PDA

View Full Version : Nineteen CAA games televised in 2008

Umass74
April 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Nineteen (if I counted right) CAA games will be televised in 2008. Details on the UMass Football Website (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041108aaa.html). Nothing on the CAA site so far.

Six UMass games will be televised and it looks like every CAA team has at least one.

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Massachusetts - 6
New Hampshire - 5
Richmond - 5
Delaware - 4
James Madison - 4
Villanova - 4
Towson - 3
William & Mary - 2
Northeastern - 2
Maine -1
Rhode Island - 1
Hofstra - 1

paward
April 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
We will take it. CAA powers that be does a great job marketing the football program.

Grizzaholic
April 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Nineteen (if I counted right) CAA games will be televised in 2008. Details on the UMass Football Website (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041108aaa.html). Nothing on the CAA site so far.

Six UMass games will be televised and it looks like every CAA team has at least one.

That is great! The more TV coverage the better.

Hoyadestroya85
April 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
its unfortunate that all 4 of Villanova's TV games are games that i'm already planning on going to

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
We will take it. CAA powers that be does a great job marketing the football program.

Very truexthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
its unfortunate that all 4 of Villanova's TV games are games that i'm already planning on going to

I'll be at all the UNH games this year, but I do like getting to see the later CAA game on TV

Old Cage
April 11th, 2008, 06:18 PM
What a difference for us between this and the totally bumbled A-10 hoops television schedule!

It does suggest that we - UMass - will not be playing many "real" night games with our new lights. Albany is our opener and they say the game is at six, but we have not confirmed that yet. The next two home games are on tv at 3:30. I don't expect we will play too many cold weather games at night.

Umass74
April 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
What a difference for us between this and the totally bumbled A-10 hoops television schedule!

It does suggest that we - UMass - will not be playing many "real" night games with our new lights. Albany is our opener and they say the game is at six, but we have not confirmed that yet. The next two home games are on tv at 3:30. I don't expect we will play too many cold weather games at night.

We'll need the lights for the playoff games. :p

Col Hogan
April 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
We'll need the lights for the playoff games. :p

I do like your thinking, my friend.....xthumbsupx

umassfan
April 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM

3:30 is good enough for the drunk students to get out of bed. xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
April 11th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I wish our drunk students preferred going to our games rather than watching college gameday..

RadMann
April 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Things are falling off a bit this year. UD had 7 regular season games on TV last year (Navy, RI, JMU, Towson, W&M, Nova & UNH), and all 4 playoff games on TV, three of which were on ESPN. That was 11 games on tv last year! That's not bad.

BDKJMU
April 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Massachusetts - 6
New Hampshire - 5
Richmond - 5
Delaware - 4
James Madison - 4
Villanova - 4
Towson - 3
William & Mary - 2
Northeastern - 2
Maine -1
Rhode Island - 1
Hofstra - 1

Plus you gotta bet your bottom dollar that ASU @ JMU on Sept 20th will be televised, so that would make 5 for JMU.

Uncle Buck
April 12th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I wish our drunk students preferred going to our games rather than watching college gameday..

Tell me about it. HU students wouldn't know a tailgate if they were hit over the head with a friggin' barbecue. The student attendance is just plain pathetic, but it has been for years. xsmhx

paward
April 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
We have had that same problem, student attendence. It has gotten better but not where is could be. Most that come tend to leave early. The stadium being off campus is one reason. Hopefully they will be there when the new stadium is built on campus.

DTSpider
April 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
The CAA is definitely well run, but what else would you expect with Chuck Boone leading way.

Glad UR has some of its further away away games televised this year.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I'll be at all the UNH games this year, but I do like getting to see the later CAA game on TV

I also like to tape those UNH games that I see in person for a later viewing. Also love that the CN8 games are "on demand" and usually are available for viewing for a week. When I attend games, I'm traveling and miss the second game of the doubleheader or miss the primary game being broadcast. "On Demand" allows me to still watch some of the other games. CN8, CSN and the "on demand" is what keeps me a Comcast customer; otherwise, I'd have gone to a dish package.

RadMann
April 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Delaware will have at least one more telecast game more than the list cited as my understanding is that all Maryland games are broadcast in the DC/Baltimore area. I would also not be surprised if the Furman game gets on TV as well.

Eight Legger
April 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Same with UR at UVA...that will certainly be on TV somewhere.

The A-10 b-ball TV schedule is embarrassing. If we ever get a new commissioner in that league, we can only hope he/she follows suit and gets us a deal like the CAA gets for football.

paward
April 12th, 2008, 08:40 PM
New commissioner on the way from what I have heard.

DTSpider
April 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
UR at UVA probably will not be televised. It has not been the past. UVA would not want to risk a loss to UR being on tape anywhere.

ericsaid
April 13th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I would say JMU and ASU will be on the MASN or SS. Wouldn't suprise me if ESPNU covered it.

paward
April 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
UR at UVA probably will not be televised. It has not been the past. UVA would not want to risk a loss to UR being on tape anywhere.

Love it!

jessesd
April 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Tell me about it. HU students wouldn't know a tailgate if they were hit over the head with a friggin' barbecue. The student attendance is just plain pathetic, but it has been for years. xsmhx
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx
It's illegal to tailgate at Hofstra/Shuart stadium (used in my days)... I lived two doors away from the stadium in Huntington place and heard that so many times from the Campus Gestapo.... xbawlingx xbawlingx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Also any food in or around the stadium must be provided by the School food service.... xviolinx xviolinx We tried a Tailgate and grilling for homecomming 2002 (it rained of course) and we were turndown and ended up together at my front lawn as a last resource and still got in trouble by the City of Uniondale... Same rules apply to the Nassau Veterans coliseum right across the street

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
It's illegal to tailgate at Hofstra/Shuart stadium (used in my days)... I lived two doors away from the stadium in Huntington place and heard that so many times from the Campus Gestapo.... xbawlingx xbawlingx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Also any food in or around the stadium must be provided by the School food service.... xviolinx xviolinx We tried a Tailgate and grilling for homecomming 2002 (it rained of course) and we were turndown and ended up together at my front lawn as a last resource and still got in trouble by the City of Uniondale... Same rules apply to the Nassau Veterans coliseum right across the street

We tailgated at Hofstra this year before the game, at half time, and after the game. They were fine about re-entry at half time and gave us no problem what so ever. There were very few Hofstra fan tailgating but that can't be blamed on the campus police (unless past experience is keeping people away).

BDKJMU
April 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Ditto- tailgated at Hofstra in 05' near stadium before watching JMU win 42-10 I think it was.

Uncle Buck
April 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
It's illegal to tailgate at Hofstra/Shuart stadium (used in my days)...

When did you attend? I've been tailgating since '95 and as long as you weren't getting out of hand, they have been pretty good. There was a time when they preferred beers to be in cups, but i would say that hasn't been an issue for some time now. In fact, we used to have some pretty big tailgates with the players families from late 90's on.

Mouse
April 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
what is Masn?

jmu_duke07
April 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
what is Masn?

Mid-Atlantic Sports Network

jessesd
April 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
When did you attend? I've been tailgating since '95 and as long as you weren't getting out of hand, they have been pretty good. There was a time when they preferred beers to be in cups, but i would say that hasn't been an issue for some time now. In fact, we used to have some pretty big tailgates with the players families from late 90's on.

I was there from fall 2000 to December 2002, but lived next to the stadium until July 2003,
Post 9/11, they were nasty about tailgating, we attempted tailgating with the others MBA's and had to shut-off the grills then take them to my place, then after a little bit they got in our case for open containers... we were all over 21 in our large group, so we ended up moving to my place alltogether. Since we were officially off campus they could not force us to shut the grills in our property, so campus Safety/Gestapo called Uniondale PD to shutt us down, same thing happened to some of the other people from W&M who visited that year...this was the fall 2002?

As you can imaginne, we did not do much during the fall of 2001-post 9-11, We lost people and I can't remember if there was a homecoming celebration at all, I did not go to a single game that year.

The description of a tailgate at Hofstra was: you that can hang together around a vehicle or tent, but no fires...grills, etc. For larger groups the food needs to be provided by food services. We only had one tent with food provided by food services.... it was nasty! never did that again.

Seems that they may have relaxed a bit now by your comments.

After several 2-day tailgates at UF-UGA in JAX, it would be imposible to tailgate at Hofstra for me again.

ChickenMan
April 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM
what is Masn?

Comcast's MASN is the 'Mid Atlantic Sports Network'.. which covers Baltimore and DC pro sports along with college sports from that same general area.

bluehenbillk
April 14th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I'd look for CSN to pickup the UD-FU game, no Phillies conflict that day.

NYJMUSupporter
April 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I also have tailgated at Hoftra. I am also a die hard Islanders fan, and I have tailgated many times at the NVMC.

paward
April 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
What is the seating capacity at Hofstra?

bluehenbillk
April 15th, 2008, 06:43 AM
What is the seating capacity at Hofstra?

Believe it's 15K but 99.9 percent of the time it's below 10K for football.

AshevilleApp2
April 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
That's a nice TV package. I hope some of the games make it to CSS.

appfan2008
April 15th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I would like to see that ud fu game i hope it gets picked up by somebody

BDKJMU
April 15th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Believe it's 15K but 99.9 percent of the time it's below 10K for football.

They have a nice looking facility, bowled in on one side and no track, so the stands aren't soo far from the field. Too bad they don't fill it.

http://www.hofstra.edu/images/sports_ath_shuartstadiumnew.jpg

Uncle Buck
April 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
They have a nice looking facility, bowled in on one side and no track, so the stands aren't soo far from the field. Too bad they don't fill it.

http://www.hofstra.edu/images/sports_ath_shuartstadiumnew.jpg

It is a shame, the facility itself seats 15K and really is a nice setup. Bowled on one side and the fieldhouse on the open end. Attendance is typically low, hell, that picture could have been taken on gameday! I wish we had more of a following like some of the southern schools.

jmu_duke07
April 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I would like to see that ud fu game i hope it gets picked up by somebody

I can def. see CSS picking it up. A good CAA/SoCon matchup. Is that the same day as JMU/APP game?

Ivytalk
April 15th, 2008, 01:59 PM
The only UD HOME game on the schedule is against Nova. Should be a good one!