PDA

View Full Version : Are the Montana State fans still talking??!

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM
"Griz sucked against a lowly Weber State..."
"MSU will blow out the Wildcats..."
"ISU will blow out the Griz..."

Good analysis guys. It's good hearing you talk ***** during the season against the Griz and then being shut up as the season goes on. Yes there is still season to play -- but this should teach you a lesson!

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I was wondering the same thing, Nick. Think any of the 'Cat fans who were talking **** will have the balls to post here? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TulsaBobcat
October 8th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I will post, but then again, I didn't talk crap. I said that the Cats would have a tough game at Weber. The Cats simply haven't put together a complete game to date, and as a result I find it hard to ever pick them to win easily. As for the Griz, I really don't care. What they do is what they do. We can't worry about them. :cool:

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Who do the Cats play next week? JW...

Hansel
October 8th, 2005, 07:05 PM
at Portland

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:09 PM
at Portland
Should be a good one. As long as the Cat fans don't make more guarentees :eek:

catbob
October 8th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Griz fans unite!! One convincing win and the flood gates were opened to talk down the Cats victory. Give me a break guys.

FACT

UM AND MSU are undefeated in conference.

I'm getting tired of talking about this already. :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

barechestcat
October 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Duck duck,
What woudl you like us to do? Not support our team and predict a victory for our team?

The truth is the Griz played a great game today.

The truth is the 'Cats played a crappy game today and are lucky to have won.

I'm the first to say that if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts......". The bottom lilne is defensively and offensively we need to improve. The potential is there. It remains to be seen if we can actually do it or not!

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Griz fans unite!! One convincing win and the flood gates were opened to talk down the Cats victory. Give me a break guys.

FACT

UM AND MSU are undefeated in conference.

I'm getting tired of talking about this already. :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse
Then you shouldn't have started the talking ;)

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Duck duck,
What woudl you like us to do? Not support our team and predict a victory for our team?

The truth is the Griz played a great game today.

The truth is the 'Cats played a crappy game today and are lucky to have won.

I'm the first to say that if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts......". The bottom lilne is defensively and offensively we need to improve. The potential is there. It remains to be seen if we can actually do it or not!
You're right. Congrats on the win. But maybe you should learn about bashing the Griz for beating a "mediocre" team, especially since this is the SECOND consecutive time you've had to beat them with a last second FG.

barechestcat
October 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
By the way,
There was several Griz fans on Bobcat nation this week stating that the Griz were going to get beat. And, based upon the way they had played to date I tended to agree with them.

Again, that's why you play the game. The griz came to play.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:23 PM
By the way,
There was several Griz fans on Bobcat nation this week stating that the Griz were going to get beat. And, based upon the way they had played to date I tended to agree with them.

You're right again. That's why I said one week at a time. Griz were timid, but weren't predicting to blow out ISU ala Cat fans against Weber..And every other game for that matter when they're coming off a win.

Oh yeah and you probably shouldn't GUARENTEE any more wins/losses.

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I thought the Griz would lose today too. Honesty is the best policy, right? But the smack about the Griz getting killed and the 'Cats crushing Weber... That has a tendency to tick people off. But, hey, both the Griz and 'Cats won today on the road. That's pretty cool! :nod: :nod:

Ronbo
October 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I think you three Griz fans need to eat some crow. You have been saying the Griz suck all season. :rolleyes:

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I think you three Griz fans need to eat some crow. You three have been saying the Griz suck all season. :rolleyes:

I never said, for the record the Griz suck. I just said they have work to do. And it looks like they've been workin' hard.

The Cats won today and it pisses me off, but I will say congrats to them. Weber is better than people think. Another crazy week in the Big Sky.

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I think you three Griz fans need to eat some crow. You three have been saying the Griz suck all season. :rolleyes:

This is one of those times when saying "it was only one game" is appropriate. I never said the Griz suck, but I have been worried about them keeping their record for playoff appearances. That's how spoiled we are! I think Berquist is the real deal. He played really well today, and from what I was able to hear, made some smart choices. It also sounded like some of his passes should have been caught but were dropped. We may be better than I thought in the beginning, but the only reason I was worried was because of the QB situation. The Griz are pretty damn good in all aspects of the game, now it seems that QB may be included.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

VictorG
October 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
By the way,

Don't judge a poster by what they say............now I know that doesn't make sense but several posters who have gotten booted from egriz now are on your board. Being a "fan" is not what they are about.

This was a big win for the Griz today. Many fans may have very well been doubting if the Griz could win or not. But they did and convincingly. Although I've been a Cole B. fan since spring ball, I'll withhold judgment a few more weeks on weather we have found our new QB or not but he certainly played very well today! Everyone played well today!!

barechestcat
October 8th, 2005, 07:44 PM
As an outsider to the Griz, I would find it hard to justify Washington coming back in and re-claiming his starting spot if Cole continues to play like today; he got the job done very efficiently.
On second thought, I vote for Washington to come back and start ;)

catbob
October 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM
FACT: Weber IS a mediocre team.

Did you watch the game? I'll give you the reasons the game was close.

Cats WR (Gatewood) drops 2 TD passes. 14 points gone. Cats turn the ball over 3 times and are penalized 11 times for 120 yards. Ugly, ugly, ugly game.

But if we played more to our potential, people don't talk the Wildcats up; rather, they classify Weber as the team they really are - a mediocre team with the potential to beat any team on any given Saturday.

Tod
October 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM
FACT: Weber IS a mediocre team.

Did you watch the game? I'll give you the reasons the game was close.

Cats WR (Gatewood) drops 2 TD passes. 14 points gone. Cats turn the ball over 3 times and are penalized 11 times for 120 yards. Ugly, ugly, ugly game.

But if we played more to our potential, people don't talk the Wildcats up; rather, they classify Weber as the team they really are - a mediocre team with the potential to beat any team on any given Saturday.

I don't think anybody is saying that Weber is great. Just surprisingly strong, as compared to what has been expected.

If you want to talk penalties, the Griz has more penalties for more yards than the 'Cats had today.

TulsaBobcat
October 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I don't think anybody is saying that Weber is great. Just surprisingly strong, as compared to what has been expected.

If you want to talk penalties, the Griz has more penalties for more yards than the 'Cats had today.

That is fine with me. I'll let you guys win that competition every week. :D

putter
October 8th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I think you three Griz fans need to eat some crow. You have been saying the Griz suck all season. :rolleyes:

If you remember correctly Ronbo, I did not say the Griz sucked either! I was disappointed with Washington's play and that is what I stated and I still stand behind it! This was the first game that the receivers had balls thrown to them that they could catch downfield. I think there is more improvement to be had as it was Cole's first game but I thought he did a great job in his first start in a difficult environment.

AZGrizFan
October 9th, 2005, 12:30 AM
If you remember correctly Ronbo, I did not say the Griz sucked either! I was disappointed with Washington's play and that is what I stated and I still stand behind it! This was the first game that the receivers had balls thrown to them that they could catch downfield. I think there is more improvement to be had as it was Cole's first game but I thought he did a great job in his first start in a difficult environment.

Given the fact that the BSC was a collective 1-18 on the road this year, the fact that a RS freshman could come in, in his first start, and lead them to a decisive victory, is a huge step forward. I know it's only one start, but I feel much better about our chances with EWU, PSU and MSU, as long as JW doesn't make a miracle comeback.

BelgradeBobcat
October 9th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Well I never made any guarantees, but I thought the Bobcats would get a fairly comfortable win today-when will I ever learn-the is the Bobcats we're talking about.

As for the griz-I predicted that they would win today and I wasn't surprised to see them do it.

If ISU somehow rights the ship they may play a spoiler role for both Montana schools. When do they play Portland State?

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Well I never made any guarantees, but I thought the Bobcats would get a fairly comfortable win today-when will I ever learn-the is the Bobcats we're talking about.

As for the griz-I predicted that they would win today and I wasn't surprised to see them do it.

If ISU somehow rights the ship they may play a spoiler role for both Montana schools. When do they play Portland State?

Portland State @ Idaho State = Nov. 5th

catbob
October 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM
I think Griz fans are trying to make all Cat fans eat crow that only a select few deserve.

VictorG
October 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I think Griz fans are trying to make all Cat fans eat crow that only a select few deserve.

That is true. Everyone seemed to kiss and makeup over at egriz last night. They decided that it was just one heck of a great day for football in Montana!

GrizRick
October 9th, 2005, 10:38 AM
"Griz sucked against a lowly Weber State..."
"MSU will blow out the Wildcats..."
"ISU will blow out the Griz..."

Good analysis guys. It's good hearing you talk ***** during the season against the Griz and then being shut up as the season goes on. Yes there is still season to play -- but this should teach you a lesson!

They're just following the lead of their coach. Kramer is the best pre-season coach in the country.

catbob
October 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM
They're just following the lead of their coach. Kramer is the best pre-season coach in the country.

They only reason we are shutting up is because Griz fans are returned to their former level of arrogance and we don't feel like putting up with it again.

Why would we shut up at being 4-2 and tied for first place in the Sky?

Proud Griz Man
October 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM

More accurately = Griz fans got after El Gato. He deserved to eat crow after his doom-and-gloom predictions about the Griz. El Gato has been running his mouth constantly for the last few months. :nod:

El Gato might be a good guy and loyal MSU fan, but he started it. What goes around; comes around. :nod:

kmax
October 9th, 2005, 09:05 PM
More accurately = Griz fans got after El Gato. He deserved to eat crow after his doom-and-gloom predictions about the Griz. El Gato has been running his mouth constantly for the last few months. :nod:

El Gato might be a good guy and loyal MSU fan, but he started it. What goes around; comes around. :nod:
Agreed. Gato is a good guy and a loyal Cat fan, but his predictions at least for now deserve some crow.

I am not one to make predictions for any team, so I wasn't one of the Cat fans doing this. I will stand with some others here and say that Weber is not that great, both the Griz and Cats tried hard to make them look that way though.

The Griz played a great game and found some offense. The Cats made a great comeback to secure a win they had no business taking. What a great day for football in Montana. Both are now 2-0 in BSC play. Here's hoping come November 19th they are both 6-0.

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately, the Cat fans on BobcatNation aren't as rationable as they are on AGS -- or they have split personalities ;)

kmax
October 10th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately, the Cat fans on BobcatNation aren't as rationable as they are on AGS -- or they have split personalities ;)
Hmm, funny generalization...could have sworn all of the Cat fans that have been pretty rational here on this thread are almost verbatim copying posts they have put up in response to the same "accusations" by Griz fans on BobcatNation.

I think alot of Griz fans are looking for alot more in all of this than there really is. The Griz played a great game, make the ones who predicted a loss eat some good-natured crow and then let it go for God's sake. Wouldn't it be alot more fun to discuss the tough games each team faces this week to stay undefeated in conference?

PDXCat
October 10th, 2005, 03:25 PM
:shakingma :shakingma

nee ner nee ner nee ner

Come on proudcut, this is getting pretty juvenile. :shakingma :shakingma :shakingma

Good wins, notice I didn't say good games (we didn't), to both Montana schools.