PDA

View Full Version : ODU Signs More Players, Announces Season Ticket Sales

Lehigh Football Nation
April 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Eat your heart out NDSU :p

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=odu-signs-more-players-announces-season-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

While the flood of season-ticket purchases for the 2009 season has slowed to a drip, it’s still a steady drip.

Officials report that season tickets for regular seating have reached 9,297.

Combined with the 688 sold for loge seating and club seats, the Monarchs’ season-ticket push for football in 2009 is at 9,985.

Season tickets for 2009 will remain on sale through May 2009.

xeekx

putter
April 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Great start for ODU!!

813Jag
April 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
That's great! They need to get a coach here (Tampa) quickly, lots of talented kids (with grades) are looking for colleges.

aust42
April 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wow. I must admit that I was a pessimist on ODU starting a football program. With their great facilities and obvious fan interest it shouldn't take long for ODU to develop a competetive program in the CAA. Can't wait to make a road trip when they play Delaware.

Monarch History
April 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
As a longtime ODU fan and Hampton Roads resident, I must say I'm not suprised by the excitement on the campus and area. People in our area of Hampton Roads are starved for football.:)

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hey, I can understand why you guys are skyrocketing in season tix. In this part of the country, football fans would rather pay for singles because they're afraid the team may lose a game and fall off the bandwagon.

TexasTerror
April 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
ODU is on the move!

This is a great new program for FCS and I hope they continue to do well in building up the program the right way. I posted it on the Lamar board, hopefully they learn a thing or few from this...

GannonFan
April 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Two years before they even play a game, ODU is already second in the CAA in terms of season tickets sold, by a large margin actually. Right now they are only 2k behind Delaware, which themselves are probably in the top 5, if not the top 3 of season ticket sales. With the kind of support ODU can generate, there's no way that ODU isn't good real soon.