PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL DRAFT: The CB's & S's

Retro
April 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
This is another listing of the top FCS players at each position based on where they rank at their position from a consensus of several longtime scouting services and personel. Listed is overall rank and likely round picked..

Average number of CB's taken in draft - 30
This year's overall CB Class - High

PLAYER --- SCHOOL ----- RANK ----- ROUND

DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE - TENNESSEE ST........ 2 ........... 1
ANTWAUN MOLDEN - EASTERN KENTUCKY ..................... 17 ......... 5th
BRANDON JACKSON - GEORGIA SOUTHERN ..................... 42 .......... FA
CRAIG TURNER - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS ........................... 50 .......... FA
MARCUS BROWN - McNEESE STATE .............................. 58 ......... FA

Average number of S's taken in draft - 18
This year's overall S Class - Medium

COREY LYNCH - APPALACHIAN STATE .......................... 23 ......... 7th
DORIAN CHENAULT - YOUNGSTOWN STATE .................. 24 ........ 7th/FA
KAREEM MOORE - NICHOLLS STATE ............................. 34 ......... FA
BOBBIE WILLIAMS - BETHUNE-COOKMAN ...................... 37 ......... FA
HENTI BAIRD - HAMPTON ........................................... 42 ........ FA
TONY LEZOTTE - JAMES MADISON .............................. 55 ......... FA

PLAYERS NOT LISTED WERE EITHER NOT REVIEWED BY
ALL SCOUTING SERVICES OR NOT RANKED ON ALL LISTS.

AshevilleApp2
April 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Looks like Lynch has moved up. I had him figured as a free agent.

biggie
April 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Some have put him as high as late 5th rd, but could be a stretch either way.

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
This is another listing of the top FCS players at each position based on where they rank at their position from a consensus of several longtime scouting services and personel. Listed is overall rank and likely round picked..

Average number of CB's taken in draft - 30
This year's overall CB Class - High

DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE - TENNESSEE ST........ 2 ........... 1
ANTWAUN MOLDEN - EASTERN KENTUCKY ..................... 17 ......... 5th
BRANDON JACKSON - GEORGIA SOUTHERN ..................... 42 .......... FA
CRAIG TURNER - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS ........................... 50 .......... FA
MARCUS BROWN - McNEESE STATE .............................. 58 ......... FA

Average number of S's taken in draft - 18
This year's overall S Class - Medium

COREY LYNCH - APPALACHIAN STATE .......................... 23 ......... 7th
DORIAN CHENAULT - YOUNGSTOWN STATE .................. 24 ........ 7th/FA
KAREEM MOORE - NICHOLLS STATE ............................. 34 ......... FA
BOBBIE WILLIAMS - BETHUNE-COOKMAN ...................... 37 ......... FA
HENTI BAIRD - HAMPTON ........................................... 42 ........ FA
TONY LEZOTTE - JAMES MADISON .............................. 55 ......... FA

PLAYERS NOT LISTED WERE EITHER NOT REVIEWED BY
ALL SCOUTING SERVICES OR NOT RANKED ON ALL LISTS.

Molden should go higher than the 5th round. With the visits he has had I expect him to go in the 2nd-4th round range.

Lynch might actually be rated too low on the list. I am surprised it has Chenault as a 7th rounder.

Which websites and services are you using to get these averages?

Retro
April 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I review a lot of reports, most of which are not available online or you have to order their reports in book form. I basically take all the lists and get an average if a player is reviewed and then take it from there.. Lynch, for example. I've seen him rated in the top 10 and then as low as 40th..

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I review a lot of reports, most of which are not available online or you have to order their reports in book form. I basically take all the lists and get an average if a player is reviewed and then take it from there.. Lynch, for example. I've seen him rated in the top 10 and then as low as 40th..

Oh okay. Between Scouts Inc, Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, Lindys (nfldraftscout.com), NFL Draft Bible, and Pro Football's guides it is easy to see where you got that now. Many of those things you can buy are outdated because they were finalized before the combine. After seeing that list I could name, as well as you, several players heavily underrated. I am shocked anyone has Molden lower than the 4th round.

Retro
April 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I don't use many of the newer online sites because there run by novices who use others info. PFW is pretty good, but even they are a little slow in updated info.. Don't care for the others.. The ones i use in book form are scout services who have been doing this for a long time.. Well before all these internet types. Most of the books/lists that i used are released at the end of march or early april with updated supplements afterwards where needed.. So they are going to have all the info you need.

When you evaulate talent, once the season is over and the combine is over, you should have a good idea of where a player stands.. Pro day's are more of a verification period for scouts... Even the combine says little about a players actual football playing ability, no matter how fast or strong they are.. WebSites tend to move players around based on rumours and media opinions more so than actual ability, thus i only would acknowledge a few that have a good foundation behind them.

ericsaid
April 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Actually ive read on many sites that lynch will go in the 5th. Also is the 8th best Free safety.

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I don't use many of the newer online sites because there run by novices who use others info. PFW is pretty good, but even they are a little slow in updated info.. Don't care for the others.. The ones i use in book form are scout services who have been doing this for a long time.. Well before all these internet types. Most of the books/lists that i used are released at the end of march or early april with updated supplements afterwards where needed.. So they are going to have all the info you need.

When you evaulate talent, once the season is over and the combine is over, you should have a good idea of where a player stands.. Pro day's are more of a verification period for scouts... Even the combine says little about a players actual football playing ability, no matter how fast or strong they are.. WebSites tend to move players around based on rumours and media opinions more so than actual ability, thus i only would acknowledge a few that have a good foundation behind them.

One other thing is that pro day results can get the attention of scouts. Some scouts will write a player off because he looked a little slow. Then they run a 4.4 or 4.5 at a pro day and they re-evaluate them many times.