PDA

View Full Version : Cats look sharp in scrimmage

CrazyCat
April 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Ash lauded the three quarterbacks in competition for starting honors at that position. "I thought the quarterbacks did OK. They threw the ball accurately and they were pretty quick on their delivery, getting the ball out against pressure. I thought they were pretty consistent."

While the offense performed well, Ash also liked the play of the defense. "I thought the defense rose up nicely on third-and-short situations, and they were very physical in there. It was good."

"The guys love to play the game," Ash said. "It was good to have them out there. I thought the intensity stayed focused throughout."

BOBCATS (http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/SPORTS/804140315)

GOKATS
April 14th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Considering that the Cats only had 6 practices before the scrimmage yesterday, I think things are looking good for this year.

CopperCat
April 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
After having a somewhat dismal situation at QB last year, it will be interesting to see who comes out of the pack for the 08' season. Ash seems to like to run a balanced attack, which might favor Rasmussen who is more of the pocket passer type. But then again, I don't know much about the new QB transfer, so maybe we will see some of both. As long as whoever goes out there doesn't have legs made of concrete, then we will be ok.

CrazyCat
April 14th, 2008, 02:53 PM
After having a somewhat dismal situation at QB last year, it will be interesting to see who comes out of the pack for the 08' season. Ash seems to like to run a balanced attack, which might favor Rasmussen who is more of the pocket passer type. But then again, I don't know much about the new QB transfer, so maybe we will see some of both. As long as whoever goes out there doesn't have legs made of concrete, then we will be ok.

From practice reports it sounds like a toss-up between Ras. and Iddins with Desin showing well. Coach Ash has stated he probably wont name a starter until fall. I'm excited about all three and wonder if Ash will bring in a second QB ( Desin) during the game to mix things up.