PDA

View Full Version : MSU Bobcats announce major stadium upgrade.

Ronbo
April 28th, 2008, 07:55 PM
On the KECI news tonight.

Upgrades will run $8.5 million and be done in a couple phases. The first phase complete for the 2010 season. The completed upgrades will enclose both endzones according to sportscaster Troy Oppie. I'm not sure what the capacity will be when the stadium is expanded, but when complete I would think 20,000+ would be realistic. They showed a artist conception on the news but I can't find it online. Any Cat fans have access to the drawing and know what capacity will be????

Seawolf97
April 28th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Congratulations !

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM
http://www.msubobcats.com/images/facilities/bobcatstadium.jpg

Looks like they already have a field house in one endzone?

CatFan22
April 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.msubobcats.com/images/facilities/bobcatstadium.jpg

Looks like they already have a field house in one endzone?

One endzone just has a building, which I don't know what it's used for, and the other has the locker rooms for both teams. The basketball arena fieldhouse is across the street.

Seawolf97
April 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Anytime you can improve your facilities in the era of shrinking state budgets is great.

catbob
April 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
From what I understand, the bowl will go over the locker rooms, which you are referring to.

Also, a poster who works at MSU said they will probably make the DVD public in June or so, they want to get boosters a first shot at seeing the plans in the next couple of months, while Ash does his tour of Montana and what not.

Word is the capacity will be increased to 20,000 or so by 2016.

All we have seen is a blip on the news of the rendering and phases implementation. http://www.kfbb.com/sports/local/18314639.html it is a minute or two in. Hard to tell what's going on.

catbob
April 28th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Anytime you can improve your facilities in the era of shrinking state budgets is great.

Montanans correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have a surplus last year?

CatFan22
April 28th, 2008, 08:19 PM
The total will be at least 20k. I captured these images from the video on the news website. The pictures are terrible quality but you can kind of get an idea of what it will look like.

The new skyboxes on the student side (left):
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/NewField1.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/NewField2.jpg

The South endzone bowl:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/NewField3.jpg

The North endzone bowl:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/NewField4.jpg

The North endzone bowl addition:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/longhorn_22/NewField5.jpg

CrazyCat
April 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM

I believe that this project will be funded by private donations and will not use any state funds.

Dane96
April 28th, 2008, 08:22 PM

I want to beat you right now...my brother.

However, this is an MSU thread-- CONGRATS GUYS...that is AWESOME!

Seawolf97
April 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Montanans correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have a surplus last year?

Maybe you could send some foreign aid to New York. xlolx

CrazyCat
April 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
From what I understand, the bowl will go over the locker rooms, which you are referring to.

Also, a poster who works at MSU said they will probably make the DVD public in June or so, they want to get boosters a first shot at seeing the plans in the next couple of months, while Ash does his tour of Montana and what not.

Word is the capacity will be increased to 20,000 or so by 2016.

All we have seen is a blip on the news of the rendering and phases implementation. http://www.kfbb.com/sports/local/18314639.html it is a minute or two in. Hard to tell what's going on.

Correct me if i'm wrong catbob but I believe the 8 year plan also includes an indoor practice field with an academic center. The stadium itself could be done sooner.

Ronbo
April 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Here is a good link to the newscast.

http://www.kfbb.com/r?19=950&32=4322&7=223327&40=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kfbb.com%2Fsports%2Flocal%2F18 232074.html%3Fvideo%3DYHI%26t%3Da&41=Video+SportsCentral+Friday+4-25&18=0.6670291144320829

Hansel
April 28th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I believe that this project will be funded by private donations and will not use any state funds.

xnodx

most universities in small states raise private money to build stadiums rather than relying on state funds

CatFan22
April 28th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Here is a good link to the newscast.

http://www.kfbb.com/r?19=950&32=4322&7=223327&40=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kfbb.com%2Fsports%2Flocal%2F18 232074.html%3Fvideo%3DYHI%26t%3Da&41=Video+SportsCentral+Friday+4-25&18=0.6670291144320829

I posted images of the video on the 1st page for those of you who haven't seen or can't view the video.

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9cf0c8c5b8.jpg

Ronbo
April 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hmmmm....... Stadium expansion to 20,000, indoor practice facility, new field turf. Man that puts UM and MSU in a WAC ready position. Makes me wonder why all this frantic activity by the two schools to upgrade.

CatFan22
April 28th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Hmmmm....... Stadium expansion to 20,000, indoor practice facility, new field turf. Man that puts UM and MSU in a WAC ready position. Makes me wonder why all this frantic activity by the two schools to upgrade.

I don't want to call it frantic but it does kind of seem like that. I really don't like the FBS jump for either school. I am perfectly content with staying in a playoff FCS, which is more fun IMO.

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I don't want to call it frantic but it does kind of seem like that. I really don't like the FBS jump for either school. I am perfectly content with staying in a playoff FCS, which is more fun IMO.

Grown ups have this thing called "money".

Ronbo
April 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Well Montana has done turf, a big screen, 6000 new seats (two phases), and an indoor sky club in the last 7 year period. And now MSU does a new turf, new skybox complex, 5000 new seats, and an indoor practice facility in the next 7-8 years. In the meantime over that period I expect to see Montana do another deck, a new pressbox, new locker rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, weight room, and an indoor practice facility. In 8 years I'll wager Wash/Griz will be at 28,000 seating.

This all seems pretty frantic when you go to other schools websites and see they go 15-20 years between upgrades.

CatFan22
April 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I guess I would call it "much needed" rather than "frantic." It's about time MSU got this thing going.

chuges1
April 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM

Holy smokes, I was thinking the same exact thing. Things just don't add up with the "rush" to make expansions for both the Cats and the Griz. I had not heard of any of this until this video about any plans and all this at once just seems crazy and wonderful at the same time. I am lost as to why all of this stuff is happening in Montana right now, but it really makes a fan wonder why the commotion is so great....

DuckDuckGriz
April 28th, 2008, 11:13 PM
That looks pretty damn good, congrats MSU!

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I guess I would call it "much needed" rather than "frantic." It's about time MSU got this thing going.

agreed...much needed, but it'll be nice when it's done!! Congrats, Cat fans! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
April 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well Montana has done turf, a big screen, 6000 new seats (two phases), and an indoor sky club in the last 7 year period. And now MSU does a new turf, new skybox complex, 5000 new seats, and an indoor practice facility in the next 7-8 years. In the meantime over that period I expect to see Montana do another deck, a new pressbox, new locker rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, weight room, and an indoor practice facility. In 8 years I'll wager Wash/Griz will be at 28,000 seating.

This all seems pretty frantic when you go to other schools websites and see they go 15-20 years between upgrades.

Taking a different tack, it could be just the old supply and demand theory of economics too, Ronbo. xcoffeex xreadx

Ronbo
April 29th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Speaking of economics my season ticket renewals came today. Up from $195 last year to $215 this year.

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:28 AM
That new stadium video looks really nice it looks like you will have some pretty serious skyboxes/press areas on both sides. should be sweet

Bison77
April 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Speaking of economics my season ticket renewals came today. Up from $195 last year to $215 this year.

What do you get for 215.00? Where do you seat and how many seats?

Ronbo
April 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Doesn't matter where you sit you pay $215 per seat. No discounts for location. There are however additional Grizzly Scholarship Assn. fees for certain areas.

45 to 50 - each seat is $215 + $407 GSA
30 to 45 - each seat is $215 + $250 GSA
20 to 30 - each seat is $215 + $112.50 GSA
End Zones to 20 - each seat is $215

GOKATS
April 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Holy smokes, I was thinking the same exact thing. Things just don't add up with the "rush" to make expansions for both the Cats and the Griz. I had not heard of any of this until this video about any plans and all this at once just seems crazy and wonderful at the same time. I am lost as to why all of this stuff is happening in Montana right now, but it really makes a fan wonder why the commotion is so great....

It's not near the rush it may seem, the design concept for the bulk of the improvements to take place were part of the '97 expansion. It's simply a matter of timing and money and due to the rapid population growth in the Bozeman area, games have regularly sold out the last couple years. The state board of regents granted approval for the student side sky suites a couple years ago contingent on funding. The athletic department has been in the 'quiet phase' of a capital improvement campaign for a few years now- apparently they have reached the goals of the 'quiet phase' and are now going public. An indoor practice facility, academic center, new weight rooms, etc. have been on the drawing board for quite some time.

The turf which will be installed in the next few months was a gift from the '84 National Championship team.

catbob
April 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
It's not near the rush it may seem, the design concept for the bulk of the improvements to take place were part of the '97 expansion. It's simply a matter of timing and money and due to the rapid population growth in the Bozeman area, games have regularly sold out the last couple years. The state board of regents granted approval for the student side sky suites a couple years ago contingent on funding. The athletic department has been in the 'quiet phase' of a capital improvement campaign for a few years now- apparently they have reached the goals of the 'quiet phase' and are now going public. An indoor practice facility, academic center, new weight rooms, etc. have been on the drawing board for quite some time.

The turf which will be installed in the next few months was a gift from the '84 National Championship team.

And God bless em. xthumbsupx

Bison77
April 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Doesn't matter where you sit you pay $215 per seat. No discounts for location. There are however additional Grizzly Scholarship Assn. fees for certain areas.

45 to 50 - each seat is $215 + $407 GSA
30 to 45 - each seat is $215 + $250 GSA
20 to 30 - each seat is $215 + $112.50 GSA
End Zones to 20 - each seat is $215

That's about what I pay for my 45 yard line seats. (within 3.00/seat) xthumbsupx

Blue Hen Nation
April 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Wonderful, they finally received the funding for that third Port-A-Potty. xlolx

Sorry, I couldn't resist

chuges1
April 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Cool thanks for the clarification. I guess I knew a lot of this was on the board to eventually do, but it all seemed to unfold really fast. I mean one day we are in the dark about most of the plans and now there is all of this stuff coming up. Its exciting to say the least! I will be part of those future sell out crowds!

GOKATS
April 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cool thanks for the clarification. I guess I knew a lot of this was on the board to eventually do, but it all seemed to unfold really fast. I mean one day we are in the dark about most of the plans and now there is all of this stuff coming up. Its exciting to say the least! I will be part of those future sell out crowds!

It's just the nature of the beast as to how 'capital campaigns' run, things are kept very tight lipped and under wraps while they are wooing the high dollar donors during the 'quiet phase'. Once they reach a percentage of the $ goal (usually around 70%) they go public for the remainder of the funding.

Canyoncat
April 29th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Real excited about all the changes we are going to get to see over the next few years. It will be fun going into the stadium each fall and seeing something new.