but ever since Michigan, we've had a sh&t storm of over-confident, over-zealous App heads who feel that the rest of FCS should bow down to them. It hasn't really helped my perception of App. State very well.

I respect Appalachian State very much, and that won't ever change, regardless of ignorant, airhead fans. But for God's sake, give us all a break when we don't all roll over and admit that ASU and Armanti are the greatest things alive in football today, simply because we're in the same division of competition.

SideLine Shooter
May 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
LOL

This thread has diverged (as expected) into,

"If you don't think Armanti Edwards is the greatest player ever to EVER play the game EVER, then you're obviously a homer, and your school sucks, and you're insanely jealous, and a big doo doo head because he represents the FCS! And a win for him is a win for App is a win for FCS! Even though we'd just rub your faces in it if he did win, since App is the greatest team to ever play football ever. How can you not vote for him!? Then we can go ahead and appropriately rename this site Appalachian's Given Saturday, and then EVERY thread can be about App State! You're all such big HOMERS! OMG App state ROCKS!"

Honestly, though, gophoenix hits the nail on the head, in my opinion. I'd LOVE to see Edwards stick it to the big boys and steal their award, but as the months go by and I visit this site I can't help but pray and hope that he fails, just to spite all the insanely over-zealous App holes. Since I never have any contact what-so-ever with App. State, I can only form my opinion based on what I see from the fans here at AGS. I've met some awesome, intelligent App. State fans, who really make me respect their program, but ever since Michigan, we've had a sh&t storm of over-confident, over-zealous App heads who feel that the rest of FCS should bow down to them. It hasn't really helped my perception of App. State very well.

I respect Appalachian State very much, and that won't ever change, regardless of ignorant, airhead fans. But for God's sake, give us all a break when we don't all roll over and admit that ASU and Armanti are the greatest things alive in football today, simply because we're in the same division of competition.

Homer???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AppAlum2003
May 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, a Griz fan complaining about how every thread is about one team... xlolx

My, how times have changed.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

stevdock
May 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM
He should be ahead of Tebow. He did better against same opponent!

So based on this argument NDSU is the best team in the Big Ten, because we gained more yards against Minnesota than anyone else who played them last year xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
May 21st, 2008, 05:39 PM
I can't help but pray and hope that he fails, just to spite all the insanely over-zealous App holes.

All we needed to know. xthumbsupx

Not many 20 year old kids I hope and pray will fail, but thanks for letting us know your opinion.

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Homer???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

All we needed to know. xthumbsupx

Not many 20 year old kids I hope and pray will fail, but thanks for letting us know your opinion.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxl olxxlolx

Too easy. You guys would make great presidential candidates: ignoring 95% of what I said, just to make me look bad and prove my entire post's point.

Skjellyfetti
May 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
ignoring 95% of what I said, just to make me look bad and prove my entire post's point.

What would you want us to take from your post? You went on a adolescent, hyperbolic rant about what you believe App fans to be saying in this thread. Only person saying other FCS teams should support Edwards just because he was FCS was Cleets... and he isn't even an App fan.

You then and went on to describe App fans as overconfident since the Michigan game. Ok. Most of what this thread people have been pointing out the attention Armanti has been getting for Heisman. Just about everyone agrees he probably will not win it. People are just proud of the kid...

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
What would you want us to take from your post? You went on a adolescent, hyperbolic rant about what you believe App fans to be saying in this thread. Only person saying other FCS teams should support Edwards just because he was FCS was Cleets... and he isn't even an App fan.

You then and went on to describe App fans as overconfident since the Michigan game. Ok. Most of what this thread people have been pointing out the attention Armanti has been getting for Heisman. Just about everyone agrees he probably will not win it. People are just proud of the kid...xoopsxBelieve me, this thread is just the tip of the iceberg. And I take it from your post that you didn't catch the sarcasm in my "rant."

Edwards is one hell of an athlete. Probably one of the best in the FCS. And like I said, which was completely ignored, I'd love to see him win or contend for a Heisman. I have nothing against Edwards or Appalachian State University. On the contrary, only a high amount of respect and admiration.

However, I don't think I'm out of line in saying that certain App fans have gone a little crazy over the past few months, which was what I was on about the whole time. Sure, try and turn what I said to be anti-Armanti, but I really only have a problem with the fans, and I don't think I'm the only person.

Saint3333
May 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
However, I don't think I'm out of line in saying that certain App fans have gone a little crazy over the past few months, which was what I was on about the whole time.

Our fans have been going a little overboard.

You'll notice a difference in the posts between the ASU fans that have been here for 4-5 years vs. 2 years (or 2 months).

AE is a great player (he has the talent, heart, and very level headed), but NO ONE from the FCS will ever win the award. I could see AE finishing 3rd at best.

phillyAPP
May 21st, 2008, 08:06 PM
xoopsxBelieve me, this thread is just the tip of the iceberg. And I take it from your post that you didn't catch the sarcasm in my "rant."

Edwards is one hell of an athlete. Probably one of the best in the FCS. And like I said, which was completely ignored, I'd love to see him win or contend for a Heisman. I have nothing against Edwards or Appalachian State University. On the contrary, only a high amount of respect and admiration.

However, I don't think I'm out of line in saying that certain App fans have gone a little crazy over the past few months, which was what I was on about the whole time. Sure, try and turn what I said to be anti-Armanti, but I really only have a problem with the fans, and I don't think I'm the only person.

Very well said.

"certain" App fans

And there are alot of APP topics,maybe to many.

But, This is one of the GREATEST rides I have been on in my life and I was in Philly in the early 80's when every Philly Pro team was in the finals.

This is better because APP has done(won) it 3 years in a row,plus Michigan.

And finally UofMman, you are allowed your opinion. I hope we play eachother someday.

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
I hope we play eachother someday.Indeed. 1-0 against ASU is nice, but it's hardly impressive. xlolx

I hope, however, that we don't play this year, since I'll be outside the U.S. all year, and I'd hate to miss it. Kind of selfish, though. :p

Our students have done sit-ins for worker's rights in the president's office...perhaps I'll get a bunch of Griz fans together, and do a "Play ASU" sit-in. xlolx A Home and Home would be amazing.

phillyAPP
May 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Indeed. 1-0 against ASU is nice, but it's hardly impressive. xlolx

I hope, however, that we don't play this year, since I'll be outside the U.S. all year, and I'd hate to miss it. Kind of selfish, though. :p

Our students have done sit-ins for worker's rights in the president's office...perhaps I'll get a bunch of Griz fans together, and do a "Play ASU" sit-in. xlolx A Home and Home would be amazing.

We had the same sit ins and had a few reluctant arrests to cap it off.

It must be the high Mt. air ?

We can wait til next year but after that I will have to see who takes over "Supermans"(AE) postion. lol

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
We had the same sit ins and had a few reluctant arrests to cap it off.

It must be the high Mt. air ?

We can wait til next year but after that I will have to see who takes over "Supermans"(AE) postion. lolWe had nine arrests, I think. In 2006 I made a poster for the group that did it, so I kind of feel their plight, but they did such a horrible job at the sit in this year. The president wasn't even in the U.S. xlolx

Anyways, whoever you find to replace him, make sure he's slow and stays in the pocket. Honestly....these running QB's are ridiculous. Y'all need to learn how to play footbal! xlolx:p

phillyAPP
May 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
We had nine arrests, I think. In 2006 I made a poster for the group that did it, so I kind of feel their plight, but they did such a horrible job at the sit in this year. The president wasn't even in the U.S. xlolx

Anyways, whoever you find to replace him, make sure he's slow and stays in the pocket. Honestly....these running QB's are ridiculous. Y'all need to learn how to play footbal! xlolx:p

With 9 arrests you are right that speed is an issue at UofM.:)

They need some speed to avoid DaMan !

APP doesn't like handcuffs. lol

SideLine Shooter
May 21st, 2008, 09:47 PM
So based on this argument NDSU is the best team in the Big Ten, because we gained more yards against Minnesota than anyone else who played them last year xsmiley_wix

Absolutely!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx

SideLine Shooter
May 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM

Excellent observation.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ericsaid
May 21st, 2008, 10:11 PM
Has anyone in this entire thread hinted at the possiblility of him actually winning?

I just hope he has a big season for App and to help maybe prove he can play with anyone. App making it back deep in the post season would be nice first of all.

I'm he himself is thinking national championship, not heisman.

The Moody1
May 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Has anyone in this entire thread hinted at the possiblility of him actually winning?

I just hope he has a big season for App and to help maybe prove he can play with anyone. App making it back deep in the post season would be nice first of all.

I'm he himself is thinking national championship, not heisman.

His only shot would be to beat LSU and go undefeated and win another NC. Even then it would be a long shot.

AppGrad06
May 22nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
xoopsxBelieve me, this thread is just the tip of the iceberg. And I take it from your post that you didn't catch the sarcasm in my "rant."

You are right there are some over-zealous app fans out there, every team has there share. I think most of the bad ones are the newer members of the App State family that have yet to experience leaner years for the football team, Those years tend to put everything in perspective.

AppGrad06
May 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
In December, I'd rather Armanti be too busy to attend the Heisman ceremony (if he somehow ends up a finalist) if you catch my drift;)

AppStFan76
May 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
http://armantiforheisman.com/

Saw this on appfan.com. Cant wait to see the sight!

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Interesting, though I don't think even with a win over LSU and a national championship will get him the award, he'd be lucky to be invited peiod.

I'd be more worried about the Walter Peyton because there is a much more realistic chance for that.

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
So saying Armanti Edwards can pass for 12 yards in a game and run for 100 = stoned gibberish?

Some stoned gibberish is actually more intelligent sounding than sober gibberish and way more than drunk gibberish. So if i had to choose my gibberish, it would be of the stoned type.

Appaholic
May 23rd, 2008, 08:40 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Too easy. You guys would make great presidential candidates: ignoring 95% of what I said, just to make me look bad and prove my entire post's point.

Don't you have an offensive lineman to go bail out of jail?........xwhistlex

uofmman1122
May 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Don't you have an offensive lineman to go bail out of jail?........xwhistlexThe evidence just keeps piling up.xlolxxlolx

And you assume some of us still claim Quinn.

Appaholic
May 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
The evidence just keeps piling up.xlolxxlolx

And you assume some of us still claim Quinn.

touche'......xpeacex

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2008, 12:50 AM

how is voting your conscionce throwing your vote away? Isnt voteing for someone just because you like their party throwing your vote in the garbage is you dont agree with their policies? Life isnt a game of football you dont root for one team over the other.

SoCon48
May 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM

That is all.

OUCH!

SoCon48
May 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM

That is all.

App fans endured the barrage of GSU, Montana, and Delaware threads for a solid decade...even those ridiculing App for no championships. Now it's App's turn. Maybe Riddle and Elon will get their day in the sun someday.

Edwards has no chance at actually winning the Heisman, but just having his name mentioned in the group of contenders is significant for Aramnti and the school..and the SoCon as well.

ericsaid
May 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
App fans endured the barrage of GSU, Montana, and Delaware threads for a solid decade...even those ridiculing App for no championships. Now it's App's turn. Maybe Riddle and Elon will get their day in the sun someday.

Edwards has no chance at actually winning the Heisman, but just having his name mentioned in the group of contenders is significant for Aramnti and the school..and the SoCon as well.

Agreed.

GreatAppSt
May 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM

This old boy has been around for that decade you speak of. I can honestly say I never felt ridiculed by GSU considering the source.xsmiley_wix

CopperCat
May 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM

You've been a member since 2004, and JMU won it that year. Calling out UD, UM, and GSU really doesn't make alot of sense.

But as far as Armati having his day in the sun, he's had several days. He'll probably have more, and rightfully so. But when there are 10 new threads on the same crap every week, it really does get very old. Just understand where everyone else is coming from, that's all.

APPALACHIANstate
May 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
You've been a member since 2004, and JMU won it that year. Calling out UD, UM, and GSU really doesn't make alot of sense.

But as far as Armati having his day in the sun, he's had several days. He'll probably have more, and rightfully so. But when there are 10 new threads on the same crap every week, it really does get very old. Just understand where everyone else is coming from, that's all.

Link the threads? by week please.