PDA

View Full Version : Divvy Awards?

UNHWildCats
April 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
The Kaiser Soze Award: For the player everyone's enchanted with, despite having never actually seen him play.

Second Runner Up: Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego

Runner Up: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State

Winner: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware: You'd think the guy is already as good as Ben Roethlisberger with the hype the 6-foot-7 quarterback is getting. Some mock drafts have him going as high as the first round. Hey, it might happen. But you could count the amount of fans who've actually seen more than one of Flacco's college games on one hand. And all those fans are likely his Fightin' Blue Hens teammates' parents.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8061842/On-the-Clock:-There's-case-for-NFL-Draft-lottery

by Peter Schrager (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/archive?authorId=282)

And look even so kind as to provide his email address right there on the article so we can rip him apart :)
[email protected] ([email protected])

USDFAN_55
April 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
What a surprise, 3 FCS players mentionedxrolleyesx

Actually I'm not really surprised. Less TV coverage for FCS means less exposure for the top talent. He's proabably spot on with the 3 that were mentioned.

CSUBUCDAD
April 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
What a bone headed statement. Delaware averaged damn near 20,000 at home games. That boy needs to do a little research before he writes stuff like that.

Franks Tanks
April 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
What a bone headed statement. Delaware averaged damn near 20,000 at home games. That boy needs to do a little research before he writes stuff like that.

Serioulsy. Funny they mention Big Ben from Miami Ohio, and Flacco played in front of bigger crowds at Delaware than Ben at Miami. Hell Flacco played in front of bigger crowds with the hens that if he would have stayed with Pitt--they drew some embaressing crowds last year.

USDFAN_55
April 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Serioulsy. Funny they mention Big Ben from Miami Ohio, and Flacco played in front of bigger crowds at Delaware than Ben at Miami. Hell Flacco played in front of bigger crowds with the hens that if he would have stayed with Pitt--they drew some embaressing crowds last year.

You are missing the point. The point is the FCS has less national TV coverage/exposure. Sure, maybe regionally they are known; but not on a national level. Montana gets 23,000 to their games, but that doesn't mean the players are known on a national level, just a local level. There's a very big difference.

Big Ben came from a league with National TV exposure!

Franks Tanks
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
You are missing the point. The point is the FCS has less national TV coverage/exposure. Sure, maybe regionally they are known; but not on a national level. Montana gets 23,000 to their games, but that doesn't mean the players are known on a national level, just a local level. There's a very big difference.

I see the TV exposure angle. I live in PA, so not all that far from the MAC conference and I cant tell you the last time I saw a MAC game on TV involving two MAC schools. You always see a Big 10/MAC game so that is of course how they get the exposure.

brownbear
April 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM

Delaware had 3 games on national TV last year. I think Pitt only had about 3 or 4, but you're right, teams like Ohio State and LSU have 10 games on national TV every year.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I see the TV exposure angle. I live in PA, so not all that far from the MAC conference and I cant tell you the last time I saw a MAC game on TV involving two MAC schools. You always see a Big 10/MAC game so that is of course how they get the exposure.

Intra-MAC games are often on ESPN. Don't they have a contract for those Thursday night games?

USDFAN_55
April 23rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
Delaware had 3 games on national TV last year. I think Pitt only had about 3 or 4, but you're right, teams like Ohio State and LSU have 10 games on national TV every year.

They did have the play-off games, but were any of the regualr season games on national TV? From experience of being in CA my whole life, I've seen a ton of MAC games out here, but have never seen a CAA/A-10 gamexnodx

OhioHen
April 24th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Intra-MAC games are often on ESPN. Don't they have a contract for those Thursday night games?

More Tuesday xsmhx xsmhx and Wednesday xsmhx xsmhx night games for the MAC than Thursdays.

Franks Tanks
April 24th, 2008, 07:55 AM

I get a lot of C-USA games on the Tuesday/Wednesday night feature. There may be a few MAC games on, but the point was that only more savvy college fans really know the players and teams in the MAC.

USDFAN_55
April 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I get a lot of C-USA games on the Tuesday/Wednesday night feature. There may be a few MAC games on, but the point was that only more savvy college fans really know the players and teams in the MAC.

And to further that point; only the most savvy college fans know the players and teams in the CAAxnodx

Syntax Error
April 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM
And to further that point; only the most savvy college fans know the players and teams in the CAAxnodxAnd to further that point, aren't you late for your latest FBS-loving fest? xrolleyesx You do realize you are posting on the national FCS Discussion board don't you? xnodx

Franks Tanks
April 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM
And to further that point; only the most savvy college fans know the players and teams in the CAAxnodx

Well I will contnue to be savvy and let all the do-do's root for Notre Dame and the NFL:D

USDFAN_55
April 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
And to further that point, aren't you late for your latest FBS-loving fest? xrolleyesx You do realize you are posting on the national FCS Discussion board don't you? xnodx

I was stating a simple well known fact. Do I need to lie and say FCS is so well known nationally? Fact is it is not. We are of the minority in herexnodx

USDFAN_55
April 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
The whole point I was making is that it was no surprise to see the 3 top FCS prospects mentioned in this category.

Syntax Error
April 24th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I was stating a simple well known fact. Do I need to lie and say FCS is so well known nationally? Fact is it is not. We are of the minority in here xnodxThe FCS is well known nationally. Period. Not as well known as your FBS as you are constantly pointing out but well known nevertheless.

USDFAN_55
April 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
The FCS is well known nationally. Period. Not as well known as your FBS as you are constantly pointing out but well known nevertheless.

It is well known nationally by the national FCS fans, but you can't tell me that the average football fan knows much about the FCS. They may know a little about App State since they have been in the spot light after beating Michigan, but that took the FBS center stage to get noticedxnodx

Syntax Error
April 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
The FCS is well known nationally. Period. Not as well known as your FBS as you are constantly pointing out but well known nevertheless.
It is well known nationally by the national FCS fans, but you can't tell me that the average football fan knows much about the FCS. They may know a little about App State since they have been in the spot light after beating Michigan, but that took the FBS center stage to get noticed"There you go again" FBS is that away ------------>

lizrdgizrd
April 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
"There you go again" FBS is that away ------------>
Lighten up Francis!

It's true. Most college football "fans" only really know anything about the BCS schools and whatever school they went to or live near. We're in the minority here as far as knowledge of FCS football. It's good knowledge to have, but few have it (comparatively speaking).

USDFAN_55
April 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
"There you go again" FBS is that away ------------>

Truth hurts, hah? I'm finding more and more people in here getting very defensive. I am not belittlign the FCS with my statements, and I'm not defending the FBS. facts are facts. Sorry that you can't seem to grasp that concept.

Syntax Error
April 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Lighten up Francis!
It's true. Most college football "fans" only really know anything about the BCS schools and whatever school they went to or live near. We're in the minority here as far as knowledge of FCS football. It's good knowledge to have, but few have it (comparatively speaking).Welcome to the FCS Discussion board LG, we're here to talk FCS. Like I said, FBS talk goes over there ------> "Other Sports board." Along with the BeeCeeEss Crystal Bawl Dreams. Francis. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the FCS Discussion board LG, we're here to talk FCS. Like I said, FBS talk goes over there ------> "Other Sports board." Along with the BeeCeeEss Crystal Bawl Dreams. Francis. xlolx
Sorry, I didn't get the memo where we can't discuss these other things as they relate to the FCS in this forum. xrolleyesx

I guess the discussion of how FCS players aren't as well known outside of FCS fans isn't a proper discussion topic for the FCS discussion board.