PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Spring Game (on the new turf) Pictures

McNeese72
April 28th, 2008, 04:07 PM
If any of you guys are bored, I put up some pictures of McNeese's Spring Game (the first action on the new Louis Bonnette Field at Cowboy Stadium which is also known as "The Hole"). They can be found at the following Doc's Shots link. Scroll down until you find the link to the Spring Game.

Doc's Shots (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/index.asp)

Doc

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
UGH @ Russel Uniforms.

You have Nike shoes. Have Nike uniforms for cripe's sake!

Come on now. Have some pride in your team's credibility!

This Russel crap is DII all the way.

slostang
April 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Mpls, please do us all a favor and direct all future post to: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40233

Doc, the pictures look great of both the field and uniforms.xthumbsupx

I am looking forward to seeing both in person come September.

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Mpls, please do us all a favor and direct all future post to: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40233

Doc, the pictures look great of both the field and uniforms.xthumbsupx

I am looking forward to seeing both in person come September.

The uniforms looks fine.

So do Kmart suits.

But do you walk into a job interview in a Kmart suit or an expensive suit from a department store?

Say it with me: credibility.

Recruits know it too.

McNeese72
April 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
UGH @ Russel Uniforms.

I really don't care what brand they wear, as long as they win!!

Doc

slostang
April 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The uniforms looks fine.

So do Kmart suits.

But do you walk into a job interview in a Kmart suit or an expensive suit from a department store?

Recruits know it too.

Say it with me: You (Mplsbison) have none (credibility).

Za-KEE-uS
April 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Nike uniforms are overrated

UTCOWBOY71
April 28th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Nike supplies OREGON with their uniforms....nuff said!

Retro
April 28th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Anyone who thinks Nike uniforms are superior in quality just because of that Swoosh, is sadly clueless.. All uniforms are pretty much good quality and only slightly different in material depending on what the coaches prefer..
Russell has been doing uniforms far longer than Nike and like Doc says, as long as we keep winning who cares the brand. Plus the current uniforms looks good with their traditional style.

Of course we will have some Adidas Replica Mcneese Jerseys this year, so i'm looking forward to see how they come out..

MplsBison
April 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
All uniforms are pretty much good quality and only slightly different in material depending on what the coaches prefer..

This is actually false.

Ever since Nike came out with the Missouri design, their top uniforms come with elastic panels that mold themselves to form fit the player's shoulder pads and body.

They're actually superior in material and construction.

Not just the enhaced credibility that the swoosh offers.

McNeese72
April 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
This is actually false.

Ever since Nike came out with the Missouri design, their top uniforms come with elastic panels that mold themselves to form fit the player's shoulder pads and body.

Yep, Retro doesn't know what he is talking about. He just makes his living selling sports related items. xsmiley_wix

Doc

McNeese_beat
April 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
UGH @ Russel Uniforms.

That's really weird. That's the first time I've heard McNeese's uniforms criticized, aside for the fact that they don't put names on the back of the jerseys (they use "Cowboys"...it's a tradition thing) and maybe that the color they call "gold" is actually "yellow."

I often have people from other schools say they wish they could find a classic look like McNeese's. Most people seem to hate the Nike crap that winds up on teams like Oregon.

I can't really speak to the quality of the actual product, although I will say if it's comparable to Nike's running shoes, it probably leaves a lot to be desired. When it comes to shoes, I doubt if there are many serious runners who would argue that Nike has LONG AGO conceded to Saucony, Brooks, Aasics, New Balance, etc., in actual product quality and has instead leaned on its brand name and marketing to sell shoes to non-runners or fashion victims.

Beaverton is becoming to sporting goods what Detroit became to cars... the one-time giant that fell by the wayside because of its own complacency... It hasn't happened yet, but you can see that cancer starting to grow...

slostang
April 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Just like Mpls to take a thread about McNeese State's Spring game and turn it into a thread on uniforms or some other worthless point.

Uncle Buck
April 28th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I thought the uni's looked good, fields looks great, and the pics were excellent. Kudos Doc, very nice pics

McNeese75
April 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
This is actually false.

xnonox You are unbelieveable!!!! You have something negative to say about almost evey damn thing that is posted on this forum and then act like your a frickin expert on all topics.

No wonder the other Bison fans on here wish you would change your name
xpissedx

lillycafe
April 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
If any of you guys are bored, I put up some pictures of McNeese's Spring Game (the first action on the new Louis Bonnette Field at Cowboy Stadium which is also known as "The Hole"). They can be found at the following Doc's Shots link. Scroll down until you find the link to the Spring Game.

Doc's Shots (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/index.asp)

Doc

I find it odd that your QB's do not wear a "Do Not Touch" red jersey.

slostang
April 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Let's get this thread back on track. I know that McNeese was not the same team at the end of the year that they were at the start of the year because of injuries and they limped into the playoffs. I know you lost Bryan Smith to the Eagles, but get All-American WR Steven Whitehead back from injury and return a good QB in Fourroux. How many other starters are returning in 2008? Will they be improved (over a healthy McNeese State team of 2007), about the same or rebuilding? Where do you think they will finishes in the Southland Conference in 2008 and most important do you think they can make a big run in the 2008 playoffs?

McNeese72
April 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Let's get this thread back on track. I know that McNeese was not the same team at the end of the year that they were at the start of the year because of injuries and they limped into the playoffs. I know you lost Bryan Smith to the Eagles, but get All-American WR Steven Whitehead back from injury and return a good QB in Fourroux. How many other starters are returning in 2008? Will they be improved (over a healthy McNeese State team of 2007), about the same or rebuilding? Where do you think they will finishes in the Southland Conference in 2008 and most important do you think they can make a big run in the 2008 playoffs?

We return a lot on offense. We are reworking the defense and hoping to go back to a more pressure defense with a lot of man to man coverage and blitzes.

I'll wait until after fall practice to tell you what I think for sure. Right now things are looking good. Defense will be the question mark.

Doc

89Hen
April 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Great shots doc! xbowx

BTW, wtf are your defenders doing hitting the QB??? Why aren't they in red or green no touch bibs? xconfusedx

89Hen
April 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I find it odd that your QB's do not wear a "Do Not Touch" red jersey.
xoopsx Beat me to it. I guess it was the fact that the very first picture was of a QB getting hit.

rjacks21
April 29th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Great pics as usual Doc. I'm really looking forward to the Cowboys coming to town in October!

danefan
April 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM
The uniforms looks fine.

So do Kmart suits.

Recruits know it too.

I'm sorry to bring this back up, but I wanted to see the pics and so I happened to read MplsBison's above post and it made me laught.

Two previous posts that made me laugh from Mpls:

He used per capita income to brag about North Dakota. xrotatehx

And now this:

Haha. Department store.xlolx
Sorry, I couldn't pass up the chance.

Nice pics BTW. Uni's look fine to me. And the turf looks good too!xthumbsupx

McNeese_beat
April 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM
xoopsx Beat me to it. I guess it was the fact that the very first picture was of a QB getting hit.

McNeese likes to run some option and some of the cut/read stuff out of the shotgun, so in the spring game, they keep it "live."

In the previous scrimmages and at practice, I do believe they are in the "don't hit me" jerseys.

Montanan
April 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
the field is really beautiful (great pics), and the unis are among my favorites. good luck to the Cowboys in '08!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/Mpls-Useless-tool-L.gifMpls posthttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/Mpls-Useless-tool-R.gif

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
great pics now please go beat the dem heels...

AppState
April 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM
(Don't just beat the heels, demoralize 'em!)

GREAT photos. Thanks for posting.

putter
April 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
There are those that love natural grass but turf sure makes a stadium look sharp!

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM
There are those that love natural grass but turf sure makes a stadium look sharp!
For a while. Then it get shiny and looks terrible. xnodx

MplsBison
April 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM
No, that doesn't happen.

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM
No, that doesn't happen.
Uh, yes, it does. I've watched many games on TV where the field looks like crap. It's dark, yet shiny all at the same time. Ever watch a game at Giants Stadium?

MplsBison
April 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
You're either lying or you just don't know what you're talking about.

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM
You're either lying or you just don't know what you're talking about.
I'll take C. None of the above

You've pretty much cornered the market on not knowing what you're talking about. xcoffeex

MplsBison
April 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
So of course you don't even attempt to provide pictures of what you're talking about.

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
So of course you don't even attempt to provide pictures of what you're talking about.
Don't need to. I've seen the games on TV. They look horrible.

andy7171
April 30th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Boise State's FieldTurf turned BLUE!!!!

MplsBison
April 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Don't need to. I've seen the games on TV. They look horrible.

And obviously your eyes are pathetically biased and therefore your opinion is worthless.

89Hen
April 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
And obviously your eyes are pathetically biased and therefore your opinion is worthless.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You mean like somebody when confronted with a survey of NFL players and still won't admit you're WRONG.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

McNeese75
April 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Now its on xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Boise State's FieldTurf turned BLUE!!!!
xoutofrepx