PDA

View Full Version : Deadest of dead time b4 fb season?

terrierbob
May 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Are we in it now?

TheBisonator
May 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm afraid so.

Luckily for me, I'm also a huge CFL fan, and my Blue Bombers start training camp in a couple of weeks. Once the NBA Finals are done with, we go straight into the CFL season, and I get to follow that from mid-June until the NFL preseason and the beginning of college football in late August.

As someone who hates baseball, I feel the CFL is a godsend for the time between mid-June and mid-August.

Cleets
May 14th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm afraid so.

Luckily for me, I'm also a huge CFL fan, and my Blue Bombers start training camp in a couple of weeks. Once the NBA Finals are done with, we go straight into the CFL season, and I get to follow that from mid-June until the NFL preseason and the beginning of college football in late August.

As someone who hates baseball, I feel the CFL is a godsend for the time between mid-June and mid-August.

Hating Baseball, watching Canadian Football...
And they call me a communist around here... xnonono2x

SideLine Shooter
May 14th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Are we in it now?

I've been in it since Super Bowl. I am about to go crazy. Then I play my ASU dvds and I smile again. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
May 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM

You are a wise man!!!xthumbsupx

813Jag
May 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Yep this is it. Although around here high school spring practice is starting and Arena League is on going. This is usually the time I start watching old games on tape or DVD.

Touchdown Yosef
May 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Enjoying summer baseball and Nascar. Reading AGS everyday will tend to hold me over on football and I get more ASU gossip than I ever needed. I think I'll be OK till august.

neersnbeers
May 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Nascar is all I got!!!

Rob Iola
May 14th, 2008, 09:20 AM
The person above me is passionately arguing his case for a better set of meaningful trivia questions that reflect the football names listed...

dang - c-blocked again

Flacco!!!

Have civil rights in this country progressed to the point where we will elect a black man president?

THE TOS SUCK!!! BRING BACK BIKINIS!!! WORK BE DAMNED!!! REP POINTS FOR ALL!!!

ok, I got nothing - is it August 30th yet?

lizrdgizrd
May 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Goal Line Blitz (http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=4032825) keeps me sane! :D

bobbythekidd
May 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
xbawlingx

I'm afraid so TB.

furman94
May 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Ugh... BRING ON PUMP UP THE PURPLE!! I need some Paladin Action!!

401ks
May 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Well, not if you're involved with High School football.

I've got a coaches' meeting this afternoon, and Spring Ball starts on Monday.

We've also got a Weightlifting Competition tomorrow between the football players from our four city high schools.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Not really for me. I've got two Nascar races coming up in a couple weeks, Dover and Pocono and then Pocono again in early August plus the Phillies are playing good baseball. Plus i like to get out of the house and go golfin, riding my dirtbike and bass season is just around the corner.

AZGrizFan
May 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
When you're a stats geek like me with Baseball, this is my heyday....I LOVE baseball season, fantasy baseball, etc., etc. Once FB season starts (I don't like pro ball) I'm in double heaven! xnodx xnodx

AshevilleApp2
May 14th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm a Detroit sports fan, so now is a great time for me. Pistons in the conference finals. Red Wings hopefully about to go to the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe by the time hockey and basketball are over the Tigers will start to turn things around.

AZGrizFan
May 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'm a Detroit sports fan, so now is a great time for me. Pistons in the conference finals. Red Wings hopefully about to go to the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe by the time hockey and basketball are over the Tigers will start to turn things around.

Yeah, good time to be a Detroit fan, eh? xnodx xnodx

AshevilleApp2
May 14th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, good time to be a Detroit fan, eh? xnodx xnodx

Very good time. xnodx Of course we do have the Lions, but I try to ignore that fact.

Rob Iola
May 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Very good time. xnodx Of course we do have the Lions, but I try to ignore that fact.
Well, and the greater metropolitan Detroit area, too...

Reminds me of a contest on the local radio station awhile back, where 1st prize was 1 week in Detroit and 2nd prize was 2 weeks in Detroit (hardly an original idea - also works for Cleveland, Buffalo, Tulsa, and other places - but still mighty funny)...

CID1990
May 14th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I love it right now. The Citadel is undefeated in the 2008 season. In November when we are 1-11 we will be wishing for these doldrums.

dungeonjoe
May 14th, 2008, 12:47 PM
It has nothing to do with Canadian footballxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
When you're a stats geek like me with Baseball, this is my heyday....I LOVE baseball season, fantasy baseball, etc., etc. Once FB season starts (I don't like pro ball) I'm in double heaven! xnodx xnodx

Only a guy from Arizona can not like the NFL. I mean, the teams are so closely matched week in/week out, it is a dream season for someone like me that is so interested in the strategies each team employs.

Having said that, I really feel like this is the Year of the Cardinal! xsmiley_wix :p xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

813Jag
May 14th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Also like others have said basketball and baseball are in swing.

Summer basketball will be starting so coaching will fill my dead time.

AZGrizFan
May 14th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Only a guy from Arizona can not like the NFL. I mean, the teams are so closely matched week in/week out, it is a dream season for someone like me that is so interested in the strategies each team employs.

Having said that, I really feel like this is the Year of the Cardinal! xsmiley_wix :p xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Actually, I never liked it even before I lived here. Having the Cardinals only cemented the deal. xlolx

AshevilleApp2
May 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Well, and the greater metropolitan Detroit area, too...

Reminds me of a contest on the local radio station awhile back, where 1st prize was 1 week in Detroit and 2nd prize was 2 weeks in Detroit (hardly an original idea - also works for Cleveland, Buffalo, Tulsa, and other places - but still mighty funny)...

That is funny. I drove over to Detroit a couple of days after the App/Michigan game last year to catch the Tigers. What a depressing place. Made me thankful once again that my old man got transferred to North Carolina back in 1973.

APPALACHIANstate
May 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, thats why I ordered Madden 2008 for the PC. I also have NASCAR (Go Harvick) and NBA Playoffs. Wrestling Club (HS) will be going this summer also.

stevdock
May 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM

The worst thing about the NFL is Arizona is you are stuck watching the Cardinals if you want to watch NFC football outside of Sun and Mon night. I lived there for 3 years when the Cards were still in the NFC East and they played that division twice a year. Considering I don't like most of those teams, FOX just never came on in my house cause I knew who would be on. And then with the timezones, the first game of the day was over by the time I got home from church. So you are stuck with 1 game (most weeks), which is usually the Cards playing whoever. NFL was just not possible out there.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
What?! No love for the NFC East? Do I sense some West Coast bias? Nahhhhhhh... ;)

KAUMASS
May 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Yup, you might as well sit in the stadium and watch the field turf grow. If that doesn't excite you, watch the grass grow in your yard. Dull spring and summer days make way for awesome, crisp fall football Saturdays.

rjg129
May 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Officially the dead time...

I hate baseball, nascar is only good in highlights...

wish i could find some cfl football, arena just doesnt do it for me...luckily, in june, my cousins semipro team starts playing

rjg129
May 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I even purchased a new lawnmower yesterday, which is sayin something since ive been paying someone to cut my grass since 2001

proasu89
May 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
GAS will soon bring us out of our funk with the 100 days countdown.

xpeacex

Seawolf97
May 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
We can always build Lego Stadiums and sell them:)

catamount man
May 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I'm afraid so.

Amen. I can't wait to CFL kicks off. If I had to pick a team to lean to, I would pick BC but I enjoy watching all the CFL teams.

Ivytalk
May 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I will never admit that I like the CFL brand of FB, but I will respect CFL fans in the morning!xcoolx

I love baseball, so I'm OK, TYVM!xnodx

APPALACHIANstate
May 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I even purchased a new lawnmower yesterday, which is sayin something since ive been paying someone to cut my grass since 2001

What kind?

appsfan
May 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Yes, we are in the dead zone. The NFL draft gave me a reprieve a few weeks ago, but I don't get too excited about OTA's. Since MLB lost me with the last strike and I don't care for the NBA there isn't much for me to follow. In about six weeks I have my annual Florida vacation and when I get back home there is only about two weeks before training camps start. Once I get through the next month, I'll be OK.

furman94
May 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM

Now you have Felton in Detroit for your Lions, so you won't ignnore them anymore!

AshevilleApp2
May 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Now you have Felton in Detroit for your Lions, so you won't ignnore them anymore!

It'll be nice to cheer for him, I think he was a good pick-up xnodx . I'm ready to be excited about the Lions, but they have to show me something to be excited about. One playoff win in fifty years doesn't cut it.

BearsCountry
May 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I got college baseball, basketball recruiting plus the Royals to tie me over until football season.

rjg129
May 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM
What kind?

Craftsman 8.75 torque, 21" cutting deck

Used it today for the first time, powerful

Keeper
May 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Not so fast my friends........

The pre-season mags will be out soon, if not Athlon already.
They will occupy my time until the end of June, or whenever
Phil Steele's last regional comes out. After that July golf wait
golf wait golf wait August, too hot to golf, wait some more.xboringx

And above all else, I have my stats to keep me company. xscanx

The only remaining suspense is Nicholls State complete schedule.