PDA

View Full Version : Chuck South spring game article

CSUBUCDAD
April 12th, 2008, 03:31 PM
http://csusports.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=2444

Late Drive Comes Up Short As Defense Takes Spring Game 29-21
April 12, 2008
By CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. – An interception by junior Greg Tompkins in the endzone, helped the defensive squad continue their dominance in the final spring scrimmage at Charleston Southern, Saturday. The win makes it six in a row for the defensive squad as they took Saturday’s scrimmage 29-21.

The interception, which bounced up in the air after a collision with intended receiver redshirt freshman Quinton Thrash, was one of three picks recorded by the defense. Redshirt freshmen Chris Poston and Jacques Bazille also recorded interceptions in the game.

Offensively, junior A.J. Toscano and redshirt freshman Gabe Gilmour combined to throw for 438 yards on 31 completions. Toscano threw for 222 yards on 17 completions, while Gilmour had 216 yards on 14 completions. Gilmour added another 81 yards on the ground, thanks in large part to a 63-yard run around the right end to start the scoring for the day. Redshirt freshman B.J. Hackworth ran well for CSU, tallying 61 yards on 11 carries........

paward
April 12th, 2008, 11:47 PM
So what is the skinny on the QB and other players that are not on the roster?

catamount man
April 13th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Did not know you guys hired Thielen Smith as your DC. Good coach, good man.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

CSUBUCDAD
April 13th, 2008, 06:57 AM
According to an article in post and courier this morning Eli Byrd elected not to return and there was no mention of Sydney Bryant although, as I said in the CSU roster thread, from what I saw yesterday, it would not surprise me if Bryant just threw in the towel too. Both of these two QB's on the roster now are way more suited for the Mills offense than either Byrd or Bryant were.

Libertine
April 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Bryant was a senior in the classroom, wasn't he? Maybe he just decided to go ahead and graduate.

CSUBUCDAD
April 14th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Bryant was a senior in the classroom, wasn't he? Maybe he just decided to go ahead and graduate.

With his shoulder being totally messed up it would not surprise me if that was the case.

CSUBUCDAD
April 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM
One thing I did not mention was that there was quiet a large crowd there for the spring game. My guess would have been around 1500 or so which is more than we have ever had at that game.

CSU BUCS
April 16th, 2008, 08:20 AM
RB Alexus Ferguson Graduated and has accepted a Job working as the residence life coordinator on campus and has thus decided to forgo his 5th year of eligibility.

chantman
April 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Looking at the Spring stats, it doesn't look like they are developing a running game. Should be easy for defenses to defend.