PDA

View Full Version : While NC is roiling over App State playing on Friday....

Lehigh Football Nation
May 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
... in New Jersey, nobody cares.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=1457857

For the third straight season, the nation can tune in on an autumn Friday night and watch the Princeton football team in an Ivy League showdown. The 100th meeting between local rivals Penn and Princeton has been moved to 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 7, and will be played on Powers Field at Princeton Stadium in front of a live viewing audience on ESPNU. If it's anything like the last two Penn-Princeton games in New Jersey, the nation can expect a classic.

Here's a thought: Princeton ASKING the high schools for permission to play a football game on Friday. As if! xlolx xlolx xlolx

SoCon48
May 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
... in New Jersey, nobody cares.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=1457857

Here's a thought: Princeton ASKING the high schools for permission to play a football game on Friday. As if! xlolx xlolx xlolx

NJ doesn't care about a lot of things.;)

APPALACHIANstate
May 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
NJ doesn't care about a lot of things.;)

Their souls...

Well, that game has been a tradition though. Everyone knows it is going to happen. In North Carolina, some people don't have anything other than football (HS) going for them, especially in the rural areas. People work their jobs and look forward to watching some HS Football.

citdog
May 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
THE 'DOGS ARE GONNA CUT THAT YANKEE ASS IN CHARLESTON!

already123
May 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
what is the big deal about this anyways ?

phillyAPP
May 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
what is the big deal about this anyways ?

Carolina High School Football is Not Texas but the H.S. coaches think they are VERY important. xrotatehx xsmiley_wix

I kind of laugh at anyone that thinks they are THAT important.

The HS coaches are as mature as the kids they coach.lol

Actually most of the HS coaches don't really care and APP got permission from HS's to play on Friday night.lol

I heard they got a note from the AD's mom and gave it to the HS coach.lol

It is STUPID but APP was polite.

citdog
May 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
iin New Jersey they are always distracted by the guido hair grease, and the track suit unzipped just so to show off the chest hair and gold medallion to actually care.

EmeryZach
May 10th, 2008, 02:32 PM
How did this turn into a bash New Jersey thread? South Carolina and North Carolina have their fair share of odd folks and areas as well. Also come to a North Jersey high school football game sometime, it's just as nuts as NC. If you ever get a chance come and check out the Don Bosco Prep vs. Bergen Catholic football game. They are always ranked near the top of the National High School football rankings and always have top college prospects on their teams.

SoCon48
May 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Carolina High School Football is Not Texas but the H.S. coaches think they are VERY important. xrotatehx xsmiley_wix

I kind of laugh at anyone that thinks they are THAT important.

The HS coaches are as mature as the kids they coach.lol

Actually most of the HS coaches don't really care and APP got permission from HS's to play on Friday night.lol

I heard they got a note from the AD's mom and gave it to the HS coach.lol

It is STUPID but APP was polite.

Having been a high school coach in NC, believe it or not, it's more protectivism than pride. My personal feelings are that prep ball already has to compete with many other things. So college football isn't going to make that much diff. No matter who is playing.

Heck the first few weeks in the Fall in NC, tons of otherwise fans are at Myrtle Beach by Friday night.xnonox

SideLine Shooter
May 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Having been a high school coach in NC, believe it or not, it's more protectivism than pride. My personal feelings are that prep ball already has to compete with many other things. So college football isn't going to make that much diff. No matter who is playing.

Heck the first few weeks in the Fall in NC, tons of otherwise fans are at Myrtle Beach by Friday night.xnonox

You are EXACTLY RIGHT!!!xnodx xnodx