PDA

View Full Version : TxSt vs. Southeastern LA

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 07:06 PM
TxSt-7
SLU-0

10 min left in 2nd.

(TxSt has 2 Turnovers and missed FG in the RedZone :mad: :mad: :mad: )

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
TxSt 13
SLU 0

4:47 left in 2nd.

(Blocked extra point on the second TD)

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 07:31 PM
TxSt 13
SLU 0

Halftime. SLU only has 2 first downs.

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM
How good is SELA?

TxSt02
October 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM
How good is SELA?

we cant convert... they are as good as maine... the score should be 27-0...

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2005, 08:19 PM
20-9...

Bobcats on top after SELA FG...

Nealy is 10 for 22 with 1 INT, 1 TD and 191 yards...

He's showing his inconsistency in throwing the pill with below 50% passing...

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Oh spare me. He has one bad game in 5 and you start saying he sucks again. Save it.

At least we know who our QB is.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm just saying I'm not impressed with his numbers. When he hits his reciever, he's dead on, but he's had this consistency issue in passing percentage every year til this year. This issue comes more to light in SLC play...

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
You are so damn bitter, it hurts. Get over yourself and just admit you wish you had Nealy instead of a rotating QB. I can't wait till you losers come to San Marcos and get lit up.

Bobcat94
October 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
27-9 TXST Start of the 4th.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM
You are so damn bitter, it hurts. Get over yourself and just admit you wish you had Nealy instead of a rotating QB. I can't wait till you losers come to San Marcos and get lit up.

Rotating QB? Where? We only had one QB. Read and learn about other SLC schools before you make remarks...

Eh, this is a down year for us this year. We know that. Our defense is solid, but of our offense has been at times, non-existant (i.e running game today).

SLC is wide open. If you guys lose it, you had no excuses and you guys can cry us all a river. Outside of McNeese and you guys, there's no one else who has come close to impressive. I thought Nicholls was good and then they blew it. Thought NW State was gonna be good til I saw them live...

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM
TxSt 30
SLU 15

Final.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Payton Award candidate, Barrick Nealy. 13 of 30 for 216 yards with one INT and one TD....

Dallas Demon
October 8th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Thought NW State was gonna be good til I saw them live...

What makes you think that either Northwestern or Sam wasn't good today? I thought it was a great defensive game today. The Demons especially were popping highlight film hits all day defensively. The Sam QB was impressive. The running games were shut down, but both defenses had something to do with that. I thought it was (for the most part), a hard-nosed, typical Southland defensive struggle. :confused:

Bobcat94
October 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
SELA's announcers saying TxST is the best team they have faced this year a lot of love from the guys from SELA

they did include Tulane........as a direct comparison

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM
You are such a homer. So someone can't have an off night?? The score doesn't indicate how we totally dominated SLU. We screwed ourselves in the first half by not scoring in the redzone.

Oh and Dallas Demon, don't pay attention to TT, he thinks Sam is the best team in the country. He has no clue. You think he would though, as he spends 18 hours a day on a computer. Guess you have nothing else to do since you are from NO??? Loser.

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 10:19 PM
You think he would though, as he spends 18 hours a day on a computer. Guess you have nothing else to do since you are from NO Loser.

Uncalled for :nono: :nono:

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2005, 10:20 PM
You don't understand. Trust me.

Cat79
October 8th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Good road win Cats!! :)

golionsgo
October 8th, 2005, 11:49 PM
You are such a homer. So someone can't have an off night?? The score doesn't indicate how we totally dominated SLU. We screwed ourselves in the first half by not scoring in the redzone.

Oh and Dallas Demon, don't pay attention to TT, he thinks Sam is the best team in the country. He has no clue. You think he would though, as he spends 18 hours a day on a computer. Guess you have nothing else to do since you are from NO??? Loser.

I would say the score was probably about right though easily could have been closer and lower scoring. You have to remember we had five or six major penalties including two roughing the punter and two roughing the passer penalties that kept Bobcat drives alive. Your two turnovers in the red zone were both forced and you wouldn't have been there had we not extended the drives with penalties. So it ironed out in the wash. Not to mention our leading receiver didn't dress out and we have ZERO healthy running backs. We did put our starter in late in the second quarter but he was only about 60% and we started moving the ball once he entered the game.

Having said all that, I thought the best team won and I think Texas State has a chance to be a major player in the National Championship race.

golionsgo
October 8th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Payton Award candidate, Barrick Nealy. 13 of 30 for 216 yards with one INT and one TD....

We defensed Nealy about as well anyone possibly can and he was inconsistent throwing the football, BUT!!!! He's a playmaker and when they HAD to have big plays, he came through, especially on third and long. I can't say that he looked like the best player in the country tonight, but he requires attention and causes defenses to spend a lot of energy trying to contain him. He would look good wearing a green and gold uniform I can tell you that.

Tod
October 9th, 2005, 12:04 AM

Well, at least you got it right when you signed off as "Loser". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TxSt02
October 9th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Having said all that, I thought the best team won and I think Texas State has a chance to be a major player in the National Championship race.

Thanks for the kind words! We look forward to the rest of SLC...

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2005, 06:11 AM
What makes you think that either Northwestern or Sam wasn't good today? I thought it was a great defensive game today. The Demons especially were popping highlight film hits all day defensively. The Sam QB was impressive. The running games were shut down, but both defenses had something to do with that. I thought it was (for the most part), a hard-nosed, typical Southland defensive struggle. :confused:

I think my remarks about NW State are tied to my disbelief about our Kats. My gut feeling is that our team doesn't look like a true football team and for whatever reason, we just hung in there somehow. I'm surprised you guys, running that same ole play each time didn't just throw us off completely and drum us by 20...

You think he would though, as he spends 18 hours a day on a computer. Guess you have nothing else to do since you are from NO Loser.

Ah yes, the real world, once you get out of the sprawling community that is San Marcos. Having a job right out of college. Good luck pulling that buddy. So many think it comes easy and it really doesn't.

I didn't have to sit around in an internship in the field I'm in like so many others. Hopped right into a job at family-like atmosphere where I am comfortable and enjoyed my surroundings. May not be working now due to Katrina, but I'm getting paid still and still doing contract work for CBS, a Div I school here in town and FoxSW. Not too bad.

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I think my remarks about NW State are tied to my disbelief about our Kats. My gut feeling is that our team doesn't look like a true football team and for whatever reason, we just hung in there somehow. I'm surprised you guys, running that same ole play each time didn't just throw us off completely and drum us by 20...

Ah yes, the real world, once you get out of the sprawling community that is San Marcos. Having a job right out of college. Good luck pulling that buddy. So many think it comes easy and it really doesn't.

I didn't have to sit around in an internship in the field I'm in like so many others. Hopped right into a job at family-like atmosphere where I am comfortable and enjoyed my surroundings. May not be working now due to Katrina, but I'm getting paid still and still doing contract work for CBS, a Div I school here in town and FoxSW. Not too bad.

Thats nice isn't it TT. I luckly jumped into the same thing.

Don't worry about cat06, he apparently has some growing up to do. Really, who finishes a statement calling someone a loser? Get a life and grow up.

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2005, 02:28 PM

The Kats are a good team - you need to remember their losses are to I-A Houston, I-A Texas Tech (beat Nebraska in Lincoln yesterday), and to pre-season SLC favorite and original top 10 Northwestern State (one of only two I-AA teams to beat a I-A team this year). Your QB has skills very similar to Dustin Long, and could be especially dangerous given the time to throw.

I will say I was VERY surprised at the 4th down calls by your coaching staff. The penalties, especially the roughing the kicker penalty, were just stupid but very costly mistakes. If the Kats don't get down, there's still a possibility they could run the table, however.

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Good road win Cats!! :)

Hey Cat79, congrats on the win yesterday against a very tough SLU team. Hopefully we'll be able to play the Lions well next weekend. Should we win next weekend, start mixing that drink for me. San Marcos would be a hard place to stay away from on October 22nd. :)

golionsgo
October 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Hey Cat79, congrats on the win yesterday against a very tough SLU team. Hopefully we'll be able to play the Lions well next weekend. Should we win next weekend, start mixing that drink for me. San Marcos would be a hard place to stay away from on October 22nd. :)

If we have to play without any running backs again next week I'm sure you'll play us very well, not that you wouldn't anyway. Our defense has more than held its own under the circumstances but we're limited with what we can do on offense right now due to injuries. Hopefully we can keep it competitive.

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
If we have to play without any running backs again next week I'm sure you'll play us very well, not that you wouldn't anyway. Our defense has more than held its own under the circumstances but we're limited with what we can do on offense right now due to injuries. Hopefully we can keep it competitive.

I know what you mean, our top RB was out too against Sam Houston and our running game went nowhere. Of course, the Kats defense was also very good and had lots to do with that. It should be a very good game against SLU, hopefully a good crowd will show up.