PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Drops "The Upset" In Speech In Boone

Lehigh Football Nation
April 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=appalachian-state-active-on-the-campaign&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Clinton opened by thanking a number of local leaders and ASU. officials and said as a football fan he was pleased to be in the home of “the greatest upset in football history,” referring to ASU’s victory over Michigan last year.

Clinton opened his remarks with a shoutout to the school’s football team, which famously defeated the University of Michigan in a stunning upset last fall. “I think it will have special meaning here if I begin with a line I always say today,” he said. “Whenever somebody tells you you can’t win, it’s because they’re afraid you will.”

xthumbsupx

AppMan
April 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=appalachian-state-active-on-the-campaign&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

xthumbsupx

Talk about pandering....

Hansel
April 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
did he drop his pants too?

DuckDuckGriz
April 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
did he drop his pants too?

Oh!
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1305996/article_images/dice.jpg

I-AA Fan
April 30th, 2008, 09:56 AM
You may want to move this topic as you know it is going to become political. I am controlling myself right now.

downbythebeach
April 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM
You may want to move this topic as you know it is going to become political. I am controlling myself right now.

Bill Clinton is the scum of the earth.

GO

Ivytalk
April 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Five'll get you ten that he never watched a down of it on TV.xcoolx

OL FU
April 30th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Good for Billxthumbsupx

LBPop
April 30th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Could cost Hillary some votes if she gets the Michigan delegation seated. xrolleyesx

Rekdiver
April 30th, 2008, 01:12 PM
drop this topic..Moderator move it to smack.

PaladinFan
April 30th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Bill Clinton speaks at ASU. George Bush to give the commencement speech at Furman.

Yet again our institutions are at odds :)

SideLine Shooter
April 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Bill Clinton speaks at ASU. George Bush to give the commencement speech at Furman.

I have to agree with FU on this one!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I was there... I hate the man... I hated his speech and left early... He didnt even know what he was talking about...

VERY BORING SPEECH

ASUMountaineer
April 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hi-larious. That's up there with Virginia Foxx acting like she cares an ounce about ASU. Still though, not as bad as Obama "practicing" with the UNC basketball team yesterday.

BEAR
April 30th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I voted for him for president....................to get him out of the state of Arkansas.........xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
April 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I was there... I hate the man... I hated his speech and left early... He didnt even know what he was talking about...

VERY BORING SPEECH

Why did you go if you hate the man?

SoCon48
April 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hi-larious. That's up there with Virginia Foxx acting like she cares an ounce about ASU. Still though, not as bad as Obama "practicing" with the UNC basketball team yesterday.

Difference is Clinton is ambivalent toward ASU as he knows nothing about it (probably thought he was going to another ASU-Arkansas State) while Notso Foxxy actually hates App and went out of her way to prove it with every vote while in the state legislature.

SoCon48
April 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM

VERY BORING SPEECH

Is it true his staffers were giving away "commemorative" cigars?xeyebrowx Luckily App men know not to smoke those.

CopperCat
April 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM

More like the "who gives a crap" forum.:D

SoCon48
April 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Best post you've made in weeks.

KiddBrewer
April 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
i went and watched it, hes a great speaker, no doubting that. he didnt change my mind on his wife much however...i just wanted to be able to say i saw a former president in person. pretty neat.

Coco is the only Hilliary most of Appalachian cares about anyway.

KiddBrewer
April 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM

virginia foxx is...a joke.

ASU
May 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
virginia foxx is...a joke.

Was Virginia Fox that person that was on the board that raised all that money for the Wake Forest football stadium?

SoCon48
May 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
That she is, but she sure has hurt us in the past. Not simply not helped, but hurt us.

The Moody1
May 1st, 2008, 11:27 AM

Hillary was just spoke at Furman a couple of months ago.

PaladinFan
May 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hillary was just spoke at Furman a couple of months ago.

She spoke at FU a couple years ago before the last election. A lot of it has to do with being in South Carolina. Both sides of the political spectrum see a need to win over the fickle South Carolina contingent, for some reason.

Also, Hillary speaks everywhere. President Bush is only speaking at TWO college graduations (Furman and Air Force) xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
May 1st, 2008, 04:24 PM
I mean to say that seems to appear at Furman every time theres a presidential election and votes are on the line.

citdog
May 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
drop this topic..Moderator move it to smack.

your four months as a member must have you thinking you're a modxrolleyesx

AppMan
May 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM

Can we swap?

AppMan
May 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
I voted for him for president....................to get him out of the state of Arkansas.........xthumbsupx

Thanks A LOT!

Monarch History
May 2nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

boonegoon
May 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
She spoke at FU a couple years ago before the last election. A lot of it has to do with being in South Carolina. Both sides of the political spectrum see a need to win over the fickle South Carolina contingent, for some reason.

Also, Hillary speaks everywhere. President Bush is only speaking at TWO college graduations (Furman and Air Force) xthumbsupx

I guess somebody likes him.

PaladinFan
May 2nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I guess somebody likes him.

If the President of the United States, the most prominent person in the world, offered to speak at graduation, you best be darn sure the administration would be falling over themselves to make that happen at any institution.

Like his policies or not, they don't come any more prestigious.

oh, and James Carville to speak at Furman too. We are becoming a veritable battleground in and of itself.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Carville is one of the foxiest and most ruthless strategists ever. But he sure talks like he has a 5th grade education.

Peems
May 2nd, 2008, 08:43 PM

VERY BORING SPEECH

I understand hating him and all. But to say he doesn't know what he is speaking about? I went and saw him speak when he was in MT and he is extremely well versed and intelligent and knew exactly what he was discussing. The man is smart, there is no doubt about it.