PDA

View Full Version : Extra Point week six

OL FU
October 5th, 2005, 07:45 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN3982913.htm

Surprise picks

NDSU over Cal Poly - Is that a surprise? I thought so since Cal Poly is home?
FU over ASU - This one may not be surprising since FU was his pre-season number one.

I have not had time to read the article yet. just looked at the predictions.

kats89
October 5th, 2005, 08:05 AM
One prediction he will get a "L" on is NW St over SHSU. The Kats have been penned up for 22 days and are axious to get on the field. I look for the Kats to get revenge for last year and get an early conference win to kick things off in the SLC.

Cal Poly Mustang
October 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN3982913.htm

Surprise picks

NDSU over Cal Poly - Is that a surprise? I thought so since Cal Poly is home?
FU over ASU - This one may not be surprising since FU was his pre-season number one.

I have not had time to read the article yet. just looked at the predictions.

When Cal Poly played MSU in San Luis Obispo, the Mustangs were the underdogs in that game too. Hopefully being the underdog at home can help motivate them.

-- Go Mustangs!

LacesOut
October 5th, 2005, 08:26 AM
App State plays TWO I-A teams, LSU and Kansas???? Good grief!!

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I just read it quickly, and have two issues:

1 - Grambling state is "easilty the class of the SWAC". A 2-1 team is the class of the SWAC by running up the score against Prairie View and Alabama A&M? I think Alabama State might have something to do with the SWAC title

2 - Lehigh is a great team, but I would hesitate to call them the clear cut favorite in the PL. They are the front runners, but Lafayette isn't going to stop playing this year, a renewed Holy Cross gets a shot at them this weekend, and Colgate shouldn't be counted out yet. I think the PL has a lot of parity in it this year as well.

oh, and the freshman running back for Colgate is Jordan Scott; not Joe Scott. I'm venturing he should learn that name now since Scott could be the back of the future for 'gate.

89Hen
October 5th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Lehigh is a great team, but I would hesitate to call them the clear cut favorite in the PL.
I wouldn't. :p Doesn't mean they will win it, but I think they have to be the chalk to win it.

LUHawker
October 5th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't. :p Doesn't mean they will win it, but I think they have to be the chalk to win it.

Lafayette is clearly a contender but I think our boy 13 is secretly (and silently ;) ) holding out hope that the team from Hamilton can find a way to be there at the end. With that being said, I don't think Colgate's got all the goods this year and he just can't bring himself to say it...yet. Still, I love Colgate13's unwavering enthusiasm for his team specifically and the Patriot League generally, and even appreciate his support of Lehigh on this board as a "brothers-in-arms" kind of way. :)

AppGuy04
October 5th, 2005, 09:48 AM
App State plays TWO I-A teams, LSU and Kansas???? Good grief!!

well, in past years, Kansas would have been more like a top tier I-AA team instead of a I-A team, but you can't blame them, they are traveling and raking in the money for it too. They have plans to expand the stadium and build a new field house, so money is needed.

LacesOut
October 5th, 2005, 10:08 AM
well, in past years, Kansas would have been more like a top tier I-AA team instead of a I-A team, but you can't blame them, they are traveling and raking in the money for it too. They have plans to expand the stadium and build a new field house, so money is needed.

Got it, thanks.

That's one hella tough schedule though.

colgate13
October 5th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Lafayette is clearly a contender but I think our boy 13 is secretly (and silently ;) ) holding out hope that the team from Hamilton can find a way to be there at the end. With that being said, I don't think Colgate's got all the goods this year and he just can't bring himself to say it...yet. Still, I love Colgate13's unwavering enthusiasm for his team specifically and the Patriot League generally, and even appreciate his support of Lehigh on this board as a "brothers-in-arms" kind of way. :)

I try and temper Homer, but he does seep through now and again. :)

My biggest issue in annointing Lehigh the clear cut fav is that they, like Colgate, have not played a league game yet. Lehigh manhandles Holy Cross this weekend, and I'll say it's their league to lose. If it's close, and I think it will be, it will show that this league has some upsets ahead of it.

As for Colgate, I too anxiously wait for league play to start next weekend vs. Fordham. Given their situation so far this year, anything but a solid game against the Rams puts them on the outside looking in IMO.

And I'll always support Lehigh when I think it deserves it - except for some Saturday every year in October or November. See you in Hamilton on the 29th! :)

Dallas Demon
October 5th, 2005, 10:57 AM
One prediction he will get a "L" on is NW St over SHSU. The Kats have been penned up for 22 days and are axious to get on the field. I look for the Kats to get revenge for last year and get an early conference win to kick things off in the SLC.

Well, the same exact things can be said about the Demons being penned up for 22 days. The Demons are not happy with the season thus far and are anxious to get the second half of the season going on a hot streak. Demons win this one and get off to a good conference start.

LUHawker
October 5th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I try and temper Homer, but he does seep through now and again. :)

My biggest issue in annointing Lehigh the clear cut fav is that they, like Colgate, have not played a league game yet. Lehigh manhandles Holy Cross this weekend, and I'll say it's their league to lose. If it's close, and I think it will be, it will show that this league has some upsets ahead of it.

No need for an annointment, yet, but I do think Lehigh handles the Cross this weekend. I haven't yet seen HC in action, but generally speaking, they don't match up well with Lehigh. I think Lehigh's D steps it up this week and LU's O is too much for the Cross. On a totally irrational basis, I worry more about Fordham in terms of upsets for LU, but do agree there may be an upset or two coming down the road (I can't help but think that Bucknell may surprise the Leopards)

catbob
October 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Portland State (3-2) at Boise State (I-A, 2-2), 8:05

If Portland State can make it out of the month of October with playoff hopes alive, it will be an impressive feat. The Vikings have a solid team, but face a month with games at Eastern Washington, Boise State and Montana and a home date against Montana State. Last week’s 42-24 loss to Eastern Washington got the Vikings off to a tough start, and it doesn’t figure to get much better at Boise State. The Bengals average 33.5 points per game and more than 400 yards per contest, and have scored 92 points in the last two games. Portland State should put up some points, but the Bengal offense is too tough and will drop Portland State to 3-3 with just one I-AA loss. Prediction: Boise State 49, Portland State 21

Who are the Bengals???