View Full Version : Delaware And Delaware State Talk Regular Season Game

Lehigh Football Nation
May 12th, 2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=delaware-delaware-state-discuss-regular-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

NEWARK — University of Delaware and Delaware State athletic department officials have had preliminary discussions about scheduling their first regular-season football meeting, UD athletic director Edgar Johnson said Thursday.

The schools met for the first time in the 2007 NCAA Division I-AA playoffs, a first-round game won handily by the Blue Hens 44-7 at Delaware Stadium.

Prior to that, new Delaware president Patrick Harker had pledged to end UD’s perennial resistance to scheduling its in-state neighbor.

“It’ll get done,” Johnson said Thursday.

xthumbsupx

slycat
May 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
good to hear. could be a great in-state series.

bluehenbillk
May 13th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Just another patsy.

andy7171
May 13th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Delaware-Del State should become as exciting as the Towson-Morgan State "rivalry". ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

813Jag
May 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I know Delaware St. had a pretty good season last year, but what are the prospects for them to have consistent success? That's the only thing that would make this series interesting.

After their playoff game they have lots of ground to make up.

TexasTerror
May 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
They really going to do a home-and-home? It does not make financial-sense for the Blue Hens considering they would be losing a sell out for a road game in which their fans will have no room to get in. Is their a decent neutral facility that DSU could host their end of the contest?

andy7171
May 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
They could probably fit the entire state of Delaware into the Dover Raceway and play the game on the infield. :D

No. Nothing neutral. You wouldn't fill a quarter of the stadium in Philly or Baltimore. The Hornets just have to realize that their field is just not acceptable and just play them in Newark if they want this game to go down.

bluehenbillk
May 13th, 2008, 08:20 AM
They really going to do a home-and-home? It does not make financial-sense for the Blue Hens considering they would be losing a sell out for a road game in which their fans will have no room to get in. Is their a decent neutral facility that DSU could host their end of the contest?

In a word - NO. All games would be in Newark for the forseeable future. Honestly, this will probably never be a long-term series. They'll play & schedule a few games & then the novelty & the reality about the gap between the programs will send both schools elsewhere.

89Hen
May 13th, 2008, 08:23 AM
good to hear. could be a great in-state series.
xboringx They play in other sports with no rivalry at all. DSU got smoked last year with the best team they've had in decades.

Monarch History
May 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
They'll play & schedule a few games & then the novelty & the reality about the gap between the programs will send both schools elsewhere.

I agree with bluehenbill in the fact that "the gap between the programs" will obviously be noticed by DSU fans and the games will be an on-and-off series. I can't imagine Delaware agreeing to play in Dover.

RadMann
May 13th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I just don't find the prospect of a game that interesting, and I don't think the DSU folks do either. The folks instate with a political chip on their shoulder related to UD being the principal state university want it, but just for the political reasons.

slycat
May 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
xboringx They play in other sports with no rivalry at all. DSU got smoked last year with the best team they've had in decades.

didnt use the word rivalry. its good to see in-state teams play each other instead of ignoring one another in football.

RadMann
May 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
didnt use the word rivalry. its good to see in-state teams play each other instead of ignoring one another in football.

I disagree primarily because I don't see DSU as identifying itself primarily with the state; it sees itself as an HBCU. In addition UD students see themselves as UD, not necessarily closely tied to the state. DSU / UD is about as much a "natural" rivalry as UD would have with a school like Salisbury State, another smaller school on the Delmarva peninsula with little if anything in common with UD. This is a non-issue, non-rivalry, and to be frank boring prospect for a game to me. The do-gooders, newspaper people and politicos who want to score points for DSU can trump it all they want, but it has no appeal.

jstclmet
May 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM
So, the only real question remaining is who's going to start the pool for when DSU finally beats UD???

2009 (I'm no bookie, so I'm just going to throw some numbers out) 50 - 1 odds??? That seem about right???

2010 25 - 1??

2011 15 - 1??

2012 10 - 1??

2013 5 - 1??

2014 2 - 1???

Whad'ya think????

putter
May 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
ESPN must have loved last year when it played up the "not playing each other" card and then get the playoff committee to bow to the need to broadcast the drama that they created. The game was a non-event and I don't see any rivalry developing more than what has already been created. It may have that potential but not for a few years.

Rob Iola
May 13th, 2008, 09:35 PM
ESPN must have loved last year when it played up the "not playing each other" card and then get the playoff committee to bow to the need to broadcast the drama that they created. The game was a non-event and I don't see any rivalry developing more than what has already been created. It may have that potential but not for a few years.
nah, the playoff committee just followed the 1st round pairing criteria - since neither school was seeded, they were a natural geographic pairing - the only thing the invented drama resulted in was a Friday timeslot for the Worldwide Leader to broadcast...

Rob Iola
May 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I disagree primarily because I don't see DSU as identifying itself primarily with the state; it sees itself as an HBCU. In addition UD students see themselves as UD, not necessarily closely tied to the state. DSU / UD is about as much a "natural" rivalry as UD would have with a school like Salisbury State, another smaller school on the Delmarva peninsula with little if anything in common with UD. This is a non-issue, non-rivalry, and to be frank boring prospect for a game to me. The do-gooders, newspaper people and politicos who want to score points for DSU can trump it all they want, but it has no appeal.
Shenanigans!
C'mon, DSU/UD makes much more sense than the West Chester game or the Monmouth/Albany games. It sure as hell ain't Salisbury State.

Play the damn game...

redflash2
May 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
didn't albany beat UD like two yrs. ago??

GannonFan
May 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
If they play, it will never be a home and home with a game in Dover. DSU could make more money with a payout by Delaware to play in Newark rather than playing at the tiny stadium in Dover. You can't argue about how great it would be for the state to play the game and then play it in a stadium that can't sit 1/4th of what the stadium in Newark can. If DSU holds out for a true home and home, the game might not be played.

Rob Iola
May 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
didn't albany beat UD like two yrs. ago??
yeah, and West Chester's beaten us a smattering of times over the course of the last few decades - point is that a game like DSU would be far more compelling...

Rob Iola
May 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
If they play, it will never be a home and home with a game in Dover. DSU could make more money with a payout by Delaware to play in Newark rather than playing at the tiny stadium in Dover. You can't argue about how great it would be for the state to play the game and then play it in a stadium that can't sit 1/4th of what the stadium in Newark can. If DSU holds out for a true home and home, the game might not be played.
well at least until DSU builds their D1 size stadium that their prez dreams about...

redflash2
May 13th, 2008, 11:54 PM
i was just asking about the Albany UD game because I wasn't sure, not trying to make a point or anything... xnonono2x

bluehenbillk
May 14th, 2008, 06:10 AM
So, the only real question remaining is who's going to start the pool for when DSU finally beats UD???

2009 (I'm no bookie, so I'm just going to throw some numbers out) 50 - 1 odds??? That seem about right???

2010 25 - 1??

2011 15 - 1??

2012 10 - 1??

2013 5 - 1??

2014 2 - 1???

Whad'ya think????

Well barring another playoff game the earliest it'll happen is 2012....that's already on record.

Rob Iola
May 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM
i was just asking about the Albany UD game because I wasn't sure, not trying to make a point or anything... xnonono2x
No worries mate! Huge win for Albany, obviously... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

RadMann
May 14th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Shenanigans!
C'mon, DSU/UD makes much more sense than the West Chester game or the Monmouth/Albany games. It sure as hell ain't Salisbury State.

Play the damn game...

YAWN... The game does nothing for me. I have nothing against DSU, I just don't see HBCU fans such as those at DSU being interested in such a game and I don't see UD folks being interested. The two sets of fans are in different worlds with different rivalries.

Ivytalk
May 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
It'll get done...when Johnson is pushing up daisies!xrolleyesx

UDChE89
May 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
YAWN... The game does nothing for me. I have nothing against DSU, I just don't see HBCU fans such as those at DSU being interested in such a game and I don't see UD folks being interested. The two sets of fans are in different worlds with different rivalries.

Heck, living here in Dover, I hardly see them being interested in their own HBCU games. I was surprised on their homecoming that the area wasn't packed three hours before kickoff on a beautiful Saturday.

Rob Iola
May 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
It'll get done...when Johnson is pushing up daisies!xrolleyesx
Didn't he get taken out back and shot after the NC ticket fiasco?!?

R.A.
May 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Delaware-Del State should become as exciting as the Towson-Morgan State "rivalry". ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Del State- Del will be more competitive in the future.

redflash2
May 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
the MEAC is kinda weak....xrotatehx

Rob Iola
May 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
the MEAC is kinda weak....xrotatehx
but they have cracker-jack refs!!!

Henny
May 15th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't mind getting away from WCUPA for a few years and if that means playing DSU at home then so be it. I'd be glad to have them up to Newark again in the future. Its funny though, after the playoff game you dont hear DSU cry to much about the game anymore.

AZGrizFan
May 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Just another patsy.

No *****. That's all UD needs, with all the patsies already in the CAA, to have to be committed to playing DSU every year. SOS would go down the tubes. xsmiley_wix

bluehenbillk
May 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't mind getting away from WCUPA for a few years and if that means playing DSU at home then so be it. I'd be glad to have them up to Newark again in the future. Its funny though, after the playoff game you dont hear DSU cry to much about the game anymore.

I agree that the WCU game is getting boring.....

93henfan
May 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM
That's all UD needs, with all the patsies already in the CAA

Yep, nothing like that powerhouse Big Cakewalk, er I mean, Big Sky!xthumbsupx

UD77
May 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't see Del State being a big game but at least 1AA not D2 like West Chester. The win would at least count. West Chester and Del State might have a good contest.

Rob Iola
May 15th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I don't see Del State being a big game but at least 1AA not D2 like West Chester. The win would at least count. West Chester and Del State might have a good contest.
WCU would kick Del State's butt 7 or 8 games out of every 10...

AZGrizFan
May 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yep, nothing like that powerhouse Big Cakewalk, er I mean, Big Sky!xthumbsupx

I'm sure I have no idea what you're referring to. I just wish we'd have gotten a gimmee in the first round of the playoffs last year. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

redflash2
May 15th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Del State would be the brakes off of West Chester...

89Hen
May 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
There is quite a bit of disparity in the benefit of this game IMO.

DSU would benefit by having their team play a close away game in front of a lot of people. It also probably wouldn't hurt their recruiting. They'd also make more money than a home game.

UD on the other hand would get an opponent who would want a lot of tickets for the game... something we really don't need. If Delaware Stadium were half full for the West Chester game, or any other, then a UD/DSU game would benefit the Hens. It could be a benefit over WCUPA in that the game would count in the eyes of the committee come selection time, but so does Monmouth or Albany or any other I-AA that would only take up 500 seats in our stadium.

89Hen
May 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Del State would be the brakes off of West Chester...
I think it would be a good game.

FWIW
Delaware 41 - WCUPA 14
Delaware 44 - DSU 7

FWIW2
WCUPA is 2-0 vs Del State all-time xeyebrowx

DSUHornet
May 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I know Delaware St. had a pretty good season last year, but what are the prospects for them to have consistent success? That's the only thing that would make this series interesting.

last year was our best season in our recent history. and this new recruit class is the best we've seen in recent years. improvement is evident.

redflash2
May 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Those scores mean nothing, Del St. would beat WCU by at least two touchdowns...xnodx

bluehenbillk
May 16th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I would've taken WCU last year, they were better than DSU on both sides of the ball. You are right, you can't look at those scores, UD pulled the 1st string out of the DSU game after the 1st series of the 2nd half. Cuff could've/would've had 400 yards or more rushing if they wanted to rub their noses in it.

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Those scores mean nothing, Del St. would beat WCU by at least two touchdowns...xnodx
Those scores don't mean much, but they're more than what you have to say otherwise. Did you see both teams play last year?

redflash2
May 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Yea I seen both teams play I've seen West Chester play when they played CalU, and I've seen Del State when they played coastal so yes I have seen both teams play and I definetly think that Del State would be them by two touchdowns.

AppGrad06
May 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Hey everyone always gets fired up for ASU v. WCU and I can't even count how long it's been since Western made a good show of it.

89Hen
May 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Yea I seen both teams play I've seen West Chester play when they played CalU, and I've seen Del State when they played coastal so yes I have seen both teams play and I definetly think that Del State would be them by two touchdowns.
I would guess Cal (PA) would beat both.

redflash2
May 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I would guess Cal (PA) would beat both.

yea i think so i was very impressed with CalU

YoUDeeMan
May 16th, 2008, 08:58 PM

Seeing two teams against non-common opponents isn't a good measure. Too many variables.

Having seen both against UD, I would call it a toss up between DSU and West Chester. DSU might have been able to limit the Ram's run game a bit, but DSU couldn't score much against anyone; so I don't think either team would have won by two TDs.

I'd take the home team.

GannonFan
May 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I'm sure I have no idea what you're referring to. I just wish we'd have gotten a gimmee in the first round of the playoffs last year. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Well, it's kinda hard for Montana to play themselves in the first round, isn't it??? xlolx xlolx xlolx

BBB
May 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM

UD could SAVE money by just jumping on a bus and riding down to Dover every other year instead of trying to pay Del State to come every year.

Personally I think local schools SHOULD play each other to cut down on expenses. I'm glad we're finally getting to play Georgetown. I also believe that HBCUs should get out and play other opponents BUT, I don't think its fair that alot of schools are "demanding" us to play in their stadiums only. Granted UD is the better school BUT, if UD can't put up the 1-A type payouts then they don't have the clout to ask for "their stadium" only deals.

We should be playing each other to create a little more unity and find out that we're really not that different at all.

BBB
May 18th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I would've taken WCU last year, they were better than DSU on both sides of the ball. You are right, you can't look at those scores, UD pulled the 1st string out of the DSU game after the 1st series of the 2nd half. Cuff could've/would've had 400 yards or more rushing if they wanted to rub their noses in it.

That means nothing really. Some teams get up for other teams. App State beat Michigan but lost to a few teams in the SoCon, doesn't mean that those SoCon teams could take Michigan as well. Some teams just match up a little better.

Del State would take WCU easily.

93henfan
May 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
UD could SAVE money by just jumping on a bus and riding down to Dover every other year instead of trying to pay Del State to come every year.

Personally I think local schools SHOULD play each other to cut down on expenses. I'm glad we're finally getting to play Georgetown. I also believe that HBCUs should get out and play other opponents BUT, I don't think its fair that alot of schools are "demanding" us to play in their stadiums only. Granted UD is the better school BUT, if UD can't put up the 1-A type payouts then they don't have the clout to ask for "their stadium" only deals.

We should be playing each other to create a little more unity and find out that we're really not that different at all.

1. UD would bleed money driving to Dover. Simple math: 22,000 seat stadium vs 7,000 seat stadium. Even after a payout on a 22K gate, you make more money than a sold-out 7K gate.

2. Delaware can't pay 1-A type payouts? Correct. I-A type payouts come from schools that have 60K+ capacity. I don't see FCS schools knocking down the doors of I-A Troy, MTSU, etc with stadiums closer to the size of Delaware's. FCSs knock on the doors of the Michigans, OSUs, PSUs, FSUs etc of the world for payouts, and those payouts are tip money for schools that huge.

3. I'm all for the unity thing. I would submit to DelState that a good start to unity would be (a) instructing your band not to play when the opponents' player is injured on the field, (b) not calling an institution racist for failing to schedule you when it doesn't make any financial sense (and others reasons frequently cited on this board) - instead, build a reputable program with a presentable stadium and get back to us, and (c) being a part of a conference that has pathetic officiating, as personally witnessed on numerous occasions over the course of the last twenty years - again, set some standards (basic knowledge of the game, physical fitness, etc) so you don't embarrass your conference over and over on regional and national television.

4. I agree DSU is better than WCU. I saw some serious stagefright against Delaware in the playoffs. I wouldn't expect to see that again in the future.

redflash2
May 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
That means nothing really. Some teams get up for other teams. App State beat Michigan but lost to a few teams in the SoCon, doesn't mean that those SoCon teams could take Michigan as well. Some teams just match up a little better.

Exactly DSU would beat on WCU...

And DSU had major stage freight against UD

GannonFan
May 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Top DII teams have historically given even the top FCS teams trouble in single games. Delaware State has a long way to go before they are even considered a top FCS team. Actually having seen the two programs for quite some time (I'm willing to bet most saying DSU would kill WCU don't have that kind of background to draw on) West Chester is every bit the equal of DSU - it would be a pretty competitive series. Lavan has the ability to change that but there's still a ways to go. And Zwann (I'm sure some have no idea who that is) has made West Chester relevant after the Daniels days.

And as for last year, it wasn't stagefright that doomed DSU - it was the complete lack of an offense. It almost doomed them in a clearly down MEAC last year and when they stepped up in class it was clear as day. That game could have been played on a practice field with no fans and the result would've been the same.

stevdock
May 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
2. Delaware can't pay 1-A type payouts? Correct. I-A type payouts come from schools that have 60K+ capacity. I don't see FCS schools knocking down the doors of I-A Troy, MTSU, etc with stadiums closer to the size of Delaware's. FCSs knock on the doors of the Michigans, OSUs, PSUs, FSUs etc of the world for payouts, and those payouts are tip money for schools that huge.

I don't think Ball St's stadium is much bigger than Delaware's and we still got a nice paycheck from them to come play there two seasons ago. We're getting a nice chunk next year to go play Wyoming, and while it is bigger, it's nowhere close to 60K+ in capacity. And without our fans going to the Gopher games (another big paycheck) the last two years they wouldn't have had a crowd too much bigger than the 22K that Delaware has.

stevdock
May 18th, 2008, 09:53 PM
And as for last year, it wasn't stagefright that doomed DSU - it was the complete lack of an offense. It almost doomed them in a clearly down MEAC last year and when they stepped up in class it was clear as day. That game could have been played on a practice field with no fans and the result would've been the same.

Agreed. I was excited to see some playoff football and that was the game on ESPN and was very disappointed that was over shortly after kickoff. You couldn't compare the teams in terms of talent. It wasn't anywhere close, especially offensively. But I believe one important way to improve your team is to play the best in your area and be able to close the gap with them.

bluehenbillk
May 19th, 2008, 07:13 AM

Wait a minute, DSU wasn't up for playing UD???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

89Hen
May 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
4. I agree DSU is better than WCU. I saw some serious stagefright against Delaware in the playoffs. I wouldn't expect to see that again in the future.
They disguised it pre-game pretty well. Our seats in the NEZ were 10 yards from the DSU strutting show pre-game. I never had any ill feelings toward DSU until 10 minutes before kickoff that day. IF they ever meet again, I would hope the coach does a better job of reeling in his players and letting them know they had a job to do before prancing around. But, since the game will be years away, I'm sure we'll see it all over again next time. xcoffeex

redflash2
May 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
They disguised it pre-game pretty well. Our seats in the NEZ were 10 yards from the DSU strutting show pre-game. I never had any ill feelings toward DSU until 10 minutes before kickoff that day. IF they ever meet again, I would hope the coach does a better job of reeling in his players and letting them know they had a job to do before prancing around. But, since the game will be years away, I'm sure we'll see it all over again next time. xcoffeex

LOL what was DSU doing??

aust42
May 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Have you ever seen WCU play before? I've been a Delaware season ticket holder for several years and WCU is traditionally a very good Div II team. WCU would probably have beaten DSU last year and certainly would beat DSU most years if they played each other. We didn't have to rest our starters until midway thru the 4th quarter against WCU, we rested our starters midway thru the 3rd quarter (of a playoff game) against DSU.

93henfan
May 19th, 2008, 04:45 PM

No doubt 89, I saw their BS routine when they ran out. See Webster's definition of "false" and "bravado".

When Hell's Bells started to play and smoke poured from the south end zone as the home team ran out to the approval of a crowd unlike anything DSU is used to seeing, I again looked over at the Hornets and they weren't thumping their chests anymore.xlolx

redflash2
May 19th, 2008, 06:40 PM
No doubt 89, I saw their BS routine when they ran out. See Webster's definition of "false" and "bravado".

When Hell's Bells started to play and smoke poured from the south end zone as the home team ran out to the approval of a crowd unlike anything DSU is used to seeing, I again looked over at the Hornets and they weren't thumping their chests anymore.xlolx

lmao xlolx

BBB
May 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Have you ever seen WCU play before? I've been a Delaware season ticket holder for several years and WCU is traditionally a very good Div II team. WCU would probably have beaten DSU last year and certainly would beat DSU most years if they played each other. We didn't have to rest our starters until midway thru the 4th quarter against WCU, we rested our starters midway thru the 3rd quarter (of a playoff game) against DSU.

Actually I have and if they play you every year I'm sure they will get familiar with you hence the reason they played you tough. In football it's all about matchups. WCU matches up with Delaware better than Del State BUT that doesn't mean Del State would get rolled by WCU.

Del State wasn't familiar with Delaware NOR were they familiar with that playoff atmosphere that the Hens had in their stadium. That's a lot for a first time team to get comfortable with. I'm sure if you threw Delaware in a 1-A playoff game AT LSU, it might look the same. The Hornets got caught flatten. I doubt WCU has that type of atmosphere.

As far as the "outrage" about DSU "strutting" come on fellas. Are you REALLY that upset about that? Sheesh.

BBB
May 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Wait a minute, DSU wasn't up for playing UD???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Where did you read that at?

aust42
May 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Actually I have and if they play you every year I'm sure they will get familiar with you hence the reason they played you tough. In football it's all about matchups. WCU matches up with Delaware better than Del State BUT that doesn't mean Del State would get rolled by WCU.

Del State wasn't familiar with Delaware NOR were they familiar with that playoff atmosphere that the Hens had in their stadium. That's a lot for a first time team to get comfortable with. I'm sure if you threw Delaware in a 1-A playoff game AT LSU, it might look the same. The Hornets got caught flatten. I doubt WCU has that type of atmosphere.

I'm talking football, not about whose used to playing who, whose familiar with big crowds, playoff atmospheres etc. Delawares O-Line and D-line pushed DSU's Lineman around like they were pushing around meals on wheels carts. Delaware was trying to run the clock out in the 2nd quarter but kept getting 15 yards a pop and ended up scoring. Then Delaware put their 2nd string in midway thru the 3rd quarter of a playoff game. Unheard of. WCU wasn't that bad. West Chester would have certainly competed and probably beat DSU and any other team out of the MEAC.

DSU better drastically improve if they ever want to compete with Delaware. Here's what has happened when DSU has played recent top 1AA teams. Unfortunately WCU can only be compared to Delaware.

2007 Delaware 44-7 DSU
2006 Northwestern St 23-3 DSU
2005 JMU 65-7 DSU
2004 UMASS 51-0 DSU
2004 Southern Ill 49-0 DSU
2003 Northwestern St 43-6 DSU
2002 Northwestern St 34-14 DSU

2007 Delaware 41-14 WCU
2006 Delaware 30-7 WCU
2005 Delaware 42-21 WCU
2004 Delaware 24-6 WCU
2003 Delaware 49-7 WCU
2002 Delaware 31-10 WCU

redflash2
May 19th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm talking football, not about whose used to playing who, whose familiar with big crowds, playoff atmospheres etc. Delawares O-Line and D-line pushed DSU's Lineman around like they were pushing around meals on wheels carts. Delaware was trying to run the clock out in the 2nd quarter but kept getting 15 yards a pop and ended up scoring. Then Delaware put their 2nd string in midway thru the 3rd quarter of a playoff game. Unheard of. WCU wasn't that bad. West Chester would have certainly competed and probably beat DSU and any other team out of the MEAC.

DSU better drastically improve if they ever want to compete with Delaware. Here's what has happened when DSU has played recent top 1AA teams. Unfortunately WCU can only be compared to Delaware.

2007 Delaware 44-7 DSU
2006 Northwestern St 23-3 DSU
2005 JMU 65-7 DSU
2004 UMASS 51-0 DSU
2004 Southern Ill 49-0 DSU
2003 Northwestern St 43-6 DSU
2002 Northwestern St 34-14 DSU

2007 Delaware 41-14 WCU
2006 Delaware 30-7 WCU
2005 Delaware 42-21 WCU
2004 Delaware 24-6 WCU
2003 Delaware 49-7 WCU
2002 Delaware 31-10 WCU

Damn DSU be gettin drubbed lol. But WCU beating any team in the MEAC I don't know about that, they'll probably beat NCA&T.

Rob Iola
May 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Damn DSU be gettin drubbed lol. But WCU beating any team in the MEAC I don't know about that, they'll probably beat NCA&T.
WCU would be a perennial contender for the MEAC crown...

bluehenbillk
May 20th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Where did you read that at?

It's what you intimated in your earlier post....xcoffeex

89Hen
May 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
LOL what was DSU doing??
I lot of skipping, chest thumping, egging on the crowd... didn't really bother me as much as it made me laugh.

89Hen
May 20th, 2008, 08:31 AM
The Hornets got caught flatten. I doubt WCU has that type of atmosphere.

As far as the "outrage" about DSU "strutting" come on fellas. Are you REALLY that upset about that? Sheesh.
The game could have been played in Dover and the result would have been the same.

BTW, "outrage"? xeyebrowx

93henfan
May 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Damn DSU be gettin drubbed lol.

And he didn't even list this one:

November 8, 1980
Portland State 105 - DSU 0