PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Season Ticket Purchases Climbing

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ndsu-season-ticket-purchases-climbing&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

The number of season tickets sold for North Dakota State football has increased by about 500 from last year, leading to the anti-limbo dance question: How high can you go?

Putting a cap on season tickets has not been discussed administratively, but it is clear Bison football continues to enjoy a popularity boom. The number is now north of 7,500 in a Fargodome that has a seating capacity of 18,700. That does not include tickets that are standing-room only.

Compare that to earlier in this decade, when season tickets annually numbered between 4,500 and 5,000. But a move to NCAA Division I and back-to-back 10-1 seasons have led to a direct result in the increased gate, officials say.

xthumbsupx Congrats to NDSU! The Gateway has nabbed a great program for their conference! It's going to be something when NDSU plays UNI, SDSU and UND in the same year! xbowx

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
It is good news indeed. Gateway competition should help push those ticket sales again this fall if they are available.xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
April 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM
xthumbsupx Congrats to NDSU! The Gateway has nabbed a great program for their conference! It's going to be something when NDSU plays UNI, SDSU and UND in the same year! xbowx

Thanks, but we've got a long ways to go. :)

The Gateway is going to be tough and wins sell tickets so we'll have to see if the trend continues.

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
It's at 7,500 now and expected to climb to 8,000 or more by opening game.

Good times.xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
April 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
It's at 7,500 now and expected to climb to 8,000 or more by opening game.

Good times.xthumbsupx

And that would still result in availability for students and the general public!xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
And that would still result in availability for students and the general public!xthumbsupx

Unfortunately, with a season tix base of 8,000 and student allotment of 3,800 and counting a capacity of 19,287, there would be almost 45,000 singles available for the season. It would actually be a couple thousand more total singles than last season, cause we only had five games then.

Still way too much.

jessesd
April 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Time to raise the roof and add another row of deck seating at the good ole barn!!!

Can the FargoDome be enlarged if the demand trend continues?

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Time to raise the roof and add another row of deck seating at the good ole barn!!!

Can the FargoDome be enlarged if the demand trend continues?

Unfortunately about the only seating that could be added to my knowledge would be in the corners which would be obstucted view seating. I suppose more work could be done to add seating but at that point it would be cost prohibitive and a new larger stadium would be a more likely option.

MplsBison
April 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM
And a new stadium is not going to happen for at least another 20 years.

The Dome is only 15 years old or so and I believe NDSU has a 40 year lease.

Fordham
April 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
is anyone surprised by this? I would think the opportunity to purchase tickets for what I've read will be the premier rivalry in FCS football would be enough reason to buy the package alone!

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM
A new stadium will only happen when we get to the point where Montana is at with Ticket sales. Whether thats 5 years 10 years or more nobody knows but when demand far exceeds capacity the new staduim will be on the front burner and get pushed through.

MplsBison
April 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
As long as it's a new dome.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
With turf? :p

TheBisonator
April 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Guys, we still have a long way to go to reach Montana's demand. We'll reach it once season tix sales get to 14,500 and all singles sell out within a day of release. Us Bison fans are still glued to the GoBison.com seating chart ticket availability page every week before home games to see how close it is to selling out. A long ways from the days 5-6 years ago where we only got 7,000 for some games, but still another far cry from a guaranteed season sellout in early August.

JackTwice
April 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
You guys are well on their way to that number Bisonator. Especially if games continue to sell out. When it gets tough to get a ticket, season ticket numbers climb quickly. I know in Jackrabbit land they would jump through the roof if we had 4000 season tickets sold.

stevdock
April 22nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Remember though that our fans are very fickle. If we lose our first 2 out of 3 conference games, the fans will stop coming, just like in previous years. Wins = sellouts. Any losses will kill that in Fargo.

BisBison
April 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ndsu-season-ticket-purchases-climbing&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

We're playing Notre Dame? WOW that's cool! xhurrayx

MplsBison
April 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Notre Dame calls themselves ND.

www.nd.edu, for example.

www.und.edu is North Dakota.

bisonguy
April 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Notre Dame calls themselves ND.

www.nd.edu, for example.

www.und.edu is North Dakota.

http://und.com/ xcoffeex

MplsBison
April 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Anyone can register a .com site.

You actually have to be a university to register a .edu site.

Therefore, the .edu site is the one with credibility and the one that will be used to determine a school's official acronym.

bisonguy
April 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Anyone can register a .com site.

You actually have to be a university to register a .edu site.

Therefore, the .edu site is the one with credibility and the one that will be used to determine a school's official acronym.

Yes, anyone can register a .com domain. For instance, Notre Dame can register http://und.com

TheBisonator
April 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
MplsSioux had to ruin this thread too.

Gil Dobie
April 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
MplsSioux had to ruin this thread too.

NDSU needs to play UND
NDSU needs to play UND
NDSU needs to play UND
xdeadhorsex

MplsBison
April 22nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
No matter how much you bitch and moan, I'm going to keep bringing it up until the two teams start playing.

Gil Dobie
April 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
No matter how much you bitch and moan, I'm going to keep bringing it up until the two teams start playing.

xdizzyx

jessesd
April 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM

Is that the same reason why you keep posting on the Big East boards about their expansion and Central Florida?

:pumpuke:
All you accomplished so far in both boards is making an a$$ of yourself and for what I can see everyone else just shuts you down and makes fun of your brainless posts!

xdeadhorsex
:pumpuke:

MplsBison
April 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
So you have noticed me on bigeastboards?

I haven't posted on there in a while. They mostly talk about bball in the spring. Boring.

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
If MplsSioux is going to keep hijacking threads, perhaps a ban is in order??

FargoBison
April 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
If MplsSioux is going to keep hijacking threads, perhaps a ban is in order??

Then he'll just come back as Mplsbison1234, the guy has probably had 6 id's over at bisonville.

MplsBison
April 23rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
I've had:

Bisonfan1234
Greenandgold01 (though I lied about it not being me)
2006gwfcchamps
MplsBison