PDA

View Full Version : Montana State stadium expansion video

CatFan22
May 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Firefox users: www.msubobcats.com

Internet Explorer users: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=543877402635085850&hl=en

Pretty sweet looking video if you ask me. xnodx xbowx

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
First off, looks like it should turn out to be a pretty nice stadium once it is accomplished.

I don't mean to be the naysayer of the group but, is this still on the same time table as before? Do you plan on having it done by 2018?

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM
First off, looks like it should turn out to be a pretty nice stadium once it is accomplished.

I don't mean to be the naysayer of the group but, is this still on the same time table as before? Do you plan on having it done by 2018?

Last report it's an eight year project.

catbob
May 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'll still be "relatively" young when its all said and done. :)

Looks awesome, I can't wait!

slostang
May 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Very impressive.

I hope MSU will start playing Cal Poly again in the near future so I will get a chance to see it in person.

When are they starting on the turf and what type did they decide on?

danefan
May 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Looks sweet. Very well integrated with the current situation.

What will the total expansion bring capacity to?

catbob
May 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Field Turf.

Capacity will be around 20,000 I believe.

lizrdgizrd
May 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Very nice looking expansion! xnodx

CatFan22
May 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Very impressive.

I hope MSU will start playing Cal Poly again in the near future so I will get a chance to see it in person.

When are they starting on the turf and what type did they decide on?

As catbob said, we are using Field Turf. That will be in place by August 1st I believe.

slostang
May 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cal Poly has a four phased plans for expansion. The west side that was completed last season was phase one of four phases. Replacing the east side stands will be phase two which I have heard that they are shooting to start in the next three or four years. When the all four phases are completed the cap. is suppose to be 22,000. I would love to see a video like of the plan like the Bobcats put out. I think that helps build excitement which helps with fund raising.

Picture of the first phase at Cal Poly:

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Last report it's an eight year project.

Have you heard whether the money is already in place or are you going to have to raise it along the way?

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Have you heard whether the money is already in place or are you going to have to raise it along the way?

Some of both.

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thsi link shows better details of the different phases of the expansion.

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/pdf1_200805151210883323.pdf

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Not a bad link.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hell I was excited watching the video. It looks great you dirty Bobcats.

lizrdgizrd
May 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I'd be jealous if we weren't already in the middle of our own expansion.

MplsBison
May 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Here's one of the pics from that pdf:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3596/catstadto6.png

CatFan22
May 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
And another:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/StadiumNew1.jpg

slostang
May 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM
What is nice is that they will have a ton of skyboxes. That is where the real money is generated.

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I always thought a ton of money was generated by clothing sales?

KAUMASS
May 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Looks awesome. Seems to me that Montana State is tired of losing in-state kids to U.Montana due to facilities. Do you think this will even the playing field with recruiting in Montana when this is finished? Or, will U.Montana have a 40,000 capacity at Wash-Grizz when Montana St. finishes their upgrades. Interesting battle shaping up.

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Looks awesome. Seems to me that Montana State is tired of losing in-state kids to U.Montana due to facilities. Do you think this will even the playing field with recruiting in Montana when this is finished? Or, will U.Montana have a 40,000 capacity at Wash-Grizz when Montana St. finishes their upgrades. Interesting battle shaping up.

You won't get Wa Griz to 40,000. But on the instate kids and out of state kids, I think stadium is something that they look at.

IABison
May 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Way to go, MSU!xthumbsupx

Now if we could only figure out a way to add some seats to the Fargodome... xsmhx

Ronbo
May 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Here's one of the pics from that pdf:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3596/catstadto6.png

Looks very WACey if you get my drift.xsmiley_wix

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM

does it.

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Actually in state recruiting has been pretty even between the two schools the past few years, during the streak the griz did have an advantage though.

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Field Turf.

Capacity will be around 20,000 I believe.

22,000 according to the PDF.

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Here's a clearer overhead-

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1326/stdmoverheadan6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MplsBison
May 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Looks like the current away side will be the new home side?

MplsBison
May 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Why not? Idaho made it.

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Looks like the current away side will be the new home side?

I don't expect that to change- the visitor is in front of the booster side and the Cats are in front of the students.

CatFan22
May 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I don't expect that to change- the visitor is in front of the booster side and the Cats are in front of the students.

I think it would be a giant mistake to put the visitors in front of the students. Just my opinion. :) ;)

CopperCat
May 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Bobcat Stadium is shaping up to be one of the premier stadiums in the FCS. The field turf was a much needed addition, but the skyboxes and the bowling in of the south end zone will make that place a sight to behold. It should be done about the time I will be moving back home!! I will be buying season tickets for sure!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

On a side note, kudos to whoever designed the expansions!! Great job all around!

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I think it would be a giant mistake to put the visitors in front of the students. Just my opinion. :) ;)

Which is exactly why I said I didn't expect any change. It could get ugly.xnodx

Once the south enzone is complete the visitors locker room will be under those seats rather than both teams locker rooms on the north end.

Ronbo
May 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
In 8 more years we'll be at 30,000+ but it will make Montana a state with two schools with top ten FCS stadiums.

furman94
May 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM
WOW! Nice Stuff M State! It does look rather WAC or Sunbelt though!

CopperCat
May 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM
WOW! Nice Stuff M State! It does look rather WAC or Sunbelt though!

Does that really matter?xrolleyesx

grizband
May 15th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Move along, nothing to see here... xwhistlex

appsfan
May 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
It looks great. What is the ETA for completion of each phase? Also, the sky boxes with a patio look sweet. I'm sure they will generate big bucks for you.

furman94
May 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM

As in; I can hear the cries of MSU to get out of the FCS and join Idaho in the Random Western Conference of Shunned 1-AA Teams that now play in the FBS, to compete in the GE Lightbulb Bowl every year!

TheBisonator
May 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM
As in; I can hear the cries of MSU to get out of the FCS and join Idaho in the Random Western Conference of Shunned 1-AA Teams that now play in the FBS, to compete in the GE Lightbulb Bowl every year!

Hey now, the GE Lightbulb Bowl is a quite prestigious game!! Last year I believe Syracuse beat Minnesota in the battle of 1-11 teams...:D

furman94
May 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Haha! Thank God for PLAYOFFS!

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Unlike our "little sisters" :D a couple hundred miles west, there is no discussion of the 'Cats doing anything but trying to be at the top of the FCS.xnodx

CopperCat
May 15th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Then you must have voices in your head that nobody else can hear. MSU won't be going anywhere for a very long time.

eagle1
May 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I wish EWU would step up to the plate and do something like this to Woodward. Way to go MSU! That renovation looks first class. EWU better get their sh@t together or they will be decades behind. Go Eagles!!!

Grizalltheway
May 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Unlike our "little sisters" :D a couple hundred miles west, there is no discussion of the 'Cats doing anything but trying to be at the top of the FCS.xnodx

Must be embarrassing having your little sister kick your azz year in and year out. xcoolx ;)

CopperCat
May 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Must be embarrassing having your little sister kick your azz year in and year out. xcoolx ;)

It would be even more embarassing to see the Griz go to the Sunbelt/WAC and become Boise State's b**** every year.

GOKATS
May 16th, 2008, 08:38 PM

For those of us who don't dwell on ancient history the record the last 6 years is 3 and 3. And it'll be 4-3 when the Cats kick griz ass in Mizzou in Nov.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM
For those of us who don't dwell on ancient history the record the last 6 years is 3 and 3. And it'll be 4-3 when the Cats kick griz ass in Mizzou in Nov.xnodx

I hear ya man. 3-3 is the way you guys oughta think of it. 3-19 is not good. 35-67 with 5 ties for an all time record isn't so good either. I'd go with the 3-3 thing too if I were you.

Montanan
May 16th, 2008, 09:24 PM
proposed stadium upgrades look great! xnodx

i remember when cat fans thought 6 years was ancient history. xlolx xnodx xlolx 6 is such a lonely number, but i guess when it's all ya got...;)

GOKATS
May 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I hear ya man. 3-3 is the way you guys oughta think of it. 3-19 is not good. 35-67 with 5 ties for an all time record isn't so good either. I'd go with the 3-3 thing too if I were you.

3-3 really hurts doesn't it.xnodx Get used to it, we love Bobby Hauck!xnodx :D

uofmman1122
May 17th, 2008, 12:38 AM
3-3 really hurts doesn't it.xnodx Get used to it, we love Bobby Hauck!xnodx :DI generally like to give the Cats a break, so I go by the games that have taken place in my lifetime.

Too bad it's still 17-3, Griz. xlolx

Grizalltheway
May 17th, 2008, 02:05 AM

And we love Rob Ash (so far, at least). xnodx

CopperCat
May 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
And we love Rob Ash (so far, at least). xnodx

Save your smack for when the season actually starts. Its only May.

And one game is really a pretty crappy benchmark to go by.

Montanan
May 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM

your right. however, i remember a fews years back when cat fans were calling one game a streak. xlolx xnodx xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2008, 12:52 PM

If you go back on the thread here FTG I think you're gonna find that there was nothing but accolades from the Griz fans until the Cat fans started the smack. Don't start crying smack when your side threw the first punch and a few of us decided to toss a couple back at you.

ncbears
May 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
In 8 more years we'll be at 30,000+ but it will make Montana a state with two schools with top ten FCS stadiums.

I just hope you guys move up so I don't have to read your stupid posts Rongay.

Mountain Panther
May 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Firefox users: www.msubobcats.com

Internet Explorer users: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=543877402635085850&hl=en

Pretty sweet looking video if you ask me. xnodx xbowx

Your alumni better start opening their checkbooks!

CopperCat
May 17th, 2008, 03:07 PM
If you go back on the thread here FTG I think you're gonna find that there was nothing but accolades from the Griz fans until the Cat fans started the smack. Don't start crying smack when your side threw the first punch and a few of us decided to toss a couple back at you.

Until one particular Griz fan had to say "it looks WACey."

Carry on.

Grizalltheway
May 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Carry on.

That's smack? xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Carry on.

That's smack? xconfusedx

FTG, you know that isn't smack so let's deal with that truthfully. Like you and most Bobcat fans, a majority of Griz fans take a great deal of satisfaction playing where we are at. There are a few fans that think they need to stir the post with their dick measuring and so forth on the move up talk. Most of us disagree strongly with those people and their delusions of grandeur. Do as I have learned to do with them and dismiss them as you will see a couple of us did with the retorts of "does it", and "move along nothing to see here" comments. Unless you feel like arguing on any particular day that is how I deal with the BS comments from them. By "them" and "they' I mean Ronbo.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM

You know GOKATS, you got me on this one because it does kinda hurt a little. Whereas this past 6 years can be worn as a badge of honor for the Cat fans. It's the same record for both of us, and yet the perception for both schools is different. You're happy being there and we are not. I wonder why this is? Now do we want to keep pissin' down each others backs or should we get back to the discussion of the stadium upgrades and other information pertinent to the thread title. It's your call.

GOKATS
May 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
You know GOKATS, you got me on this one because it does kinda hurt a little. Whereas this past 6 years can be worn as a badge of honor for the Cat fans. It's the same record for both of us, and yet the perception for both schools is different. You're happy being there and we are not. I wonder why this is? Now do we want to keep pissin' down each others backs or should we get back to the discussion of the stadium upgrades and other information pertinent to the thread title. It's your call.

It's not a badge of honor, it just shows that there is parity between us now and the streak is over (I hope). As long as the Cats & Griz are at the top in the BSC every year I think we're both happy. I'm not in favor of the playoff expansion in 2010 and one of the things that concerns me is that we may not be able to schedule Cat/Griz as the last regular season game when that happens. I like it when the hunt for the conference championship comes down to Cat/Griz weekend, and I'm not taking anything away from the other BSC teams- I think EWU will be in the hunt this year and every team is a threat on AGS.

Back on topic, yes I'm excited about the upcoming expansion to Bobcat Stadium and the new addition to WA/griz is impressive.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
It's not a badge of honor, it just shows that there is parity between us now and the streak is over (I hope). As long as the Cats & Griz are at the top in the BSC every year I think we're both happy. I'm not in favor of the playoff expansion in 2010 and one of the things that concerns me is that we may not be able to schedule Cat/Griz as the last regular season game when that happens. I like it when the hunt for the conference championship comes down to Cat/Griz weekend, and I'm not taking anything away from the other BSC teams- I think EWU will be in the hunt this year and every team is a threat on AGS.

Back on topic, yes I'm excited about the upcoming expansion to Bobcat Stadium and the new addition to WA/griz is impressive.

I'm with you on the Griz/Cat game and hope that doesn't happen. One thing though to think about. It gives everyone a chance at a couple of at larges that would be real nice since we don't normally have the strength or perceived strength that some of the other conferences do. Having a little extra glimmer of hope that we could meet in the playoffs or a possible National Championship meeting someday would set this state on fire. Looking for the silver lining and that little extra chance may turn out to be really worthwhile in the future.

Tod
May 18th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Wow! That looks fantastic!

Kind of WACky!!

OK, just kidding! Read the thread, made the bad joke, carry on.

Seriously, though, that looks great. xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

CatFan22
May 18th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I, for one, have to say that I appreciate all the positive input from all the grizzly faithful. You have proved me wrong in your gestures. xthumbsupx

CrazyCat
May 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM
"I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

ursus arctos horribilis
May 18th, 2008, 11:53 AM
"I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

True that Dalton. We'll just consider this the brief respite between rounds. But the upgrades in Dirty Bobcat town will only serve to make your team better, which will elevate the rivalry to even higher levels, which will elevate our program as well. Montana may be on the verge of both teams hosting first, and second round games on a more regular basis. Those are incredible things to have happen if it comes to fruition for this state.

Ronbo
May 19th, 2008, 11:15 AM
FTG, you know that isn't smack so let's deal with that truthfully. Like you and most Bobcat fans, a majority of Griz fans take a great deal of satisfaction playing where we are at. There are a few fans that think they need to stir the post with their dick measuring and so forth on the move up talk. Most of us disagree strongly with those people and their delusions of grandeur. Do as I have learned to do with them and dismiss them as you will see a couple of us did with the retorts of "does it", and "move along nothing to see here" comments. Unless you feel like arguing on any particular day that is how I deal with the BS comments from them. By "them" and "they' I mean Ronbo.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm not alone. Quit trying to make it sound like I'm some kind of maverick. It's makes you anti move guys look immature and ignorant.

Latest poll. The last two polls have had a majority for the move. Kind of scary isn't it that the main reason you guys have for not moving up is about to CHANGE. "Oh we'll never move up without MSU and they don't have the facilities."

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/topic30963.php

ursus arctos horribilis
May 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Blah, blah, blah. I'm not alone. Quit trying to make it sound like I'm some kind of maverick. It's makes you anti move guys look immature and ignorant.

Latest poll. The last two polls have had a majority for the move.

Trust me, nobody thinks of you as a maverick. Take a lot of stock in fan polls do ya? I'm not against a move up if the situation is right, but for right now the situation is perfect for us to be where we are at. When I hear the University start talking about a feasibility study then I will give it some credence. I'm not willing to seriously entertain the idea because of a poll on a message board and the fact that you think it is representative of the majority of Griz fans.

CopperCat
May 19th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Latest poll. The last two polls have had a majority for the move. Kind of scary isn't it that the main reason you guys have for not moving up is about to CHANGE. "Oh we'll never move up without MSU and they don't have the facilities."

If you are putting all your stock in an egriz poll, you may need to re-assess your source. Egriz is a large purveyor of very ignorant and VERY immature fans.xcoffeex

Back to the topic at hand, our stadium. One thing that people really aren't talking about anymore is the prospect of an indoor practice facility. And judging by what they have drawn up for these improvments, I would say that there really isn't any plan to build one in the near future. Bozeman is NOTORIOUS for having crappy spring weather. But I guess the upshod in the whole thing is that you have a field that can be plowed and practiced on much more easily than grass, how often they would actually do that I don't know. For now I guess the team will have to accept the fact that spring practice schedules will done almost completely by the seat of their pants.

Frankly, I prefer the improved stadium over the practice facility. I've seen FBS stadiums that aren't as nice as Bobcat Stadium will be.

GOKATS
May 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
If you are putting all your stock in an egriz poll, you may need to re-assess your source. Egriz is a large purveyor of very ignorant and VERY immature fans.xcoffeex

Back to the topic at hand, our stadium. One thing that people really aren't talking about anymore is the prospect of an indoor practice facility. And judging by what they have drawn up for these improvments, I would say that there really isn't any plan to build one in the near future. Bozeman is NOTORIOUS for having crappy spring weather. But I guess the upshod in the whole thing is that you have a field that can be plowed and practiced on much more easily than grass, how often they would actually do that I don't know. For now I guess the team will have to accept the fact that spring practice schedules will done almost completely by the seat of their pants.

Frankly, I prefer the improved stadium over the practice facility. I've seen FBS stadiums that aren't as nice as Bobcat Stadium will be.

Actually Fields said at the press conference last week that construction of the indoor practice facility and academic center will will be the next step after completion of the student side sky suites, before any other stadium improvements.

CopperCat
May 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Actually Fields said at the press conference last week that construction of the indoor practice facility and academic center will will be the next step after completion of the student side sky suites, before any other stadium improvements.

Wow, I hadn't heard that yet so that's awesome!!!!

Fields may not be the greatest person to ever walk this earth but he's a damn good business man.

Ronbo
May 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Trust me, nobody thinks of you as a maverick. Take a lot of stock in fan polls do ya? I'm not against a move up if the situation is right, but for right now the situation is perfect for us to be where we are at. When I hear the University start talking about a feasibility study then I will give it some credence. I'm not willing to seriously entertain the idea because of a poll on a message board and the fact that you think it is representative of the majority of Griz fans.

You know why that is really a stupid comment? Because it's THE ONLY measure of fans feelings. You get the Missoulian to run a poll and I'll change my mind that the pendulum hasn't swung towards more than 50% wanting to play good teams instead of Fort Lewis, Southern Utah, and Central Washington. That 50% aren't tired of the weak Big Sky Conference ranking in Basketball and the winner always getting a 15 or 16 seed.

Funny thing is all you AGS readers. When the poll was 70% against a move up these jokers that oppose it loved the poll. They'd say "See told you so, very few want to move up." Now they are losing and they are RUNNING SCARED that the attitude of Griz fans is changing. We're fraken tired of the WEAK schedule.

Ronbo
May 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Double post when editing. xoopsx xoopsx

CopperCat
May 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
You know why that is really a stupid comment? Because these polls are THE ONLY measure of fans feelings. You get the Missoulian to run a poll and I'll change my mind that the pendulum hasn't swung towards more than 50% wanting to play good teams instead of Fort Lewis, Southern Utah, and Central Washington. That 50% aren't tired of the weak Big Sky Conference ranking in Basketball and the winner always getting a 15 or 16 seed.

Funny thing is, take note all you AGS readers and non Griz fans. When the poll was 70% against a move up these jokers that oppose it loved the poll. They'd say "See told you so, very few want to move up." Now they are losing and they are RUNNING SCARED that the attitude of Griz fans is changing. We're fraken tired of the WEAK schedule.

Another thread hijacked........cripes.xrolleyesx

Ronbo
May 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah I make one little joke and ten attackers come out of the woodwork including YOU!xmadx Why don't you mother truckers let someone post an opinion without attacking them all the time?

Grizalltheway
May 19th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ronblow-There's a thread devoted entirely to this subject. Stop derailing this one and go talk about it there.

mmiller_34
May 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
haha whats phase 12?

Grizzaholic
May 19th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Ronblow-There's a thread devoted entirely to this subject. Stop derailing this one and go talk about it there.

xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
May 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
haha whats phase 12?Getting beat by the Griz in a nice stadium every year, instead of every other year. xlolxxlolxxlolx

GOKATS
May 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Getting beat by the Griz in a nice stadium every year, instead of every other year. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Cheap shot, no surprise, dUMbo.

xwhistlex xwhistlexxwhistlex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex FTG!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodxxnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

CopperCat
May 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Getting beat by the Griz in a nice stadium every year, instead of every other year. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Hmmmmmmm..............

3-3 in the last 6 years, not exactly every year.

And oh yes, the first of those three was at YOUR house.

Tod
May 20th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah I make one little joke and ten attackers come out of the woodwork including YOU!xmadx Why don't you mother truckers let someone post an opinion without attacking them all the time?

I, for one, appreciate your information and updates on AGS, Ronbo. :)

uofmman1122
May 20th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hmmmmmmm..............

And oh yes, the first of those three was at YOUR house.Woot!

Only time since 1984!!! xreadxxreadx

Okay, honest....I'm done with the smack. Let's swing this thread back on track. xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
May 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hmmmmmmm..............

And oh yes, the first of those three was at YOUR house.

You are 2-8 against UM in Bozeman in the last 20 years.
1-9 in Missoula

I'd say both houses are OUR house. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Anyway, that was my first and only jab in this thread
Back on track - I am not exactly sure about the rapidity of expansion considering attendance isn't quite a mirror image of that growth.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
1-9 in Missoula

Back on track - I am not exactly sure about the rapidity of expansion considering attendance isn't quite a mirror image of that growth.

Actually it's not that rapid if it's spread out over the next 8 yrs. though. Once they get some of the new stuff up I think you will see a dramatic increase in their fan support. That will spill over to a little added excitement for the team and the fans and I think they will be on their way to turning that into a hostile atmosphere for the opposing teams.

CopperCat
May 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
1-9 in Missoula

When the Kramer era started, attendance averaged maybe around 9k. Now the house is sold out almost every game, 13.5k every time. Don't sit there and tell me MSU doesn't have a growing fanbase that isn't showing up to games on Saturday.xnonox

GOKATS
May 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Woot!

Only time since 1984!!! xreadxxreadx

Okay, honest....I'm done with the smack. Let's swing this thread back on track. xlolx

I don't know how I let that one slip by- besides 3 of the last 6 the Cats beat the griz 41-18 in '85.xnodx

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know how I let that one slip by- besides 3 of the last 6 the Cats beat the griz 41-18 in '85.xnodxNo no, we were talking about Cat wins in Missoula. Nice try, though. :p

GOKATS
May 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
No no, we were talking about Cat wins in Missoula. Nice try, though. :p

Get your ass back to work, the fries are burning and cars are lined up outside the drive-thru.xsmiley_wix

uofmman1122
May 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
Get your ass back to work, the fries are burning and cars are lined up outside the drive-thru.xsmiley_wixWell, what do you expect when you're always calling out of your shifts? xsmhxxlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know how I let that one slip by- besides 3 of the last 6 the Cats beat the griz 41-18 in '85.xnodx

Strange how much it turned around the next year but even stranger what happened back in Bozeman 2 yrs. later.

Montana wins at Montana State 55-7