PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Santos

Nebuta
April 29th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Good luck with the Chiefs.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080429/SPORTS/804290395/-1/NEWS19

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:46 AM
good luck to him... it will hard for him though to climb past those other guys

wildcat_fan
April 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Yes, but he's done it before. A certain game at Delaware comes to mind . . . .

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Another article on Ricky from another NH newspaper.

Concord Monitor Santos Article (http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080429/SPORTS/804290347)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2008, 09:46 AM
... And a third... Foster's Daily Democrat:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=new-hampshire-qb-ricky-santos-signs-with&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

DURHAM — He overcame tremendous odds to become one of the best football players in University of New Hampshire football history. Now his agent believes he can do the same thing to land employment with the NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs.

“I like his chances,” said Brad Blank about his client, former UNH quarterback Ricky Santos, who was signed to a free-agent contract by the Chiefs Sunday night after going unchosen in the NFL draft’s seven rounds. He was expected to travel to Kansas City this coming weekend to take part in the team’s rookie mini-camp.

wildcat_fan
April 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I would be interested to know what other teams were interested in him.

Syntax Error
April 29th, 2008, 09:49 AM
The 2006 Payton Award winner is a class act all the way... and his mom will tell you that too!

WrenFGun
April 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I can't imagine a better fit for Santos in the NFL, so good for him. David Greene has seemed like a bust for awhile, though I know Thigpen is quite good. That said, Santos played against better competition, and was, frankly, better than Thigpen in college.

UNH 40
April 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I think that this is the best possible fit for Santos. The Chiefs don't have a clear cut #1,2, or 3 QB. I think they are going to fall in love with him as a player and a person. He is a better QB then both Thigpen and Greene and with All of the pre draft garbage behind him and now he can focus on the easy part and that for ricky is playing QB which I believe he does as well or better than anyone that was taken in this draft. Good Luck Ricky.

aswedc
April 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM
He's going to need a lot of luck. You might remember Jeff Terrell from Princeton last year, who went 20/30 for 171 yards and basically looked the best of all the Chief's QBs during preseason, but was quickly cut anyway. Seems like one of those teams that never really gives guys a chance if they're not "supposed" to succeed.

UNH SUPERFAN
April 29th, 2008, 08:54 PM
He's going to need a lot of luck. You might remember Jeff Terrell from Princeton last year, who went 20/30 for 171 yards and basically looked the best of all the Chief's QBs during preseason, but was quickly cut anyway. Seems like one of those teams that never really gives guys a chance if they're not "supposed" to succeed.

Your comment is one of the most astute I've seen on this board! You are absolutely right; if you are not supposed to succeed (i.e., we paid your competitors alot of money and, damn it, they have to be better than you) you will have a tough time making it in the NFL. You wonder just how many talented guys have been shut out by the league over the years. I bet you could make a pretty good team (or teams) out of them.

bleedblue
April 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Yes, but he's done it before. A certain game at Delaware comes to mind . . . .

AAAHHHH!!!! Don't remind me. Ricky is da man as far as I am concerned.

FightinBlue
April 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Good Luck!! Ricky! He always impressed me with his play.xthumbsupx

UD1993
April 30th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I hope he makes it. Great QB and fun to watch.

CCU97
April 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The way I see it you just might see two FCS QBs on the roster....1st string Croyle, 2nd Thigpen(CCU), 3rd Santos....that is the way this thing is shaping out to be...maybe Greene but more than likely not if they signed Santos and the QB coach has given up on Huard so I see him as trade bait to a team like Carolina that has revolving QBs and injuries out the wazoo....

WildcatFan
April 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
The way I see it you just might see two FCS QBs on the roster....1st string Croyle, 2nd Thigpen(CCU), 3rd Santos....that is the way this thing is shaping out to be...maybe Greene but more than likely not if they signed Santos and the QB coach has given up on Huard so I see him as trade bait to a team like Carolina that has revolving QBs and injuries out the wazoo....
Hope you are right - would love to see two FCS players on the team.

Chi Panther
April 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM
xbowx Good Luck!!! Panther Fan pulling for ya!!!xbowx