PDA

View Full Version : LSU QB

USDFAN_55
May 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
How long until we hear this QB that was dismissed from LSU is transferring to an FCS school? Should we start a pool to see where he goes? His character seems like a great fit for Montana.xsmiley_wix

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3378148

McNeese_beat
May 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
How long until we hear this QB that was dismissed from LSU is transferring to an FCS school? Should we start a pool to see where he goes? His character seems like a great fit for Montana.xsmiley_wix

My advice here for any CONTENDER interested is STAY. AWAY. FROM. THIS. GUY.

The word on the street is he has a bad case of Primadonna-itis. Nothing he has done has been singularly awful, but I hear it's just a constant drip of small incidents that erode his teammates' confidence in him.

He's best for a program that *needs* the shot in the arm to compete or can afford to take on a reclamation project. Somebody like a Southeastern, which isn't going to be considered a favorite, but might become an instant contender with an athlete like Perrilloux. Or an Alcorn (same thing).

Grizzaholic
May 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM

Hey keep our name out of it. Maybe somebody down the road might need him....xrolleyesx

TheRiver
May 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hmmmm I could think of a school in the SLC that will be looking at him xwhistlex

CopperCat
May 2nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
This must mean that ASU will now beat LSU by at least two TD's.xcoolx

KiddBrewer
May 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
i can tell you one contender he wont be going to....xpeacex :)

KiddBrewer
May 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM

hey read it how you like.

kidding.

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM

Dream on my good man,--I'm an old man and if I was the QB at LSU I would still beat ASU,by 2 TD's.xwhistlex xpeacex In other words ASU has No chance winning that game.xcoolx

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Dream on my good man,--I'm an old man and if I was the QB at LSU I would still beat ASU,by 2 TD's.xwhistlex xpeacex In other words ASU has No chance winning that game.xcoolx

Haven't we heard that before?xnodx

bluehenbillk
May 2nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
LSU is no bad Michigan team. Not to take anything away from ASU, best FCS win ever, but LSU has a nasty D. If I'm right last time ASU went down there they got shut out didn't they?

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
How bout Georgia Southern as a fit for RP?

I don't know that he is the fit now but several years ago I would have said it would be almost a done deal.

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 12:23 PM

Thats cool a 14 point loss would be fine with me...

AppAlum2003
May 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM

I don't know that he is the fit now but several years ago I would have said it would be almost a done deal.

Well, that WOULD give us all another reason to hate Georgia Southern. So, I'm all for it.

89Eagle
May 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well, that WOULD give us all another reason to hate Georgia Southern. So, I'm all for it.
You don't have to worry him coming to GSU. Coach wouldn't talk to this thug. He will have a hard time hooking up with any good school. I can't believe you don't like GSU. Ha!Ha! THe feeling is the same here. Ask my 12 year old son who he hates and you will get APPY and FU. We have to teach our sons right. I can't wait for some football.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
You don't have to worry him coming to GSU. Coach wouldn't talk to this thug. He will have a hard time hooking up with any good school. I can't believe you don't like GSU. Ha!Ha! THe feeling is the same here. Ask my 12 year old son who he hates and you will get APPY and FU. We have to teach our sons right. I can't wait for some football.

So he already has enough?

89Eagle
May 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
So he already has enough?You must have us confused with UGA. Now they have the THUGS. If he hadn't have kicked about 6 players off the team last year we probably would have been better. CH doesn't put up with alot of crap.

Retro
May 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
I could see perrilloux ending up at a SWAC school so a team could upstage Reid going to TSU. I would stay away from this kid though, especially if you value team chemistry and have a decent QB..

USDFAN_55
May 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Maybe he'll transfer to Hawaii..... seemed to work for Colt Brennanxrotatehx

Eaglesrus
May 2nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Why is it that you App guys have such a hard time keeping the Discussion and Smack boards straight?

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Why is it that you App guys have such a hard time keeping the Discussion and Smack boards straight?

When GSU and ASU'ers converse on here, it runs about 50-50.xpeacex

813Jag
May 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
I could see perrilloux ending up at a SWAC school so a team could upstage Reid going to TSU. I would stay away from this kid though, especially if you value team chemistry and have a decent QB..
I think he missed his shot to transfer in the SWAC when the Grambling rumors were swirling.

PaladinFan
May 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
That guy could be completely dominant at the FCS level.

I doubt he'll end up at Furman either :)

appstate38
May 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
Sad part is, if it wasn't for all the baggage, he could be a huge addition to just about any FCS team. But the negatives FAR out weigh the positives.

TXST_CAT
May 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm I could think of a school in the SLC that will be looking at him xwhistlex

SAM KATS LOVE TRANSFERS.

BTW you guys crack me up, half the threads I have read are about FBS transfers and FCS vs FBS match ups. But when a team dares to take on the big boys full time they get bashed. Or when ESPN states some harsh truth it gets bashed for not following the idea of FCS superiority. Don't get me wrong I loved watching TXST in the playoffs and I would love to see us there every year. I also think those who took part in the TXST playoff atmosphere would agree it is exciting, but I think if FCS wants to be considered the best it needs to step out of the shadow of FBS and make national noise of its own and it starts with the FCS Conferences stepping up to the NCAA. xreadx

AppAlum2003
May 2nd, 2008, 08:29 PM

I wouldn't have it any other way. That's what makes the rivalry so great! You get rep points for hating my school!

SideLine Shooter
May 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM

Montana St. is probably on him real hard. Really there are probably a lot of FCS teams on him hard because of the pressure to win NOW.xnodx

SideLine Shooter
May 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
LSU is no bad Michigan team. Not to take anything away from ASU, best FCS win ever, but LSU has a nasty D. If I'm right last time ASU went down there they got shut out didn't they?

Here is a stroke of GENIUS!!!xnodx xnodx

I believe he might be an EXPERT on a BAD TEAM!!xlolx xlolx

The word of EXPERIENCE!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

by the way, the last time ASU was in Baton Rouge, APP pulled their starters at the end of the 3rd quarter. LSU played their starters until 4 minutes to go in the game.xthumbsupx

CrazyCat
May 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Montana St. is probably on him real hard. Really there are probably a lot of FCS teams on him hard because of the pressure to win NOW.xnodx

We are happy with who we have. xthumbsupx

Kill'em
May 2nd, 2008, 11:23 PM
So he already has enough?

I guarantee you, there are no thugs on a Chris Hatcher-coached team. Judging by the number of guys he cut loose this past year, he does not put up with any crap. Anyone who follows Erk Russell's philosophy won't let those types play for him.
This moron has been suspended many times this year for various violations, now he has flunked a drug test. No school with any integrity should even talk to this guy.

SoCon48
May 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM

We understand. It's better for him to hate Furman and App than to hate GSU for going 1-2 vs each of those teams since he was 9 years old.

Eaglesrus
May 3rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
We understand. It's better for him to hate Furman and App than to hate GSU for going 1-2 vs each of those teams since he was 9 years old.

Interesting, just pick an arbitrary number of years as long as it will show GSU with a losing reocrd against App and Furman. Why not a meaningful number, like the 12 years he's been alive, in which we're 7 - 6 against both?

JohnStOnge
May 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I just called and talked about it on the "Jaguar Journal" radio show. Host Carlos Brown said that his "sources" say Perrilloux is going out of state. We'll see how it turns out.

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
I just called and talked about it on the "Jaguar Journal" radio show. Host Carlos Brown said that his "sources" say Perrilloux is going out of state. We'll see how it turns out.
Alabama St is one school he is considering. Lsu transfers usually try to come to SU first but usually Pete don't want them. Cecil Collins, Alley Broussard and a host of others came to SU first before but Pete didn't want no part of them.

SU's QB beat Perrilloux both times they meet and won the state championship his senior year. SU's backup has a NFL arm.

JohnStOnge
May 3rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Alabama St is one school he is considering. Lsu transfers usually try to come to SU first but usually Pete don't want them. Cecil Collins, Alley Broussard and a host of others came to SU first before but Pete didn't want no part of them..

I'm not completely sure but I don't think Alley Broussard was eligible to transfer to a FCS because he only had one year of eligibility left and the current rule on that was in place when he transferred.

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
I'm not completely sure but I don't think Alley Broussard was eligible to transfer to a FCS because he only had one year of eligibility left and the current rule on that was in place when he transferred.

Not sure but he visited Pete on several occasions. Pete didn't want him.

neersnbeers
May 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM

Missouri st. Or something like that I think. ???

McNeese_beat
May 3rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Missouri st. Or something like that I think. ???

He went to Missouri Southern, a D-II because he couldn't go I-AA/FCS. The "Dustin Long rule" disallows players in Broussard's situation from playing one year at an FCS.

I know there was interest from McNeese because Broussard had a relationship with McNeese's coaches, but it became clear McNeese could not get him through the the NCAA. I don't know if Southern was ever in the picture or not, but I do think there was mutual interest between Broussard and McNeese.

JohnStOnge
May 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Alley Broussard ended up at Missouri Southern. As far as I can tell he wasn't drafted. Also noticed that he only played in 10 games.

McNeese_beat
May 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Alley Broussard ended up at Missouri Southern. As far as I can tell he wasn't drafted. Also noticed that he only played in 10 games.

You're right...I had typed NW Missouri, but it was Missouri Southern.

Everything else stands. He went to the D-II because an FCS COULD NOT take him by NCAA rules.

FormerPokeCenter
May 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Southern Illinois has been recruiting Louisiana pretty hot and heavy...

Do they need a QB?

Appaholic
May 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

....and that RP would be a perfect fit in thugto....er, I mean, at Montana St......xcoffeex

Appaholic
May 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM

I guess the same reason you GSU boys have trouble keeping App St and Austin Peay St straight....................Got Claydus?

CrazyCat
May 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
....and that RP would be a perfect fit in thugto....er, I mean, at Montana St......xcoffeex

We wouldn't take him and you know it.

Appaholic
May 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
We wouldn't take him and you know it.

Maybe not now.....but he would have fit right in with the team that came to Boone two years ago.......xwhistlex

CrazyCat
May 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Maybe so. Are you so distraught over what happened two years ago that you have to bring it up every chance you can? Which you do. I'd be more worried about LSU than that thug team from the Big Sky.

GOKATS
May 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe so. Are you so distraught over what happened two years ago that you have to bring it up every chance you can? Which you do. I'd be more worried about LSU than that thug team from the Big Sky.

Appaholic is just a POS, so don't pay much attention. I always thought griz fans were the worst, but I've changed my mind (well, maybe) .xnodx

Appaholic
May 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM

no....just like to throw gasoline on fires every now and then......xsmiley_wix

Appaholic
May 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Appaholic is just a POS, so don't pay much attention. I always thought griz fans were the worst, but I've changed my mind (well, maybe) .xnodx

Worse than Griz fans?xeekx .........actually, I'm honored......xsmiley_wix

MACHIAVELLI
May 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM
He is considering Alabama A&M, Jackson State and Valdosta State.

McNeese_beat
May 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Where'd you hear that?

Mouse
May 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Where'd you hear that?

he got it from ESPN

813Jag
May 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
You need to tell that to TT. He's spreading rumors.

jstate83
May 5th, 2008, 10:16 AM

he got it from ESPN

Yep.
We got 6 QB's, (Not counting TRAE), already here so he might not be considering JSU that hard.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM

If you mean Spring 2006, then sure.

Eaglesrus
May 5th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I guess the same reason you GSU boys have trouble keeping App St and Austin Peay St straight....................Got Claydus?

Huh, comparing yourself to Claydus....I thought you didn't think much of him.

SideLine Shooter
May 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Huh, comparing yourself to Claydus....I thought you didn't think much of him.

HUH??????xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Appaholic
May 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM

What he said.....xrotatehx

Eaglesrus
May 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM

What he said.....xrotatehx

Oh, sorry if that was a little deep for you guys.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Alabama A&M seems to be his best fit...

Pauly LB
May 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
On the Cal Poly board, the rumor is that he could end up at either McNeese State or Northwestern.

We shall see...

813Jag
May 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
On the Cal Poly board, the rumor is that he could end up at either McNeese State or Northwestern.

We shall see...
I don't think anybody in La will touch him. Too risky.....xnonono2x

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
You can speculate all you want, but I would say at this point RP will go where ever he gets an offer. Cause he's not going to get many with his history.

ericsaid
May 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM

LSU will have a fresh set of defensive backs just like Michigan did, so we will see.

ericsaid
May 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I can see RP going to McNeese, they need a way to get back to the championship game.

813Jag
May 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I can see RP going to McNeese, they need a way to get back to the championship game.
McNeese's QB is returning. xreadx

McTailGator
May 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM

We shall see...

McNeese made that mistake once already 10 years ago with Cecil Collins, which is one reason we don't take that many tranfers period.

McNeese has two VERY GOOD QB's and the HC will not mess with team Chemistry.

Other than us all speculating and saying what school other than our own he might go to...

WE SHOULD ASK THE QUESTION:

WHO WANT's HIM?

I KNOW MY SCHOOL OR OUR FANS WANT NO PART OF HIM.

813Jag
May 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
McNeese made that mistake once already 10 years ago with Cecil Collins, which is one reason we don't take that many tranfers period.

McNeese has two VERY GOOD QB's and the HC will not mess with team Chemistry.

Other than us all speculating and saying what school other than our own he might go to...

WE SHOULD ASK THE QUESTION:

WHO WANT's HIM?

I KNOW MY SCHOOL OR OUR FANS WANT NO PART OF HIM.
I don't get why people can't understand that nobody in La will touch this kid.

McTailGator
May 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Cause he's not going to get many with his history.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

Bad Apple's just screw up the entire basket if you let them.

JohnStOnge
May 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
What kills me is that in doing Google searches I've seen people speculating about him going to Appalachian State and playing against LSU. LOL!

Talk about not having ANY clue.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM

People in the state of Louisiana know the real story about what the deal is with RP perhaps...

McNeese72
May 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Well, you can't see very well then. He is bad news. And after the Cecil Collins thing, McNeese isn't about to touch him. The way he is going, he will end up in the same place Cecil Collins did.

Plus, we have a starting QB that we are very happy with. We don't need him.

We had plenty of offense last season. What we need is a better attacking defense and we are working on that with the coaching changes we made in the off season. We are trying to move back to the type of defense we had back in 97.

Doc

SideLine Shooter
May 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
What kills me is that in doing Google searches I've seen people speculating about him going to Appalachian State and playing against LSU. LOL!

Talk about not having ANY clue.

HA, Ha, HA....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xshakingmadx xshakingmadx xshakingmadx xdizzyx :pumpuke: xflaggedx xasswhipx xpissedx

McTailGator
May 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM

They must not get the amount of news about this kid like we do in Louisiana, and even here in Houston.

He's like a fast growing Cancer. His additude will spread to the rest of the team and then he will be gone and his mess will remain for the coaching staff to have to deal with.

Cecil Collins broke McNeese from going dumpster diving for transfers. All the talent in the world, but the brain just wasn't registering right from wrong like a normal human.

Damn shame, both those guy's have are, appears could, throw their lives away.

Houndawg
May 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Southern Illinois has been recruiting Louisiana pretty hot and heavy...

Do they need a QB?

Nope. Got three and a new coaching staff.

McNeese75
May 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM

Are you really that dense? RP has a better chance of going to Texas than McNeese and if you don't see the irony in that, do your homework xwhistlex

Cocky
May 6th, 2008, 06:52 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1210061761198420.xml&coll=2

MACHIAVELLI
May 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM

I wouldn't be too sure.

McNeese72
May 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't be too sure.

Might be a mute point. From what I have heard his release from LSU will be conditional in that he won't be released to any instate school.

Doc

GeauxLions94
May 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Might be a mute point. From what I have heard his release from LSU will be conditional in that he won't be released to any instate school.

Doc

And you wonder why RP won't be released to an in-state school since LSU won't play any in-state FCS school, but will give $400-500K to out-of-state programs xbangx xbangx xbangx

If RP ends up at Jax State, it would be ironic in that he replaces Cedric Johnson, who had verbally committed to us last year before switching to the Gamecocks.

Perrilloux to Jax State? (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/18689259.html)

Lionsrking
May 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
it would be ironic in that he replaces Cedric Johnson, who had verbally committed to us last year before switching to the Gamecocks.

Yeah, and he was kicked off the team at Jacksonville State. In retrospect, glad he didn't fax his papers to us like he said he was going to.

JohnStOnge
May 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
You know, I would not be optimistic if Perrilloux expressed interest in McNeese and McNeese took him. But, if it's true that LSU says it won't release him to any in-State school, that's pretty chickenshirt. I can't possibly see a reason from LSU's standpoing to give a flip about whether he goes to Southeastern Louisiana or, say, Jackson State.

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM
You know, I would not be optimistic if Perrilloux expressed interest in McNeese and McNeese took him. But, if it's true that LSU says it won't release him to any in-State school, that's pretty chickenshirt. I can't possibly see a reason from LSU's standpoing to give a flip about whether he goes to Southeastern Louisiana or, say, Jackson State.
Lsu does that type of thing all the time. At one point in time(DiNardo era) every player that left Lsu transferred to SU. Once Saban took over he instituted a No transfer to SU rule xlolx . The one kid that did, had to sit out because Lsu wouldn't release him.

JackTwice
May 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM

If they kicked him off the team what do they care about where he plays?

GeauxLions94
May 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Lsu does that type of thing all the time. At one point in time(DiNardo era) every player that left Lsu transferred to SU. Once Saban took over he instituted a No transfer to SU rule xlolx . The one kid that did, had to sit out because Lsu wouldn't release him.

And the closest that either one of you would get to playing would be if both were at home on the same night, so don't know why Satan (err, Saban) would not let kids go cross town. Just like with RP, they (LSU) fear that whichever in-state program would get RP, others would follow.

MACHIAVELLI
May 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Lsu transfers usually try to come to SU first but usually Pete don't want them. Cecil Collins, Alley Broussard and a host of others came to SU first before but Pete didn't want no part of them.

Once Saban took over he instituted a No transfer to SU rule . The one kid that did, had to sit out because Lsu wouldn't release him.

ahhh...nevermind xlolx xliarx

Lionsrking
May 7th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I can't possibly see a reason from LSU's standpoing to give a flip about whether he goes to Southeastern Louisiana or, say, Jackson State.

Because there's a possibility a decent size posse could come with him if he transferred to Southeastern, or anywhere else in state for that matter. Everytime a player leaves a program, there's an affect on the APR, and LSU is trying to make it less convenient for kids to transfer. Obviously they'll run some kids off from time to time, as they did Perrilloux, but he has followers on the team who might consider going with him. That's what was explained to me from someone in position to know, first hand, LSU's take on the situation.

McNeese75
May 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Because there's a possibility a decent size posse could come with him if he transferred to Southeastern, or anywhere else in state for that matter. Everytime a player leaves a program, there's an affect on the APR, and LSU is trying to make it less convenient for kids to transfer. Obviously they'll run some kids off from time to time, as they did Perrilloux, but he has followers on the team who might consider going with him. That's what was explained to me from someone in position to know, first hand, LSU's take on the situation.

Makes sense xnodx