April 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM
as of 4-11-08

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%204-11-08/

Homegrown Hillbilly
April 13th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the update. Keep em comin xthumbsupx

AppStateold299
April 13th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know when the expected completion date of the renovations? I find it hard to believe they are going to be done by football season.

HighRyder08
April 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
i dont think they are ever going to be done.... i only see workers during the week and never on weekends or at night... if i was in charge, i would be working around the clock trying to get everything finished... the dorms are being renovated during the weekends, why cant the stadium be?

Saint3333
April 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM
i dont think they are ever going to be done.... i only see workers during the week and never on weekends or at night... if i was in charge, i would be working around the clock trying to get everything finished... the dorms are being renovated during the weekends, why cant the stadium be?

They were working on the stadium yesterday per the remax webcam.

The East Side stands should be complete by the opening game and the Shell of the West Side facility should be taking shape by then (and complete by the 2009 season).

appsfan
April 13th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Keep the pictures coming and thanks!

HighRyder08
April 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
They were working on the stadium yesterday per the remax webcam.

The East Side stands should be complete by the opening game and the Shell of the West Side facility should be taking shape by then (and complete by the 2009 season).

my apologies then...i drove by the stadium last weekend and didnt see anybody working so i figured they were just working 5 days a week. sorry for the misunderstanding.

HighRyder08
April 13th, 2008, 06:07 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%204-11-08/DSCF0023.jpg

does anybody else on here think that the placement of the 2007 in front of the past two years looks weird? it just doesnt look right to me. maybe im crazy. xconfusedx

appchuck
April 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM

does anybody else on here think that the placement of the 2007 in front of the past two years looks weird? it just doesnt look right to me. maybe im crazy. xconfusedx

I agree, the 2007 looks funny. I do like seeing the updates/

APPride
April 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM

well, it's obvious they are thinking ahead.

there is now space for 2008

:D xrolleyesx :) xrotatehx xnodx

Appguy
April 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
well, it's obvious they are thinking ahead.

there is now space for 2008

:D xrolleyesx :) xrotatehx xnodx

Yea, I guess even years on the right, odd on left but damn thats way too cocky lol

HighRyder08
April 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
absolutely hilarious xlolx

KiddBrewer
April 13th, 2008, 10:28 PM
i thought the same thing when i saw itxcoffeex xthumbsupx

SoCon48
April 14th, 2008, 06:56 AM
as of 4-11-08

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%204-11-08/

2009 season for sure. Still won't have it completely finished but soon.

ASUG8
April 14th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Looks like those guys will be humping it this summer even to get the East side completed -
Thanks for the pics - much better than goasu.com.

AppGrad06
April 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Yea, I guess even years on the right, odd on left but damn thats way too cocky lol

I would call it cost effective. You gotta double up on one side (left or right) if you don't want to buy a whole new awning. I can think of a lot better ways to spend that money then on an awning, especially if we would need to replace it again after the 08 season;)

appfan2008
April 14th, 2008, 01:19 PM
goasu.com has been doing a great job of updating the pictures at least every 3-4 days over the past month... before that was definately a different story... click on the facilities enhancement campaign icon then on construction progress to see all the most recent pictures...

east side done by our first game west side done by 09

the 2007 does look to be in a wierd place... it looks to me like they just didnt want to make a new one...

soweagle
April 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Did the construction have any effect on spring practice?

neersnbeers
April 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Did the construction have any effect on spring practice?

No. Most of spring practice and drills were held in the indoor facility. That thing has def. paid off because of no interruption of practice schedule.

mmiller_34
April 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Brewer is going to look tight after its done, whats the capacity going to be afterwards

AppGrad06
April 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Brewer is going to look tight after its done, whats the capacity going to be afterwards

~22,000 seats plus however many people can be packed onto the grass on the hill and the student sections. Probably looking at 30,000 people for big games

edit: Somehow when I post I almost always end up starting a new page. Go figure

thmst30
April 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM
No. Most of spring practice and drills were held in the indoor facility. That thing has def. paid off because of no interruption of practice schedule.
Yea that indoor facility was probably one of the smartest decisions ASU has made in terms of athletic buildings. Its REALLY payed off already. Great addition to the campus.

appfan2008
April 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM

that is almost true... we had one interruption because of the student who claim to see a gunman on campus and the campus was locked down. the football team had to go to the locker room for the rest of the practice

SoCon48
April 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM
that is almost true... we had one interruption because of the student who claim to see a gunman on campus and the campus was locked down. the football team had to go to the locker room for the rest of the practice

Actually no one claimed to have sees the gunman except the bogus gunman himself. I hope they locked his azz up.

SoCon48
April 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM

Dunno, do the math. It held 28K when the seating was 16.6K. Now with an added 4K, it maybe should hold 30-32K. Portajons are going to be at a premium if they do allow that many in.

Saint3333
April 15th, 2008, 03:09 PM
They are also adding over 200 toilets with these projects. That's should no longer be a problem as that's one "seat" for every 75 people assuming 30K.

AppMan
April 15th, 2008, 08:37 PM
New seating on the East side will be completed, although the restrooms and concessions probably will not. The press facilities in the new Athletic Center on West side is supposed to be fully operational (kind of like the 1/2 completed Death Star in Star Wars), but the rest of the building won't be ready until 2009. New scoreboard should be up for this season.

Saint3333
April 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
New seating on the East side will be completed, although the restrooms and concessions probably will not. The press facilities in the new Athletic Center on West side is supposed to be fully operational (kind of like the 1/2 completed Death Star in Star Wars), but the rest of the building won't be ready until 2009. New scoreboard should be up for this season.

I've heard that new screen on the scoreboard will be three times as large as the current one.

When did they say the restrooms and concessions would be operating?

APPride
April 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I've heard that new screen on the scoreboard will be three times as large as the current one.

When did they say the restrooms and concessions would be operating?

I heard new east side RR's and concession to be ready by this season and west side RR's renovated by this season? Guess we'll learn more Wednesday at Yosef spring tour stop...

SoCon48
April 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I heard new east side RR's and concession to be ready by this season and west side RR's renovated by this season? Guess we'll learn more Wednesday at Yosef spring tour stop...

Tour says RR's ready this Fall.

appfan2008
April 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I cant wait to finally see the side stands start to go up... It has been fun to watch the west rise behind the stands

neersnbeers
April 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Hope they come up with some sweet intro for the new video board!xthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
April 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Anyone know of any plans to upgrade the sound system? Seriously, putting two REALLY LOUD speakers at the scoreboard is not really an effective way to pump sound through the stadium. It just ends up sounding muffled and grainy. I might actually be more psyched about the new video board than the new seating. They should definitely use it to show more real-time game activity and instant replays.

HighRyder08
April 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Anyone know of any plans to upgrade the sound system? Seriously, putting two REALLY LOUD speakers at the scoreboard is not really an effective way to pump sound through the stadium. It just ends up sounding muffled and grainy. I might actually be more psyched about the new video board than the new seating. They should definitely use it to show more real-time game activity and instant replays.

i totally agree with you. our sound system in the past has been horrible....im sure there will be some sort of upgrade

SoCon48
April 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM

They should definitely use it to show more.......instant replays.

Nope, can't do it. The conference would raise hell. It would catch the SoCon refs in too many screw up calls.xrulesx

Touchdown Yosef
April 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Are we still going to use the old one? I would love to see one on each end.

AppAlum2003
April 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Are we still going to use the old one? I would love to see one on each end.

Yeah, doesn't make sense to just get rid of the old one. It's only 7 - 8 years old. Maybe they could use it at the new baseball stadium if anything?

KiddBrewer
April 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
i hadnt heard about a new video board. pretty sweet tho. any details?

tarmac
April 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM
"Nope, can't do it. The conference would raise hell. It would catch the SoCon refs in too many screw up calls"

Huh, APP shows instant replay almost every play.

spoogemcgee18
April 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I hear they're also currently installing a giant neon yellow "A" at the summit of Howard's Knob that will shoot off fireworks everytime we score.

AppAlum2003
April 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I hear they're also currently installing a giant neon yellow "A" at the summit of Howard's Knob that will shoot off fireworks everytime we score.

Hey, if they made it tall enough, we could use it for Away games, too!

APPride
April 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM

just as long as NASA doesn't install it...might mess w/ folks rabbit ear tv reception...xsmiley_wix

http://www.mountaintimes.com/history/1970s/windmill.php3

Appinator
April 17th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I can only assume that all of the new pictures and updates to the facility plans will be released next Friday (the day after the last Yosef Club tour date), but can anyone who went to the actual event give us all an over view? Stuff that sounds new to me is an updated video board over the field house, images of the expansion, and an updated time-line. Any specific details on everything that was reviewed?

lillycafe
April 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I can only assume that all of the new pictures and updates to the facility plans will be released next Friday (the day after the last Yosef Club tour date), but can anyone who went to the actual event give us all an over view? Stuff that sounds new to me is an updated video board over the field house, images of the expansion, and an updated time-line. Any specific details on everything that was reviewed?

I am going to the meeting tonight in Wilkesboro and I will try to update everyone tomorrow. I do not think there is going to be a new video board over Owens Field House. I think we are getting a replacement for the one we have now.

APPride
April 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM

the new east side expansion is metal bleachers on concrete piers and is not an overhang...that ought to allow for some serious foot stomping noise...

SoCon48
April 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I was afraid of that. It'll feel like being at Bristol raceway or a demolition derby at the fair.

Touchdown Yosef
April 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
the new east side expansion is metal bleachers on concrete piers and is not an overhang...that ought to allow for some serious foot stomping noise...

Really, I had heard all along that there would be an overhand with room for luxury boxes underneath in the future.

Can we expect a mirror image of the other side or will there sill be a gap between the two levels?

APPride
April 17th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Really, I had heard all along that there would be an overhand with room for luxury boxes underneath in the future.

Can we expect a mirror image of the other side or will there sill be a gap between the two levels?

It's gonna look good...but not a mirror image...there will be a landing between old and new..some wheelchair seating here alsoxthumbsupx ...there will be metal stair towers on each end...I think the luxury suite in the future idea is hampered since it will not be an overhang...

Touchdown Yosef
April 17th, 2008, 04:28 PM
It's gonna look good...but not a mirror image...there will be a landing between old and new..some wheelchair seating here alsoxthumbsupx ...there will be metal stair towers on each end...I think the luxury suite in the future idea is hampered since it will not be an overhang...

I have to say that sounds a little disapointing. I was first disapointed when I heard it would be more bleachers instead of seats. I thought the look of a second level would me much more astetically pleasing as well.

When they announced the additional seating the budget for the upgrades went up by like 40 million if I remember correctly. Assuming some of that is going to the new scoreboard are these bleachers looking like a 35 million dollar improvement?

APPride
April 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I have to say that sounds a little disapointing. I was first disapointed when I heard it would be more bleachers instead of seats. I thought the look of a second level would me much more astetically pleasing as well.

When they announced the additional seating the budget for the upgrades went up by like 40 million if I remember correctly. Assuming some of that is going to the new scoreboard are these bleachers looking like a 35 million dollar improvement?

ummm..you sure about that? I thought the entire new complex on the west side was around 25-30 mil? (for comparison...) maybe the east side expansion takes it to 40 mil total?

The Moody1
April 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM

The cost of the additional 4,400 seats is well under 10 million. I think the actual number is closer to 5 million.

AppGrad06
April 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
ummm..you sure about that? I thought the entire new complex on the west side was around 25-30 mil? (for comparison...) maybe the east side expansion takes it to 40 mil total?

that sounds right, and I remember an article a long time ago saying the new score board was being donated.

SoCon48
April 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM
A whole lot of unrelated costs have been thrown in to the stadium bill, plus from the time the thing was planned to the actual contract awarding, costs rose.

thmst30
April 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm disappointed that its just going to be metal bleachers. Very Highschoolish. Would have liked it to be higher quality, also was hoping for the overhang. Not just an upward extension like the other side. However I'm excited about the new scoreboard, hopefully as mentioned earlier they will update the awful sound system. I HATE the one we have now.

Saint3333
April 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM

The original cost for the athletic enhancements were $32 million, which are now $50 million due to the approval of the east side expansion, extras they're disclosing at the Yosef tour events this month, and rising costs.

KiddBrewer
April 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm disappointed that its just going to be metal bleachers. Very Highschoolish. Would have liked it to be higher quality, also was hoping for the overhang. Not just an upward extension like the other side. However I'm excited about the new scoreboard, hopefully as mentioned earlier they will update the awful sound system. I HATE the one we have now.

idk, i see what youre saying, but it seems to me like metal bleachers are part of college football all over america (ex. Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State....) ofcourse those schools havent seen expansion lately, but those fans are also standing a lot during the game.........Im gonna want the regular seats when i get older im sure though....its a lot cheaper and quicker however.

im excited about the new scoreboard as well, and surely they will do something about the sound rather than putting more speakers on the board?

thmst30
April 21st, 2008, 08:41 PM
idk, i see what youre saying, but it seems to me like metal bleachers are part of college football all over america (ex. Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State....) ofcourse those schools havent seen expansion lately, but those fans are also standing a lot during the game.........Im gonna want the regular seats when i get older im sure though....its a lot cheaper and quicker however.

im excited about the new scoreboard as well, and surely they will do something about the sound rather than putting more speakers on the board?
True, metal bleachers are used a lot in college as well. Was just hoping for a little better since its being build in 2008. However if its brings more noise than it will be fine by me. Just hope it doesn't look really out of place and cheap compared to the great new complex.

appfan2008
April 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
True, metal bleachers are used a lot in college as well. Was just hoping for a little better since its being build in 2008. However if its brings more noise than it will be fine by me. Just hope it doesn't look really out of place and cheap compared to the great new complex.
i am afraid of that as well... i really think that concrete would be a whole lot better...

SoCon48
April 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM

They're used at a lot of racetracks for the cheap bleacher tickets, demolition derbies at fairgrounds, too.

dgreco
April 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM

Noise is what I was thinking, UCF has the new stadium this year and a lot smaller than most FBS school stadiums it was extremely loud because of the metal bleachers.

WVAPPmountaineer
April 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
If the new addition is full of APP fans who really cares what the aesthetic value is? ---

appsfan
April 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Also, I would think metal bleachers would be faster to build and have ready for the season.

AppMan
April 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
If the new addition is full of APP fans who really cares what the aesthetic value is? ---

Thank you!

APPALACHIANstate
April 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Who sits down anyways?

mountaineertider
April 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Who sits down anyways?

Woah woah woah.... you're gonna try and tell me people sit down at football games? What's next your gonna try and sell me the fact that the Panama Canal isn't the US' anymore?

BeauFoster
April 23rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Who sits down anyways?

Some sorry old bag tried to have the ushers ask me to sit down last year. She told them she was tired of looking at my butt. And all this time I thought I had a nice butt!

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Also, I would think metal bleachers would be faster to build and have ready for the season.

One season and live with them for 30 years. I say go 1st class on every thing otherwise don't waste money on brick concourses and columns. Ropes and cement would work in that case.

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Thank you!

appsfan
Also, I would think metal bleachers would be faster to build and have ready for the season

and

Originally Posted by WVAPPmountaineer

One season and live with them for 30 years. I say go 1st class on every thing otherwise don't waste money on brick concourses and columns. Ropes and cement would work in that case.

AppGrad06
April 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Personally I've never seen anything other then metal bleachers in a college stadium...except in high dollar seats where the people with their names on buildings sit. The bleachers allow more versatility, i.e. you can cram in more people. Besides 85% of the people there never touch cheeks to seat while the players are on the field.

SideLine Shooter
April 23rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Personally I've never seen anything other then metal bleachers in a college stadium...except in high dollar seats where the people with their names on buildings sit. The bleachers allow more versatility, i.e. you can cram in more people. Besides 85% of the people there never touch cheeks to seat while the players are on the field.

I don't know about now but N.D. use to have wood bleachers in there stands.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

WVAPPmountaineer
April 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM

I'm not sure what you are hoping to see - I was not referring to the structure only the seating - what are you referring to? ---

BEAR
April 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
I bet this is also an APP thread....

AppStFan76
April 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
I bet this is also an APP thread....

What gave you that impression?xthumbsupx

AppGrad06
April 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I don't know about now but N.D. use to have wood bleachers in there stands.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I doubt they are still wood, they put those in during WWII (I think. I suppose I could ask my grandfather) when aluminum and other metals were hard to come by, doubt they held up that well.

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM

Metal bleacher seats are one thing. The metal stands as opposed to concrete are another. We currently have concrete stands with metal seats on the East side you know. The talk is that the whole new section will be aluminum stands like in the cheap seats at Bristol Speedway.

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure what you are hoping to see - I was not referring to the structure only the seating - what are you referring to? ---

Been hearing the whole thing was aluminum. Hope that is incorrect.

thmst30
April 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Yea thats my only problem too. The actual seats being bleachers is no different from the other side. I just don't want a big aluminum structure coming up off the lower level concrete.

AppGrad06
April 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
The impression I had was that it was going to be metal benches. If it is all metal a) that sucks and b) why isn't it done yet. An all metal structure should take about 2 seconds to put up b/c they are basically overgrown erector sets.

SoCon48
April 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
The impression I had was that it was going to be metal benches. If it is all metal a) that sucks and b) why isn't it done yet. An all metal structure should take about 2 seconds to put up b/c they are basically overgrown erector sets.

Yep a local PTA can put them up on a Saturday morning.xcoolx

KiddBrewer
April 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Yea thats my only problem too. The actual seats being bleachers is no different from the other side. I just don't want a big aluminum structure coming up off the lower level concrete.

OHH.....well i see the big fuss now, i was assuming it was going to be like the other side......yea metal BLEACHERS would suck real bad.

tarmac
April 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
4-24-08 East Side Boone web cam

thmst30
April 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
4-24-08 East Side Boone web cam
Why are they tearing up the hill? Thats where a ton of people sat last year. Are they smoothing it out? They also took out quite a few trees on that side.

DLS
April 24th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I wonder if any has ever thought of using a timber-frame construction for stands. would be highly expensive but would look gnarly on the side of a mountain.

ericsaid
April 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Why are they tearing up the hill? Thats where a ton of people sat last year. Are they smoothing it out? They also took out quite a few trees on that side.

They are adding 4,000 seats there.

BeauFoster
April 24th, 2008, 05:52 PM

The portion of the hill that is being taken out will make room for an enlarged concourse both under the new stands and circling around to the west side. There will be new bathrooms, concessions, and souvenir stores underneath the new deck.

neersnbeers
April 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I wonder if any has ever thought of using a timber-frame construction for stands. would be highly expensive but would look gnarly on the side of a mountain.

Dude that would be tight! Just look like everything else in Boone.

APPALACHIANstate
April 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Except the girls...

thmst30
April 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM
They are adding 4,000 seats there.
LOL, No ****.xrotatehx :D

The portion of the hill that is being taken out will make room for an enlarged concourse both under the new stands and circling around to the west side. There will be new bathrooms, concessions, and souvenir stores underneath the new deck.
Yea I know about the new concourse, was just wondering what was going on to clear the hill so far up. But I guess putting in those new buildings will take a lot of room.

appsfan
April 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I also saw in the summary on GoASU.com of Yosef Club Spring Tour stop in Charlotte yesterday, Charlie Cobb was speaking about future plan of building a parking deck behind KBS. This is the first I can recall hearing about this. Can anyone share any details?xconfusedx

BeauFoster
April 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Yea I know about the new concourse, was just wondering what was going on to clear the hill so far up. But I guess putting in those new buildings will take a lot of room.

It's hard to imagine, but the new deck will likely be larger in overall size than the existing East stands. We walked off some dimensions this spring and started to realize that they are clearing out just what they will need to probably clear it. 4k is a pretty good size structure! xthumbsupx

Saint3333
April 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I also saw in the summary on GoASU.com of Yosef Club Spring Tour stop in Charlotte yesterday, Charlie Cobb was speaking about future plan of building a parking deck behind KBS. This is the first I can recall hearing about this. Can anyone share any details?xconfusedx

It would be behind the west side tower in between the indoor facility and the tennis courts.

SoCon48
April 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Dude has a point. It would fit right in with the 101 portajons.

AppMan
April 24th, 2008, 10:05 PM

A small parking lot is being built at the top far right (looking at the East Stands from the West) of Stadium Drive along with a gate, elevator and stairway to access the concourse behind the East Stands. Since the new locker and equipment rooms will be in the bank end of the new building a road from that parking lot down to the walkway around the bank will be put in so the equipment truck can access the new building.

AppMan
April 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
It would be behind the west side tower in between the indoor facility and the tennis courts.

Looks like the idea is to go on up with the parking lot now being built over there.

Appinator
April 25th, 2008, 08:42 AM
From reading the Yosef club tours post on Goasu.com, there seems to be a steady release of "dream" items that Cobb consistently talks about.

Can anyone elaborate on specifics? He mentions a parking deck behind the stadium in one post. I have NO idea where that could go. Then in another, he mentions the possibility of creating a better connector between the stadium and 105. The only road that goes that route right now is straight through a neighborhood and any significant road development would mean some huge property issues.

Any thoughts or insights?

"Athletics director Charlie Cobb described the main points of the Facility Enhancement Campaign to the crowd, highlighting the hopes for a parking deck behind the Kidd Brewer Stadium Complex as part of an overall master plan for the facility."

"Athletics director Charlie Cobb described the main points of the Facilities Enhancement Campaign to the crowd, highlighting the hopes for a connecting route between Highway 105 and campus as part of the master plan/vision for the project."

"Senior associate athletics director for development Rick Beasley, spoke about the progress of construction, showing aerial renderings of the Kidd Brewer Stadium complex. Included in the presentation for the first time was a picture of the hill area from the Lenoir-Rhyne game, where 28,802 Mountaineer fans were on hand to watch the 2007 home opener."

"As with most stops, many were interested in the facility renderings and the crowd actually gave a round of applause when it was announced that the west side restrooms and concessions stands were gutted and set to be replaced by kickoff this fall. Other facility details, along with other construction facts, benchmarks and timetables will be shared at each of the Spring Tour stops over the course of the next few weeks. The information will be posted online at GoASU.com following the tour"

"Athletics director Charlie Cobb explained the plan in detail with the audience on hand, even sharing vision about some “dreams” associated with the project that he hopes can be incorporated into the complex by the time construction is complete."

SoCon48
April 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Can anyone elaborate on specifics? He mentions a parking deck behind the stadium in one post. I have NO idea where that could go. Then in another, he mentions the possibility of creating a better connector between the stadium and 105. The only road that goes that route right now is straight through a neighborhood and any significant road development would mean some huge property issues.

That's what i thought, but a rendering he showed Wed night showed it extending Bodenheimer by the Broyhill Center, baseball field, etc on across that "mountain" to 105. In other words, it has nothing to do with Stadium Drive through the residential area.

SoCon48
April 25th, 2008, 09:01 AM
"As with most stops, many were interested in the facility renderings and the crowd actually gave a round of applause when it was announced that the west side restrooms and concessions stands were gutted and set to be replaced by kickoff this fall.

Yep the ladies did applaud loudly, but judging from the time the baseball facility has taken and still not completed, there's no way in hell. 2009 maybe.

appfan2008
April 25th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Yep the ladies did applaud loudly, but judging from the time the baseball facility has taken and still not completed, there's no way in hell. 2009 maybe.

that is what i dont get... how will they have the east side and restrooms, concessions done in a few months when it has taken a couple of years for an easier project at the baseball stadium

MountainMan
April 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
OK let's clear up some of the misplaced rumors floating around here.

The East Side will have metal seats attached to concrete risers that are held up by steel beams. If you look at the pictures of Montana's new deck it will be very similar.

The new road connecting 105 to the Broyhill would basically be an extension of Homespun Hills Drive which is right beside the Hess Gas Station on 105. From what I remember it turns into a dirt road that already connects to the back of the baseball stadium. From the drawing it looks like they will just make it a straight shot to Broyhill instead of the twisty dirt road that is there currently.

As APPMAN said they are putting in access road at the south end of the East Side deck along with a new gate. There will be a large concourse behind the east side which is why they are taking so much dirt behind that side. This year there will be new restrooms and concessions under the east deck and by next year 09 there will be a "concourse" with new restrooms in the south endzone. There will also be all new restrooms and concessions on the West Side for this year.

Hope that clears up a few things. Why does it seem that our fans jump to conclusions and start invisioning the worst case scnearo for everything that happens up there? This has been a huge project on a short time table considering the amount of new and reworked facilities involved.

MountainMan
April 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
that is what i dont get... how will they have the east side and restrooms, concessions done in a few months when it has taken a couple of years for an easier project at the baseball stadium

The baseball stadium got held up in the State of NC system when the plans were revised. It added 6 or 7 months to the project.

BeauFoster
April 25th, 2008, 09:41 AM

The East Side will have metal seats attached to concrete risers that are held up by steel beams. If you look at the pictures of Montana's new deck it will be very similar.

The new road connecting 105 to the Broyhill would basically be an extension of Homespun Hills Drive which is right beside the Hess Gas Station on 105. From what I remember it turns into a dirt road that already connects to the back of the baseball stadium. From the drawing it looks like they will just make it a straight shot to Broyhill instead of the twisty dirt road that is there currently.

As APPMAN said they are putting in access road at the south end of the East Side deck along with a new gate. There will be a large concourse behind the east side which is why they are taking so much dirt behind that side. This year there will be new restrooms and concessions under the east deck and by next year 09 there will be a "concourse" with new restrooms in the south endzone. There will also be all new restrooms and concessions on the West Side for this year.

Hope that clears up a few things. Why does it seem that our fans jump to conclusions and start invisioning the worst case scnearo for everything that happens up there? This has been a huge project on a short time table considering the amount of new and reworked facilities involved.

Tremendous post! xthumbsupx

Appinator
April 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the info, I hope I wasn't sounding pesimistic, we have just been fed these one to two sentences every once in a while to give us any idea of what the "master plan" is. I remmeber seeing plans of the concourse on here at some point, and I think it will be worth the wait.

AppGrad06
April 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM

thanks for the post. So me thinking it is to be concrete w/ metal benches was right (thank God)....I always wondered where that went

SoCon48
April 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
The baseball stadium got held up in the State of NC system when the plans were revised. It added 6 or 7 months to the project.

Then no more revisions, please. Get it right the first time and then get 'er done.

appsfan
April 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

AppMan
April 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

Below is a link to get an idea of what the new seating may look like. This is Stanford's new stadium. I can't think why anyone would have a problem with this.

http://www.southernbleacher.com/facility.detail.php?category=3&id=101&parent=Universities

thmst30
April 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Below is a link to get an idea of what the new seating may look like. This is Stanford's new stadium. I can't think why anyone would have a problem with this.

http://www.southernbleacher.com/facility.detail.php?category=3&id=101&parent=Universities
Ummm, I REALLY doubt we get anything close to that nice. I mean thats top quality **** right there. Apparently they are going to implement concrete, but its not going to be close to that level.

tarmac
April 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
new pics 4-25-08

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%204-25-08/

thmst30
April 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM
new pics 4-25-08

As always great work. I love how GoASU.com posts 2-3 new pics once a week and they are always of the SAME THING. Every time they take pictures of what I believe is an elevator shaft being built and thats it. Come on GoASU its not like its a big secret what they are doing up there, take some actual quality photos. Or get tarmac to do it for you. Thanks man.

thmst30
April 25th, 2008, 10:56 PM
They got a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go in just over 4 months. Better pray for one hell of a sunny summer this year.

Saint3333
April 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM
They got a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go in just over 4 months. Better pray for one hell of a sunny summer this year.

They've come a long way in the last two months.

MountainMan
April 27th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Again look at what Montana has done in 4 months during the middle of winter. Having steel beams with pre-cast concrete risers will make for a quick build. They are already pouring the footings for the steel supports.

BeauFoster
April 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Again look at what Montana has done in 4 months during the middle of winter. Having steel beams with pre-cast concrete risers will make for a quick build. They are already pouring the footings for the steel supports.

Agreed, the footings are already coming out of the ground - those are probably the most time consuming part of this build. Once they are done and the inspectors sign off on them, the stands will be installed in no time. Everything is probably either already fabbed or being fabbed right now. Within the next 6 weeks, we will see trucks pulling in and dropping off 90% completed pieces. The crane will take them off of the truck and drop them right into place. The Washington Nationals built their stadium in no time using the same technology. Pieces two or three times larger than what we will be using were dropped into place and bolted up in less than an hour. It doesnt even take big crews doing it, all it takes is 4 guys. I saw the whole thing done on a show on Discovery Channel.

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 02:34 PM
yea it's pretty cool seeing stuff built that way. the Arizona Cardinals new stadium was built that way as well.

ASUG8
April 27th, 2008, 03:21 PM
new pics 4-25-08

Yay! Toilets!:D

AppAlum2003
April 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Architectural designs for the new East Deck were finally released to the public! The concourse area looks huge.

http://www.goasu.com/subPage/130/

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Its about time and that looks pretty sweet to me... It doesnt look as ugly as people have been making it out to be...

AppGrad06
April 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Architectural designs for the new East Deck were finally released to the public! The concourse area looks huge.

yea that concourse looks enormous, but all in all it looks good

SoCon48
April 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM

Yeah, glad to see it released. I didn't quite understand the reason for waiting until after the Yosef Tour to release it. It was only shown for a few seconds on a projection screen and for most, from a distance. Of course the good part was that one could still note the overal shape and design.

It seems it will be quite attractive and provide the most seating for the space used.xthumbsupx

SoCon48
April 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
yea that concourse looks enormous, but all in all it looks good

With land at a premium on campus, we have to stake out all the space we can while we can! Good move.

AppIAA
April 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Maybe the concourse is so big because they are looking forward to future expansions? This way they wont have to take all the time to move the pipes, remove the land, etc. etc.

Touchdown Yosef
April 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe the concourse is so big because they are looking forward to future expansions? This way they wont have to take all the time to move the pipes, remove the land, etc. etc.

That would be my thought. Many years in the future we may have demand for more boxes and I wouldn't be surprised if the room left is just enought room to make a mirror image of the boxes of the other side.

AppAlum2003
April 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Would it be demeaning to call that area the "Moore Concourse" since it appears as though the Kidd Brewer name is here to stay?

AppGrad06
April 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Would it be demeaning to call that area the "Moore Concourse" since it appears as though the Kidd Brewer name is here to stay?

or they could name the field, Moore Field at KBS

SoCon48
April 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM

It certainly leaves that possibility open.

Appinator
April 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the new concrete area behind the expansion isn't what the athletic department is referring to as the new "concourse". I thought the concourse was going to connect the east and west sides, basically an enhanced version of what we had with the busted old restrooms. The concourse would contain new restrooms, a souvenir shop, and be crowned with the new video board.

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I believe that we have sold the rights to the name of the field for 1million dollars... I dont know who that was yet but here is a link... http://www.goasu.com/subPage/51/

AppAlum2003
April 29th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I believe that we have sold the rights to the name of the field for 1million dollars... I dont know who that was yet but here is a link... http://www.goasu.com/subPage/51/

Wait... does anyone know Citdog's net worth?

appfan2008
April 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM

oh lord I hope that is not the case...

AppAlum2003
April 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the new concrete area behind the expansion isn't what the athletic department is referring to as the new "concourse". I thought the concourse was going to connect the east and west sides, basically an enhanced version of what we had with the busted old restrooms. The concourse would contain new restrooms, a souvenir shop, and be crowned with the new video board.

con·course (kŏn'kôrs', -kōrs', kŏng'-)
n.

1. A large open space for the gathering or passage of crowds, as in an airport.
2. A broad thoroughfare.
3. A great crowd; a throng.
4. The act of coming, moving, or flowing together.

The goasu.com sidebar says "East Side Seating Expansion and Concourse." I know that this concourse will extend over to the west side, but it appears as though this new concrete area is the start of it. Regardless, the area is a lot bigger than expected.

The Moody1
April 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM

About xtwocentsx .

lizrdgizrd
April 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Any new updates?

appfan2008
April 30th, 2008, 03:34 PM
n.

2. A broad thoroughfare.

The goasu.com sidebar says "East Side Seating Expansion and Concourse." I know that this concourse will extend over to the west side, but it appears as though this new concrete area is the start of it. Regardless, the area is a lot bigger than expected.

well that definition describes it just right... that is exactly what that area will be all about...

AppAlum2003
April 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
The construction crews have had plenty of good weather here of late. Let's hope their as good as the crews out in Montana.

Appinator
April 30th, 2008, 05:41 PM
n.

2. A broad thoroughfare.

Thank you, Webster. Your knowledge is abundant and overflowing.xcoffeex

AppAlum2003
April 30th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you, Webster. Your knowledge is abundant and overflowing.xcoffeex

Actually, it was dictionary.com :D

Who cares what is called what. Let's celebrate progress!!!xrotatehx

BeauFoster
April 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Any new updates?

GoASU.com has a few new ones up, including one of the proposed parking area between the tennis courts and the indoor facility. Although all you can see is a wall. Also a few new pictures of Smith Stadium, though that isn't football related. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
May 1st, 2008, 08:38 AM
The construction crews have had plenty of good weather here of late. Let's hope their as good as the crews out in Montana.

the next 2 days (thursday and friday) are supposed to be in the low 70s no rain should be perfect for lots of fast construction...

AppAlum2003
May 1st, 2008, 08:51 AM
the next 2 days (thursday and friday) are supposed to be in the low 70s no rain should be perfect for lots of fast construction...

At this point, I'm so excited about it that I'm willing to drive up from Wilkesboro on my lunch break and lend a hand.

appfan2008
May 1st, 2008, 07:54 PM
At this point, I'm so excited about it that I'm willing to drive up from Wilkesboro on my lunch break and lend a hand.

being that i am graduating in a week it makes me realize just how much i have enjoyed seeing the stadium everyday for years and now that is almost over :(

AppAlum2003
May 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
being that i am graduating in a week it makes me realize just how much i have enjoyed seeing the stadium everyday for years and now that is almost over :(

Billy Madison: [grabs 3rd grader's face and whispers] Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that. Stay here. Stay here as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it. You have to cherish it.