Nov 8 - Coastal Carolina
Nov 15 -(at) Liberty
Nov 22 -Open(May add a game)

slostang
April 7th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Nice schedule.

dgreco
April 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
good schedule. I guess the GT game balances out the DII game.

terrierbob
April 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Any SoCon games scheduled next few years?

OLDLCOACH111
April 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Any SoCon games scheduled next few years?

Not sure, we had one this year, yet was dropped for LSU... Obviously a no- brainer decision...

terrierbob
April 7th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Not sure, we had one this year, yet was dropped for LSU... Obviously a no- brainer decision...

Mus be da money

Keeper
April 7th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Knowing that Tusculum is home and GT away,
is there official word on the other home contests?

nwFL Griz
April 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Sam Houston, Presby, VMI, Coastal are all home.

My only question is the Tenn Tech game....where is that being played?

TexasTerror
April 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
We are very happy that Gardner-Webb and Sam Houston State are in a home-and-home. This is an opponent that we are all looking forward to at Sam...

All Gardner-Webb fans are welcome over to KatFans.com to tell us about your program, the coming year and to share in the game that will be this season...

OLDLCOACH111
April 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Sam Houston, Presby, VMI, Coastal are all home.

My only question is the Tenn Tech game....where is that being played?

Sorry, I left that part outxoopsx , I just fixed it though..xreadx

Tennesee tech is an away game..

Seawolf97
April 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Nice schedule ! Looking forward to our game on Nov. 1stxpeacex

ericsaid
April 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
GWU will have a great quarterback coming in. 4,000+ passing yards and 52 TD's as a senior in high school. Amazing. will be interesting to see how he does.

TexasTerror
April 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
GWU will have a great quarterback coming in. 4,000+ passing yards and 52 TD's as a senior in high school. Amazing. will be interesting to see how he does.

Do you guys have a returning QB that has some mileage in the tank? Or are you going to be starting a youngin'?

justsaying
April 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Do you guys have a returning QB that has some mileage in the tank? Or are you going to be starting a youngin'?

They will probably start Stan Dolittle who would be the most experienced and knows the system. They are known for running a two quarterback system though, so I believe the youngin will see allot of time also...

The bio of the Incoming freshman is impressive though...

Darius Thomas * 6-1 * 180 * QB * Charlotte, N.C. / West Charlotte HS
Played at West Charlotte (N.C.) High under Coach Maurice Flowers ... Runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds ... Named North Carolina Player of the Year by the Associated Press in 2007 ... Completed 246-of-386 passes for a school-record 4,460 yards and 56 touchdowns ... Season passing yardage total ranks 16th in national prep football history and fifth best in the North Carolina history ... Named to the PrepNation 101 All-America Team following the 2007 season ... 2007 First-team All-State by the Associated Press and NCPreps.com ... Named Statewide Offensive Player of the Year by NCPreps.com ... Became the first player in the history of North Carolina prep football to post a pair of 500-yard games passing ... Finished third in N.C. prep history in touchdowns accounted for in a single season ... Completed 27-of-49 passes for 512 yards and four touchdowns vs. Independence (N.C.) High ... Went 14-for-25 for 501 yards and five scores in a state playoff win over Richmond County ... Had two different games with seven touchdown passes ... Had six touchdown passes vs. Concord Robinson ... Helped team to a 13-2 record and the Class 4AA State semifinals ... Charlotte Observer Offensive Player of the Year ... A first-team All-Observer selection ... Also a first-team All-Mecklenburg County choice ... Named Mecklenburg County Offensive Player of the Year by the Charlotte Observer ...

Uncle Buck
April 9th, 2008, 03:15 PM
good schedule. I guess the GT game balances out the DII game.

No you're mistaken, Stony Brook is FCS! xeekx

The first shot across the bow of our rivals to the east. xsmiley_wix

Seawolf97
April 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM
No you're mistaken, Stony Brook is FCS! xeekx

The first shot across the bow of our rivals to the east. xsmiley_wix

Ouch xlolx Actually I have family wedding on 9/27-so hopefully the game will start around 8am between the Seawolves and the Pride-be done by lunchtimexnonono2x
Good luck in 2008!

Sly Fox
April 10th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Hey, perhaps I will catch the game next season with the Dawgs come down to Huntsville.

G-W should be right in the hunt in the Big South.

Uncle Buck
April 10th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Ouch xlolx Actually I have family wedding on 9/27-so hopefully the game will start around 8am between the Seawolves and the Pride-be done by lunchtimexnonono2x
Good luck in 2008!

Man i hate when people schedule weddings during football season...what the hell were they thinking! xnonox

OLDLCOACH111
April 10th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Gardner-Webb 2008 Football Schedule

Aug 28-(at) Tennessee Tech
Sep 6 - Tusculum College
Sep 13 -(at) Austin Peay
Sep 20 - Open
Sep 27 - Sam Houston State
Oct 4 -(at) Charleston Southern
Oct 11 -(at) Georgia Tech
Oct 18 - Presbyterian
Oct 25 - Virgina Military Institute
Nov 1 -(at) Stony Brook
Nov 8 - Coastal Carolina
Nov 15 -(at) Liberty
Nov 22 -Open(May add a game)

Here is the Link!!
http://www.gwusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1437422&DB_OEM_ID=10300

GWalum
April 19th, 2008, 08:47 AM
What became of the Miami (OH) game we heard whispers of? Is there gossip about potential opponents for the open date at season's end?

Libertine
April 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I'm guessing CSU took the Miami (OH) date. They've got the Redhawks on 9/13.

Thumper250
April 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM
No other FBS games in 2008 that I've heard of. I think they're square on 11 games.

Doolittle will be your starting QB. The OL should be an improved group too, so that'll help. Dobson Collins is a 50-catch guy at receiver and a conference champion hurdle man. I think the key for their offense is finding a second true threat at WR and getting SO runner Patrick Hall the ball a lot on the ground.

Defense, well they lost a great one in Johnston. I'm hearing third round on him now NFL draft wise, so that's a loss. All the LB are back, and all the secondary are back. The front four needs some work, but they should be scrappy.