PDA

View Full Version : Murray State QB Arrested??

ngineer
April 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I thought I heard a report on the radio that the QB for Murray State was arrested for a robbery that was supposedly some kind of 'dare' or prank? Didn't get to hear the whole story. What's anybody else got?

ngineer
April 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Rivals.com has the story on Jeff Erhardt who pushed a campus police officer and took his ticket book on a dare??? Supposedly, charged with second degree robbery, and certain discipline by the coach...

paward
April 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Plain and simple stupid!

EmeryZach
April 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM
That's awesome.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
All I can say is he's real lucky that he wasn't double dog dared to do something more drastic. It could have had real dire consequences.

Grizzaholic
April 12th, 2008, 10:47 PM
What a meat head. I always thought QB's were supposed to be the smart ones on the football team.

Hoyadestroya85
April 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
all that for 20 bucks hahahahahahahahahahaha

Weems
April 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
VERY dissapointing. Even with our rivalry, i am deeply saddened at your loss at the qb position.

skinny_uncle
April 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
What a meat head. I always thought QB's were supposed to be the smart ones on the football team.
It's Murray.
C'mon.
:D

Lehigh Football Nation
April 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=murray-state-qb-cited-for-second-degree-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

According to a uniform citation issued by the MSU Public Safety department, Racer sophomore quarterback Jeff Ehrhardt allegedly bumped a Racer Patrol officer from behind and stole his ticket book Wednesday around 7:15 p.m. in the intramural field parking lot.

Ehrhardt, from St. Louis Mo., was charged with second degree robbery. He is scheduled to appear in court on April 29 at 9 a.m. He was not arrested, but issued a court date by Public Safety.

According to Major Jody Cash Public Saftey, “After considering the facts of the case and consulting with the prosecutor’s office, we decided to issue a citation in lieu of physical arrest. By receiving a citation, Mr. Ehrhardt was provided a court date to appear in Calloway District Court instead of being lodged in the Calloway County jail.”

Ehrhardt later turned himself in to MSU Public Safety and returned the ticket book. He then waived his rights and provided a sworn statement that he did it after being “bet $20 he wouldn’t do it.”

Murray State University athletic officials said they are handling the matter internally and will not make any other comment at this time.

This is flat-out stupid. IMO, the officers are coming down way too hard on something that was clearly a prank.

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I saw the headline on Xbox live. Stupid.

OSRacer
April 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
This was stupid - no doubt. But, I am confident that this was blown way out of proportion. He was not arrested, he was cited. He did this on a bet, which makes this look even worse, but it can be summed up as 19 year old making a poor, poor decision. He'll get community service or something....

He was dealing with one of those student security officers, which is no excuse. Those folks have a tought enough job and need to be treated with respect...BUT - this is not what it is being made into...

Franks Tanks
April 14th, 2008, 09:26 AM
This was stupid - no doubt. But, I am confident that this was blown way out of proportion. He was not arrested, he was cited. He did this on a bet, which makes this look even worse, but it can be summed up as 19 year old making a poor, poor decision. He'll get community service or something....

He was dealing with one of those student security officers, which is no excuse. Those folks have a tought enough job and need to be treated with respect...BUT - this is not what it is being made into...

Also the "officer" appers to be one of those jokers hired by college's to walk around giving out parking tickets xmadx. I understand those people are technically law enforcement officials and the uniform must be respected, but really this kid just mis-judged the conesequences of the prank and hopefully it wont adversly effect him going forward.

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I don't think it matters who the officer was. The guy is still an idiot and things like this shouldn't be tolerated.

OSRacer
April 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I don't think it matters who the officer was. The guy is still an idiot and things like this shouldn't be tolerated.

He made a stupid mistake. The kid is not an idiot. Idiots pass judgement without knowing facts.

hoseman
April 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Agree...unfortunate mistake that must be dwelt with. OK - dealing only with facts so I won't be an idiot...the facts that I know of, are what Coach Griffin said about this young man...said he would stand beside this man not only now but throughout his life to assist in any way.
Griffin should be commended!

jsualum97
April 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
It sounds like some people are trying to justify a reason that this kid broke the law.
Being a OVC fan, I don't see Coach Griffin letting this one slide. He doesn't seem like that type.

hoseman
April 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Whatever Griffin deals out to this young man will be far worse than the consequences of the legal system. No way will Griffin "let him slide"... Griffin is the type of person that doesn't turn and run when someone needs him the most.

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
He made a stupid mistake. The kid is not an idiot. Idiots pass judgement without knowing facts.

I know the facts. Kid went up and messed with an officer, whether it was campus police or not, on a dare. He's an idiot.

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
fact:

Ehrhardt later turned himself in to MSU Public Safety and returned the ticket book. He then waived his rights and provided a sworn statement that he did it after being “bet $20 he wouldn’t do it.”

OSRacer
April 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I know the facts. Kid went up and messed with an officer, whether it was campus police or not, on a dare. He's an idiot.

Awful defensive, huh?

You do not know that facts.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you are a little quick to call names. And, you are wrong.

lizrdgizrd
April 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Awful defensive, huh?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but you are a little quick to call names. And, you are wrong.
Are you in possession of facts that are not available from the media? If so I'd love to hear them before I also state that the kid was acting like an idiot. xcoffeex

SoCon48
April 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe way too tough on the kid but he sure was dumb!

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Awful defensive, huh?

Haha. I'm not defensive. Just pointing to the facts. Mainly what the QB said. I could care less if someone from Murray State wants to call me a moron on a message board.

Police report says he admitted he did it on a dare. Care to fill us in on anything else? xcoffeex

already123
April 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
sucks for matheny and co...

eaglesrthe1
April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I vote idiot.

Definition: Making stupid decisions without regards to possible consequences.

downbythebeach
April 14th, 2008, 07:00 PM
IDIOT

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 08:06 PM
http://josh.blogs.com/israel/images/famfeud.jpg
Survey says.....

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
the top answer is...

PantherRob82
April 16th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Any updates? xconfusedx

PantherRob82
April 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Here's something new:

"The report taken indicated force was used in the commission of a theft, hence the 2nd degree robbery charge, which is a Class C felony and carries a penalty of 5-10 years and a fine between $1,000 and $10,000."

http://www.murrayledger.com/articles/2008/04/11/sports/sports02.txt

bigbluetiger
April 16th, 2008, 09:24 AM
He lit our defense up for 400 yards last year so I hope he gets 5 years. j/k.

PantherRob82
April 16th, 2008, 09:50 AM
He lit our defense up for 400 yards last year so I hope he gets 5 years. j/k.

xlolx haha brutal.

hawkeye
April 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I can picture Barney Fife on a bicycle with a whistle, blowing while in full stride, yelling "Come back with my book or I will throw my helmet at you"
All this while the offensive line yells RUN FORREST......RUN.

OSRacer
April 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Nothing new to report on this end.

A stupid move by our QB that that has been blown out of proportion. He shouldn't have done it, but he did and will have to deal with it. Looks like some community service and an apology type of thing is what will come out of this...

I wish I had some way to paint this in a more positive light, but it is what it is...

lizrdgizrd
April 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Awful defensive, huh?

Are you in possession of facts that are not available from the media? If so I'd love to hear them before I also state that the kid was acting like an idiot. xcoffeex

Nothing new to report on this end.

A stupid move by our QB that that has been blown out of proportion. He shouldn't have done it, but he did and will have to deal with it. Looks like some community service and an apology type of thing is what will come out of this...

I wish I had some way to paint this in a more positive light, but it is what it is...

So idiot it is!

OSRacer
April 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
So idiot it is!

No.

PantherRob82
April 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
So idiot it is!

Thank you. Although I'm sure his dad(OSRacer) isn't willing to admit it. ;)

OSRacer
April 16th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Not his dad; there is nothing new to report; he made a stupid mistake; I know what happened; I just never got into the message board name calling business.

I'm not too concerned if everyone agrees with the names and what not, its just that I happen know what the situation and it doesn't fit...

Have at it...Not trying to argue.

lizrdgizrd
April 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Not his dad; there is nothing new to report; he made a stupid mistake; I know what happened; I just never got into the message board name calling business.

I'm not too concerned if everyone agrees with the names and what not, its just that I happen know what the situation and it doesn't fit...

Have at it...Not trying to argue.
The kid acted like an idiot, plain and simple. It's not a terminal disease in all cases. Maybe he'll get the right dose of medicine to cure him.

PantherRob82
April 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM
OK, I'm done. Just tired of people defending stupid incidents. (This guy, Hofstra coach, Carmello Anthony DUI, etc)