PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State

BaylorTitan
April 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
They could be Baylor's only 2008-2009 win....what can I expect from the Demons?

JohnStOnge
April 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM

By my count they are 5 - 13 against I-A/FBS competition since the BCS started in 1998. The most impressive I-A/FBS win they had during the period 27-24 over 6-6 TCU in 2001. Last year, they got mauled 75-7 by Texas Tech but lost to Ole Miss by only 38-31. They had 24 first downs to Ole Miss' 15 and outgained the Rebels 499 to 387 in total yards.

My take on Northwestern State is that it is a program that has been historically dangerous for I-A/FBS opponents. You never know. They do get blown out. Baylor blew them out when they played them in 2006. You see the 2007 Texas Tech score above.

But if I were a fan of a FBS team that's expected to struggle, I wouldn't notch this one as an automatic win. Could be that it'll be a big Baylor blowout. But seeing Northwestern State really test a struggling FBS team as it did Ole Miss in 2007 or even beat it would not be a surprise at all. At least not to somebody like me who has followed I-AA/FCS vs. I-A/FBS games closely.

Frosty The Snowbuff
April 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Same as last year if we don't get the passing game together....

A vastly improving D (I think we return 9 on that side as we had to replace a couple of DEs)....

But none of that will matter if the Offense DOESN'T FINISH DRIVES!!!!!!!

With that said....the offense might have made strides......

http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93049&SPID=11371&ATCLID=1439215&DB_OEM_ID=20000

Seat16Demon
May 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Realistically, the Demons have a legitimate shot to shock the pants off some BU alum. The Demons should be much improved all around and have gained much needed experience the last few years in the Big 12 and SEC games. I will agree with Frosty on the need for a better passing attack and more cohesiveness on offense. If we can lay off the injuries and focus, it could be a nice upset. If we don't show up to play and get key people hurt, we could see a thrashing.