PDA

View Full Version : Albany kid signed to Giants...not bad for D-III

Ruler
May 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5196

I believe that makes five kids from our program in the NFL. Just kidding about D-III, that was for the Albany naysayers. Keep an eye out for our next draft choice. He has agents already wooing him. He is another in a long line of great O-Lineman from Albany, yours truly included. Raphael Nguti-sp? a 6'6" 335lber that is on every NFL team's radar. I think he was rated the 13th best lineman in the country at any level.

Dane96
May 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Ruler--

Before you get slammed I will let my brother-in-arms know: this was already posted-- it goes on the FCS IN THE PROS board.

I also think, already, that Anderson is already on the NFL Radars. He could quite possibly be the best D-Lineman we have had. He was just filthy as a Frosh.

Ruler
May 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry AGS board. I know not what I do.

Anderson needs to get up to about 285. He is that good. I would love to see Fordie rush him off the end. He could get 10-12 sacks in the NEC from the corner.

danefan
May 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Gosh Ruler. Get you $h!t together! xrotatehx xcoolx

I remember Nguti when he was a frosh. Man what Fordie has done with him. He's a really good lineman.

Any new words on the stadium project? Did the site study start yet?

YoUDeeMan
May 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry AGS board. I know not what I do.

That's OK, most rulers don't; just surround yourself with good cabinet members and make sure the camera gets your good side. xnodx xlolx

DetroitFlyer
May 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Good for Albany!

It can only help recruiting if kids believe that they might have a shot at the next level by playing FCS ball at Albany!

As I have mentioned before, ( an NO I am not "hijacking" this thread ), Dayton has not had an NFL player in 30 years! Heck, San Diego has four kids in NFL camps this year, Albany has a number of players in the NFL and more serious prospects, and Dayton beat both of them last year, soundly....

I have said it before and many have scoffed, Mike Kelly was the best coach in all of FCS during his tenure in the division. He won games with kids that were thought to be too small, too slow, too light, etc., year after year.

Still, I would like to see Dayton have Albany's success in getting kids to the NFL, in addition to winning a ton of games.... Seeing former players play on Sunday in the NFL is great for the college program they come from IMHO!

Dane96
May 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Ok..not hijacking the thread but then go ahead and pump your coach up as the BEST FCS coach.

Ruler
May 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Don't kid yourself Dayton Flyer you guys have had some great players over the years. Especially your qb from last season, he was the best athlete with the exception of the Montana DE Bierman that they faced.. Without him you guys win 6-7 games.

PeacockRaider
May 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Do you guys know if Disch got a look by anybody, just curious?

Dane96
May 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Last I heard, playing in Germany.

Smendy
May 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I saw Albany play Monmouth last year, the Danes look like they have a lotent. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they had a former baseball player get drafted in 2007 as cornerback, mostly due to potential (had limited football experience).

UAalum72
May 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Yes, Rashard Barksdale was drafted by the Eagles, caught on with the Chiefs and played several games.

danefan
May 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I saw Albany play Monmouth last year, the Danes look like they have a lotent. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they had a former baseball player get drafted in 2007 as cornerback, mostly due to potential (had limited football experience).

He did play football his senior season at UA.