PDA

View Full Version : I find the lack of Griz threads refreshing

UNHWildCats
April 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
:p :p :p :p

Eyes of Old Main
April 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Fear not. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure they'll be popping up.

hebmskebm
April 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I wish I could say the same about the lack of Boston area team homer threads, but sadly, they are plentiful.

Grizalltheway
April 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I wish I could say the same about the lack of Boston area team homer threads, but sadly, they are plentiful.

QFT

ursus arctos horribilis
April 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Wildcats has a definite negative affect on the way I feel about the Boston area teams. He can make you hate almost anything that he likes just by his slanted view of things. I never was a fan of Hillary so I can't pin that one on him, but I used to at least like if not really root for all the other Boston teams. I have never gotten more enjoyment out of a Super Bowl than I did this year. He is the closest thing to a traditional Philadelphia or Pittsburgh sports fan that I have ever seen. Oddly enough, I still like UNH and will root for them in 95% of their match ups.

UNHWildCats
April 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM
we made need more too... i stopped with the game threads and Boston gets swept in Toronto, guess I gotta go back to them Tuesday afternoon :D

trouthunter
April 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Man, this post is almost enough to get my dander up. I imagine that most of us griz fans are enjoying the spoils of Montana--snowboarding, drowning flys, and getting ready for the spring hunting seasons (I think that spring turkey opened yesterday).

Don't worry I guarantee in two months, Griz Nation will be back in full force--annoying as ever!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

montanafan
April 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Man, this post is almost enough to get my dander up. I imagine that most of us griz fans are enjoying the spoils of Montana--snowboarding, drowning flys, and getting ready for the spring hunting seasons (I think that spring turkey opened yesterday).

Don't worry I guarantee in two months, Griz Nation will be back in full force--annoying as ever!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Don't forget snowmobiling and Ice fishing.:D :D
Check this movie out crazy long snowmobile jump

http://www.cookecitysinclair.com/movie2-18.wmv

ursus arctos horribilis
April 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM

That's a sweet shot. It's tough to try and convey to people why winter is so much fun If they don't ski, board, or snowmobile. Some of the best times I've ever had are going out snowmobiling with a group of friends and hitting the top of a mountain and busting through a cornice.

DuckDuckGriz
April 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Why did this thread not begin with "CHASING HISTORY"
xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx :D

ursus arctos horribilis
April 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Why did this thread not begin with "CHASING HISTORY"
xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx :D

I think it probably has something to do with the fact that those threads look pretty silly when history steps on the gas pedal and zooms away.

montanafan
April 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
That's a sweet shot. It's tough to try and convey to people why winter is so much fun If they don't ski, board, or snowmobile. Some of the best times I've ever had are going out snowmobiling with a group of friends and hitting the top of a mountain and busting through a cornice.

I took that picture while snowmobiling in Cooke City (just north and east of Yellowstone National Park) last year. I thought this guy was going to bring the mountain down on himself.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I took that picture while snowmobiling in Cooke City (just north and east of Yellowstone National Park) last year. I thought this guy was going to bring the mountain down on himself.

Yes hi marking is a blast if it's done under non avalanche conditions. The guy has definitely had some seat time on a sled. I've had several friends get tumbled in avalanches. One of them didn't make it out about 5 years ago. You gotta know your stuff with a mountain if your gonna try that stuff. A lot of bad things can happen when it starts warming up a little to a sledhead that doesn't heed the dangers.

Appaholic
April 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM

I'm envious.......I am one of the few people living in the South that love winter and hate summer.....too damm hot in SE during summer.....and winter keeps the touristas away......my goal is to eventually move to Montana where you can enjoy a winter and a summer.....and enjoy sporting my Back-to-Back-to-Back NC shirt around Missoula....:D

montanafan
April 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm envious.......I am one of the few people living in the South that love winter and hate summer.....too damm hot in SE during summer.....and winter keeps the touristas away......my goal is to eventually move to Montana where you can enjoy a winter and a summer.....and enjoy sporting my Back-to-Back-to-Back NC shirt around Missoula....:D

Youu Soo Funny GI. You come to Missoula we show you good time. :D

montanafan
April 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM

We are one of the few spots in America that actually have a temp swing between winter and summer of more than 130 degrees (-30 winter to 105 summer).. xnodx xnodx

CharlestonAppFan
April 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM

uh...don't you mean back-to-back-to-back-to-back NC shirt? xeyebrowx Remember, you are the one who is suppose to break D1B's curse this upcoming year. xsmiley_wix

phillyAPP
April 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM
uh...don't you mean back-to-back-to-back-to-back NC shirt? xeyebrowx Remember, you are the one who is suppose to break D1B's curse this upcoming year. xsmiley_wixGood memory ChuchtownAPPfan-- Keep the backs coming

trouthunter
April 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM
We are one of the few spots in America that actually have a temp swing between winter and summer of more than 130 degrees (-30 winter to 105 summer).. xnodx xnodx

When I was a freshman in college, there was a 100 degree swing overnight -30 to 70

trouthunter
April 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM

I imagine we would show you our legendary hospitality--buy you a Moose Drool, and probably invite you over for a BBQ.

Apps03
April 10th, 2008, 12:02 PM

I'm with you on that one. The N.C. High Country is one of the very few places in the south that comes close to offering what those lucky ones in Montana have. That's how I ended up in Boone.

I have an old sticker from one of the King St shops that says THC
(The High Country)

Grizzaholic
April 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm with you on that one. The N.C. High Country is one of the very few places in the south that comes close to offering what those lucky ones in Montana have. That's how I ended up in Boone.

I have an old sticker from one of the King St shops that says THC
(The High Country)

Really. THC stands for the high country. xsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
April 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Really. THC stands for the high country. xsmiley_wix

Indeed it does. There's also an outdoor shop there named Footsloggers who's motto is (or was) "Get High On A Mountain"

WIU02
April 10th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I was just wondering what league is Craig Ochs in these days? The shack your crappy DI-AA schools play in looks worse than the fields I played in pop warner. What do you strokes do when your not getting your molestor beards trimmed you wierdos. Honestly, when Appalachian State is working the weak D1-AA level year after year, what do you guys root for?

The real reason I wanted to post on here was to ask what is the best store to buy a 4-wheeler to ride through the black hills. I would prefer one that could go off some sweet jumps.

Also, What kind of D-1 transfers do you guys need to help make your team look somewhere near respectable? Not every one of your garbage schools can pay for a beast like Joe Flacco. Transfer U in the hizzy. Furthermore, how do you get a black guy to go to your all-white, long beard school?

Get back to me. I'll wait.

Peems
April 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I was just wondering what league is Craig Ochs in these days? The shack your crappy DI-AA schools play in looks worse than the fields I played in pop warner. What do you strokes do when your not getting your molestor beards trimmed you wierdos. Honestly, when Appalachian State is working the weak D1-AA level year after year, what do you guys root for?

The real reason I wanted to post on here was to ask what is the best store to buy a 4-wheeler to ride through the black hills. I would prefer one that could go off some sweet jumps.

Also, What kind of D-1 transfers do you guys need to help make your team look somewhere near respectable? Not every one of your garbage schools can pay for a beast like Joe Flacco. Transfer U in the hizzy. Furthermore, how do you get a black guy to go to your all-white, long beard school?

I like how you edited this to say your brother did this but you failed to just erase this entire post. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM

On the first issue of the four wheeler I think you should know that a three wheeler is the way to go. Four wheels are for pussies. Another thing to remember when buying the really cool three wheeler would be to not let the salesman talk you into one of those pesky helmets or taking ANY kind of training for riding it. Good riding trails to not only consider but make sure that you get to are any trails where you can go extremely fast. It is also very fun to make sure that there are plenty of low branches and large rocks purely for the scenic value.

On the second point here what we normally do is have the recruits read something from you and they then make the proper decision that will keep them from ending up like yourself. Glad to be of assistance so feel free to step into our office when you find yourself in need of guidance again.